Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Paady1

im an irish player 2-3 of my friends also play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Ironically, choosing Pantheon is a really good way to learn the game. Pantheon is a really strong champ (early and mid as explained), melee based and can tank which means you last longer in team fights. He's also, commonly, used top lane which means you're a solo lane (most of the time). Combine all of the above and you have a really solid recipe to learn basic mechanics; last hitting, pushing, global ult, etc.

Good luck.

Add me in game at any time (I play A LOT) at: IRLSinisteR

PS: WHO WON BETWEEN CRS AND TSM LAST NIGHT?!

EDIT: Gotta love Reddit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone playing the LoL tourny at Arcadecon this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Anyone playing the LoL tourny at Arcadecon this year?

I'm putting a team together; Diamond 3 or higher only however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Orizio wrote: »
    I'm putting a team together; Diamond 3 or higher only however.

The signs for that are closed and have been since early this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Iv played dota a bit but not league of legends so just out of interest why do people prefer this over dota and vice versa, I'm not wanting to start a flame war but just curious. Is it because they played this first and got used to characters and styles or is there extra gameplay mechanics that are not in the other game? Or is there other reasons?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Iv played dota a bit but not league of legends so just out of interest why do people prefer this over dota and vice versa, I'm not wanting to start a flame war but just curious. Is it because they played this first and got used to characters and styles or is there extra gameplay mechanics that are not in the other game? Or is there other reasons?

I mainly prefer LoL over DOTA due to stuns in LoL not lasting for 17 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

DeSelby83 wrote: »

LoL is a lot easier for a new player to pick up. Works more intuitively and the graphics are far more clear and defined. The likes of HoN I just look at and wonder wtf is going on.

The gameplay seems more fluids in League of Legends compared to Dota2 and in Dota2 if you fall behind, you're ****ed! At least that's my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Current LCS Allstar EU standings:

Jungler: DiamondProx
    Midlane: Alex Ich
    Toplane: sOAZ
    ADC: Genja
    Support: Edward

Such a pity only 3 from any 1 team can go. If all could go we'd just be sending Gambit !

• Advertisement

So that means Snoopeh is going?

Kold wrote: »
    So that means Snoopeh is going?

Yup... :/

http://www.rtsguru.com/game/435/article/5540/Travis-Gafford-The-LCS-Pros-All-Star-Picks.html

Pretty interesting. Probably have it spot on too. Saint votes Dyrus over Voy? Also, Regi!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ravenworld

Hello guys! I am Ravenworld, player support coordinator at Riot games and I live in Dublin. As you may know, our European offices are located here. It is therefore easy to go casually and play someday at an internet cafe and have some fun! :D

If you live close by and you would like a weekend to meet up, send me your suggestions for a meeting place (an internet cafe that we could find enough computers) and I can arrange something!

You can send me your suggestions at my email: ravenworld@riotgames.com, or via facebook Ada Spiratou (Ravenworld) or my page Riot Ravenworld, at my tweeter @RiotRavenworld, in game you can find me usually on EUNE server in PlayWithRiot chat channel, on our official forums or of course right here! xD

Looking forward to your suggestions and possibly meet up with you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

can I've a job? :P

Sam is bad at all things.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭G.J.

I've been playing LoL for a little under a year now, which I know isn't long compared to how long others have played for. I'm only Silver IV, although I'm not really that interested in playing ranked, normals just seem more fun, especially when you have a five man premade.

Feel free to add me if you want, my summoner name is 'Kyubeyy'. I mainly play top/jungle, but I'm willing to play anywhere.

I also have a Raidcall group set up, it's mainly an Irish group, but we have a few English/Scottish guys in the group as well. The group ID is 5558321, come join us if you'd like!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Oooh a Rioter! We're moving up in the world!

Unfortunately as a blow in to Dublin, I don't know any good gaming café's. The only one I'm even aware of off the top of my head is the one on liffey street (Extreme? Xtreme? something like that), but I've never been in there and only know of it because of it's position between Gamers World and Games Workshop, so can't say if it's any good, or even still open...

Sycopat wrote: »
    Oooh a Rioter! We're moving up in the world!

Unfortunately as a blow in to Dublin, I don't know any good gaming café's. The only one I'm even aware of off the top of my head is the one on liffey street (Extreme? Xtreme? something like that), but I've never been in there and only know of it because of it's position between Gamers World and Games Workshop, so can't say if it's any good, or even still open...

Basing this off a very old LAN I went to I direct you towards this thread.

It was the build up of a LAN from literally nothing to something that filled the entire bottom floor and half of the top floor for over 12 hours. The gaming centre you're thinking of is the XGC (where the LAN I'm about to link took place) and it is still open. I walk by it everyday on my way to work. The location is ideal. The computers, not so much. However, the issues shouldn't be as large for LoL as they were for over 35 simultaneous log ins as they were then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76372831

@IRL_Sinister: That looks like it went pretty well, although I probably shouldn't have clicked on a link to some photo's from the event: Made me feel like an old man ;p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ascalo

@IRL_Sinister , do you happen to have a phone number? The one i found doesnt work and there website is down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Wonderboy bet me xD

A LAN would be good craic indeed.

Basing this off a very old LAN I went to I direct you towards this thread.

It was the build up of a LAN from literally nothing to something that filled the entire bottom floor and half of the top floor for over 12 hours. The gaming centre you're thinking of is the XGC (where the LAN I'm about to link took place) and it is still open. I walk by it everyday on my way to work. The location is ideal. The computers, not so much. However, the issues shouldn't be as large for LoL as they were for over 35 simultaneous log ins as they were then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=76372831

Didn't know that place was still going at all. Last time I was in there was like 2007 and it was full of xboxes downstairs . is that still the case ? or they been replaced by pcs ?

Good thing about lol is it doesnt need a beast of a computer to run.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Didn't know that place was still going at all. Last time I was in there was like 2007 and it was full of xboxes downstairs . is that still the case ? or they been replaced by pcs ?

Good thing about lol is it doesnt need a beast of a computer to run.

Consoles are upstairs. There's about 30 PCs downstairs and plenty of space for BYOC upstairs.

I do not have a phone number, can try and call in when I get a chance.

TBH XGC is a ****hole of the highest order, or it was when I was there a year ago.

Orizio wrote: »
    TBH XGC is a ****hole of the highest order, or it was when I was there a year ago.

TBH, that description can apply to every internet café I've ever been in, gaming or not ;)
    The one exception went out of business shortly after a ****tier, place opened up across the street, which was typical really.

I'm sure people are happy to consider alternatives if you know any? (Kind of surprised there haven't really been other suggestions yet.)

Just another day in YOLOq

33m2141.png

Just another day in YOLOq

<derp>

Came across a team with 5 smites once. They raped our jungles all the time and took every dragon/baron there was. They would just run in even if we were doing them and smite, smite, smite, smite, smite. "Blue Team has slain the Baron"

Was damn annoying ! Our team didnt have a buff all game. But they spent so much time messing around in juingles we outleveled and outfarmed them. Plus having various other summoner spells helped us too. It was the 2nd most mental game ive ever played.

The 1st being vs 5 briusers all with tp. Game started, they all went top, constantly tping top. The whole match was just in the toplane ... good times. Need more games like that, it was deadly fun .

Double jungle is a legit strategy in YOLOq :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What am I looking for in that pic? Typical retarded chat?
    It's the worst part of LOL :(

Advertisement