Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nibiru........True or False??!!

Options
  • 23-05-2011 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

So what do we know and what are your views?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

its a pseudoscientific planetary object and thats it really!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_(Sitchin)#Planets_proposed_by_Zecharia_Sitchin

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

:D:D:D

Its pretty scary stuff mind you....really gets you thinking.....

I mean it does make sense as to why we are being kept in the dark by the powers that be......why cause mass panic and ruin the plans put in place eh.

The Conspiracy Theories forum is what you're looking for.

Nibiru doesn't exist. No planet is going to pass by Earth next year. Simple as that, really...

JD, is it possible you could be wrong on this?

RedRaven wrote: »

Sure, it's definitely possible.

But, if a large planet was slowly approaching Earth don't you think astronomers would have seen it by now? I'm not talking about professional astronomers, I'm talking about the millions of amateur astronomers throughout the world. A large planet approaching Earth isn't that easy to miss, I'm afraid.

So, you have to ask yourself which is more likely:

1) A large planet (Nibiru) is approaching Earth, and has been for many years. For some reason it's either completely undetectable (it doesn't reflect sunlight and its gravitational influence on other solar bodies cannot be seen or determined) or it's part of a massive global conspiracy of the world's astronomers and physicists.

2) It doesn't exist.

Ockham's Razor firmly points to the latter option.

• Advertisement

Id love to hear from somebody within Astronomy Ireland or Dunsink obsevatory or somewhere like that.

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Nibiru - 4th March has arrived
    Is today the day when we finally learn our fate - 4th March is the day we are supposed to see Nibiru break through the solar ecliptic plain. This guy appears to have an angle on it. Taken from usmessageboard.com - watch the sky you folks with your telescopes.
    Better still watch out for rising seas etc.,

Quote:
    From:Terral ...mail.com)Sent:Tue 2/15/11 11:05 AMTo: news@wfla.com;

WFLA News Tip Line:

My name is Terral ... writing to report that a brown dwarf with 3 moons is currently located between the orbits of Jupiter and Mars set to break through the solar ecliptic plane on March 4, 2011. A multi-planetary/Solar alignment will take place on March 15, 2011, when the Earth passes through the gravity trough/trench connecting the Sun to the approaching brown dwarf. The coordinates of the brown dwarf are 5h 53m 27s -6 10' 58 in the Constellation Leo. The NASA orbit diagram/chart for the comet Elenin shows the tracking data for the incoming brown dwarf that will pass 22.3 million miles from the Earth on October 17, 2011. Google has blacked out Google Sky images of this exact location, which you can read about in my USMB posting here:

Google Is Deliberately Hiding Nibiru Images @ 5h 53m 27s -6 10' 58

That post has pictures of the inbound brown dwarf and multiple moons. Follow the link to my Brown Dwarf Timeline here:

The Planet X/Nibiru/ELEnin Brown Dwarf Timeline

The first Gov link in that post shows you the NASA tracking data for the incoming brown dwarf, but cleverly disguised as a harmless comet.

JPL Small-Body Database Browser

The data says the brown dwarf will break through the solar ecliptic plane into the northern hemisphere on March 4, 2011, when the earth change 'events' will begin to escalate out of control. In that event, people must evacuate the coasts in anticipation of severe rogue tides and tidal waves associated with the anticipated March 15, 2011 'pole shift event.' The magnetic shift since 2004 is actually magnetic pole migration in response to the gravity well, massive magnetism and polarity of the approaching brown dwarf that orbits near the sun just once every 3600 years. I realize that this News Tip seems outrageous, but this is what all the evidence in my investigation is saying and the people have a right to see the evidence and decide for themselves. In other words, this is the very reason the Tip Line was created in the first place and pushing this under the carpet makes WFLA part of a very big Global Conspiracy to hide 'the truth' like Google. This is what Google is hiding:

Now you tell me why the only place on Google Sky that is blacked out just happens to be the same exact location of the recently-discovered ELEnin Comet? Your meteorologists are smart people. Have them look these things up. I am not saying this is doomsday, but the people had better be prepared:

100 miles from coasts.
    200 feet above sea level.
    away from fault zones.
    away from volcanoes.
    away from Yellowstone.
    away from New Madrid Fault Zone.
    away from Mississippi River Valley from Louisiana to Michigan.

