Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Prices

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

145.6 in maxol harolds cross this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

I'm still seeing(as of 2 days ago) around 1.55 for petrol in a few garages along the N2 in Dublin, it's as dear as ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭newbie13

there are 2 Topaz stations in Ennis Clare, two them has different fuel price from each other by a mile.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

1.39 in Ballyheane Castlebar for diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

newbie13 wrote: »
    there are 2 Topaz stations in Ennis Clare, two them has different fuel price from each other by a mile.

didnt someone mention on boards before that topaz dictates the price to the garages...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

pegasus1 wrote: »
    didnt someone mention on boards before that topaz dictates the price to the garages...?

I'd imagine that that only applies to stations that are operated by topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

yop wrote: »
    1.39 in Ballyheane Castlebar for diesel

Was the same (I think! It was very early.. :p) in Topaz Tallaght this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Only one station in all of Co. Sligo that is 151.9. Every other garage is more!

I swear they all have a pricing agreement. It's been well over a year since the prices here were anywhere near the national average, let alone below it!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

newbie13 wrote: »

???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

moxin wrote: »
    I'm still seeing(as of 2 days ago) around 1.55 for petrol in a few garages along the N2 in Dublin, it's as dear as ever!

That's because there the dearest petrol stations in dublin, when everywhere else was 1.51, they where 1.58.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

in Kilkenny esso at clonmel roundabout is 141.9 and topaz Waterford road is 139.9

Only one station in all of Co. Sligo that is 151.9. Every other garage is more!

I swear they all have a pricing agreement. It's been well over a year since the prices here were anywhere near the national average, let alone below it!

Yip, most expensive place for petrol in the country. Years ago there was garages fined for price fixing in Sligo and now they are at it again and have been for some time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Despite all the detailed explanations on this thread the bottom line is that when oil prices go up, fuel goes up. When they go down, you'd be lucky to see a cent or two in reduction. As it happens the prices in my area haven't dropped at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

generally the price of petrol here (Munich) is more or less identical to Ireland. It does though seem that the continent sees price rises and falls quicker than Ireland.

In just the past couple of days the price though has plummeted and I filled up for €1.38 which seems to be the average price about the place, and other places were as low as €1.33 for petrol. Its surreal how quick the prices just dropped
    Up till last week the prices were similar to what youre reporting in Ireland currently (€1.50L at the cheapest) so I'd say it'll just take a while for the cheaper supplies to make its way via tanker to Ireland and eventually onto the forecourts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Jesus. wrote: »
    Despite all the detailed explanations on this thread the bottom line is that when oil prices go up, fuel goes up. When they go down, you'd be lucky to see a cent or two in reduction. As it happens the prices in my area haven't dropped at all.

Got it in one JC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

The major players in the fuel markey are now blaming the dollar... always an excuse!!

generally the price of petrol here (Munich) is more or less identical to Ireland. It does though seem that the continent sees price rises and falls quicker than Ireland. In just the past couple of days the price though has plummeted and I filled up for €1.38 which seems to be the average price about the place, and other places were as low as €1.33 for petrol. Its surreal how quick the prices just dropped Up till last week the prices were similar to what youre reporting in Ireland currently (€1.50L at the cheapest) so I'd say it'll just take a while for the cheaper supplies to make its way via tanker to Ireland and eventually onto the forecourts.

Wanna bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Saw unleaded for 148.9 this morning. Lowest i've seen in a long time

generally the price of petrol here (Munich) is more or less identical to Ireland. It does though seem that the continent sees price rises and falls quicker than Ireland.

In just the past couple of days the price though has plummeted and I filled up for €1.38 which seems to be the average price about the place, and other places were as low as €1.33 for petrol. Its surreal how quick the prices just dropped
    Up till last week the prices were similar to what youre reporting in Ireland currently (€1.50L at the cheapest) so I'd say it'll just take a while for the cheaper supplies to make its way via tanker to Ireland and eventually onto the forecourts.

Hmmm.. when the tankers have the more expensive fuel on board, they must sail faster to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Esso on the N81, just as you come off the m50 were 145.9 all weekend and 147.9 this morning. Queues out the door everytime I went by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

But the Irish Petrol Retailers' Association, which represents 500 independent petrol retailers, blamed the strength of the dollar against the euro for the failure of prices to fall at the pumps.

Spokesman David Blevings admitted that crude oil prices were now at levels last seen in 2010, with plenty of supply. And he said prices should drop towards the end of this year, but that the process took time.

But Mr Blevings added that it was important to remember that the Government takes almost 60pc of the pump price in excise duty and VAT.

And he insisted that it was the price of refined petroleum that determines wholesale prices, not crude oil prices.

A shortage of refineries in Europe meant the price of road fuel had not come down as much as some expect.

http://www.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/drop-in-oil-prices-not-being-passed-on-at-pumps-30676827.html

very slight increase in wholesale petrol prices yesterday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Statoil station on the Dock Road in Limerick that has cheaper and dearer fuel prices than itself!
    Two price signs, one 1.37 and 1.47, the other 1.38 and 1.48.
    Didn't stop to check, so don't know which one's accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I filled up yesterday petrol was 1.45 in blackpool in cork cheapest in long time.

Gavman84 wrote: »
    I filled up yesterday petrol was 1.45 in blackpool in cork cheapest in long time.

Petrol 143.9 , esso sth link cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

That garage on South link always seems cheap enough awkward place tho I find to use and often qing for awhile. Still some garages charging 1.53 etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

mikeecho wrote: »
    Petrol 143.9 , esso sth link cork

Their fuel doesn't seem the best though, I heard some dodgy stuff about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My local Tesco in Mayo has fuel at 152.9
    It was154.9 for months then in October it went to 153.9 and now it's at the figure above.

My local Tesco in Mayo has fuel at 152.9
    It was154.9 for months then in October it went to 153.9 and now it's at the figure above.

Its a fukkin' joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Jesus. wrote: »
    Its a fukkin' joke

It is after reading the above in the low 140's and high 130's. I thought I was getting a good deal at 152.9

Advertisement