Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Has the pumps at the Texaco garage on the North Ring Road stopped all together?

Dunno. Price board hasn't been on in weeks and it looked like it was shuttered up recently, but have seen cars on the forecourt. Shop looks like it's open.

Edit: Was definitely shuttered up earlier this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

mikeecho wrote: »
    Hint..Check out the first post

So I guessed right. It was 2011! I know someone had a table up here before which went back over the last few years. Don't know where it is now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Jesus. wrote: »
    So I guessed right. It was 2011! I know someone had a table up here before which went back over the last few years. Don't know where it is now.

The aa website has a pdf of historic fuel prices

What you drive, a DeLorean? :cool::p

No but Mattress Mick does!

mikeecho wrote: »
    The aa website has a pdf of historic fuel prices

Got it: http://www.theaa.ie/AA/Motoring-advice/~/media/Files/AA%20Ireland/Reports/Fuelprices%20history.ashx

Yeah, so 2011 was pretty consistent with the current average, taking the current one to be around 1.48/1.49. The high point in that period was Sept 2012 when it was up at a very pricey 1.70. So I suppose we can't complain too much at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Just saw Unleaded 146.9 and Diesel 137.9 in a place thats usually the most expensive around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

My local Tesco in Mayo has fuel at 152.9
    It was154.9 for months then in October it went to 153.9 and now it's at the figure above.

I think there is a reason why Tesco have that price so high. I just received a 10 cent voucher off my next fill up due to shopping at Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

€129 and change for this evenings fill, can't remember the last time a fill was less than €130, good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

They keep it high priced for teh tourists :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

€129 and change for this evenings fill, can't remember the last time a fill was less than €130, good news.

You must be driving a big tank to cost that much for a fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

applegreen aka blackquary in kilkenny ... diesel now 136.8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Why are these prices still up the 130 140 mark. I remember when the oil prices were as low as they were and we were paying less than 1.20 and lower. Is this the effect of the increased taxes over the years?

Diesel 138.9 in esso tallaght n81 btw
    Petrol 1.47 as of last night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Filled up twice yesterday..
    The garage in Islandbridge was 137.9 for diesel.
    Maxol out on the bandon to cork ring road (unsure where exactly, it was late and I was following the satnav :P ) was still 141.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

greenman09 wrote: »
    Why are these prices still up the 130 140 mark. I remember when the oil prices were as low as they were and we were paying less than 1.20 and lower. Is this the effect of the increased taxes over the years?

Diesel 138.9 in esso tallaght n81 btw
    Petrol 1.47 as of last night

Carbon taxes
    Extra duty in the various budgets
    Vat is now 23%, (during the boom it was 20%)
    Dollar v Euro exchange rate

All that, and retailers know that it's a product that we need

No-one's come close to my 141.9 petrol fill up yet. Must be the chaypest in d Country :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

moxin wrote: »
    I think there is a reason why Tesco have that price so high. I just received a 10 cent voucher off my next fill up due to shopping at Tesco!

I remember thinking that Tesco would provide some genuine competition in Ireland for fuel, what a joke.
    Should have remembered that genuine competition doesn't exist here.
    Well, at least Tesco is finding out that cute hoor tactics don't work anymore in Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Want to try living in Midleton. 10 Kms from the refinery, and it only just gone down to 1.45/l for diesel. Was €1.49 for the last 6 months....Exactly the same prices in all 4 garages.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

whiterebel wrote: »
    Want to try living in Midleton. 10 Kms from the refinery, and it only just gone down to 1.45/l for diesel. Was €1.49 for the last 6 months....Exactly the same prices in all 4 garages.......:rolleyes:

The one by the roundabout used to have ques it was so cheap.

I'm filling at 136.9 for diesel at the mo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Topaz in swords is still over 1.50 for petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

There seems to be cartels operating in certain parts of the country.

Who ya gonna call....GHOST BUSTERS!!!!

NEEE NAW NEEE NAW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Nearest station to me is a Esso in Tullamore, diesel at 135.9 this evening. Schweet.

Stheno wrote: »
    Topaz in swords is still over 1.50 for petrol

Is that near the airport? Lots of rental cars pulling in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,068 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

As an expat visiting home, the cost of petrol astounds me, i usually pay about a tenner to fill up the tank of a Hummer :):)

But what i can't understand is that when oil was $150 a barrel, fuel here was 1.15E, now oil is circa $80, but the cost is 1.50E. Is this really due to fluctuations in the $/E rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

smurfjed wrote: »
    As an expat visiting home, the cost of petrol astounds me, i usually pay about a tenner to fill up the tank of a Hummer :):)

But what i can't understand is that when oil was $150 a barrel, fuel here was 1.15E, now oil is circa $80, but the cost is 1.50E. Is this really due to fluctuations in the $/E rate?

Biggest difference is extra taxes. About 25c added in tax

It's an old Irish tradition called ripping each other off.
    The logic is that if everything is at least 20% more here, we're all 20% better off.

Gulp. I hope its alright. Seemed like a very professional setup but I guess you never can tell

• Advertisement

It is expensive but it'd be closer to the average international price compared to the US. The US is exceptionally cheap, bettered only by some oil rich States in the middle east (calculated guess).

Also, despite what many people will say, the "need" for a large powerful car is less in a wee Island like ours compared to the vastness that is North America and everything that goes with it. You'd have a hard time driving a Hummer around Dublin or Cork and parking it etc. It just wouldn't be practical. In the States it would look right at home (I presume that's where you're based :))

Advertisement