Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nibiru........True or False??!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Love this .....
    1232024489_The_size_of_planets.gif

.......how insignificant are we in the grand scale of things? ....... and we go on like we're the centre of the universe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Nibiru - SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE! All I need now is a translator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I reckon its false..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭Talk E

Some information on Elenin. Couple of links and info mentioned in the video are below.

Earth-Issues posting about a chilling report prepared for President Medvedev by Minister Serdyukov of the Russian Defense Ministry on the building of an additional 5,000 underground ‘bomb’ shelters in Moscow warns that even though progress is being made, the appearance of the new Comet Elenin in our Solar System means“additional resources” will have to be added “immediately” as the 2012 timeline for completion “may not be soon enough”. Sparking the fears of Minister Serdyukov, he says in this report, is that based upon the new orbit calculations for Comet Elenin, it appears in “all likelihood” that this celestial object is under some type of “intelligent control” and will approach our Earth “much closer” than originally thought this coming fall season.
    Read more: http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/03/01/russian-warning-issued-over-%E2%80%9Ccontrolled%E2%80%9D-comet-headed-towards-earth/

Astronomical alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity
    Mensur Omerbashich
    (Submitted on 11 Apr 2011 (v1), last revised 30 May 2011 (this version, v2))

I here demonstrate empirically my georesonator concept in which tidally induced magnification of Earth masses' resonance causes seismicity. To that end, I show that all strong (~M6+) earthquakes of 2010 occurred during the Earth's long (t>3 day) astronomical alignments within our solar system. I then show that the same holds true for all very strong (~M8+) earthquakes of the decade of 2000s. Finally, the strongest (M8.6+) earthquakes of the past century are shown to have occurred during the Earth's multiple long alignments, whereas half of the high-strongest (M9+) ones occurred during the Full Moon. I used the comet C/2010 X1 (Elenin), as it has been adding to robustness in terms of very strong seismicity since 2007 (in terms of strongest seismicity: since 1965). The Elenin will continue intensifying the Earth's very strong seismicity until August-October, 2011. Approximate forecast of earthquakes based on my discoveries is feasible. This demonstration proves my hyperresonator concept, arrived at earlier as a mathematical-physical solution to the most general extension of the georesonator concept possible.
    Read more: http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2036

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

digme wrote: »
    pure horse sh!t

That your professional opinion ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

pure horse sh!t

Lets hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

ed2hands wrote: »
    Lets hope so.
    You can hedge the risk. I'll give you €10,000 if Nibiru causes us a problem in 2012. You give me a tenner if it doesn't. Fair? :)

• Advertisement

Talk E wrote: »
    That your professional opinion ?
    I'm not a professional,but i'm not a fcking eejit either.Perhaps go read about physics for 5 minutes?

You can hedge the risk. I'll give you €10,000 if Nibiru causes us a problem in 2012. You give me a tenner if it doesn't. Fair? :)

I'm not saying it will or it wont cause problems in 2012 or any other date, I don't know. But if it did I wouldn't be surprised. Check it out for yourself. Recent earthquakes seem to coincide with Earth alignments with Elenin and the Sun.

NASA Elenin tracker >>>
    http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin;orb=1;cov=1;log=0;cad=1#orb

hehe let me think about that one...

But Monty, money would be worthless in a rapture, so no deal.:)

On the upside, if Elenin is a brown dwarf or whatever, maybe the the IMF and ECB will forget about us for a while;). Every cloud Monty, every cloud..

I'm not a professional,but i'm not a fcking eejit either.

Yet the following reply would suggest otherwise. Cop on.
    pure horse sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Check it out for yourself. Recent earthquakes seem to coincide with Earth alignments with Elenin and the Sun.

Why would Earth lining up with a tiny, tiny body like a comet cause earthquakes, but nothing happens when it lines up with vastly bigger and closer bodies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Recent earthquakes seem to coincide with Earth alignments with Elenin and the Sun.

NASA Elenin tracker >>>
    http://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=elenin;orb=1;cov=1;log=0;cad=1#orb
    I don't have the figures anywhere near me, and I wouldn't know how to manipulate them if I did, but I'd be willing to bet that the gravitational effect on the earth's crust of an aircraft carrier on the sea dwarfs that of comet Elenin. To quote Wikipedia:
    The force is proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them
    So, in layman's terms*, the distance between things has a far greater effect on how strong the gravitational pull is than the actual size of the object, and the effect is a quarter as strong at twice the distance and so forth...

*I'm a layman

Yet the following reply would suggest otherwise. Cop on.
    So science goes out the window when you post?

ed2hands wrote: »
    On the upside, if Elenin is a brown dwarf or whatever, maybe the the IMF and ECB will forget about us for a while;). Every cloud Monty, every cloud..
    Unfortunatly, it can't be a brown dwarf as they are on the order of 10 times the size of Jupiter.
    And according to the neat little app TalkE posted it would be nearing Mars's obirt.
    It would be the brightest start in the sky.

So science goes out the window when you post?

No, but if you cant articulate something a little more constructive than "horse ****" or "feckin eegit", then don't bother because you're not doing yourself any favors.

King Mob wrote: »
    Why would Earth lining up with a tiny, tiny body like a comet cause earthquakes, but nothing happens when it lines up with vastly bigger and closer bodies?

Perhaps all the alignments are coincidence, perhaps not. I'm not 100% it is just a comet or what it's made of so I am not qualified to comment on that at the moment to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

I wanted to watch that video but the guys voice was just too much to take along with the boring footage of his monitor as he clicked his way through cyberspace.

:o sorry but if he's going to try scare inform us,he should try make the video more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I don't have the figures anywhere near me, and I wouldn't know how to manipulate them if I did, but I'd be willing to bet that the gravitational effect on the earth's crust of an aircraft carrier on the sea dwarfs that of comet Elenin. To quote Wikipedia:

So, in layman's terms*, the distance between things has a far greater effect on how strong the gravitational pull is than the actual size of the object, and the effect is a quarter as strong at twice the distance and so forth...

*I'm a layman
    But only if you believe Mathematics.

I, for one, take a sceptical view of Rational Numbers.

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I wanted to watch that video but the guys voice was just too much to take along with the boring footage of his monitor as he clicked his way through cyberspace.

:o sorry but if he's going to try scare inform us,he should try make the video more enjoyable.

What a shame. I am sure you would have enlightened us with a thrilling and exciting analysis. :o

Perhaps all the alignments are coincidence, perhaps not.
    Well you've yet to even show that there's been any alignments at all.
    Can you provide the dates for these alignment caused earthquakes?
    I'm not 100% it is just a comet or what it's made of so I am not qualified to comment on that at the moment to be honest.
    Well the only reason your "not 100% it is just a comet" is because you've been told that it is not a comet by conspiracy sites.

What specifically makes you doubt it is a comet?
    What could it be made of that would make it a large mass, yet also invisible to everyone on the planet?

I'm just going to leave this here and run away and hide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTa7LjEKhoc

Well you've yet to even show that there's been any alignments at all.
    Can you provide the dates for these alignment caused earthquakes?

Try google. Japan Quakes, Chile quake NZ etc
    Well the only reason your "not 100% it is just a comet" is because you've been told that it is not a comet by conspiracy sites.

Possibly.
    What specifically makes you doubt it is a comet?
    What could it be made of that would make it a large mass, yet also invisible to everyone on the planet?

Well if it was causing earthquakes it would have to be something other than a comet. And it could be dark, making it harder to see.

From a rough calculation you can work out an estimate of Comet Elenin's mass. If you assume that the figures for its diameter are correct, and make the assumption that Elenin has a density double that of granite (which is being overly generous), then it works out at about 3x10^15 Kg.

Here's a question for those who give the comet's gravitational affect any credence:

Why do you believe that an object of mass 3x10^15 Kg at a distance of roughly 2 AU has an affect on Earth's tectonic activity, whereas the Moon of mass 7.3x10^22 (10 million times more massive) at a distance of 0.0025 AU (800 times closer) has a negligible effect in comparison?

It'd be simple using Newtonian mechanics to work out the relative gravitational force of the two upon Earth, but I don't think that's needed. I'd just like to hear an answer to the above.

Try google. Japan Quakes, Chile quake NZ etc
    There's no alignment with Elenin on either March the 11th, February 22nd or January 2nd.
    Possibly.
    Is there another reason you have to doubt it's a comet?
    Well if it was causing earthquakes it would have to be something other than a comet. And it could be dark, making it harder to see.
    But there's no reason to think that it is causing earthquakes in the first place, beyond nonsense made up by stupid people.

And the only mechanism, without invoking magic, through which it could effect Earth is gravity, so it needs much much more mass than all of the other inner planets.
    So it's either physically big or dense.
    Either way it's orbit would be effected by this and would be apparent to anyone who would look it up.

gvn wrote: »
    From a rough calculation you can work out an estimate of Comet Elenin's mass. If you assume that the figures for its diameter are correct, and make the assumption that Elenin has a density double that of granite (which is being overly generous), then it works out at about 3x10^15 Kg.

Here's a question for those who give the comet's gravitational affect any credence:

Why do you believe that an object of mass 3x10^15 Kg at a distance of roughly 2 AU has an affect on Earth's tectonic activity, whereas the Moon of mass 7.3x10^22 (10 million times more massive) at a distance of 0.0025 AU (800 times closer) has a negligible effect in comparison?

It'd be simple using Newtonian mechanics to work out the relative gravitational force of the two upon Earth, but I don't think that's needed. I'd just like to hear an answer to the above.

At it's closest approach (0.23 AU) it's: 1.644×10^(-16) m/s^2

For comparison the acceleration you get from the Moon is: 3.512×10^-5 m/s^2
    And Mars is: 4.79×10^-10 m/s^2

And lets say it's an average sized dude standing next to you: 1.335×10^-9 m/s^2

• Advertisement

There's no alignment with Elenin on either March the 11th, February 22nd or January 2nd.

Is there another reason you have to doubt it's a comet?

But there's no reason to think that it is causing earthquakes in the first place, beyond nonsense made up by stupid people.

And the only mechanism, without invoking magic, through which it could effect Earth is gravity, so it needs much much more mass than all of the other inner planets.
    So it's either physically big or dense.
    Either way it's orbit would be effected by this and would be apparent to anyone who would look it up.

March 11 2011 Japan
    Feb 28th 2010 Chile

Hmm NZ doesn't align, must be something wrong with my app. :o

Advertisement