Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Rozabeez

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

One time in a bar in Maynooth, Roe made me promise that I'd wear the most luminous and bright clothes I could find to her funeral. Never thought it would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ive been reading this thread and all the time saying that name is so familiar i actually talked a few times here on boards to her and on facebook through a mutual friend and i just checked my profile to see a conversation we had :( She was a lovely funny girl and it such a shame when people die so young, My condolences to all her family and friends and her friends here on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Read about her on the Irish Independent today, from what I read on here, she sounded a lovely person.
    RIP Roisin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭lovelymama

Just read about Roisins passing - it must be awfully hard for her family. Thinking of them at this very tough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Walterella wrote: »
    Her Mother wants people to wear colourful clothes rather than dark ones...

She also said instead of flowers if you REALLY wanted to bring something bring a balloon...or bubbles....She loved balloons and bubbles :P

Her cousin's also organised 99 red balloons to bring to the church (if allowed) which is amazing as she was obsessed with the song :')

Awww that is simply awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I didn't know her at all. I posted on the ladies lounge one day that I was feeling down and I needed cheering up. About five seconds later this really funny picture was posted on my profile. It was posted by Rozabeez

I know talk is cheap and once someone passes away the same old crap comes out of everyone's mouths, but for what it's worth, even though I never knew her, from that post on my profile I can just tell that everything that people are saying here about her being a wonderful person is 100% true and I actually feel like I missed out by not replying to that post.

That post can still be seen on my profile.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Piste wrote: »
    I can't believe this, I met her years and years ago, I must have been 14 or so and she was 15 and we got on really well, met up with her a fair bit after that and stayed in touch a lot until we sort of fell off each others radar. This is really upsetting news :(
    in this thread or another theres actually a pic of you two together with a few other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Just back from the service.

Im going to miss my friend.

RIP Roe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Pter wrote: »

RIP Roe.

Awww, that's very sad. That one sentence
    has just brought tears to my eyes.

I know I did already post in this thread, but I really do send my heartfelt sympathies to all her friends and family.

Sometimes life just sucks!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Just back too. lovely service, very emotional. She got a great send off.

I know most wont be familair with leixlip church but theres a pedestrian entrance at the bottom of the hill with a few steps. tied to the banister was 2 red balloons, lovely touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Pter wrote: »

RIP Roe.

:(

I never knew Roisin, but I've read enough on this thread to know she was a star.

Life is so cruel sometimes.

RIP

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

The red balloons at the pedestrian entrance was just lovely. And the sun was beaming for this wonderful lady!

What a fab service and all I can say is fair balls to her sister. She was fantastic saying her few words.

May she rest in peace now. And like I've said before.. she is out of sight, but most certainly not out of mind!

Sleep well sweetheart..

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Her sister was amazing - so brave and touching. My husband I have always been proud to count her and her partner among our friends, but their strength and poise these last few days have been inspirational.

The overwhelming message in the service was live life to the full and "pay it forward". I honestly came out wanting to be a better and more loving person.

RIP xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

She got a lovely send off. The singing was beautiful and Cara did her so proud. RIP Roe x

99 Red Balloons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Clare Bear wrote: »
    She got a lovely send off. The singing was beautiful and Cara did her so proud. RIP Roe x

99 Red Balloons :)

That's lovely

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I was raging I couldnt get out there this morning...the one time the bus comes early and I missed it :( This was important:(

Sounds like she had a lovely send off, with family and friends closeby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I'm really going to miss her :(

The hardest part was walking up to the alter to receive communion and seeing the coffin there. It just hit me again that I really miss her, her laughs and banter.
    Cara's readings from Roes diary and notes was very special and I have to thank her for sharing them with us.
    It was a very packed service and testament to how wonderfull Roe was. The priest was very true and saying that although Roe was taken from us at a young age, she lived her life to the fullest and that we should all do the same.
    Pter, thanks again to the lady you were with for handing me a tissue. It was badly needed at the start :(:(

<3 Roe. See you again someday for those drinks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Some family friends have set up an account if people would like to donate towards costs. anything extra will go to an orphanage close to roe's heart. her sister has given me permission to post details. are the ah mods ok with that?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Whispered wrote: »
    Some family friends have set up an account if people would like to donate towards costs. anything extra will go to an orphanage close to roe's heart. her sister has given me permission to post details. are the ah mods ok with that?

Go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

The service today was so poignant but so celebratory of an amazing young woman, in a funny kind of way I think Roe would have enjoyed it :)

It was so lovely to see so many faces that I recognised as boardsies, the people who begrudge the internet can fark off tbh - it's a true community and today we said goodbye to one of our own and it was lovely.

Clare Bare, that's a lovely photo, thank you for sharing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

g'em wrote: »
    The service today was so poignant but so celebratory of an amazing young woman, in a funny kind of way I think Roe would have enjoyed it :)

It was so lovely to see so many faces that I recognised as boardsies, the people who begrudge the internet can fark off tbh - it's a true community and today we said goodbye to one of our own and it was lovely.

Clare Bare, that's a lovely photo, thank you for sharing it.

Did someone say something to yis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Jebus no, I just mean folk in general who say silly things about the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ended up being there myself today. I missed the earlier train so I ended up showing up when most people were already inside, so I just sat amongst strangers.

It was just such a beautiful service. I could see a lot of people from NUI Maynooth that we both would've known or at least were mutual acquaintances. I wasn't the only one who went alone, noticed a lot of people getting back on the bus after the service sitting alone.

Roe really did touch a lot of people and you could see that today. Her sister was amazing giving her speech at the end, it was just really special.

Have to say, as funerals go, that was certainly one I'll never forget and all for good reason :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I didn't know her at all, but I've just read every single post and I am in tears here - what a tragedy for her mum and dad and brothers and sister. My God, who knows how any of our lives will turn out?
    I just wanted to add my condolences to the family - I hope they read these wonderful messages about their sister/daughter some day and that they bring them the tiniest bit of comfort. The death of someone so young is something we all lament - it seems she was a joy and so loved.
    May she rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

i diden't know her well but may she
    REST IN PEACE condolances to all her familey and friends

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Today was really bloody sad but lovely too, Roe's sister spoke so beautifully, and her niece was amazing.
    It was a lovely ceremony, really lovely.
    Roe we're going to miss you so much honey xxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Go for it.

A/C no: 19180480 sort code: 99 06 03 and the branch is Permanent TSB Maynooth. A/C name: J Marken, A Dockery, C O'Brien (Roisin Burke Benefit Fund) Branch is in Phibsboro. (correction, not Maynooth apparently)

This is from Facebook, just saw it was permitted but not posted yet, hope that's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Got a bit knocked for six there only a few minutes ago when I was sorting through some old photos and found photos of a college society day out back in April '08 that she went on. I couldn't make it this morning as I was over in London but it really sounds like a service that did her justice :)

Imithe ach i gcuimhne fós

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    Ended up being there myself today. I missed the earlier train so I ended up showing up when most people were already inside, so I just sat amongst strangers.
    They were just friends to whom you had not been introduced.

Even though I did not know Róisín, either personally or via Boards, I am saddened to hear of her passing. My sincere condolences to her mother, her family, and friends. Be strong for her.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement