Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

fuel doesn't seem to be coming down as quick as it should be? Bet if it was going up it would soon be passed on at the pumps?

See its on the rise again as soon as oil goes up. Thought we had a 6 week gap between barrels going up and the price at pumps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

So is that it? Back up to 1.70 again now soon?

ottostreet wrote: »
    So is that it? Back up to 1.70 again now soon?
    pumps just gone up here by 2c. 1.56 diesel, 1.64 petrol. Didn't think that oil was that high now. I'm sure oil isn't the same price now as when pump price was this high. This is what it peaked at here before it came down to 1.49 diesel 1.59 petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Joe 90

snaps wrote: »
    pumps just gone up here by 2c. 1.56 diesel, 1.64 petrol. Didn't think that oil was that high now. I'm sure oil isn't the same price now as when pump price was this high. This is what it peaked at here before it came down to 1.49 diesel 1.59 petrol
    Don't forget that oil is price in dollars. You need to factor in the exchange rate between the dollar and your local currency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Just back from lanzarote ....

Fuel prices-

Unleaded...€1.15/ltr

Diesel...€1.10/ltr

Prices differ from garage to garage..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Euro has taken a savage knock against the doller, 1 euro gets you 1.19.
    So we are goingto get badly hit soon at the pumps, if the government cared they could knock the carbon tax for the rest of the year and still make a killing on Vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

See its on the rise again as soon as oil goes up. Thought we had a 6 week gap between barrels going up and the price at pumps?
    More like a 6 week gap between barrels going down, and us seeing any reduction at the pump. The increase seems to be almost instantaneous in comparison :mad::eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm just back from Estonia, petrol and diesel are both the exact same price at €1.25

Some difference.

Some difference.

Great wages over there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

RoverJames wrote: »
    Great wages over there too.

Wages have nothing to do with it. Look at Croatia, the petrol price is more or less the exact same as it is here but their wages are far, far lower.

Wages have nothing to do with it........

That's true.

However in the case of Estonia I reckon unleaded and diesel is less affordable than here. No doubt Croatia too as you mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

€1.37 for Unleaded
    €1.34 for Diesel
    €0.64 for LPG

Phresh prices from Pooland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was in Greece in May and hired a car, Unleaded was 1.75/litre!!!!

Been to Greece every year for the last 5 years and it's always 5/10cents more expensive there than here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Hay_man

Am I being optimistic here but will we ever see petrol around the €1.30 / €1.40 mark again ?:(

Which is still to high in IMO :mad:

Can only the imagine the budget coming in again the government slapping another 5 cent litre onto the current price is it at :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Sobanek wrote: »
    €1.37 for Unleaded
    €1.34 for Diesel
    €0.64 for LPG

Phresh prices from Pooland.

Not too different to here when you take out the crusty carbon tax introduced by the late Green Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Hay_man wrote: »
    Am I being optimistic here but will we ever see petrol around the €1.30 / €1.40 mark again ?:(

Which is still to high in IMO :mad:

Can only the imagine the budget coming in again the government slapping another 5 cent litre onto the current price is it at :(

The euro falling in value against most other currencies (especially the US dollar) is certainly not helping.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fuel is cheap at the mo.. up mayo way,

i wonder why hmmmmm

http://www.pumps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

fryup wrote: »

i wonder why hmmmmm

Because oil prices went down.

i wouldnt say its cheap, but it has come down a wee bit yes, saw diesel today for 146.9 today around castlebar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

i wonder why hmmmmm

Passed both of those stations today - actually I didn't pass the one in Foxford, stopped to fill up. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Filled for 1.42.9 in a reputable Dublin Texaco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

i wonder why hmmmmm

Not for the reason you're thinking. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

i wonder why hmmmmm
    CiniO wrote: »
    Because oil prices went down.

well how come its only in the mayo region..its more or less remained stagnant eleswhere in the country

well how come its only in the mayo region..its more or less remained stagnant eleswhere in the country

You seem to have a point there, but a station in dundalk seems to be selling diesel for 136.9.

Check out pumps.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

You seem to have a point there, but a station in dundalk seems to be selling diesel for 136.9.

Check out pumps.ie

That's because Dundalk is riddled with washed Diesel.

Mainly down to the fact that most fuel laundering plants are just up the road from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Petrol has creeped from 153.9 to 159.9 again over the last few weeks.

Sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

according to that site there is a place in athlone selling petrol for 1.52

fuel is on the up again, but why??

greedy garage owners taking advantage of the tourist season??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭allinthehead

fuel is on the up again, but why??

greedy garage owners taking advantage of the tourist season??

1.64 here in east cork. prices always rise with good weather. more demand. don't forget without various taxes fuel would be around 70 cent a litre and about 23 cent has been added with carbon taxes etc since 2008 so not sure the garages are to blame for high fuel costs

☀️ 10.75kwp.

⚡️5kw SunSynk, 5.95kwp SE, 3.2kwp SE, .8kwp NW, .8kwp SW. 15kwh SunSynk BYD Battery.⚡️

Advertisement