Peoples have survived Nibiru for hundreds of thousands of years, but they were prepared. You have been given sufficient information to get the warning out, or to shove this News Story under the rug.

Terral ...
    terral...mail.com
    USMB

WOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There are most likely many planets beyond in the Kuiper Belt and beyond, with strange orbits - but I haven't seen anything to suggest that a rogue planet is going to fly past Earth anytime soon. You have to ask yourself - Who's saying it? A credible astronomer, or a bunch of conspiracy nuts?

If a few credible astronomers start to indicate that a large body is potentially going to fly by earth, then it might be worth discussing. But until then - it's just another conspiracy theory.

Besides, suppose the planet really did exist with such an extraordinary orbit - it would have been probably caught by one of the gas giants as a moon a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Explains today's weather anyway.

False

• Advertisement

A very good case indeed.

Still some very strange and unanswered questions sorrounding the whole thing.

Ok so the reputable guys are saying nothing...maybe they have been told to stay stum about it so not to start chaos and ruin the survival plan already in place. Sacrafice all to save a few and start again. Makes sense.

:D
    GetWithIt wrote: »
    Explains today's weather anyway.

:D:D I hear ya....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

it's about as real as the rapture...

A very good case indeed.

Ok so the reputable guys are saying nothing...maybe they have been told to stay stum about it so not to start chaos and ruin the survival plan already in place. Sacrafice all to save a few and start again. Makes sense.

But, as I said before, it just doesn't make sense.

If you use Ockham's Razor you'll come to the conclusion that's likely correct.

People like to believe in things like this: they're fascinated by predictions of the rapture and doomsday, the end of the world, and especially conspiracies concerning science. This fascination doesn't make any of their beliefs in any way true, though. If you remain unbiased, sceptical and logical then there is, at this time, only one conclusion you can draw: the same conclusion that Ockham's Razor gives you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

A very good case indeed.

Unlikely. The majority of the world's astronomers are amateur. And that's not to say that their equipment is poor - alot of amateur astronomers invest upwards of 100k into their equipment. How do you propose all of the world's astronomers are made kept quiet?

As for the Google Sky conspiracy, this guy debunks it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VZY115vfYk

You need to start reading some material that offers the opposite views to what you're reading. You're wilfully allowing yourself to swallow information, because it sounds 'exciting' - forgoing any glances at the actual logical arguments that have been made against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I second JD here. This is really Conspiracy Theory stuff.

The people going on about it tend to be a bit funny in the head and lack any understanding of astronomy. Nasa have had lots of cranks asking about this and they put together a faq if you want answers from Astronomy people.

Really, this planet's existence didn't come from astronomy. Astronomy is about observing extraterrestrial bodies and describing them. It's not about making stuff up and then looking for it (not to be confused with looking for objects which have been theorised by physicists). That's the realm of the paranormal and conspiracy theories which aren't as restricted by logic or even common sense.

This is why it's for Conspiracy Theories. The only possible way that all scientists and amateur astronomers in every country would keep quiet is there being a huge and effective conspiracy.

Think about it for a minute. Every scientist, every amateur astronomer, in every country, ally and enemy agreeing through coercion or voluntarily to keep mum about a big freaking planet in between Mars and Jupiter?

Really? Is that what you're trying to suggest?

Hey Its open to debate Im just asking the question on it.

Good to see the topic being discussed and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

No. Jocelyn Bell Burnell, world renowned astronomer and discoverer of pulsars gave a talk in NUI Maynooth recently on this whole 2012 thing and basically debunked every end of world in 2012 scenario, including Nibiru. Basically she said we would have detected it by now if it was something that large.

Thanks DJ.

Interesting topic all the same.

• Advertisement

See wikipedia.

The idea was first put forward in 1995 by Nancy Lieder, founder of the website ZetaTalk. Lieder describes herself as a contactee with the ability to receive messages from extra-terrestrials from the Zeta Reticuli star system through an implant in her brain. She states that she was chosen to warn mankind that the object would sweep through the inner Solar System in May 2003 (though that date was later abandoned) causing Earth to undergo a pole shift that would destroy most of humanity. The predicted collision has subsequently spread beyond Lieder's website and has been embraced by numerous Internet doomsday groups, most of which link the event to the 2012 phenomenon. Although the name "Nibiru" is derived from the works of late ancient astronaut writer Zecharia Sitchin and his interpretations of Babylonian and Sumerian mythology, Sitchin denied any connection between his work and various claims of a coming apocalypse.

This has bullshít written all over it. The scientific community also sees it this way because there is absolutely no evidence for it. The only "evidence" we have is from a woman who was told about it by the voices in her head that came from aliens.

On a slighter more general note, anything can be written in books or on the internet. Anything at all. For this reason, you shouldn't just believe what people write - especially in pseudo-scientific or conspiracy theory sites. If you're not sure how to spot such sites, I can't really help. For me, if the sites make unscientific claims, contain too much woo or misuse scientific terminology ("energy" is commonly misused), then they are pseudo-scientific and not to be trusted. Conspiracy websites have a tendency to contain the word "truth" in the URL.

While pseudo-science and real science sound the same to the untrained ear, there is a huge difference. Real science produces everything from good hunting/tracking skills in our ancestors to manned space flight. Pseudo-science produces nothing. It's "scientists" make stuff up and make it sound scientific so that they can sell books to and generate page hits from people with poor skills in science, logic and common sense.

I would suggest watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos series for a good overview of how science works and how to tell it apart from pseudo-science. It's over 30 years old but the content is still accurate and very accessible. There is lots more information out there but Carl Sagan is a good starting point.

That's pretty good. It's all explained very clearly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Jaysus I cannot wait for January 1st 2013 when the inevitable "Well clearly our numbers were a few years off" line comes out:)

Conor108 wrote: »
    Jaysus I cannot wait for January 1st 2013 when the inevitable "Well clearly our numbers were a few years off" line comes out:)

Their PR departments are way ahead of you and watering down the prediction. The End of World scenario will instead mean a new Age (of Aquarius) or a changing of consciousness or some other spiritual fluff. That way they can claim that the Arab Spring was connected.

This stuff makes me angry sometimes....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

This nonsense really holds our civilisation back and should be ridiculed and aggressively debunked for the childish fairytale that it is. As soon as this nonsense prediction is gone, another one arrives with fresh impressionable types pedalling it. ANYONE who begins to speak about this with me in everyday life i always have to stop them and ask where are you getting your information, after repeating the question 4/5 times the answer at the bottom of the bull**** pile is a fella on the internet made it up but he really does believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

... the brown dwarf will break through the solar ecliptic plane into the northern hemisphere on March 4, 2011

I'm curious, RR. Two questions for you.
    What do you think the "solar ecliptic plane" is?
    What do you think will be the effect of the breakage described in the excerpt from the warning above?

backboiler wrote: »
    I'm curious, RR. Two questions for you.
    What do you think the "solar ecliptic plane" is?
    What do you think will be the effect of the breakage described in the excerpt from the warning above?

I think the entire thing has many questions.

The main question for me is why? Why do some people feel the need to put this out there.

Some guy spent his life savings to run an add campaign in the US media about the judgement day on the 21st of may.....didnt happen ......money gone....

What can be done about this...has anybody given money to organizations who profit from this stuff......is it fraud?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

This is stupid and an insult to the intelligence of most people. This is not the place for such fluff.

Can one of the Mods please lock this or better still move it to the Deluded forum..... sorry its called the Religion or Conspiracy Theory or some other place populated by people who like to delude themselves about reality:rolleyes:

Rant over...Beeker making himself a cup of tea:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Beeker wrote: »
    This is stupid and an insult to the intelligence of most people. This is not the place for such fluff.

Can one of the Mods please lock this or better still move it to the Deluded forum..... sorry its called the Religion or Conspiracy Theory or some other place populated by people who like to delude themselves about reality:rolleyes:

Rant over...Beeker making himself a cup of tea:(
    Well said Beeker, im frightened:(

The world was going to end on Friday or Saturday gone as well:rolleyes:

Advertisement