Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Rozabeez

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Terry wrote: »
    I don't think anyone here would have a problem with that.
    Over 250 people have already expressed their condolences. That shows how much of an impact she had here.
    And some others found their way to the NUIM forum as well ... though given the time of year, thread is much quieter than it would be otherwise, as many who would have known Roe are finished up and scattered for the summer.

Like many others, I suspect (and many here knew her far better than I), I'm still struggling to grasp that she's actually gone, and that she won't be arriving home from Jakarta and popping up on chat at 4 in the morning to tell me the funny bits from her night out (and there were *always* funny bits, especially when she was telling the story!)

My sincerest sympathies to her mother, family and indeed to all those whose lives she brightened in so many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

RIP girl, gone too soon :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Deepest sympathy to all her knew her.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

And some others found their way to the NUIM forum as well ... though given the time of year, thread is much quieter than it would be otherwise, as many who would have known Roe are finished up and scattered for the summer.

Like many others, I suspect (and many here knew her far better than I), I'm still struggling to grasp that she's actually gone, and that she won't be arriving home from Jakarta and popping up on chat at 4 in the morning to tell me the funny bits from her night out (and there were *always* funny bits, especially when she was telling the story!)

My sincerest sympathies to her mother, family and indeed to all those whose lives she brightened in so many ways.
    I've send a PM to alancostelloe in case he doesn't see these posts.

Hopefully her family get to see how much she meant to so many people, even if they never met in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

RIP Roisin

Sincere sympathy to Roisin's family and to her many friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

RIP Roisin,

My condolences to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Sad news.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭boscoroxx

Roe was my best friend, and I have to say, I'm so touched to read all the messages. It's comforting to know that this ray of sunshine touched so many people in so many different ways.

She is sorely missed, and will be forever in my heart.

I like most people was expecting to see her much sooner and in much happier circumstances, but our plans will just be postponed til our paths cross again.

She was truly one in a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Very sad news, I didn't know her but it's always sad to see someone with so much life pass away like this. My condolences are with her family, must be absolutely heartbreaking and hopefully they'll come through it.

RIP Roisin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Only found out this morning and this is the first chance I've got to be on Boards to express my sympathy.

Spent the entire day trying to get my head round it but simply can't. Every little thing I did today just kept thinking Roe won't be able to do this ever again....just seems insane and unreal :(

Knew her from around the Noc forum and then finally met her last year for my very first beers. She had offered to meet me beforehand and walk in with me, she was just lovely and caring like that.

Sooooo friggin bubbly, happy, constantly smiling and joking the whole night! :) Made me feel very welcomed, she made everybody feel like that!

Spoke to her on Facebook while she was over there mostly discussing how there would have to be a big beers when she would return, any excuse for some alcohol and fun :pac:

Thoughts are with all her family and friends :(

R.I.P Roe xx

Does anybody have any idea of the name of her friend in intensive care and if that friends name might be Fiona??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

RIP. What a tragedy - only 21 years of age. Shocking.:(

I didn't know Rozabeez well as a poster on boards but I do recall a couple of her posts on AH.

May she rest in peace.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Such a shock, never sure what to say in these situations. She was highly regarded by everyone involved with running the site and it fitting it plays this role in saying goodbye.

RIP.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

Really awful news, R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Walterella

I also considered Roe as one of my best friends, if not THE best friend that I had.

I have been reading all the lovely posts people have written up about her and it brings warmth to my heart along with tears to my eyes to see (even though I knew already) how many lives she has touched, and I know her family would be so happy and proud of that.

Roe knew how to get out of any bad situation and how to turn your frown upside down. She was always up for going out, whether she was sick or not, especially last minute. She also knew how to convince everyone to go out. She would brighten up any room within seconds! The majority of my best memories are with her.

She made me join Boards ages ago after a kareoke night in the merc I think it was? But I got shy and never posted. I just want to post now to thank you all for the kind words you said about her, it really helped so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Also a neighbour of Roisins and her family, can see the house from mine. Obviously shocked by the news but im also suprised as I didnt even know she was on boards, and clearly she was adored.

