Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

This topic is now about Vietnam.

I spent some time in SEA doing the backpacking thing about 5 years ago. What compels someone to play LoL while "bouncing around Asia"? I assume your working? Sorry to hear about the dengue fever.

Also
    Im so jelly

I'm planning on staying out here and teaching. I don't play LoL 24/7 but some evenings I feel like playing over drinking. It's not like I'm spending all day on LoL. I might have a game once a week, I might feel tired some day and spend 4-5 hours on it. Spent almost 3 months in the Philippines, managed to get 1700 elo out there before I peaced out. The frustrating part is the lack of porting accounts in LoL, ideally I'd love to have 1 account with all my skins and just transfer it from server to server.

After 9 months of travelling Asia, and 5 months with no LoL. It's a nice creature comfort. Like I try to watch every Spurs game too, which sometimes means staying up to 4am

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Addicted to this now!

Caitlyn really suits me it seems, I do well (for me) when I use her.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

if you don't buy a pink ward versus akali and aim to kill her before she is level 6 , you deserve to lose that lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Kold what is the teaching job situation like in Vietnam mate.

Orizio wrote: »
    Kold what is the teaching job situation like in Vietnam mate.

Crying out for em, you can make 15usd an hour. I keep telling my stupid whiny friends to come to Asia. Life out here is glorious. China is one of my options also, good money, so cheap to live and just the most interesting country in the world. Both have good LoL communities also. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Take it to PM, guys. This isn't the place.

Is there no boards ie chatroom on the server or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Orizio wrote: »
    Is there no boards ie chatroom on the server or what?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056910322

Get this approved and we can try and work on something.

Yup, the MOBA OTT Thread.

Okay, so I'm about to hit 30 (probably tomorrow if I put my mind to it) and I'm looking for people to play with (RANKED OR NORMAL). I'm playing most nights with Orizio (which will probably go ranked duoq soon) but it's always nice to play with other people. I won't be jumping straight into Ranked so I'm cool playing with anyone (be it new, old, casual, pro etc). I can play any role and haven't settled on any (although my top lane champs are lacking). Would be cool to play with you guys (Orizio can vouch that I know how to play :P).

Add: IRLSinisteR

• Advertisement

Can't log in today at all \o/

EDIT: According to Reddit this is ALL over EU West.

EDIT: When I did log in....

2rvymtz.png

I can vouch that Sinister doesn't know how to play unless he gets OPecarim.

(huehuehue)

13 games, 11 wins. Making getting to 30 a LOT easier :p

That's done Sin.

Vietnamese account at level 11. I have a gold Philippines level 30 with skins, why can't Garena just let me port accounts? It's f*cking lame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Really getting into the game. Very enjoyable, with the exception of some of the other players. It seems that all of these players are experts on the game and make daft suggestions (try take on 3 full health enemies and such). And then they whine and try rage quit when things are not going their way. During the week I played against a guy who called a surrender vote every (what felt like) 3 minutes. Ended up wining anyway.

I used to think Twitch was trash last year, holy crap was I wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've been trying out Sivir over the last few days and really enjoying the games - even though I only really use her first ability (Boomerang Blade) or ult!

Is Mobafire the best place for champ guides?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ionapaul wrote: »
    I've been trying out Sivir over the last few days and really enjoying the games - even though I only really use her first ability (Boomerang Blade) or ult!

From what I have seen her E is one of her best abilities because carrys normally get focused in fights, especially on initiation.

lolpro.com

Also you should check HERE for all the best LoL sites.

EDIT: Also, guys, I have a question. I don't really have a lot of top lane champs (although I've been playing Kha whenever I had a chance this week) and I want to learn the role. I've been watching KiwiKid (Dignitas) streaming and he suggests that Renekton and Rumble are good top lane champs to learn (and start with) but figured I'd ask for advice from you guys. I know Orizio plays a lot of Elise but she gets banned a lot. I was considering Diana but I'm not sure if she is viable top.

• Advertisement

Elise, Kayle and Zed. And you can play them all mid as well.

Rumble is nice, although I think they nerfed his ult pretty hard.

Kold wrote: »
    I used to think Twitch was trash last year, holy crap was I wrong.

Best late game adc with ult up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If you are using a build guide please just use it as a guide. I always see people sticking to builds religiously. If you fall behind your build needs to change. And there are many many situations where your build will also need to change.

tuxy wrote: »
    If you are using a build guide please just use it as a guide. I always see people sticking to builds religiously. If you fall behind your build needs to change. And there are many many situations where your build will also need to change.

Love seeing Ninja Tabi vs AP team.

Free Champs this week:
    6300: Diana, Draven, Graves.
    4800: Renekton, Orianna.
    3150: Lux, Nidalee.
    1350: Amumu, Nasus, Zilean.
    450: N/A

SO GLAD I DIDN'T BUY DIANA TODAY. Gonna play her all week. Maybe some Draven/Renek too :) Pretty cool week tbh. Two huge junglers and some heavy DD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Added you there Sinister, Anyone else up for some games etc feel free to add me.

IGN: Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just hit 30 this morning and played 3 ranked games tonight. I cant believe how much easier ranked is at my "elo" compared to normals. Some of my enemies (allies) are just clueless, who knows what they where doing from 1-30. Blindpick normals is such a horrid place with the luck of the draw of you getting placed on the premade team or not on the premade team, or even on the premade team that is better than the other premade team. Premade....

Sivir and Tris used to be my main ADCs for a while severely underrated whilst it was all Caitlyns, Graves and Vaynes (Tris is now fotm I hear). Sivir's best skills are her e which is a hard counter to Taric, Sona, Ashe, Graves and Cait and her ult which people don't realise is AMAZING. As long with it's obvious team fight advantages it can even be used to engage and disengage almost better than an Ashe ult (which with a little reaction time, you can e every time).

I also liked her because I could build her a little differently to the then meta; Double Bloodthirster is so beastly on her and she can stack them faster than any other ADC. Get yourself a GA and PD (which had better MS back then) and you were a force to be reckoned with. The w is good too, mostly because it resets your autoattack which is great for dueling. Her passive is also great for trading in lane. Severely underplayed is Sivir. I think they overnerfed the early damage on her Q but she's still strong. If you were to play against Sivir, Blitz is terrifying because even if you can e his grab, he can W and E you. Tris and MF would also be decent picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Just hit 30 this morning and played 3 ranked games tonight. I cant believe how much easier ranked is at my "elo" compared to normals. Some of my enemies (allies) are just clueless, who knows what they where doing from 1-30. Blindpick normals is such a horrid place with the luck of the draw of you getting placed on the premade team or not on the premade team, or even on the premade team that is better than the other premade team. Premade....

That "easy" feeling will end soon when you get placed with people that think they should be that elo but fluked their placement games.

I feel the complete opposite about it, ranked I feel is much harder than normals. People i seem to meet in normals are complete trash!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

n1ck wrote: »
    That "easy" feeling will end soon when you get placed with people that think they should be that elo but fluked their placement games.

I feel the complete opposite about it, ranked I feel is much harder than normals. People i seem to meet in normals are complete trash!

Haven't played ranked myself but looking forward to trying it out. Recently i've been getting complete tards on the enemy team.

You lot voted for the European all star team yet ?

http://euw.lolesports.com/allstar

My vote was

Top - sOAZ
    Mid - Bjergsen
    ADC - CandyPanda
    Support - Krepo
    Jungle - DiamondProx

No Idea why EG Raidcall is winning basically everything. Its retarded, they're completley underperforming and their passive playstyle will be destroyed by the other regions, Koreans especially.

Advertisement