Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options
1329330331332333335»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Breadandbutter

I'd guess
    Dalton

Griffin
    Cahill
    Smith

Conor O'Brien (B'rock)
    CO'L
    John Cashman

B McCarthy
    xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx
    M O'Halloran
    S Kingston

J Looney
    B Dunne
    xxxxxxxx

tbh I saw this group a good few times at U16 and they looked a bit short in class and too reliant on certain players. Tipp, although they lost to KK, looked pretty exceptional at U16 last yr.

Yeah Willie I'd give your team a run

Dalton in goal a must and your free taker except for close in

I'd maybe swop conor English for Conor o Brien in half backs and look at o Brien in midfield - he's very versatile and a huge player for Blackrock

I'd have O Flynn, O Mahony, Cormack, Hackett, maybe Gunning, Healy in shake up for forwards

Plenty of talent but they need to be coached, managed, 'conditioned' and prepared - I don't think this group has achieved its potential - maybe this year !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sean excellent post ,i woudnt discard christy on one article,hes top top in faireness.
    Cuthbhert definetly won the media over.

Slingerz, well where do i start.
    What cusack meant,i meant,sutcliffe means as clearly said in post i re,quoted myself,was managing or playing at high level,but managing i always said is key,proven managrrial success,and you well know that from my posts
    Im not suprised you dont agree with cusack,you never have and you dislilke clyda ,a team that endeared hearts of many

Now yes gene hasnt senior intercounty medal but well above the current five,played ,coached skib,all ireland club in 90s

As for english,looks at hes record,clyda,dromcollogher both limited clubs munster titkes,waterford senior footballers ist win in twenty years senior munster gamw,duhallow,much much better than currrent crew

i understand they dont meet your criteria of being from muskerry and,anyone their is a god but proven coaching records and cusack im sure would laud them as scaled the summit as unlike you with respect has winning attuide i would think.
    Ricken is a top coach but has a young family and will not get involved for now.
    Ricken coached,cit to a sigerson

please tell me who you want as manager please and i ask again whats your cork team for next year ,i ask now as nice to know your views on things now
    What do you make of cuthbhert??

You were of the view he was doing okay and the panel he had that i disagreed with was the best avaible to cork and we should give things time.

I don't rate the current setup at all really I was not in favour of them at time of appointment. In the same time I'm not convinced that the players are they're to win an all ireland either but they could certainly do better than this year.

I've listed my team here before but naming a 1-15 isn't an exact science as I would want them to play in a certain manner. Defensively I don't see us having the players to be at the top table

As for Gene and English my point was that Cusack said they had to have achieved the success to coach it which is rubbish as those two are better coaches than some former players that have won an all Ireland previously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

All the guys you picked wille very hard to disagree with
    For me english was outstanding minor success,scoring regular  from half back
    Maybee out to midfield to facilate cashman

Walsh played senior for bride,held hes own so hard to ignore

One forward that has to be there,has to start is tim o mahony,club,school,senior,minor,u 21 been unstoppable.

Dan landers unreal county finals,works on mobilty be very hard to leave out.

The base is there,and they have good coaching as a group they will be very good.
    Tipp have some good talent ,thurles etc,cahill in charge,seems okay but limerick beat them handier than cork last year

If halloran is held,landers,held,then o mahiny,kingtson ,looney wont be
    Theres a potent six forwards to prevent any over relliance on one  key player

What we both agree on is the eleven you picked,are all top hurlers very much in contention

Dean ryan nine point hero josh beasuang will push for a place ,padraig dennehy if injury free may push also on the panel

Im not going to waste my time doing u 21 list as unless management change imo werr were wasting our time
    Talent is there
    Unbelievable bar cusack no pundit ex player questioned the management set up our asked ,the board to account for the Shambolic,disgraceful dissaster in ennis that night
    Dalton is a fine keeper but cian collins,looney etc just as good.
    For me collins temapent,expierrnce sunday county final.edges it,and dalton is better for cork as half forward
    The most interesting thing is theres real debate bout the team,shows our strength in depth

O brien is a fine player

People must forget bout challenge matches too,to a point
    Cork beat tipp in the lead up,and people said it was well coached etc,it wasnt,tipp just went through the motions,as warmed up for clare
    We must judge every game on face value.

if we draw limerick in the u21 it be in cork and cork could win only cause limerick with tom ryan ,even with the good kiely there,will self destruct but all the other teams could beat us
    Thats our best draw
    Tipp a fine coached team ,minors,2012,will destroy us should we meet ,imo will win munster
    Clare will be competive but not as strong on the sideline or,field as this year,would beat cork again though

Cork with bran new intermefiate team,will be strong again next year imo,superb coach in liam hayes
    Doesnt do much limelight,not media glory hunter,but in the limelight for on the field achievwments than actually talk regards visions and phiåsophy of how there team or the game should be played

Actions will always speak louder than any words imo in GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goalmouth

Now if i was to pick the minor team now .It would be capable beating anyone in munster,including limerick.