Would know her older sister that bit better.I wish I had known Roisin better reading this thread.

Last time I spoke to her was a while ago, I was out in Leixlip and she ran up to me in the pub, and said "lets do tequila, we're neighbours!" I thought she was mental but great fun.

God rest her, so sad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Walterella wrote: »
    She made me join Boards ages ago after a kareoke night in the merc I think it was? But I got shy and never posted. I just want to post now to thank you all for the kind words you said about her, it really helped so much.
    I remember her chivying you into the Lair and warning us all that there was a n00b about, and we trying to coax you with promises of puppies!! :)

df1985 wrote: »
    Last time I spoke to her was a while ago, I was out in Leixlip and she ran up to me in the pub, and said "lets do tequila, we're neighbours!" I thought she was mental but great fun.

I remember her telling me something about this the day after, we had such a good laugh the next day when she was telling me about it. She was so embarrassed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

The amount of thanks in the OP says it all, RIP Rozabeez :(

I remember her chivying you into the Lair and warning us all that there was a n00b about, and we trying to coax you with promises of puppies!! :)

Haha she is what scared me away as she told me you were all going to bully me...When she bullied me all the time anyway! Haha so many brilliant memories that will be kept in my heart forever <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Walterella wrote: »
    I remember her telling me something about this the day after, we had such a good laugh the next day when she was telling me about it. She was so embarrassed!

haha god love her, i remember I was sat down having a quiet pint and she came over. Ill have that shot for her this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Didnt know her at all but have read this entire thread and now I feel like I do kinda know her! She sounds like an amazing person. It's so sad:( Only the good die young...

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Can I ask that when people know the details of her removal, burrial and service that they post it in this thread? I'm sure people who posted in here would like to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

[-0-] wrote: »
    Can I ask that when people know the details of her removal, burrial and service that they post it in this thread? I'm sure people who posted in here would like to attend.

There aren't any arrangements yet, it will take a while for her body to be shipped home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I can post up the name of the church (well almost definite location, parish church) if people want to familiarise themselves with its lcoation on google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

This still doesn't seem quite real. I just can't believe she's gone.

Her zest for life inspired me. She had the biggest personality out of everyone I know. I remember how she made me feel so welcome at the very first beers I attended as a boardsie. She was the one person who stood out in my mind from that night. Ever since then I looked forward to meeting her at beers.

One of my favourite moments was a particular Nocturnal beers where a fair few of us ended up in the Czech Inn. Roz wanted to do shots. A few decided to do tequila. They were given cinnamon instead of salt. There was no way I was doing that. Roz decided that the two of us would do something else. We looked behind the bar and saw a bottle with a picture of a peach on it which looked very appealing. We knocked them back and by god, it was the most potent drink either of us had ever tasted. We both looked at each other and thought lets never do that again. Roz nicknamed it "the peach of death". We joked many a time about it.

The same night, as we were sipping our long islands, we got talking about a fellow noct who wasn't in attendance at the beers. Roz decided we would pretend he was there and that he was sitting beside us. Every now and then, as someone would walk by, Roz would inform them "make sure not to step on X".

Gonna miss her terribly. The world's a lesser place for not having her in it. RIP Roz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I never knew Rozabeez and it seems like I really missed out. From the number of lovely threads and posts she seemed like a really special gem of a person.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Condolences to her family and friends. A life taken far too young.

Has her friend recovered yet? Some early posts in the thread said she was in intensive care.

RIP

Very sad thoughts are with her family and friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

trowelled wrote: »
    Her zest for life inspired me. She had the biggest personality out of everyone I know. I remember how she made me feel so welcome at the very first beers I attended as a boardsie.

That sums up Roe for me.

Roe was old school Boards.ie, I remember going to beers with her over six years ago. I remember the first time we met as Lubnip (yarrr!) she convinced everyone I was Fuzzy (I think, that or Sarky!) and nobody knew otherwise for months :D I remember we were at some beers at a hotel in Smithfield and we somehow broke the button panel for one of the elevators >_>

I'll miss that. I'll miss talking to her on MSN and IRC back then. I have my memories and she has hers, I won't forget and neither will Roe <3

Advertisement