Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nibiru........True or False??!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

Beeker wrote: »
    This is stupid and an insult to the intelligence of most people. This is not the place for such fluff.

Can one of the Mods please lock this or better still move it to the Deluded forum..... sorry its called the Religion or Conspiracy Theory or some other place populated by people who like to delude themselves about reality:rolleyes:

Rant over...Beeker making himself a cup of tea:(

Wow...large black letters........cool.......you must have an A in art class.........hey say some thing cool......

If you dont like...then dont read.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

RedRaven wrote: »

You asked some questions, and you got answers: it's false, there's no such planet, it's not a suitable topic for this forum.

You don't like, don't post here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Wow...large black letters........cool.......you must have an A in art class.........hey say some thing cool......

As I said this is not the forum for this type of dribble. If you want to discuss fairy tales and the like, then by all means post it in the correct forum and lash away:)
    We prefer to stick to reality here.

You asked some questions, and you got answers: it's false, there's no such planet, it's not a suitable topic for this forum.

You don't like, don't post here.

Wow.......amazing.....chart topping post.

As I said this is not the forum for this type of dribble. If you want to discuss fairy tales and the like, then by all means post it in the correct forum and lash away:)
    We prefer to stick to reality here.

Tell ya what Beeker....You thinkt its dribble then fine....then why read...surely your valued time and effort are best used elsewhere....take care.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

I read everything in the Astronomy forum, and I do not want to read crap like this anymore!

Where are the mods??!? Nibiru?? Gimme a break!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This video, is classified TOP SECRET and was LEAKED from NASA!! Based on observations made by the TOP SECRET Spitzer space telescope this is the projection shown to TOP US OFFICIALS of what Future Planet Earth will be. Watch it, if you dare!!:eek: They know folks!:eek: It's not what they say, it's what they are doing. This is Real!! Beware!!:eek:

Nah I'm just messing with yez, it's a publicly released video showing NASA with some humour (If I only could find the original press release:D). It shows an actual observed planet collision with a very large object that occurred. Was my bad punctuation, large font size and bold facing convincing enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

This is stupid and an insult to the intelligence of most people. This is not the place for such fluff.

Can one of the Mods please lock this or better still move it to the Deluded forum..... sorry its called the Religion or Conspiracy Theory or some other place populated by people who like to delude themselves about reality:rolleyes:

Rant over...Beeker making himself a cup of tea:(

I enjoy reading the conspiracy forum, I hate all this nibiru stuff and reject it being called the deluded forum, that's implying that everyone in there is a nutter.Threads like nibiru just ruin the forum, thankfully there hasn't been one in a while.I like some of the stuff that might have some merit e.g:Strauss Kahn: Is he being framed? or was swine flu blown out of proportion so big pharma could make billions.Not having a go at you Beeker, it's just I'm not a deluded nutcase because I read stuff in there.:)

This nibiru stuff does nothing for good for astronomy or the conspiracy forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

I enjoy reading the conspiracy forum, I hate all this nibiru stuff and reject it being called the deluded forum, that's implying that everyone in there is a nutter.Threads like nibiru just ruin the forum, thankfully there hasn't been one in a while.I like some of the stuff that might have some merit e.g:Strauss Kahn: Is he being framed? or was swine flu blown out of proportion so big pharma could make billions.Not having a go at you Beeker, it's just I'm not a deluded nutcase because I read stuff in there.:)

This nibiru stuff does nothing for good for astronomy or the conspiracy forum.

Fair point and I apologies to you if I offended. I just hate irrational nonsense and the way it poisons the minds of otherwise rational people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The main question for me is why? Why do some people feel the need to put this out there.

Because they are deluded. That's about the bones of it at a very basic sociological level. I should add that some conspiracy theories have great merit and are worth discussing - but this specific one has no merit whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Fair point and I apologies to you if I offended. I just hate irrational nonsense and the way it poisons the minds of otherwise rational people.

