Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Rozabeez

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Still shocked at the news. Can't believe she's gone. Rest In Peace Roz xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

So sad. RIP :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

So sorry to hear this terrible news. I don't think I've ever interacted with Rozabeez but knew her name from around.

I had a look on fb there and I see she was friends with Jizzlord. I hope they're together and he's taking good care of her.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I never met her in person but had many conversations with her through boards.

I'm absolutely gutted :(

RIP Ros, miss you lots x :(:(:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Heartbreaking, and horrible news to read.

May she forever Rest in Peace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

R.I.P :(

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Shocked to the core.

I'm glad I've been honoured with the memories of the many times we met, chatted and had many's a laugh. The world is a darker place without her, but the skies a brighter blue.

Sleep well sweetheart... you might be out of sight.. but never out of mind.

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I had the honour of meeting Roisin a few times at different beers. She was warm and inviting. The first time I meet her was at a Noc beers I think, and after a few minutes it was like we were mates for years, bold as anything and always ready for a laugh. She seemed a lot wiser for someone so young.

My sincere condolences to her family and friends, we all share in your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Oh wow, so very young! That's very tragic, my heart goes out to her poor family and friends.

So very unfair, to all who knew and loved her my most heart felt condolences x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Forgot to mention how much I admired her for leaving Ireland. She did what she had to do to gain experience and I have no doubt that it would have paid off for her eventually with an excellent job back here. She put most of us who have recently graduated from college to shame through her sheer determination to succeed. How unfair that after all the bravery and effort she showed, her life was cut short. Life is just senseless at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

I didn't know Roza personally but saw her posts. So shocking and very upsetting.
    Insect your poem is beautiful, I welled up, she obviously meant a lot to you.
    One positive I take from this thread is the enormous sense of community on Boards, I am amazed by the heartfelt posts. Have been going through my own shít lately and boards has been my refuge and support. Great to see it across the board :)

RIP Roisin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Karamoja

So sorry to hear this terrible news. I don't think I've ever interacted with Rozabeez but knew her name from around.

I had a look on fb there and I see she was friends with Jizzlord. I hope they're together and he's taking good care of her.

RIP

Is Jizzlord dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Karamoja wrote: »
    Is Jizzlord dead?
    Yes, Colm passed away in Australia last year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Basq wrote: »
    Yes, Colm passed away in Australia last year.

No, you've mixed him up with Eirebhoy.

Colm passed away here.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Silverfish wrote: »
    No, you've mixed him up with Eirebhoy.

Colm passed away here.
    Sorry yeah.. just realised that after I posted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,040 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No way, RIP Roza.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Ah now :(
    RIP
    my sincerest condolences to all family and friends
    Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

smcgiff wrote: »
    Really sad news. She must have started on Boards when she was 14 or so. A great mod and contributor. :(

<had to check> some of her very first posts were in the Junior Cert forum. really sad

This was the first Junior Cert meet up:

jcgathering.jpg

Photo by PurpleFistMixer. Its rather unkind to me as I was eating lunch and they willingly made fun of me. :(

I was half traumatised by the thoughts of them meeting up unsupervised, but thought it best to go along to avoid issues. You think you can protect them forever, but you can't.

It was I that recommended to Cloud to make Rozabeez, PurpleFistMixer, Flashling and piste mods. He did and then we realised they had access to Sex & Sexuality. :eep:

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

RIP Roza:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

WTF? I'm in shock here, this is probably the last thing I ever expected to read on here:(

She was the first person I talked through online as a teenager, she even told me bout this place. Talked lots on msn back in the day, but only randomly bumped into her at Pearl Jam back in 2006.

R.I.P. Roz:(

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

Didn't know her, but reading the comments here she was clearly a lovely person.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Victor wrote: »
    This was the first Junior Cert meet up:

jcgathering.jpg

Photo by PurpleFistMixer. Its rather unkind to me as I was eating lunch and they willingly made fun of me. :(

I was half traumatised by the thoughts of them meeting up unsupervised, but thought it best to go along to avoid issues. You think you can protect them forever, but you can't.

It was I that recommended to Cloud to make Rozabeez, PurpleFistMixer, Flashling and piste mods. He did and then we realised they had access to Sex & Sexuality. :eep:

Wow, memories! Myself and Numina are a couple because of Roe's introduction- nor are we the only one. Her best friend is to my left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

She was so young. I met her a few times in Fibbers and she was so giddy and jolly. RIP Roisin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hey guys, I actually grew up with Roe, I can quite literally see her house from my window, if nobody objects I was thinking at some stage I could print out all the messages from everyone, I have a feeling it would give some comfort to her family.

She was an incredible lady, a wonderfully bright, witty and intelligent woman with an affinity for making anyone she encountered giggle and smile uncontrollably. She will be sorely missed by everyone who had to opportunity to meet or even talk to her, last night the world lost one of it's brightest flames.
    I don't think anyone here would have a problem with that.
    Over 250 people have already expressed their condolences. That shows how much of an impact she had here.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

might it be a good idea to have a condolences beers/meetup or something, I know there are a fair few of us here who were RL friends with her, but for the people who only kind of knew her or just liked her posts it might be an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

I think it would be nice to have a Rozabeers in remembrance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

To paraphrase an old saying:

I think we'd need a bigger boat for that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Tragic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Hey guys, I actually grew up with Roe, I can quite literally see her house from my window, if nobody objects I was thinking at some stage I could print out all the messages from everyone, I have a feeling it would give some comfort to her family.

She was an incredible lady, a wonderfully bright, witty and intelligent woman with an affinity for making anyone she encountered giggle and smile uncontrollably. She will be sorely missed by everyone who had to opportunity to meet or even talk to her, last night the world lost one of it's brightest flames.

That's a really nice idea. When my cousin died a few years back his friends printed off the long list of condolences from a football forum he was a major part of and gave them to my auntie and uncle. They really appreciate it.

Advertisement