Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P. Rozabeez

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's still doesn't compute for me 24 hours later. If anyone should have seen 90+ it should have been her. Sad. Very sad.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

I didn't know her, and I don't mean to be an interloper but I did want to offer my respects and say that my thoughts are with her family and friends, and those who knew her on boards. RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭The Left Hand Of God

R.I.P lass.

I remember when you had a colourful avatar.

I hope your new journey is as joyful as the one you had so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

She loved the song 99 red baloons. A crowd of people she knew in Indonesia have released red baloons for her, it's written on her facebook. I think that is just such a beautiful gesture she would love, and maybe boardsies who haven't seen that on facebook would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Yeah saw that too and have heard people talking about her and this song since it happened. Forever going to think of her when I hear it.

Think alot of folks are getting the song played in places they are in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I still find this impossible to believe. It's just so painful to think of. She was so young, so vibrant, so very special. It doesn't seem right.

RIP Roisín. Ní bheidh a leithéid ann arís xx

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

She loved the song 99 red baloons. A crowd of people she knew in Indonesia have released red baloons for her, it's written on her facebook. I think that is just such a beautiful gesture she would love, and maybe boardsies who haven't seen that on facebook would like to know.
    And here it is:

I'll always be reminded of her by this song though:

She had some of the lyrics of this in her sig for a couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Rip roe. x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

So this one time a bunch of us were in Roes house drinking, her mam was in the room and out of nowhere Roe, drunk, turns to her and asks "Mam, if I wasn't born would you make me out of steel?"

It was hilarious, I love that memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Walterella

My friend sent me the pictures of them sending them off, it looked beautiful, we will be doing the same over here once we know details of everything.

There was also an article about her in today's Star newspaper on page 8.

Numina wrote: »
    So this one time a bunch of us were in Roes house drinking, her mam was in the room and out of nowhere Roe, drunk, turns to her and asks "Mam, if I wasn't born would you make me out of steel?"

It was hilarious, I love that memory.

I remember this oh so well, her parties were amazing, so many good memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

http://omg.wthax.org//Roe.jpg

Article in paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Just seen the thread now :/

Didnt know her, never had any interactions, but because im here for the last 5 odd years i would have known of her.

Didnt think she was so young. Horribly sad, and such an unimaginable way to have your life taken :/

Very sad news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Even though I never met or had a conversation with her, it is terribly sad to hear and see what has happened. 21 is way to young for anyone to lose their life. I wish her family and her pals in both RL and here my deepest sympathies.

R.I.P Rozabeez, you will be sadly missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

RIP Roe

Same article as Sharrow from The Star today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

trowelled wrote: »
    One of my favourite moments was a particular Nocturnal beers where a fair few of us ended up in the Czech Inn. Roz wanted to do shots. A few decided to do tequila. They were given cinnamon instead of salt. There was no way I was doing that. Roz decided that the two of us would do something else. We looked behind the bar and saw a bottle with a picture of a peach on it which looked very appealing. We knocked them back and by god, it was the most potent drink either of us had ever tasted. We both looked at each other and thought lets never do that again. Roz nicknamed it "the peach of death". We joked many a time about it.
    Sounds like slivovice, a Czech brandy.

RIP Rozabeez. Sound like a very popular person judging by the previous comments.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

RIP Rozabeez

I never met her in real life, but reading this thread, I wish I had.
    My condolences to her friends and family.

"The greater the love, the deeper the loss"

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

R.I.P.
    Clearly a much loved lady who was taken too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,208 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Pearl Jam just isnt the same right now.

Can I just ask those who have any pictures of Roe to PM me? It's just her Mam asked me to gather up all the pictures I can of her, any good/bad/embarrassing ones. Once you PM me I will give you details of where to send them. I would really appreciate it thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Walterella wrote: »
    Can I just ask those who have any pictures of Roe to PM me? It's just her Mam asked me to gather up all the pictures I can of her, any good/bad/embarrassing ones. Once you PM me I will give you details of where to send them. I would really appreciate it thank you.

Can't help you there but thought i'd bounce this for you as being a bank hold it might get missed by folk.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Unfortunately when I heard about this I was about 8 hours away from getting on a flight to the US for 3 weeks. That was over a week ago, and I still haven't really gotten my head around it, or even figured out what to say about Roe that might do her justice, but I don't think there is a way...

Roe was more than just a friend to me, she was like a big sister. At least I know that's how she thought of it. A few years back, she was always there when I needed cheering up, and when I didn't. I'm fairly sure it was The Cuckoos Nest (AKA. the insane forum) that I first bumped into her, but as I've the memory of a goldfish, I'm not really sure...

Thankfully I got to know her, and have some pretty enjoyable times with her too. The first concert I ever went to was with her (and friends) - Aerosmith. I got her the ticket as a birthday present, and ended up being invited along!.

The morning after, her dog tried to de-ball me... being woken up by the worlds heaviest lab pouncing on your nuts isn't an experience I'll forget, but there were plenty of jokes about that too :) That was 4 years ago...

And there were quite a few nights I got woken up by a drunken Roe on the phone...:D

I guess as she moved into college and then to Indonesia, we just lost contact - these things happen. I guess I just thought there'd be plenty of time later to catch up...

You meet a lot of people in life, most aren't memorable. Roe most certainly was, and if you got the chance to know her, you'll know there really was nobody else like her. She will be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

http://rip.ie/death_notices_detail.asp?NoticeID=136909

I need not say anymore, it's her funeral arrangements :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The funeral is this Saturday at 11 in the church of our Lady's Nativity in Leixlip.

Map. Zoomed in so those who are not familiar with it will know what it looks like (there's another one near by).

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'd imagine Roe's funeral will be packed full of people who love her. That's somewhat a testament to her personality. RIP Roe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

R.I.P :(

Her Mother wants people to wear colourful clothes rather than dark ones...

She also said instead of flowers if you REALLY wanted to bring something bring a balloon...or bubbles....She loved balloons and bubbles :P

Her cousin's also organised 99 red balloons to bring to the church (if allowed) which is amazing as she was obsessed with the song :')

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I can't believe this, I met her years and years ago, I must have been 14 or so and she was 15 and we got on really well, met up with her a fair bit after that and stayed in touch a lot until we sort of fell off each others radar. This is really upsetting news :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/popular-blogger-dies-during-holiday-2671057.html
    THE funeral will take place on Saturday of a young Irish woman who died while on holidays in south-east Asia.

Tributes were paid yesterday to Roisin Burke from Oaklawn West, Leixlip, in Kildare, whose remains have been brought back to Ireland.

The 21-year-old had been holidaying on the Gili islands off Bali when she was taken ill at the end of last month.

Ms Burke had been teaching English in Jakarta in Indonesia and had been on a break when she developed an illness.

She was known as a blogger and contributor to internet forums, where many users yesterday paid their respects.

"Roe was made up of all the best bits a person can be. She was smart and silly, funny, bright, caring. Her heart was as open as a person's could be," one contributor on Boards.ie, where she was known as 'Rosabeez', said.

Another blogger, who works in Jakarta, also paid tribute.

"To those of us who knew her, she was always the life and soul of wherever she was, encouraging people to see the fun side of things. I believe this is how she will want to be remembered," he said.

Ms Burke died on May 31. She is survived by her mother Nora, sister Cara and brothers Brian and John.

Her funeral will take place in the Church of Our Lady's Nativity in Leixlip Saturday morning at 11am followed by cremation at Newlands Cross crematorium.

Advertisement