Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Kold wrote: »
    Unless you're Kog or Vayne, your first item should never be PD. Even if you are one of those 2, I'd go for a [zeal into BF item then finish PD] or even BotRK. An early PD isn't worth a damn unless you've some dmg to go with it.

Exactly, Items are totally situational. Use the guides as guides only. Do not stick to them religiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

BTW if anyone wants to add me: NutsPauly - that would be great. Gonna try to get online most evenings this week for a game or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Been having the most intense games ever lately. Just won a fight at the Baron pit when we had just lost 2 inhibs where I got a quadra kill to seal the game. 1 hour 10 mins later game was over. Was so sick. Game before I had 42 assists as Sona. You can only imagine how many times the game changed tides (Had only 1 death though!).

Don't know what's going on but there seems to be a lot of decent games for me lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Went ahead and uninstalled this. Having to rely on 4 other people is just frustrating beyond all measure. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Went ahead and uninstalled this. Having to rely on 4 other people is just frustrating beyond all measure. :mad:

Probably the smartest thing to do tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

An hour and 10 min game can't have been a good one.. Death timers are so long, I don't understand how games last that long. I've had one or two games like that and it only lasts that long because people have no idea when to push objectives and it's frustrating beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

n1ck wrote: »
    An hour and 10 min game can't have been a good one.. Death timers are so long, I don't understand how games last that long. I've had one or two games like that and it only lasts that long because people have no idea when to push objectives and it's frustrating beyond belief.
    Frustrating thing is when a teamfight is over and you may be the only survivor but you're perhaps the ap or support and their lanes are pushing. You won the teamfight but there's bugger all you can do about it. A won teamfight can mean nothing if the wrong person survives.

Kold wrote: »
    A won teamfight can mean nothing if the wrong person survives.

Bitta gold :P

Blitz & Ryze bot...... Its brilliant fun. Rune Prison, Rocket Grab to behind where Ryze was, Knock up, Overdrive to chase. All the time Ryze is spamming spells with his ult on. A kill pretty much every time... 1/5/21 in my first match :D

Welcome to LoL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

No Diamondprox for EU all stars :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I played in a game lasting two hours last night! Probably it was because we were all around the same level (10-14) and were terrible, but it was nevertheless genuinely competitive and a hell of a lot of fun :)

tuxy wrote: »
    No Diamondprox for EU all stars :(

Yup. He said this like 5 days ago and is still smashing the polls. They need to just remove him.

Yea he said in an LCS interview he wasn't going to go but still said vote for him haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I can sympathise.

What I find frustrating is when my team mates can't deal with being part of a team.

There seems to be a huge number of people who just don't grasp that bitching someone out mid game is bad for that person and their own performance.

I'd say a good lump of the losses (feels like most, but that's subjective) I've had have been because someone made a mistake and then other team members started using the presence of someone less good as an excuse to start playing sloppily.

I can handle losing because someone ****ed up, I can handle losing because our team got outplayed. It's a game, that happens. Learn a lesson, queue again.

I hate losing because someone has decided someone else isn't good enough (wether he is or not) and instead of just adjusting their play, gives the enemy free farm or starts feeding so they can fight in the chat.

I'm still a noob. Very, very few of the teams I'm playing with, or against, are good enough to really take advantage of the other team having a single weaker player, two or three weaker players is a different story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The best advice I ever got in LoL was to play every game like a win or loss depended on me, and me alone.

The community and overall discussion has moved on from the " o it was his fault" etc etc. It's accepted it happens, and there is plenty of material out there to assist in how to deal with this, and it is mostly down to attitude. You get **** team mates all the way up until Gold, even then you get ropey trolls and team mates.

Learn the game, focus on yourself when starting and get your mechanics in check. Try different champions and lanes, then decide where you want to stick to.
    Then narrow down your list of champions to three, and work on them work on them work on them.

In time, when you move into ranked you will have atleast 100-150 games under your belt. Through bronze and silver, you need to carry, simple as that. You will get games where you have trolls or bad team mates, but the same happens to the other team just as much, remember that. Moving blame from yourself to others makes you gloss over the mistakes in your play, the areas you need to improve on etc.

