Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nibiru........True or False??!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,231 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Talk E wrote: »
    March 11 2011 Japan
    It doesn't actually align. It gets close, but not exactly
    Feb 28th 2010 Chile
    But there was a much bigger earthquake in Chile this year, yet no alignment...

And again here, it's close, but still quite a ways off.
    Hmm NZ doesn't align, must be something wrong with my app. :o
    Or you know, with the nonsense theory...

March 11 2011 Japan
    Feb 28th 2010 Chile

Hmm NZ doesn't align, must be something wrong with my app. :o

Taking the plane upon which Earth orbits the Sun as a basis, the inclination of Comet Elenin's orbit is at 1.839 degrees. Given that, the comet can only lie on the same plane as Earth and the Sun at two points: when it intersects the plane. So, if you're being accurate, the comet can only directly align with both the Earth and the Sun at two points on its 11,690 year orbit. But, there lies a huge problem with this: at both of these points the comet may not actually be aligned with both the Earth and the Sun; it only lies on the same plane as the Earth and the Sun. I'd guess that the comet never actually directly lines up. I'm too lazy to work out the mathematics to find out the points at which it could theoretically line up.

So you can conclude two things:

1) it doesn't exactly align with the Sun and Earth,
    2) its alignments need not be direct, just vague and inaccurate.

If 1) then there's no problem. If 2) then how do you define the points at which the comet's gravitational effects on Earth cause tectonic activity? The latter options seems a little bit whimsical to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

No, but if you cant articulate something a little more constructive than "horse ****" or "feckin eegit", then don't bother because you're not doing yourself any favors.
    Nevermind the silly gravity theory this is much more plausible.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4132

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

digme wrote: »
    Nevermind the silly gravity theory this is much more plausible.

http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4132

Cheers for the back-up digme :D

Some snippets....
    If comet Elenin turns out to be bright and spectacular it will not only be interesting to observe astronomically, but also to observe the socio-psychological effects as great comets tend to bring out many repressed collective fears and memories resulting in bizarre forms of behavior.
    This could produce events like the Chicago fire, New Madrid earthquake or Tunguska.
    A highly negatively charged comet COULD effect the Sun
    Didn't the guy in the video I posted mention this ? biggrin.gif
    In the plasma medium between Earth and the Sun the free floating ions and electrons are electrically 'stimulated' or polarized by these subatomic flux tube currents which leads to the formation of electromagnetic currents.

The magnetic forces produced cause the flux tubes to twist or wind around each other into tiny filaments, and due to the fractal nature of plasma those EM currents combine into larger and larger filaments.
    If the current becomes strong enough the comet can explode or effect the sun. I believe comet fragments were responsible for the Chicago fire, Tunguska, and the New Madrid earthquake.
    Alignment ? :D
    On Sep 27 Elenin will transit between the Sun and the Earth and its ion tail will be pointed straight at us...it will also be new Moon, meaning the Sun, Elenin, Moon and Earth will be aligned(with Uranus behind Earth and Mercury and Venus out of the way on the other side of the Sun.
    Interesting thoughts... and its really weird how the alignment/earthquake thing worked out as some speculated over the Internet.
    Fair point. Alignment.
    Comets do not cause earthquakes, especially at the distances we are talking about...close by is another story.
    If there is a connection, it is through the Sun, meaning the comet´s electric field causes a response from the Sun, which affects the Earth. Let´s keep our connections straight. Electricity flows on circuits through the path of least resistance.
    If there is a major comet related disruption, the bulk of the energy would probably come from the Sun, with the comet acting as a trigger or a conductor.
    On the earthquake alignment issue if we think of the solar system as a Van de Graaf generator, and the Earth crossing a connection between the Sun and comet Elenin, I can conceive of the event triggering an earthquake in a place where it was building up...this is of course unprovable and undetectable visually, except by noticing other electrical phenomena like auroras. There would also be no way to predict the location of the earthquake.
    According to Worlds in Collision, comets cause earthquakes. The comet supposedly responsible was quite large and close. After the initial events earthquakes were very common. Things were settling out. Things might still be settling out.
    Leonid Elenin has made new observations of his comet, and determined the coma has grown to 80,000 km, this together with a close encounter with a substantial body in the asteroid belt. http://spaceobs.org/en/tag/comet-elenin/
    Sorry guys I was not suggesting his brown dwarf statement was valid. I was more interested in the alignments and the recent spate of earthquakes.
    I was wondering if a comet this far out could have an effect on the solar activity we have been seeing lately.
    Piers Corbyn of Weather Action has used these recent solar storms to predict the timing of the NZ and Japan quakes and his latest prediction for this weekend has also been spot on with a quake in the Solomon Islands and today one in Indonesia.
    As I stated on the Electric Earthquakes thread, it looks to me like Comet Elenin, according to that video, must be triggering solar flares, which in turn trigger these major earthquakes. The video showed that the quakes in Chile, New Zealand and Japan all occurred when Elenin was aligned with Earth and the Sun.
    If you subscribe to the notion that earthquakes are related to electrical stress in the Earth, then it would make sense that alignments might induce greater electrical stress than normal (just as planetary alignments probably do, but to a much lesser degree).

Some snippets....

Fair point. Alignment.

So how come the comet doesn't actually align with Earth and the Sun for any major earthquake?

• Advertisement

King Mob wrote: »
    So how come the comet doesn't actually align with Earth and the Sun for any major earthquake?

I have no idea. :)

I'll go with what this guy said, in the interest of keeping the debate going. I'll have to go and check the video he's waffling about though. :D
    As I stated on the Electric Earthquakes thread, it looks to me like Comet Elenin, according to that video, must be triggering solar flares, which in turn trigger these major earthquakes. The video showed that the quakes in Chile, New Zealand and Japan all occurred when Elenin was aligned with Earth and the Sun.

I have no idea. :)

I'll go with what this guy said, in the interest of keeping the debate going. I'll have to go and check the video he's waffling about though. :D
    But Elenin doesn't align with Earth on any of those dates.
    It's clear the guy is looking for something that simply isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I'm not saying it will or it wont cause problems in 2012 or any other date, I don't know. But if it did I wouldn't be surprised. Check it out for yourself. Recent earthquakes seem to coincide with Earth alignments with Elenin and the Sun.

NASA Elenin tracker >>>
    http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin;orb=1;cov=1;log=0;cad=1#orb

The vast increase in the importing of citrus fruits from South America by the U.S since the 1970s has coincided with a vast decrease in highway fatalities. Check it out for yourself.

Check this out. Pictures enlarge on clicking. Clearly there are no alignments on some, others are debatable.

http://spaceobs.org/en/2011/04/21/is-there-a-relationship-between-the-conjunctions-of-comet-elenin-and-earthquakes-on-earth/#comment

This questions one of more popular and I decide to make dedicate topic about this subject. Below you can see all significant earthquakes on Earth (from 7-th magnitude by Richter scale and higher), as well as relative position of Solar System planets and the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin). All data about earthquakes taken from the USGS site.
    Magnitude 7.1 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN April 07, 2011
    C2010X1-20110407-300x150.png
    Magnitude 9.0 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN March 11, 2011
    C2010X1-20110311-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.2 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN March 09, 2011
    C2010X1-20110309-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.2 SOUTHWESTERN PAKISTAN January 18, 2011
    C2010X1-20110118-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.0 LOYALTY ISLANDS January 13, 2011
    C2010X1-20110113-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.1 ARAUCANIA, CHILE January 02, 2011
    C2010X1-20110102-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.0 SANTIAGO DEL ESTERO, ARGENTINA January 01, 2011
    C2010X1-20110101-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.3 VANUATU REGION December 25, 2010
    C2010X1-20101225-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.4 BONIN ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION December 21, 2010
    C2010X1-20101221-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.7 KEPULAUAN MENTAWAI REGION, INDONESIA October 25, 2010
    C2010X1-20101025-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.2 NEAR THE SOUTH COAST OF PAPUA, INDONESIA September 29, 2010
    C2010X1-20100929-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.0 SOUTH ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND September 03, 2010
    C2010X1-20100903-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.1 ECUADOR August 12, 2010
    C2010X1-20100812-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.3 VANUATU August 10, 2010
    C2010X1-20100810-300x150.png
    Magnitude 7.0 NEW BRITAIN REGION, PAPUA NEW GUINEA August 04, 2010
    C2010X1-20100804-300x150.png

No comments, you can make own conclusions… I just want to note that on March 11 2011, to the conjunction the comet with the Earth remained 3 days. Is it large or little time interval? I think it’s difficult to judge.

