Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Just voted there!

Jungle - Diamondproxx
    Top - sOAZ
    Mid - Bjergsen
    Adc - yellowstar
    Support - edWARD (even though I love Krepo)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just hit 30 this morning and played 3 ranked games tonight. I cant believe how much easier ranked is at my "elo" compared to normals. Some of my enemies (allies) are just clueless, who knows what they where doing from 1-30. Blindpick normals is such a horrid place with the luck of the draw of you getting placed on the premade team or not on the premade team, or even on the premade team that is better than the other premade team. Premade....

Personally don't think jumping straight into Ranked is a good idea but glad to hear it's going well for you so far. I get a strange feeling it won't last too much longer.

Jungler: Virtu4l.
    Mid: Alex Ich
    Top: Soaz
    ADC: Yellowpete
    Support: Edward (although Krepo's analysis is too good).

What NA team would you pick?

I'd go with:

Top: Kiwikid/Voyboy
    Jungle: Saintvicious (even though I love Oddone!)
    Mid: Scarra
    AD: DontMashMe (LiftLift is the best mechanically in my opinion but his champion pool doesn't suit playing with anyone but ProtectDoubleLift.NA)
    Support: Patoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

n1ck wrote: »
    What NA team would you pick?

Top: Dyrus
    Jungle: Chauster
    Mid: Scarra
    AD: imaqtpie
    Support: Xpecial

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Voyboy, Oddone, Jacky, Liftlift, Patoy

Darien, Snoopeh, xPeke, Genja, Edward

• Advertisement

Also I think the euro team would sh1t on the NA team.

Kold wrote: »
    Also I think the euro team would sh1t on the NA team.

Same here, after watching both EU & NA since the LCS started, NA seems stale. None of the NA teams would stand a chance against Gambit/Fnatic. Both of whom are rated higher than any NA team.

Time will tell. Looking forward to the All Star games, one thing NA will have on their side is language and communication. In Europe we have spanish/english/russian/danish etc and not everyone is fluent in English.

I definitely think the European team would beat the NA team but the only teams with players that may have issues with language are Ozone, Gambit for 4(?) of them(alex ich can speak english) and then possibly aAa but I only see Gambit of those getting players into the team.

I definitely think the European team would beat the NA team but the only teams with players that may have issues with language are Ozone, Gambit for 4(?) of them(alex ich can speak english) and then possibly aAa but I only see Gambit of those getting players into the team.

Edwards english has improved a lot. He's streaming in English now. Hes great to watch.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Edwards english has improved a lot. He's streaming in English now. Hes great to watch.

Where does he stream? AzubuTV? I'm mostly an Oddone stream fan(even the gf laughed at some of the stuff he said!) and Krepo. Anyone have any good recommendations of an ADC to watch? I watch ROBERTxLEE but he doesn't talk at all so it makes it very boring.

• Advertisement

Where does he stream? AzubuTV? I'm mostly an Oddone stream fan(even the gf laughed at some of the stuff he said!) and Krepo. Anyone have any good recommendations of an ADC to watch? I watch ROBERTxLEE but he doesn't talk at all so it makes it very boring.

He's on Twitch. Couldn't tell you who's good to watch.

Does anyone use the chrome extension LolStreamBrowser? It used to support a few of the streaming sites and now only seems to do twitch, which is a pain.

I watch Best Riven NA and weep at how good a 14 year old is at this game. He also has decent tunes for a 14 year old, heard MF DOOM's special herbs last time I tuned in.

Also Quality Player is entertaining. (aka Best AP Trynd NA/Best AP Xin Zhao NA and atm... Best AD Karma in the world)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Destiny of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The all star voting is a joke. You can clear your cookies and vote again. And I can vote on NA as well as EU so time to try and sabotage NA voting!

It's good to see snoopeh is not top jungler in the EU vote. One of the nicest people in the lcs but probably EGs weakest link.

Edward was recently banned for 3 days and had restricted chat for awhile also.
    Many said the ban was way too harsh. While I was watching his stream he was using his restricted chat to rage at his team, so maybe not too harsh and what good use of his improved English :P

tuxy wrote: »
    It's good to see snoopeh is not top jungler in the EU vote. One of the nicest people in the lcs but probably EGs weakest link.

I highly disagree. If there was a weaklink, I'd say it's 'I play 3 champs' Wickd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bought Riven and she seems pretty fun. She's best at top right?

Bought Riven and she seems pretty fun. She's best at top right?

Yup. She does stupid damage at early levels, real snowballer.

Didn't Riven get hardcore nerfed recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Edward was recently banned for 3 days and had restricted chat for awhile also.
    Many said the ban was way too harsh. While I was watching his stream he was using his restricted chat to rage at his team, so maybe not too harsh and what good use of his improved English :P

I played my first game as Renekon earlier and didn't do very well, had a seemingly good player on my team continuously cursing me out in French - do anyone think I was wrong to file a report against him after the game? This is supposed to be a fun game and that kind of behaviour definitely puts people off, it's not as though we're playing for money :) I'm relatively thick-skinned and don't mind being told I'm terrible, but to be continuously called whore by a total stranger doesn't really float my boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Orizio wrote: »
    Didn't Riven get hardcore nerfed recently?

From reading a build guide it seems that her health regen was nerfed but she still seems decent.

Maybe she doesn't do well in higher ELOs but I'm crap so that won't matter to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

ionapaul wrote: »
    I played my first game as Renekon earlier and didn't do very well, had a seemingly good player on my team continuously cursing me out in French - do anyone think I was wrong to file a report against him after the game? This is supposed to be a fun game and that kind of behaviour definitely puts people off, it's not as though we're playing for money :) I'm relatively thick-skinned and don't mind being told I'm terrible, but to be continuously called whore by a total stranger doesn't really float my boat!

This will happen ALOT. Even if you were outplayed by your enemy lane some people just expect you to not die at all. If stuff like this gets to you maybe LoL isnt the game for you, or maybe play only with friends.

From reading a build guide it seems that her health regen was nerfed but she still seems decent.

Maybe she doesn't do well in higher ELOs but I'm crap so that won't matter to me.

I have seen her played in Diamond and Platinum games on both streams and in-game spectating, so yeah play who you like. But expect to get cursed out by your team mates if you play a certain champ outside their "meta" role

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

This will happen ALOT. Even if you were outplayed by your enemy lane some people just expect you to not die at all. If stuff like this gets to you maybe LoL isnt the game for you, or maybe play only with friends.

I don't mind that much, just wondering if I'm considered in the wrong for submitting a report on 'his' behaviour (I assume it is a he, could be wrong obviously) - I imagine if that player gets warned / chat banned temporarily and eventually mends his ways I'm actually doing a good thing for the game by not taking abuse on the chin? Or should players be free to vent in game as they see fit, as they are not exactly hurting anyone doing so - "sticks and stones" etc...

Happens everyone. Don't worry about. File a report . make sure you always comment on the report. Reports with comments are usually taken more seriously.

I play for the laugh. If you want someone to play with who doesn't rage then add me. ign: korvanica

I always report anyone who rages in chat as its nothing but counterproductive and makes the team perform worse as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone see the new Sejuanni and Trundle reworks on the test servers. Sej is actually one of my favorite junglers and this seem like a massive buff to her kit while still retaining the same playstyle which i do love. The visual rework wasn't needed but the animations look really nice so cant complain.

Never played Trundle and had zero interest in him because i hate the way he looks :P Word is that he is sleeper OP, but nobody plays him. May pick him up when his rework goes live. Shame he doesn't have a Cuban voice though :D

Hopefully we get a Sivir visual update next. She has to be the worst looking character in the game

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/23786-unofficial-pbe-patch-notes-for-4-2-2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Played my first game as Renekton today. Love him.

(a) mute him and (b) report him.

Report and mute allllllll the trolls.

Just bought Zed. Holy crap I'm just raping people. I play him kinda kamikaze and end up taking out about 3 before either flashing or W-ing out or else just dying and letting my teammates push. Was finding him pretty decent top but I tried him mid and haven't lost a game yet. The utility of the shadow is so handy but waiting for the cd and managing your energy takes a little practice.

Been going long sword+2 pots> Dorans> bruta> BF> Giants belt> Cleaver> BT/Warmogs> LW

I'm ending up using my ult on people and killing them before it even goes off.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Trundle just has a similar issue to old Karma - They can work well but they're almost impossible to place on a team. Want a bruiser? Pick something that isn't Trundle. Want a Tank? Not Trundle. Want a Mage? Better off with a Mage and not Karma. Want a support? Karma's not optimal etc etc etc

Put simply, Karma and Trundle don't really fit anywhere in the current meta. But the meta will hopefully change & they'll become a more popular pick.

I'm surprised that the double bruiser bot lane hasn't taken off yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm surprised that the double bruiser bot lane hasn't taken off yet.

That was season 1 NA afaik.
    Would both bruisers on the same team compete for farm or would one not farm?
    When it comes to team fights you're left with 2 champs with lower tier builds than the enemy or one bruiser with no items.

• Advertisement

That was season 1 NA afaik.
    Would both bruisers on the same team compete for farm or would one not farm?
    When it comes to team fights you're left with 2 champs with lower tier builds than the enemy or one bruiser with no items.

I meant again :/ I think a good few pros have mentioned it being quite viable these days. Although that might have been when BORK and Warmogs were OP.

And its true yea that 2 bruisers cant do the same DPS as an ADC with 3 full items. But 2 bruisers means the ADC will have a hard time surviving in teamfights unless their team can peel 4/5 champs off them.

Advertisement