I totally agree, I saw a thread about nibiru on usmessageboard, and some guy had all this stuff worked out about nibiru, then a guy that worked for nasa called Robert Stephens in Scaled Dynamics, NASA Visual Exploration came on thread and debunked all this stuff, he was trying to get this guy called terral to see the light, but he couldn't, it was quite a funny read, basically NASA Vs Conspiracy.

Heres the link if you want to amuse yourself.

It just goes to show that some people when shown the physics and the "non evidence" of nibirus existence will still ignore the facts DIRECTLY FROM NASA:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

DIRECTLY FROM NASA:D

THAT'S ONE MAN NOT THE ENTIRE ORGANISATION. YOU CAN'T PROVE NASA DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT IT THEY ARE INTENTIONALLY COVERING IT UP TO PRESERVE THE ECONOMY AND PREPARE THE WORLD FOR THE NEW WORLD ORDER!!

See, what I don't like about conspiracy theory forums is that the vast majority of posts, rather sadly, are similar in nature to the above but longer, usually have a quite a few videos added in, nice aesthetic use of fonts and links to some obscure website or news articles. All of which requires little concentration and actual thought. As the great Mr Sagan said we should be open minded just not so open minded that our brains fall out.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Because they are deluded. That's about the bones of it at a very basic sociological level. I should add that some conspiracy theories have great merit and are worth discussing - but this specific one has no merit whatsoever.

Thats a fair point D.

NoQuarter wrote: »
    I read everything in the Astronomy forum, and I do not want to read crap like this anymore!

Where are the mods??!? Nibiru?? Gimme a break!!

Move along then.....nothing to see here.........bye

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Move along then.....nothing to see here.........bye

There are specific forums for a reason, there are many of us who frequent the astronomy forum because we like reading all the threads posted there, we're more entitled to ask this to be moved than you are to watch avatar and then decide to post junk in the wrong place!

NoQuarter wrote: »
    There are specific forums for a reason, there are many of us who frequent the astronomy forum because we like reading all the threads posted there, we're more entitled to ask this to be moved than you are to watch avatar and then decide to post junk in the wrong place!

You still here....sure why would this interest you, you are far too brainy to be reading this.....

"we're more entitled to ask this to be moved than you are to watch avatar and then decide to post junk in the wrong place!"

Sure I may aswell just jump off a cliff as Im not worthy of being in the same forum as you judging by your last post....

More entitled are you???:rolleyes:......do me a favor.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

It's an attractive idea. But so is Counter-Earth and any number of other ideas. Unfortunately there's approximately zero evidence for them.

So what do you think is an appropriate way of dealing with the issue of scare mongering to the degree that some of the guys who make the videos etc or even worse make a profit on said issue?

If found guilty of causing chaos or anarchy ie people self harming etc. what should happen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

If found guilty of causing chaos or anarchy ie people self harming etc. what should happen here.

Nothing should happen here, this is a forum for discussion of astronomy and space science.

So what do you think is an appropriate way of dealing with the issue of scare mongering to the degree that some of the guys who make the videos etc or even worse make a profit on said issue?

Are there people self-harming because of him though? I haven't seen any evidence of that either.
    If there was major unrest, and I doubt it, since there hasn't been major unrest accompanying any doomsday scenario that's come and gone for as long as I've been on this earth, then we do have laws that would cover such eventualities.

• Advertisement

Nothing should happen here, this is a forum for discussion of astronomy and space science.

Z you got me wrong, I dont mean on this thread . I mean the really detailed websites and vids etc.:)

So that's one death each for three distinct doomsday scenarios? One for the LHC, one for the recent Camping rapture and the third for some Taiwanese preachers rapture (thought the Camping article tries to claim that death as due to Camping). Tragic, but not a pressing issue as far as I can see, certainly not chaos or anarchy, just a few people, at least one suffering from mental malaise, dying.

Im sure there are more but the point is even one death is a death too many due to this type of behaviour.

Im sure there are more but the point is even one death is a death too many due to this type of behaviour.
    Well, we can discount any others from the equation until such a time as they're reported.