No comments, you can make own conclusions… I just want to note that on March 11 2011, to the conjunction the comet with the Earth remained 3 days. Is it large or little time interval? I think it’s difficult to judge.[/CENTER]
    You understand that there are earthquakes everyday, right?

You started with the claim that the comet aligned at the same time as 3 big quakes, this has since been shown to be not true.
    You're now trying to link the comet with any earthquake.
    This is called the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_sharpshooter_fallacy

And remember you've yet to even suggest a sane reason for how a tiny comet would be causing these things while larger, closer objects are not.

• Advertisement

You understand that there are earthquakes everyday, right?

You started with the claim that the comet aligned at the same time as 3 big quakes, this has since been shown to be not true.
    You're now trying to link the comet with any earthquake.
    This is called the Texas Sharpshooter fallacy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_sharpshooter_fallacy

And remember you've yet to even suggest a sane reason for how a tiny comet would be causing these things while larger, closer objects are not.

OK, The alignment is not always supposed to be Sun Earth Elenin. These all seem to align for me, bar one or two. I dont know how accurate this app is... Try some of these dates yourself.

http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin;orb=1;cov=1;log=0;cad=1#orb

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2011/04/nasa-elenin-2011-comet-planetary.html

Elenin - Earth - Sun Feb 20 2008 Indonesia 7.4
    Elenin - Earth - Sun Feb 25 2008 Indonesia 7.2
    Elenin - Earth - Neptune May 12 2008 China 7.9
    Elenin - Earth - Sun Feb 18 2009 Kermadec Islands 7.0
    Elenin - Earth -Jupiter May 18 2009 Los Angeles, US 4.7
    Elenin - Mercury- Earth July 15 2009 New Zealand 7.8
    Elenin - Mercury - Earth Aug 09 2009 Japan 7.1
    Elenin - Sun - Earth Sept 09 2009 Sunola islands 8.1
    Elenin - Earth - Venus Feb 18 2010 China/RU/N.Korea 6.9
    Elenin - Earth-Sun Feb 25 2010 China 5.2
    Elenin - Earth-Sun Feb 26 2010 Japan 7.0
    Elenin - Earth- Sun Feb 27 2010 Chile 8.8 [Earth knocked off axis]
    Elenin - Earth- Sun Feb 27 2010 Argentina 6.3
    Elenin - Earth - Mercury Mar 04 2010 Taiwan 6.3
    Elenin - Earth - Mercury Mar 04 2010 Vanuatu 6.5
    Elenin - Earth - Mercury Mar 05 2010 Chile 6.6
    Elenin - Earth - Mercury Mar 05 2010 Indonesia 6.3
    Elenin - Earth - Mercury Mar 08 2010 Turkey 6.1
    Elenin - Earth - Neptune May 05 2010 Indonesia 6.6
    Elenin - Earth - Neptune May 06 2010 Chile 6.2
    Elenin - Earth - Neptune May 09 2010 Indonesia 7.2
    Elenin - Earth - Neptune May 14 2010 Algeria 5.2
    Elenin - Earth - Jupiter Jan 03 2011 Chile 7.0
    Elenin - Earth - Sun March 11 2011 Japan 9.0 [Earth knocked off axis]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

@ Talk E, there's an average of 1469 magnitude 5.0+ earthquakes a year. Typically, anything smaller than 6.0 is pretty minor, but that all depends on how deep the focus is.
    I'm nearly certain that this comet isn't even on the same plane as earth, so there should only be two points in which the sun, earth and comet are aligned. To claim this many earthquakes happened on days of alignment doesn't even make sense. The should only be two earthquakes if that were true, not 8.

EDIT: Has anyone even proven alignment to do anything? Apparently, if all the planets (and our own moon) in the Solar system aligned, the gravitational force would be 0.566% of the sun's. If the moon was not in alignment, that would be 0.000592% of the sun's gravitational force. Source

Elenin's nearest point to us is .23 AU; The moon's furthest point from us is 0.0027 AU. The moon's diameter is somewhere in the region of 3470km. Elenin's nucleus is 4km.
    Elenin is like a pebble in a quarry compared with our moon.

OK, The alignment is not always supposed to be Sun Earth Elenin. These all seem to align for me, bar one or two. I dont know how accurate this app is... Try some of these dates yourself.
    So now not only does the alignment not actually have to be exact, it also doesn't have to involve the sun?
    So again more Texas Sharpshooting.

Also the Earth hasn't been knocked off it's axis.
    Why do you think it has been, aside from you've just swallowed it unquestioningly from cranks, as usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Some snippets....

Fair point. Alignment.
    As i said the gravity theory can be debunked by a 10 year old.:)

So now not only does the alignment not actually have to be exact, it also doesn't have to involve the sun?
    So again more Texas Sharpshooting.

Also the Earth hasn't been knocked off it's axis.
    Why do you think it has been, aside from you've just swallowed it unquestioningly from cranks, as usual?

Eh.. didn't I say I would go along with it for debates sake ? Did I ever say I believed it ?

Dont be acting all high and mighty, I gave you that position by me taking the CT role, don't believe for a second you got the upper hand on me Mob.

Eh.. didn't I say I would go along with it for debates sake ? Did I ever say I believed it ?
    So you now believe that the theory that a comet is causing earthquakes isn't correct?
    Dont be acting all high and mighty, I gave you that position by me taking the CT role, don't believe for a second you got the upper hand on me Mob.
    Then thanks for taking a inherently silly position and defending it with bad, dishonest tactics allowing me to show just how ridiculous it is.

So you now believe that the theory that a comet is causing earthquakes isn't correct?

I nor believe it or disbelieve it.
    Then thanks for taking a inherently silly position and defending it with bad, dishonest tactics allowing me to show just how ridiculous it is.

It sometimes helps to take polar ends of a subject to get to the bottom of it. But where you are concerned it's incredibly frustrating due to your attitude.

Back to the ignore list with you.

I've a few questions for you, Talk E.

If Comet Elenin affects Earth in such a way as to result in an increase in tectonic activity, by what mechanism does it do so?

If an alignment with Earth results in high electrical activity, how do you suppose this results in higher earthquake activity?

If it affects Earth by some gravitational means, why does it only do so when it aligns with the Sun? You do know that slight perturbations in gravitational influences can be detected from Earth? Neptune was predicted to exist mathematically before it was discovered because of its influence on the orbit of Uranus. Surely if Elenin was capable of influencing earthquake activity on Earth, its affect on, say, the orbit of Mars would be obvious, let alone its affect on our own orbit or the orbit of our Moon?

People who believe in Nibiru (even if you're playing Devil's advocate) can never quantify or even qualify their claims in a scientific context. I'd like to see some attempts to explain the mechanism by which it influences tectonic activity on Earth.

I nor believe it or disbelieve it.
    In other words, you're ignoring the myriad of problems with the theory that you can't address as well as the dishonest claims made by the people positing the theory.

It sometimes helps to take polar ends of a subject to get to the bottom of it. But where you are concerned it's incredibly frustrating due to your attitude.

Back to the ignore list with you.
    So again bravely ignoring points you don't like hearing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If you know that something is completely false, why would you argue it's case? I know that the earth isn't flat, yet I don't try to argue otherwise. If something is completely irrational, and it's been thoroughly debunked, continuing it's argument is a pointless exercise.

• Advertisement

gvn wrote: »

If Comet Elenin affects Earth in such a way as to result in an increase in tectonic activity, by what mechanism does it do so?

If an alignment with Earth results in high electrical activity, how do you suppose this results in higher earthquake activity?

If it affects Earth by some gravitational means, why does it only do so when it aligns with the Sun? You do know that slight perturbations in gravitational influences can be detected from Earth? Neptune was predicted to exist mathematically before it was discovered because of its influence on the orbit of Uranus. Surely if Elenin was capable of influencing earthquake activity on Earth, its affect on, say, the orbit of Mars would be obvious, let alone its affect on our own orbit or the orbit of our Moon?

People who believe in Nibiru (even if you're playing Devil's advocate) can never quantify or even qualify their claims in a scientific context. I'd like to see some attempts to explain the mechanism by which it influences tectonic activity on Earth.

This scientist explains it better than I can.
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036
    I here demonstrate empirically my georesonator concept in which tidally induced magnification of Earth masses' resonance causes seismicity. To that end, I show that all strong (~M6+) earthquakes of 2010 occurred during the Earth's long (t>3 day) astronomical alignments within our solar system. I then show that the same holds true for all very strong (~M8+) earthquakes of the decade of 2000s. Finally, the strongest (M8.6+) earthquakes of the past century are shown to have occurred during the Earth's multiple long alignments, whereas half of the high-strongest (M9+) ones occurred during the Full Moon. I used the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin), as it has been adding to robustness in terms of very strong seismicity since 2007 (in terms of strongest seismicity: since 1965). The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If you know that something is completely false, why would you argue it's case? I know that the earth isn't flat, yet I don't try to argue otherwise. If something is completely irrational, and it's been thoroughly debunked, continuing it's argument is a pointless exercise.

I neither believe it nor disbelieve it, doesn't mean I believe it to be completely false.

<<< That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Interesting article based on Mensur Omerbashich's work.
    http://exopolitics.org/Exo-Comment-103.htm

The debate over Elenin's significance has been dramatically changed with the emergence of a Bosnian scientist who has released a remarkable paper tracking the relationship between planetary alignments and seismic (earthquake) activity on the Earth. Dr Mensur Omerbashich claims that since 2006, comet Elenin has had a measurable impact on the Earth's seismic activity. If Dr Omerbashich is correct, then we can expect a rapid surge in seismic activity in terms of major earthquakes as Elenin approaches the Earth during the latter part of 2011.
    Dr Omerbashich's paper was released on April 11, 2011 and is titled "Astronomical Alignments as the cause of ~M6 + seismicity." His basic idea is that as planetary bodies align with the Earth, that seismic activity increases. He provides historic data on large earthquakes, greater than magnitude 6, and how these have occurred during planetary alignments. For example, he notes that the 9.1 earthquake that hit Indonesia on December 26, 2004 causing over 230,000 deaths around the Indian Ocean, occurred when the Earth, Mercury and Venus were in alignment. At first, the planetary alignment thesis seems puzzling since it's not obvious what is happening during an alignment that would cause seismic behavior on Earth.
    Dr Omerbashich doesn't explain the dynamic processes behind planetary alignments and how these impact on seismicity. He simply provides historic data suggesting that physical processes are indeed occurring during an alignment that cause the seismic activity. So that naturally leads to the question, what is happening during a planetary alignment that would cause earthquakes on Earth? The main candidate for a viable response to this question is the "electric universe" or "plasma cosmology" model.
    Plasma cosmology is an astronomical model that suggests that the sun and planets are electrically charged celestial objects that exist in an electric field that is generated by the sun in a radial direction (like the spokes on a bicycle wheel) throughout the solar system. Charges flow through this electric field by virtue of the plasma particles that are constantly being released by the sun (aka solar wind). Plasma is the fourth state of matter (solid, liquid, and gas being the first three) and comprises free protons, neutrons, electrons and ions that make up atoms. Plasma is not electrically neutral, but is a superconductor that can carry electrical charges throughout the solar system (and indeed into interstellar and intergalactic space)

As electrical charges are distributed by plasma through the solar system, then different regions of space become electrically charged depending on their distance from the sun. Put simply, the sun comprises a large positive charge while the distant ends of the solar system form the most negatively charged regions of the solar system. In between, the electric field of the sun and the plasma currents flowing from it through space, provide electrical charges to planets, asteroids and comets depending on the nature of their orbits and proximity to one another.

This scientist explains it better than I can.
    http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036

I've read that paper, and I have to say it's a rather strange scientific paper. My background isn't in geophysics or geography, but I haven't seen many scientific papers written in such an odd way. Has this paper been published for peer review?

A few things struck me. He says:

1) Between 20 and 40 such alignments happen, on average, in any given year.
    2) These alignments typically last for 3 days, with some lasting longer.

That results in between 60 and 120 days of the year (minimum) where the Earth is in an alignment position that, according to him, is capable of causing an earthquake.

According to the USGS there are, on average, 134 >M6.0 earthquakes in any given year. So, chances are that a lot of these earthquakes are going to happen on a day where the Earth is in an alignment.

I'll have to give both the author and that paper more thought and research. Hopefully the paper has been peer reviewed. The idea of a georesonator and of Elenin causing tectonic activity via the gravitational shadowing affect of its tail is an interesting one.

I'll be honest though, I read one thing on the author's homepage which immediately turned me off of him:

"No member of "Freemasonry" or another deceptions organization that plagued sciences (Illuminati, Trilaterals, Bilderbergs, Committees on this and that, etc.) may use in any way, as in by citing or/and referencing or/and profiteering from, any of the publications, discoveries, expressions, laws/relationships, inventions or any other intellectual property that came into existence by intellectual activity of Dr. Mensur Omerbashich."

I don't mean for that to come across as an ad hominem, but it does raise suspicion.

I'll have to give both the author and that paper more thought and research. Hopefully the paper has been peer reviewed. The idea of a georesonator and of Elenin causing tectonic activity via the gravitational shadowing affect of its tail is an interesting one.

I'll be honest though, I read one thing on the author's homepage which immediately turned me off of him:

"No member of "Freemasonry" or another deceptions organization that plagued sciences (Illuminati, Trilaterals, Bilderbergs, Committees on this and that, etc.) may use in any way, as in by citing or/and referencing or/and profiteering from, any of the publications, discoveries, expressions, laws/relationships, inventions or any other intellectual property that came into existence by intellectual activity of Dr. Mensur Omerbashich."

I don't mean for that to come across as an ad hominem, but it does raise suspicion.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts and the results of your research if you don't mind, when your ready. I find the whole phenomenom of these alleged alignments interesting to say the least.

I dont mind admitting that I also find that quote quite odd especially as it's on Omerbashich's homepage, which I was not aware of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

In addition, he has this:
    Sign a petition against "Global Warming" scam -- or see why 30,000+ scientists think "GW" is crack-pottery.
    So he seems to have a bit of an agenda going on.

He seems to be quite out there all right. No more than myself tho tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

Well, i for one am enjoying Talk E's time and effort in checking this out and posting the stuff about it from a belief in it point of view, despite the sneering and guffaws:).
    A 4km rock it seems to be thankfully,... (unless NASA are lying to us)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ed2hands wrote: »
    Well, i for one am enjoying Talk E's time and effort in checking this out and posting the stuff about it from a belief in it point of view, despite the sneering and guffaws:).
    Agreed. It's fun debating this stuff with someone who doesn't take it personally.

• Advertisement

For anyone interested. This is a NASA document based on the correlation between planetary alignments, Sun solar flares hence tectonic shifts on Earth.

I haven't had a chance to read it yet but, straight off the bat, at a quick scan, it relates to what we have been discussing here.

It's been said that a "tiny comet" couldn't affect Earth in a particular way because larger planetary bodies in our solar system dont etc etc.

But it appears that they do, and it's common knowledge in NASA circles.

Enjoy. Will catch up tomorrow.

:)

EDIT: forgot link :D

http://www.warwickhughes.com/agri/Apparent%20Relations%20between%20Solar%20Activity%20and%20Solar%20Tides%20Ching-Cheh%20Hung.pdf

Advertisement