Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

A lot of supermarkets have it, it should be with the creme fraiche in the chilled dept. I've never had a problem getting it.

I've looked out for it in superquinn and spar and no luck.

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    I've looked out for it in superquinn and spar and no luck.

Are you sure?

I usually get it in the tesco close to me or in dunnes. Both places always have it. Tesco do their own brand one there. I dont use it that often so it wouldnt be a weekly thing on my shopping list. But if ive needed it for a recipe ive always been able to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I usually get it in the tesco close to me or in dunnes. Both places always have it. Tesco do their own brand one there. I dont use it that often so it wouldnt be a weekly thing on my shopping list. But if ive needed it for a recipe ive always been able to get it.

Thanks so much!
    Will definately try Tescos later! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Hey everyone!
    Have weigh in tomorrow. I've a feeling I'll be up or sts. It's really annoying that the week before my TOTM since I've joined has either had me up or sts. I'm 2lbs away from my two stone loss so I was really good this week but hey, I guess the body works in mysterious ways!

It's funny, unlike you guys I'm finding the good weather a de-motivator! :o On a regular day when I go for my walk I'm already sweating buckets and feel all hot and bothered! Now with the sun out I'm ten times worse and feel crap once I finish! The sun doesn't agree with me at all! Plus yesterday when it was really nice I couldn't pass up the chance to go into town and have a glass of wine on a terrace! The sun definitely makes me lazy! (And burnt! :( ) I was even wearing factor 50+!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey everyone!
    Have weigh in tomorrow. I've a feeling I'll be up or sts. It's really annoying that the week before my TOTM since I've joined has either had me up or sts. I'm 2lbs away from my two stone loss so I was really good this week but hey, I guess the body works in mysterious ways!

It's funny, unlike you guys I'm finding the good weather a de-motivator! :o On a regular day when I go for my walk I'm already sweating buckets and feel all hot and bothered! Now with the sun out I'm ten times worse and feel crap once I finish! The sun doesn't agree with me at all! Plus yesterday when it was really nice I couldn't pass up the chance to go into town and have a glass of wine on a terrace! The sun definitely makes me lazy! (And burnt! :( ) I was even wearing factor 50+!!

My twin! I hate the sun and heat. Went out for an hour walk yesterday and was miserable all the way through it and for ages after I got home. The heat puts me in a foul humour. On a day off from work today and all I have done is sit on my a*se!! Can't bring myself to go outside lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Monife wrote: »
    My twin! I hate the sun and heat. Went out for an hour walk yesterday and was miserable all the way through it and for ages after I got home. The heat puts me in a foul humour. On a day off from work today and all I have done is sit on my a*se!! Can't bring myself to go outside lol

Lol! It thought I was the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Boop22 wrote: »
    Thanks girls. I remember there was a receipe in the "Pro U" book that I got in class about 3 or 4 weeks ago, must root it out when I get home. I'm thinking it can't be that high pp wise if it's in a ww book:)

Need some new ideas for dinners as I am kinda getting a bit fed up of stir frys at this stage! Have only used 5 weeklies so far this week so hoping for a good loss this week after my 2.5 pound gain last week :o The weather being like this makes it so much easier to go out and exercise. Can't wait to finish work and hit the park for a walk, loving the longer evenings:D

@Tiny Penguin the one I got was in a packet in the aisle with all the dried pasta. It says to cook it in boiling water for 3 mins until it rises to the top?!?

Hi Boop - I just tried that recipe last week and it was YUMMY! Its in the ProU Edition 2 Feb 2012 on page 7. It only takes 15mins to prep & cook so brilliant for after work or a day you're wrecked. The other thing I love about it is that the parma ham, gnocchi and cheese (your staple ingredients) will last for ages in the press/fridge so its something you can whip together at short notice without having to plan ahead. The spinach is something I wouldn't usually have in the house but I hear you can buy frozen spinach so thats my plan for short notice dishes from now on! Hope you like it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea where I can get half fat creme fresh?

I've never even heard of it but it's in ye weight watchers journal.

Use creme fresh in most of my meals and can't believe 1 tbsp is 3PP :(

Tesco have a few low fats brands of creme fraiche.

Well I think Ice fallen off the wagon and landed on my head. I haven't tracked in about 3 weeks & didn't go to my WI last week. I'v no inclination to go in case I'm up or STS coz my new leader gives me no motivation whatsoever. Feeling a bit sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Well I think Ice fallen off the wagon and landed on my head. I haven't tracked in about 3 weeks & didn't go to my WI last week. I'v no inclination to go in case I'm up or STS coz my new leader gives me no motivation whatsoever. Feeling a bit sad.