And while I'd agree that the deaths are unfortunate, they're of a different sort than say, someone commiting suicide because they're being bullied. But that's a discussion more at home in humanities than here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Moved to more appropriate forum

Forum Charter: Please Read - Updated 22/03/11

So here we are 5 years on from these threads on the subject.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054919464

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054919469

Are there any changes to the theory??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

A lot of Nibiru believers believe this (Comet Elenin), Is Nibiru. It approaches Earth on Oct. 16 of this year. At its closest point, it will be 22 million miles from us. :)
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42977370/ns/technology_and_science-space/

NASA simulation..http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin;orb=1;cov=0;log=0;cad=0#orb
    A comet first discovered just six months ago will be making a visit to the inner solar system soon, but don't expect to be completely dazzled. This comet is a bit of a wimp, NASA says.
    Comet Elenin (also known by its astronomical name C/2010 X1), was first detected on Dec. 10, 2010 by Leonid Elenin, an observer in Lyubertsy, Russia, who found the comet while using the remote-controlled ISON-NM observatory near Mayhill, N.M.
    At the time of its discovery, the comet was about 401 million miles from Earth. Over the past 4 1/2 months, the comet has closed the distance to Earth's vicinity as it makes its way closer to perihelion (its closest point to the sun).

110510-EleninPhoto-hmed-0315p.grid-6x2.jpg

As of May 4, Comet Elenin's distance is about 170 million miles.
    "That is what happens with these long-period comets that come in from way outside our planetary system," said Don Yeomans of NASA's Near-Earth Object Program Office at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., in a statement. "They make these long, majestic, speedy arcs through our solar system, and sometimes they put on a great show. But not Elenin. Right now that comet looks kind of wimpy."
    The comet doesn't offer much of a view and is quite dim to behold.
    "We're talking about how a comet looks as it safely flies past us," said Yeomans. "Some cometary visitors arriving from beyond the planetary region — like Hale-Bopp in 1997 — have really lit up the night sky where you can see them easily with the naked eye as they safely transit the inner-solar system. But Elenin is trending toward the other end of the spectrum. You'll probably need a good pair of binoculars, clear skies, and a dark, secluded location to see it even on its brightest night."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Then there are very recently discovered "Rogue Planets". 10 found as of yet, about the size of Jupiter which are free floating (not orbiting stars). This discovery greatly increases the chances that a "Nibiru" exists.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/5036342/Rogue-giants-found
    A discovery of orphan planets has been made through software developed by a Massey University computer scientist and astrophysicist.
    Dr Ian Bond, based at the Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences, led a team of researchers to discover ten Jupiter-sized free floating planets.
    The study, Microlensing Observations in Astrophysics, involved researchers from Massey, Canterbury and Victoria Universities, as well as international researchers.
    He said the discovery had major implications for understanding the dynamics of solar systems.
    "It's a big deal. It's like finding a needle in a haystack, the sense of discovery is hugely exciting."
    Researchers analysed data from telescopic camera recordings by a telescope at Mount John University observatory at Lake Tekapo. It captured variations in the brightness of some 50 million stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
    The discovered planets were free-floating gas giant planets, also described as orphan or rogue planets, that were not believed to be orbiting stars.
    The discovery had led to speculation that smaller planets, the size of Earth, may exist but were yet to be found and that Earth could have a long-lost sibling which was once part of our solar system.
    Dr Bond was the principal investigator for the Auckland University-backed study.
    The study hoped to find more smaller orphan planets closer to the size of Earth in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Talk E wrote: »
    Then there are very recently discovered "Rogue Planets". 10 found as of yet, about the size of Jupiter which are free floating (not orbiting stars). This discovery greatly increases the chances that a "Nibiru" exists.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatu-standard/news/5036342/Rogue-giants-found
    No it doesn't.
    Not a single one of these rogue planets have been found near Earth, and by definition they do not orbit a star like people think Nibiru does.

Also, a comet is not the same as a Jupiter sized planet, so Elenin cannot be Nibiru.

Advertisement