Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Trollin' at its finest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Korvanica wrote: »
    Came across a team with 5 smites once. They raped our jungles all the time and took every dragon/baron there was. They would just run in even if we were doing them and smite, smite, smite, smite, smite. "Blue Team has slain the Baron"

Was damn annoying ! Our team didnt have a buff all game. But they spent so much time messing around in juingles we outleveled and outfarmed them. Plus having various other summoner spells helped us too. It was the 2nd most mental game ive ever played.

The 1st being vs 5 briusers all with tp. Game started, they all went top, constantly tping top. The whole match was just in the toplane ... good times. Need more games like that, it was deadly fun .

At low levels troll teams with troll comps almost always seem to win, in my personal experience.

Also, anyone that plays Elise top, am I right in saying champs with lots of sustain counter her? I've only lost lanes to ap Xin, Yorick and Renekton. Seems like sustain makes my Q worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay they finally are allowing transfers from NA to EU! Now when I'm home I canbring across my mighty lvl 19 account with me!

Yay they finally are allowing transfers from NA to EU! Now when I'm home I canbring across my mighty lvl 19 account with me!

Wouldn't bother to be honest. It's fun to play on NA sometimes. You'd be better off leaving it there and just starting an EU account from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

Orizio wrote: »
    Also, anyone that plays Elise top, am I right in saying champs with lots of sustain counter her? I've only lost lanes to ap Xin, Yorick and Renekton. Seems like sustain makes my Q worthless.

They don't counter her as such, they just force her into playing more passively than she normally would, since there's no kill potential for Elise.

Yorick is probably her hardest counter, she can't do anything to him, and he'll poke through Elise's own sustain. He's able to sustain from distance too, which means you can't just zone him off the minion line as you might with Xin/Renekton. You'll most likely be forced to farm under the tower too, which drains your mana pretty fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Doesn't Yorick counter just about everyone in the top lane?

G.J. wrote: »
    They don't counter her as such, they just force her into playing more passively than she normally would, since there's no kill potential for Elise.

Yorick is probably her hardest counter, she can't do anything to him, and he'll poke through Elise's own sustain. He's able to sustain from distance too, which means you can't just zone him off the minion line as you might with Xin/Renekton. You'll most likely be forced to farm under the tower too, which drains your mana pretty fast.

Yes Yorick as Elise is basically impossible.

When I played versus Renekton last night his sustain just countered my Q, I couldn't get him even close to half-health down before I was oom, I had to cs under tower for the whole laning phase and his gap-closer/stun just made things worse. Plus their Hecarim tower dived me three times.

Nightmare stuff, definitely not picking Elise versus Renekton again. Funnily enough on 'championselect' Elise is listed as a counter to Renekton.

tuxy wrote: »
    Doesn't Yorick counter just about everyone in the top lane?

Think Renekton is supposed to be very strong against.

Yes Yorick as Elise is basically impossible.

When I played versus Renekton last night his sustain just countered my Q, I couldn't get him even close to half-health down before I was oom, I had to cs under tower for the whole laning phase and his gap-closer/stun just made things worse. Plus their Hecarim tower dived me three times.

Nightmare stuff, definitely not picking Elise versus Renekton again. Funnily enough on 'championselect' Elise is listed as a counter to Renekton.

WHAT IS THIS CHAMPIONSELECT??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Wouldn't bother to be honest. It's fun to play on NA sometimes. You'd be better off leaving it there and just starting an EU account from scratch.

Is the lag not awful?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

At low levels troll teams with troll comps almost always seem to win, in my personal experience.

Fun thing is troll comps only ever come up in 5s, so being on teamspeak is a huge advantage. Troll teams are easy enough to beat once you can coordinate quickly with your teammates.
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    To the person who mentions the 5xSmite issue, I don't see what the problem is. They have far less aggressive or defensive summoners with that tactic and if you decided to start Baron or Dragon when they are clearly all alive and just waiting to walk in and quintuple smite then you're doing something very wrong.

Do you read peoples posts or just skim over them ? We didn't bother doing dragon or braon as we learned the hard way in the early levels in our jungle, both buffs gone. Our Jungler cried... So we just let them have them and farmed 212 until we won.

Maybe my post wasn't clear enough that we won both games or something. (actually upon reading it, it wasn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I don't think this has been posted here yet.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/04/leak-potential-1v1-and-2v2-map.html

new 1v1/2v2 mode?

That could be fun, what do ye think?

Just had my quickest victory today.

27xea1l.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hahahah lee sins build....

Should probably have mentioned he did that after we /d at nexus while super minions destroyed turrets :>. They legit tried to play for 10 mins.

I'm always impressed by a good Cassiopeia player, she's so hard to play well >.<

Also, Zyra's Bulwark was unnecessary, could have kept it as an Ageis.

Cass is great, very worthwhile learning if you play mid.

• Advertisement

Don't take tips from him, though.

Reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Pantheon f*cks her face in.

Pantheon destroys everything in lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

IRLSinister would you mind cropping the screens you are throwing into the forum, we really dont need a huge image thats just a dump of your desktop.

IRLSinister would you mind cropping the screens you are throwing into the forum, we really dont need a huge image thats just a dump of your desktop.

Well said mate - well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Also if you would cut out the toxic crap talk it would be good for the lol community. It's mild compared to what I normally see while playing but so many people fall into this mindset while playing lol and don't even realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Yeah turning of all-chat was the best thing i have done in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah turning of all-chat was the best thing i have done in this game

I personally like being able to have some communication. I like the social aspect of the game and have made a few friends even on enemy teams that ive later added on skype and played with. I think the toxic aspect of the game is the supr srs neckbeards. You can climb in this game and have fun at the same time. The "I would be platinum if it wasnt for trolls" brigade are often just not good enough and are looking for excuses.

• Advertisement

Kold wrote: »
    Pantheon f*cks her face in.

I'm not too sure about that, Elise vs. Pantheon matchup should be easy enough as Elise, start Cloth 5 and just harass him out of lane.

I'd say it's more of a skill matchup than anything, either side can win the lane based on how they play it.

Advertisement