Blaming team mates is not an excuse, it simply means you weren't carrying hard enough. That is the mantra I go by which was passed onto me by a high ranked friend and it does work.

TheDoc wrote: »
    The best advice I ever got in LoL was to play every game like a win or loss depended on me, and me alone.

The community and overall discussion has moved on from the " o it was his fault" etc etc. It's accepted it happens, and there is plenty of material out there to assist in how to deal with this, and it is mostly down to attitude. You get **** team mates all the way up until Gold, even then you get ropey trolls and team mates.

Learn the game, focus on yourself when starting and get your mechanics in check. Try different champions and lanes, then decide where you want to stick to.
    Then narrow down your list of champions to three, and work on them work on them work on them.

In time, when you move into ranked you will have atleast 100-150 games under your belt. Through bronze and silver, you need to carry, simple as that. You will get games where you have trolls or bad team mates, but the same happens to the other team just as much, remember that. Moving blame from yourself to others makes you gloss over the mistakes in your play, the areas you need to improve on etc.

Blaming team mates is not an excuse, it simply means you weren't carrying hard enough. That is the mantra I go by which was passed onto me by a high ranked friend and it does work.

You get **** players in gold too. It's outrageous. The advice is sound though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Just picked this up the other day and have played for a few hours but still finding it quite confusing. As a beginner I havent found the material on the offical site much good tbh. Apart from the wiki are there any good resources for beginners?

At the moment from having played a couple of AI games and playing a couple of pvp games I think the point of the game is to try and farm minions/monsters as quickly as possible so you can reach max level and buy items... this is why people want to solo lanes or 'jungle'. Dont really understand the concept of pushing and when its appropriate to do it (I'm assuming its to join together to make an assault on the base). I have no clue when it comes to items and what I should be purchasing, what class combinations work together, strategies for different class types, how do you communicate (via signals not chat), who jungles and how to play that role, is kill/death ratio important (should I be risk averse and die less or try and kill as many champs as possible even if I die more)? Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Cheers in advance

Playboy wrote: »
    Just picked this up the other day and have played for a few hours but still finding it quite confusing. As a beginner I havent found the material on the offical site much good tbh. Apart from the wiki are there any good resources for beginners?

At the moment from having played a couple of AI games and playing a couple of pvp games I think the point of the game is to try and farm minions/monsters as quickly as possible so you can reach max level and buy items... this is why people want to solo lanes or 'jungle'. Dont really understand the concept of pushing and when its appropriate to do it (I'm assuming its to join together to make an assault on the base). I have no clue when it comes to items and what I should be purchasing, what class combinations work together, strategies for different class types, how do you communicate (via signals not chat), who jungles and how to play that role, is kill/death ratio important (should I be risk averse and die less or try and kill as many champs as possible even if I die more)? Anyone can point me in the right direction?

Cheers in advance

The most important thing in LoL is not dying. If you kill an enemy you gte gold. If you assist in a kill, you get gold. If you jump in alone on 2 enemies and manage to kill one of them before they kill you, they will have gotten more gold from the engagement. Giving them an advantage.

Check out sites like mobafire/lolking for guides. But remember these are just guides. They should only be used as guides and not followed 100% accurately. The more you play LoL, the more you will learn about items and what to buy in certain situations.

The point of the game is to destroy the enemies nexus. A lot of the time, level 18 isn't even reached before the game is over. Killing missions as fast as possible is never ok unless you're pushing. But early laning phase, you should only last hit. By last hit I mean deal the killing blow on the minions, this gives you gold. Let yiur minions soften up the enemy minions first then "last hit" them.

Never focus on getting kills, play LoL with the objectives in mind. (Taking towers/inhibs/nexus > baron > dragon).

For tips and a ton of resources check out:
    www.reddit.com/r/summonerpreschool

for basic stuff (last hitting / what buffs do / basic mechanics), and when you are more familiar with the game

www.reddit.com/r/summonerschool

for more in depth advice.

The league of legends subreddit is basically the hub of the community, and there are a load of other sub reddits that offer help.

Hope this helps.

End of Season 2 I transitioned to Jungle having to learn from scratch and have to say enjoyed it.

Team though last night did a shuffle and I now have to learn Top lane, from scratch, never once having any interest in it

This should be fun ...

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Biggest problem I have encountered with the game is finding decent people to play with. I am new at the game only level 12 and a few times when I would be playing the team mate who i would be assenting on a lane would move to another lane, queue 3 heroes coming down my lane . I would request help only to be met with " what a noob, doesnt know what ss is lol" . i try to fall back and get killed by the 3 heroes and get " stupid noob , report for feeding etc" :mad:

must only get put in games with 5 year olds or people who just like acting like a bag-o-dicks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I agree with this, but that's pretty much why it's so frustrating to play with people who seem to think the object of the game is wait until someone else makes a mistake then blame them for losing the game. Particularly as I favour support, and 'carrying' as a support is often 'herd your sheep towards the enemy', with this type of player being the suicidal sheep.

It was much easier when I didn't occasionally play with lvl 30's, I could just tell ragers that if they didn't want to play with noobs they shouldn't play on smurfs. That was always very effective at getting games back on track.

I just need to figure out a new, higher level, way of manipulating these people into doing what I want. Calling smurfs on blameshifting helped though. Maybe I can figure out a new way of doing the same.... hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

vex wrote: »
    Biggest problem I have encountered with the game is finding decent people to play with. I am new at the game only level 12 and a few times when I would be playing the team mate who i would be assenting on a lane would move to another lane, queue 3 heroes coming down my lane . I would request help only to be met with " what a noob, doesnt know what ss is lol" . i try to fall back and get killed by the 3 heroes and get " stupid noob , report for feeding etc" :mad:

must only get put in games with 5 year olds or people who just like acting like a bag-o-dicks
    I'm lvl 3 on my smurf. Hit me up if you want to Duo. Be on later tonight.

IGN: JustGameit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Cheers in advance

Just pour over solomid mate.

Korvanica wrote: »
    The most important thing in LoL is not dying. If you kill an enemy you gte gold. If you assist in a kill, you get gold. If you jump in alone on 2 enemies and manage to kill one of them before they kill you, they will have gotten more gold from the engagement. Giving them an advantage.

THIS! I really wish people would learn this, it annoys me no end to see people diving and think they're doing good only to give away a kill and an assist for simply just a kill!

End of Season 2 I transitioned to Jungle having to learn from scratch and have to say enjoyed it.

Team though last night did a shuffle and I now have to learn Top lane, from scratch, never once having any interest in it

This should be fun ...

Well our placement in our 5's team going well at the moment. We started a new ranked team and so far 3-0.

Last nights game was mental and pity it wasn't recorded. I came up against a decent Wukong top ( me on Shen) who butt hurt me pretty bad and early.

We fell a good few kills behind and fell way behind in towers. But persevere and keep constructive and positive. We managed a Baron steal and really kicked up the gears in team fights and after taking the Baron respawn again and securing a excellent team fight, romped home to victory.

Thanks for the tips guys. Playing with Pantheon atm and really enjoying playing him. Starting to win nearly every match now and have got to level 7. Finding it hard to get decent items until too late in the game. Does that get easier the higher your level?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

Thanks for the tips guys. Playing with Pantheon atm and really enjoying playing him. Starting winning nearly every match now and have got to level 7. Finding it hard to get decent items until too late in the game. Does that get easier the higher your level?

Well I'mm lvl 22 play adc and the best advice I got has come from watching streams on Twitchtv. You'll find professional leagues on there usually at the wkends. Personally I like watching wingsofdeathx, he explains what he's doing as he does it and is a pretty funny guy. He plays really greedy so would be a good idea for you to check him out.

Thanks for the tips guys. Playing with Pantheon atm and really enjoying playing him. Starting to win nearly every match now and have got to level 7. Finding it hard to get decent items until too late in the game. Does that get easier the higher your level?

Pantheon needs to snowball early game to have a strong late game.

Is the max number of items you can have 6? Why cant I sell some? Is there a limit?

• Advertisement

Pantheon needs to snowball early game to have a strong late game.

Pantheon needs to snowball early and end the game before lategame.

Advertisement