Cian Collins
    Dean linehan
    Ian cahill they may play him as a forward where cloyne have i woud not ,Griffin just as good
    Seadna smith
    Donal english chris o leary shane walsh thats a hard line to pick

Defenders very hard to pick

Griffin,mellrrick,harrington,cashman.,id all be happy with
    John cashman or chris o leary very very very hard call,toss a coin terriorty,chris just over expierence with hamilton last year

Midfield
    Butty mccarthy defo, saich or coleman or coughlan

Half,forwards
    dan landers,tim o mahony,kingston
    Full forward line Dunne halloran looney

That team has power,pace,hurling,athlteicsim,hurling craft and intelligence with tough characters,take some team to beat them
    Lots of other good hurlers could come in and,do a job

TTM ur knowledge on the minors is most impressive if I am to be honest I haven't heard of a good few of those lads
    Due to work commitments I will not be able to go to dungarvan tomorrow but one of my club men hopefully is goin and if he does I will put up a report

goalmouth wrote: »
    TTM ur knowledge on the minors is most impressive if I am to be honest I haven't heard of a good few of those lads
    Due to work commitments I will not be able to go to dungarvan tomorrow but one of my club men hopefully is goin and if he does I will put up a report

No bother unsure if can make game myself ar this stage

The night that it is ,i must pay compliment to the wonderful ex,cork u 21 hurler david meyler heroic gutsy perfornance,v world champions in their colessum tonight

Proud ,so proud my tears of joy were red and white with pride our gaa man,one of our own stood tall against the world champions
    Well done David.Awesome at right back.

I preach again from the bottom of my rebel heart people our people in cork ,are equal to talents anywhere in the world,just need good coaching to develop

I have no doubt no doubt cork can put out 15 lads in minor hurling with proper stuctures  to win an all ireland

With respect slingerz,complete nonense cork dont have the talent to win or,defenders an all ireland
    That talk sickens me in cork,gives me a bad bad dose of diarroea if im honest in ,we have no talent,takes the ownernship of accountability of our poor manager,is like its too simplistic just to blame a manager,stuff that the muskerry man bob ryan would love to hear ,blame lazy excuses rather than the real reasons

No offence but come on in fairness,kerry look at them this year,missing gooch,griffin,aging defence,no walsh,refused to accept it ,still believed they could win an all ireland,we accept were beaten before we start,we accept mediocroty ,that culture of winning makes kerry kerry,culture of blaming lack talent,easy as doesnt confront harsh truths and why cork football is stuck in a world of mediovcity.
    Complete bulls##t of the highest order we dont have the talent.
    We have the talent,more than donegal,mayo,kerry but we dont have a manager

Tonight ireland expecting a back lash against world champions away ,did not go with we the mentality,we have which we do limited talent but we can accept to be beaten.Jesus christ roy keane be fuming if he heard that.
    You still play til the end,you get a result,no coinicende,twice in games,we got late goals,that keane drive and man unitedism ,like he had at sunderland,late goals,we fight til the end.Thats why ireland got a result not a moral victory.

Cork football needs roy keane attuide ,no excues.
    Now rather than sing a song in.a four nil defeat to spain,tonight we have every reason to sing.
    Keane attuide driven in to team,superb martin o.neill brought him in as he knew irish soccer needed a culture change,a man embedded in winning like keane was the man to do it.Keane seen as the enemy within,far from it,has he faults yes but is a winner,in sport.

Hear martin o.neill attuide after,he said ,one nil defeat ,same as five,moral victories mean nothing,We had to get a result
    Look at ireland ,how many players at top four clubs uk,none,lot ist division players in squad,yet we draw world champions
    Wake up cork football,dont lie back and accept.Change it.

Your seriously way of the mark.imo if out of two clancys,galvin,loughrey,cadogan,crowley,brian o driscoll,shields we cant put together a coeherent effective defence.
    Look at donegal,piss poor under doherty,jim magican came in,bout 11 team destroyeed by armagh in their darkest hour transformed the following year,won ulster ist time in twenty years
    Unlike donegal,cork have at u 21 cleaned up at provinical level,plus won all irelands,and majiorry cork lads won very hard sigerson cup with ucc in the north,all because again they had a great,i.mean great manager now.
    To say cork dont have the talent,with the greatest respect slingerz is a complete and utter load of nonense.

Thats answer regsard picking a team is neither here or there imo.
    Its simple,pick a team,tell us how you want them to play.
    I do it myself all the time

• Advertisement

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/ephie-fitzgerald-clare-1724707-Oct2014/
    Good coach
    Will do well down their
    Proven success again with clubs and intercounty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

10000 post limit reached.
    New thread created.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement