Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

its dropped significantly over the past week.. pre 2012 prices in some cases, hmmmmmm whats going on???

http://www.pumps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Slight dip in oil prices and a pretty big slide in the value of the US dollar, with the government shut down.

And we're heading into winter, where petrol prices will be a little more resilient with the increase in demand for diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Prices around Wexford are averaging 8 - 10c per litre more expensive than the cheapest in Urlingford.One place is still 163.9 for petrol:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭Top Dog

fryup wrote: »
    its dropped significantly over the past week.. pre 2012 prices in some cases, hmmmmmm whats going on???
    The calm before the inevitable hike in the next budget :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

Heads UP
    Unless world war 3 breaks out in 2014 expect price of oil to drop below $80 a barrel due to massive oil over supply and sagging demand from lack of world economic demand which should over time reduce the price of petrol and diesel a tad in IRL

derry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

derry wrote: »
    Heads UP
    Unless world war 3 breaks out in 2014 expect price of oil to drop below $80 a barrel due to massive oil over supply and sagging demand from lack of world economic demand which should over time reduce the price of petrol and diesel a tad in IRL

derry

They have been saying that for the past two years on the likes of Blomberg, Cnbc, and a lot of the big investment companies have predicted it to happen as well.

Two years on, and the oil price crash has yet to happen.
    Despite them always saying that it will happen very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Oil Drops....

......Irish prices stay the same.

Facts of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,301 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Oil Drops....

......Irish prices stay the same.

Facts of life.

They're incredibly reluctant to drop prices at all, I remember a guy in Navan refused to drop his prices below 165 even though all around town was 158.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Vicxas wrote: »
    They're incredibly reluctant to drop prices at all, I remember a guy in Navan refused to drop his prices below 165 even though all around town was 158.

If he's getting people in and filling up at 165, fair fecks to him.
    If people stopped going to him for a few days, you'd soon start to see the price fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Oil Drops..........Irish prices stay the same. Facts of life.

The rip-off Republic is still alive and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Slightly off topic but I was looking on Google Street view yesterday and came across my local Topaz. The fuel prices were at €0.99 for unleaded. Ah the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Prices aren't too bad around my parts tbh these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

Strituck wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but I was looking on Google Street view yesterday and came across my local Topaz. The fuel prices were at €0.99 for unleaded. Ah the good old days.

A good chunk of tax has been put on since then. Think its at least 20c per litre and may even be higher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I'm over in the UK for the week and noticed that the price of Diesel here is 6p higher than Petrol in most stations. Seen petrol for 130.9 and Diesel for 136.9 in a Shell this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The way it mostly works is that the government will spend years promoting diesel and everyone buys a diesel car. Then they suddenly "notice" what a horrible, dirty fuel it is and tax the bejaysus out of it, to show how green they are. The fact that the government doesn't care one jot about the people and this is just a cynical cash-gathering exercise has nothing to do with it, of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Diesel has always been more expensive in the UK.
    I saw Petrol for 151.9 and Diesel for 144.9 at a maxol in waterford a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Best I've seen are:

1.47 down by east wall.

1.48 in TOP on Amiens St.

Not sure of the quality of fuel though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I usually find the Maxol in Harolds Cross to be the cheapest anywhere around the Dublin 6 area. The Esso in Rathmines is usually competitive enough as well

Fingal area is almost always cheapest at Texaco of Coolquay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Strituck wrote: »

I think if fuel prices dropped to same level we'd still be at 1.20 -1.26 over tax added since.

Horrible thought that we'll never see below a euro fuel again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭moxin

Filled up tank of petrol at 1.49, Old Swords Rd last night. Its been a long while since petrol dipped below 1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Petrol is at around 1.59 in most places in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Two stations in Tullamore are 148 petrol

moxin wrote: »
    Filled up tank of petrol at 1.49, Old Swords Rd last night.

That's not bad. Where abouts was that mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭logie101

Tesco at Clarehall Malahide I think is €1.48. I had a 0.10 cent per litre off voucher.

So €1.38 is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

MadYaker wrote: »
    Petrol is at around 1.59 in most places in Galway.

Station on old N6 near Oranmore was 1.49 this morning. I think it is called Estuary according to google maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭jprboy

143.8 for petrol in Urlingford yesterday evening (Applegreen)
    141.8 for diesel

Advertisement