Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Weigh in later, absolutely dreading it in case I'm disappointed! I tracked all week and got out walking a few times too but I used all my weeklies (though not my exercise pps).

I just want to get on the scales and find out one way or another! :o

I feel your pain!!! I have WI tonight too and I know I was good but the balancing act with the weeklies and activity pp always make me nervous. I have gained 30 activity pp and used 23 weeklies. My scales at home has me teetering between 2lb down and 1lb up... so Im always nervy.... 6:30 this evening can't come soon enough....
    Baby75 wrote: »
    I know that feeling :)

my WI in tomorrow after a 2 pound up last week from no were! due TOTM any day now, so not feeling to hopeful this week I am normally up 1.5 the week they are due! ah well I may be pleasantly surprised I hope! :)

My TOTM is on the missing list at the mo... Always been very irregular anyway but had started to sort itself out over the last few months, but alas... no sign.... definitely not another one on the way though, checked and triple checked! :D ... im more worried about the fact that i could be retaining for weeks and weeks in between each one which will play havoc with my WW progress. Have a hens in 6 weeks that I want to be into the mid tens for (that would be about 6-8lb from where I am now) and then a wedding in 12 weeks that i want to be seeing the back of the tens for... works out around the 1-1.5lb per week mark... I would be doable if the TOTM would fix itself.... for the love of god!!! hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Has anyone tried the Easter Aero Mint Lambs? They are 4pp and they are delicious. A real treat for the 4pp. They dont seem big but because there is so much of the minty centre they are pretty satisfying! Just had one there while sitting out in the sun! Yumyum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Just had a yummy ham, sweet chilli, lettuce and red pepper roll for an 8pp lunch was well yummy.. although i could eat another one!! :) loving the sun shine but only get to enjoy it after 6.. will go out for a walk when i get home tonight.. which is very unlike me, went for one yesterday evening loved all the lambs maaing and the sun shining sometimes we forget what we have outside till the sun comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

I have this app on my phone, but was just on the website - has the nutritional values of everything you can think of on there, even by brand. Had a Cornetto Enigma at lunchtime & wanted to check out how many pp, it was on there! Worth checking out!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calorie-chart-nutrition-facts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

ali85 wrote: »
    I feel your pain!!! I have WI tonight too and I know I was good but the balancing act with the weeklies and activity pp always make me nervous. I have gained 30 activity pp and used 23 weeklies. My scales at home has me teetering between 2lb down and 1lb up... so Im always nervy.... 6:30 this evening can't come soon enough....

My TOTM is on the missing list at the mo... Always been very irregular anyway but had started to sort itself out over the last few months, but alas... no sign.... definitely not another one on the way though, checked and triple checked! :D ... im more worried about the fact that i could be retaining for weeks and weeks in between each one which will play havoc with my WW progress. Have a hens in 6 weeks that I want to be into the mid tens for (that would be about 6-8lb from where I am now) and then a wedding in 12 weeks that i want to be seeing the back of the tens for... works out around the 1-1.5lb per week mark... I would be doable if the TOTM would fix itself.... for the love of god!!! hahaha

Good luck to night
    LOL that made me giggle :) horrible when they decided to be MIA and has you second guessing your self :) mine are normally very regular but since I had baby and they only recently come back they are irregular so I worry about fluid build up leading up to them and then holding on to more when they do not arrive :cool:

I just totaling my Weeklies up, plus my activity Points I have 28 of them and have used 17 weeklies!!! Im thinking I may have not eaten enough now! :confused: trying to remember did I eat any thing else and forget to eat it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I actually did the Davina Ultimate Target last night after the 30 Day Shred. I did the fat burn section and boy did I sweat buckets. It's not as difficult as Jillians but it is tough in that you are moving constantly. I could really feel the effect they both had on my body this morning and I took my inches and I lost another inch on my belly, waist and hips and a half inch on my thighs :D On the downside I was up a lb on the scales so really hope that'll be gone by WI this evening!!
    Hope your WI went well and good luck to everyone else weighing in today!

Did the fat burn myself a while ago.... it's tough going- like you say- constantly on the move... poor baby didn't know what was going on, with mammy bouncing around in front of him like a lunatic!!!

Had a good WI- -2lb. Hurrah! It's such a nice feeling! Having my homemade burgers this eve, and oven chips.... small dip into the weeklies, but not too bad- and waaaaay nicer than any chipper food! Nom Nom!!!

ck83 wrote: »
    Did the fat burn myself a while ago.... it's tough going- like you say- constantly on the move... poor baby didn't know what was going on, with mammy bouncing around in front of him like a lunatic!!!

Had a good WI- -2lb. Hurrah! It's such a nice feeling! Having my homemade burgers this eve, and oven chips.... small dip into the weeklies, but not too bad- and waaaaay nicer than any chipper food! Nom Nom!!!

Snap!!! Just back from WI.... down 2!!! :D Im 11st exactly now! i WILL have that 3rd silver 7 next week!!! half a pound away. I have 20.5lb gone so far... another 20 to go... give or take... ;)

Well done CK!! :D Enjoy them burgers they sound GORGEOUS! I love homemade burgers!!!! I can't decide what to have tonight, I got WW bread rolls so I am having one of them now with some low fat campbells mushroom soup... not bad for 4pp... will still have 12 dailies left so might treat myself to the skinny pizza from four star with home made wedgies for the 12pp... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Mmm just had a gorgeous prawn stir fry with the blue dragon Szechuan sauce and the slim noodles. Absolutely delicious!!

Can anyone tell me what the difference between king and tiger prawns pp wise. I got a pack of cooked peeled king prawns. The book said 100g is 3pp but 100g of tiger are only 2pp. For king prawns the bookmjust says cooked, but for the tiger it says cooked and peeled. Could they mean 100g king with their shells? I cant imagine there being a huge difference between the types of prawns.
    There was 175g in the packet I bought and when I calculated I got 3pp for the whole pack. I am very confused! But will prob go with what the pack said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hello peeps! Not been on this thread all week, so a lot of catching up this evening! :p
    I always do my WI at home on a Wednesday morning - this morning no different, but I didn't like the result so I did it again this evening :o - No difference! I am 1 up :( Not surprising because I've been a complete mess the last few weeks, overindulging and then killing myself to gain back some good, so it was bound to catch up with me. Also, it's TOTM, so overall, things could be a lot worse than being 1 up I guess. Nevertheless, it's a big kick up the backside for me that I definitely needed! ;)

Note to self: - Stay glued to this thread for the week ahead!! :D

On the plus side, today, I was 'tagged' on facebook, from a friends photo taken at her Birthday party - definitely look skinnier, I was kinda shocked myself! :eek: But that damn spare tyre! :( Anyway, still it was nice because I always shy away from getting caught by the camera, and that's solely been down to my weight the last few years. :mad:

Good on ye all for the losses and the STS's - and for those that gained a little, like myself, tomorrow is another day! Onwards & Upwards, sorry - Downwards!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Stayed the same tonight. Argh better luck next week. Have a wedding on Saturday will have to be as good as i can the days inbetween.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

What a day! Feeling very hungry!

The sun shining makes ice cream a necessity right?? :(
    All the cues for the cone machiene were soo long in town, so we ended up in Supermacs!! And I found myself tucking into a caramel swirly!!!!

God knows how unfriendly they are to us weight watchers, I can't find any pp!!

The BIGGER problem is I had a subway for lunch, low fat but still 11pp!
    I recluctantly turned down the offer of chipper chips so at least I have done ONE thing right!

Today was day 3 of my new job and I am SO tired! I'm using my tiredness as an excuse for the hunger! At least it's only Wednesday! Almost a full week to undo the damage!

Am I right in thinking these are only 1PP each? :eek: They are yummy! :D And there's popping candy on the top of them! :D (I am SUCH a big child!)

http://www.loveicecream.com/ie_en/products/default.aspx?brand=xpop&subbrand=xpop&product=3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi, hope everyone's WI is going well, i had 2.5lbs of 2nite, finally made my 50LB:D:D:D
    3 stone 9.5lb gone now - 4.5lb to go to make my 4th Stone

i now weight 12 stone 9.5lbs - almost breaking into the low 12's - next stop 11 something:D:D:D:D:D:D

messrs wrote: »
    Hi, hope everyone's WI is going well, i had 2.5lbs of 2nite, finally made my 50LB:D:D:D

i now weight 12 stone 9.5lbs - almost breaking into the low 12's - next stop 11 something:D:D:D:D:D:D

Wow - good on ya messrs! That is flipping great! :D Huge loss! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    What a day! Feeling very hungry!

The sun shining makes ice cream a necessity right?? :(
    All the cues for the cone machiene were soo long in town, so we ended up in Supermacs!! And I found myself tucking into a caramel swirly!!!!

God knows how unfriendly they are to us weight watchers, I can't find any pp!!

The BIGGER problem is I had a subway for lunch, low fat but still 11pp!
    I recluctantly turned down the offer of chipper chips so at least I have done ONE thing right!

Today was day 3 of my new job and I am SO tired! I'm using my tiredness as an excuse for the hunger! At least it's only Wednesday! Almost a full week to undo the damage!

Hi, thinking of getting subway tomorrow for lunch. Just wondering what u had that was 11pp? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Well done Ali, CK and Chliodhna on AMAZING results!!! Fair play to ye and everyone else out there!!! :D
    twirlagig wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking these are only 1PP each? :eek: They are yummy! :D And there's popping candy on the top of them! :D (I am SUCH a big child!)

http://www.loveicecream.com/ie_en/products/default.aspx?brand=xpop&subbrand=xpop&product=3

Hmm never tried these but will have to now! Its definitely icecream weather. My little wheelie thingy measures them at only 1pp too - just seems too good to be true!!! :eek:
    i've six lb to the half way point.... i only realised that the other day. it's a nice second mini-goal to focus on!

Four pounds to my half way point - didn't realise it til I read your post and worked it out! The more mini-goals the better, it just makes it so much more achievable! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of getting subway tomorrow for lunch. Just wondering what u had that was 11pp? :-)

I got the 6inch Sweet Onion Chicken Teryaki, on wheat bread, no cheese, with lettuce and pickles /gherkin..
    It's 9 for the sandwich, I usually get a small bit of light mayo (1pp) And a small bit of sweet onion sauce (1pp)

You'll have to make sure they only put a small bit of each sauce on cause they usually pour it on thick =)

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Boop22 wrote: »

I got the 6inch Sweet Onion Chicken Teryaki, on wheat bread, no cheese, with lettuce and pickles /gherkin..
    It's 9 for the sandwich, I usually get a small bit of light mayo (1pp) And a small bit of sweet onion sauce (1pp)

You'll have to make sure they only put a small bit of each sauce on cause they usually pour it on thick =)

Thanks a mill. In my pre ww days I used to get turkey and ham sub (7pp I think) but it would have peppered cheese and south west sauce which Is the highest of all the sauces. Think I better rethink my choices. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Wow messrs really well done, such a massive achievement,

JudyD wrote: »
    Hmm never tried these but will have to now! Its definitely icecream weather. My little wheelie thingy measures them at only 1pp too - just seems too good to be true!!! :eek:

They're lovely Judy - never heard of them up to today, just spotted them in the ice-cream fridge and saw 'only 45 cals' - Lovely treat in this weather! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well done, must be a great feeling :) amazing weight loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Just wondering would anyone know what intensity a body tone class would b we use arm weights and stability ball woth loads of sit ups!! Can't seem to get activity points right

Also the low fat frozen yogurt in aldi is fab and only 1pp per 30g 3pp per 100 if u mix with fruit it's a huge portion and tastes exactly like ice cream!

ali85 wrote: »

Snap!!! Just back from WI.... down 2!!! :D Im 11st exactly now! i WILL have that 3rd silver 7 next week!!! half a pound away. I have 20.5lb gone so far... another 20 to go... give or take... ;)

Well done CK!! :D Enjoy them burgers they sound GORGEOUS! I love homemade burgers!!!! I can't decide what to have tonight, I got WW bread rolls so I am having one of them now with some low fat campbells mushroom soup... not bad for 4pp... will still have 12 dailies left so might treat myself to the skinny pizza from four star with home made wedgies for the 12pp... :D

Wow! The half way mark! Congratulations :)

A-MAZ-ING !!! :)

jesus folks... there are some great movement today!!! and yesterday!!!

This is really helping me. 41.5lbs seemed sooooo much to overcome... now less than 3months on i am exactly half way there... this thread is a godsend. it keeps me in check between WIs and classes.

People having good weeks, people having bad weeks... it makes me feel normal. That no one gets on WW and loses their weight in half stone chunks each week....

thanks soooooo much folks.... im getting their one step at a time.... :D

weight.png

Just wondering would anyone know what intensity a body tone class would b we use arm weights and stability ball woth loads of sit ups!! Can't seem to get activity points right

Also the low fat frozen yogurt in aldi is fab and only 1pp per 30g 3pp per 100 if u mix with fruit it's a huge portion and tastes exactly like ice cream!

I love their frozen yoghurt too! It's quite the saviour at times ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

For the ice cream lovers weight watchers do these strawberry ice creams that come in a little tub. 4 in a pack and they are two points each. They also do mini magnum type lollies 8 in a pack 4 white chocolate and 4 dark with a vanilla ice cream in the centre. 2 or 3pts each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Well...weighed in a day early this week and well...up a half *sigh*

Was up 3 last week after a notorius Paddy's blowout and am now 7 and a HALF pounds from goal instead of 4.5 two weeks ago.
    I am determined to be down next week and feel this week wasn't deserved so could be a combo of being a day early, a different class AND being so so tired with the clocks and weather etc.
    Onwards and downwards ( I HOPE):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

JudyD wrote: »
    Well done Ali, CK and Chliodhna on AMAZING results!!! Fair play to ye and everyone else out there!!! :D
    twirlagig wrote: »

i've six lb to the half way point.... i only realised that the other day. it's a nice second mini-goal to focus on!

Four pounds to my half way point - didn't realise it til I read your post and worked it out! The more mini-goals the better, it just makes it so much more achievable! :)

I just rechecked and realised I counted wrong :( it was 8 to my halfway! Now it's six. Gggrrr. Anyhoo- I'm feeling an awful lot more positive this week than I was last. I'll get there! We all will, ladies and gents!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I was down 2 this week. I kind of had hoped for more because my first week usually results in a good kickstart drop.

On the plus side, it's going in the right direction! If I did that every week I would be down 2 stone in just over 3 months! Ha!

Gonna step it up this week, keep up my tracking but up the walking.

Well done to everyone today, you all seem to be doing so well!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement