Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Rozabeez

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Very sad news, my thoughts are with her family and friends. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭deepsouthtalla

So Sad to hear, only 21 thats way to young, anyways RIP my thoughts and prayers are with the family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Roe was an amazing girl.
    So happy and full of fun.
    She will be missed by all who knew her and all who were yet to meet her.

Love x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Very sad, I did not know her but its clear she touched many peoples hearts and the world was a better place when she was here.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

RIP Roe x

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

RIP Roe

Rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I didnt know her on boards but jaysus 21 years yrs old, R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

So shocked to hear this news, its heartbreaking :(

RIP xxx

Too young to die :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I do hope that reading these messages gives even a small amount of comfort to Ro's family and friends, this news has touched an awful lot of people and the boards community is mourning one of the brightest, most spirited members it has ever had.

The thing about Ro is that once you met her, you could never possibly forget her :) Her sense of adventure and fun was infectious to the core, and you couldn't help but think "I wish I was more like her" when you saw her in full swing as the life and soul of the party at beers nights, or heard how much she loved those close to her, or how brave she was to move half way around the world to work in a country where she hadn't a word of the local language. These kinds of things didn't phase her though, she not only took it in her stride but embraced it and plonked herself right in the middle of it, making the most of every second she had.

She was a truly unique and wonderful woman, and she will be missed very, very dearly.

selamat tinggal gila wanita xxx

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

My heart goes out to her poor parents.
    Loosing such a young child is a devastating, tragic loss that must be impossible to cope with.
    I remember threatening to throw her out of the pub at a boards beers as she was underage at the time. She just laughed at me.
    My sympathy and condolences to her family.
    R.I.P.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

This is a tragedy. I am in shock and utter disbelief that you are gone Roz my lovely.

You had too much energy, too much heart and soul for it to be just gone. You were so vibrant, most definitely a little bit touched in the head but in the best possible way and your antics used make me howl with laughter. You were so determined, you worked so hard, you cared so much for everyone in your life and you did it all with a giggle.

I can't believe I'm using the past tense to speak of you, it just doesn't sit right.

The world will be a sadder place for your passing. I am so sad. I am so, so sad. I can't believe that you will not come home from your big adventure and that we will not have another opportunity to sink strawberry daiquiris and screech with laughter about willies, and that I will not get the chance to give you a big hug. We were all so proud of you for going away and for giving it your everything, so proud flower.

I am so sad, I am just so sad.

With all my love, rest in peace my gorgeous girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I'll never forget the couple of days she traveled from Leixlip to Galway just to get drunk with me. We met up with Jizzlord then too (he also died tragically last year, in his sleep) and went to Sally Longs.

She had an amazing personality and I'm so glad I got to talk to her last week. Little did I know that would be our last conversation. I wish I had have said more.

RIP Roe. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Called home too soon :( RIP Mrs X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Really sad news. She must have started on Boards when she was 14 or so. A great mod and contributor. :(

<had to check> some of her very first posts were in the Junior Cert forum. really sad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Hadn't seen her in a few years but had some fun times together. She was so spontaneous and managed to talk me into buying an Aerosmith ticket on the day of the concert.

I'm failing at saying anything particularly poetic but I had some great times with her in the summer of 2007 and feel very lucky to have experienced those with her. Her spontaneity and sense of fun rubbed off on anyone who was around her.

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

21 way too young :( R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

R.I.P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

smcgiff wrote: »
    Really sad news. She must have started on Boards when she was 14 or so. A great mod and contributor. :(

She grew up on the site and found people here who she could talk to about things others around her just didn't get. She found acceptance and encouragement and did her best to pass that on to the next generation of boards teens who use the forums she modded over the years. She loved this place and many of us loved her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Horrible, shocking news. Another boards family member passes too soon. Never knew her in person, but that's true for almost 99.9% of people on here. But from the times we conversed she truly was one of the nicest, genuine, helpful people I've ever encountered. A sad sad day when someone so young and full of life passes away. RIP to her and condolences to her family, friends and anyone who has had the pleasure of meeting Roz.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Rest in Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A very sad day :'(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd met her a good few times, funny stories keep popping up in my head.

The first time we met I think I'd gotten glitter in my hair somehow and she was determined to remove it via a box of baby wipes which she attacked me with through out the course of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Always a sad day when we lose a member of the community, may she rest in peace.

I didn't know her but as I saw from her last post she seemed to have a great sense of humor :)

RIP:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Always terrible to hear of the death of someone so young. I don't know whether to feel sad that she died such a long way from home, or relieved (right word?) to know she was out there happy and living her life.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

First met her at a noc beers. Was only talking to her for a little while but remember giggling alot. :) Next day she added me on FB. Her posts from Indonesia were full of the joy of life. RIP Roz, God Bless. XX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus I have to say I've just gotten an awful shock. Roz was an ever-present in a couple of forums when I started to use Boards a lot. Had a lot of time for the girl. I didn't know her in real life but I can't imagine she was any different to her Boards personality.

The way I'd describe her is "always up". When others were having a crappy day, she'd come and just buzz the place into life. I don't know if I'm the only one who thought it but her username always put me in mind of that: buzzing around the place.

Haven't frequented the same forums that much the past year or so so I only now realise I hadn't seen her around here. This has come as a terrible shock and I want to extend my heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. It seems Boards was a very big part of her but she was a very big part of Boards.

Rest in peace Roz. Too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I still can't get my head around it, within minutes of being in her company she'd be chatting like she'd known you forever, such a great personality and warm loving girl. Sorely missed. RIP Beez xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

just wondering if anyway to pass this thread so her friends and family may see it and may get comfort from knowing roz touched so many peoples lives..

please excuse if this seems inappropiate suggestion at this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

It's really unbelievable. We went out for 6 months, that ended almost exactly 2 years ago but we remained good friends since.
    One memory that keeps popping up is something she told me she did on a night out in Indonesia about a month ago.
    She somehow got a balloon while in a pub, and went around telling people her boyfriend wanted her to take care of it to see if she could be trusted to Have a baby.
    She told one girl about this in the bathroom, then took her pen, burst the balloon and started crying 'you killed my baby!!!'

That sums up Roe's personality to me.
    Mad as a box of hamsters.

Advertisement