Sorry to hear you're feeling blue! :( But hey, nobodys perfect and life is certainly not a bed of roses. Don't beat yourself up. Put it behind you and start afresh! Maybe if you find your own source of motivation - whatever does it for you: success stories/reading this thread/photos of yourself/clothes you want to fit into (just a few of the things that keep me going). You've done so well up to now. Pat yourself on the back and get back on our ww wagon baileypants - we'd be lonely without you!!! :)

• Advertisement

First thing to do to get back on the wagon is GO TO YOUR MEETING!! Whether you are up, STS or pleasantly surprised, you need to go to your meeting to draw a line under everything. Stay for your class and if the leaders chat is not motivating, try changing classes (it's worked for me so far). Try and remember why you wanted to lose weight, try and visualise yourself with all the weight gone and how happy you will be and to be able to buy nice clothes and look and feel good. Start tracking again. By not tracking honestly, you are fooling no one but yourself.

If you have a bad day, try not to turn it into a bad week. If you slip and have a binge, draw a line under it and try and shake the guilt off. Feeling hugely guilty will only send you into a downward spiral. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, but you need to learn from them and try and be a bit more positive :)

Hope that helps a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

After a well deserved STS at last weekend I'm determined to be down at tomorrow's nights weigh in! :p

Started an internship today so i'm looking forward to having a routine foodwise, and lifestyle wise! Not so looking forward to the effort of making lunches for everyday but i'm going to do my best as I'm not gonna wreck my efforts by going for a deli made sandwich that I can't use light mayo and the likes :D

Good luck to everyone for the coming week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I agree with everything Monife has said. You are doing this for you and not for your leader so just go step on the scale and take what it says and move on. If you don't it'll be so much harder to draw a line under the binge. We all have binges. It's a part of life. What is important is what you do after the binge. You can keep binging and gain back all the weight you have loss or you can keep going and reach all the goals you have set for yourself. Weight loss is a journey not a race.

*I'm also writing that for myself because I've struggled big time today. But I looked at my total inch loss since Jan and I've lost 11 inches which is huge even though the scales have not reflected that. The scales have been getting me down so I've decided to just focus on eating properly and keep looking at the inches. My 30 Day Shred arrived today so I can't wait to give it a go with my Davina DVDs. Its supposed to be amazing so hopefully it'll work!!

JudyD wrote: »

Sorry to hear you're feeling blue! :( But hey, nobodys perfect and life is certainly not a bed of roses. Don't beat yourself up. Put it behind you and start afresh! Maybe if you find your own source of motivation - whatever does it for you: success stories/reading this thread/photos of yourself/clothes you want to fit into (just a few of the things that keep me going). You've done so well up to now. Pat yourself on the back and get back on our ww wagon baileypants - we'd be lonely without you!!! :)

Awh thanks Judy. Think I'll find another meeting alright. Had a great leader but I had to change my days unfortunately. I'll try & do better food wise & find a new meeting x

Monife wrote: »

First thing to do to get back on the wagon is GO TO YOUR MEETING!! Whether you are up, STS or pleasantly surprised, you need to go to your meeting to draw a line under everything. Stay for your class and if the leaders chat is not motivating, try changing classes (it's worked for me so far). Try and remember why you wanted to lose weight, try and visualise yourself with all the weight gone and how happy you will be and to be able to buy nice clothes and look and feel good. Start tracking again. By not tracking honestly, you are fooling no one but yourself.

If you have a bad day, try not to turn it into a bad week. If you slip and have a binge, draw a line under it and try and shake the guilt off. Feeling hugely guilty will only send you into a downward spiral. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, but you need to learn from them and try and be a bit more positive :)

Hope that helps a bit :)

Thanks for the tips Monife. Will try to do better in the coming days.

Has anyone tried the slim noodles? Ha them tonight and while they don't taste like much, with a stir fry sauces they do the job for 0pp! Wanna try the pasta next.

Though I got the blue dragon chilli coconut sauce (think its new) 3 pro points for the whole sachet and 2 for half. But it was the spiciest thing I have ever eaten in my life. And I like chilli a lot, love all things spicy and I still had to mix a bit of yoghurt in. So I think my taste buds had been killed.

What are these Slim Noodles you speak of =)

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    What are these Slim Noodles you speak of =)

You get them in health food shops. They are noodles and pasta made of some sort of vegetable matter and they are 0pp. There is like 11 calories per hundred grams. Good for a meal filler but not gonna be the same as the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭dubgirl15

Can someone post the recipe with Parma and spinach? Sounds lovely !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

Weight watchers carrot cakes are to die for! One is just not enough. I also got the banoffi desert that you mix with milk. Its ok 1pt for a serving. Got the custurd to try as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Well that was a bit of a shocker.. Up 3lbs. Have never been up that much and was actually expecting a loss this week, was pretty good. Thinking it could be down to 2 factors, 1 with the bank holiday I had to change my WI to tuesday morning last week instead of Monday evening, I lost a strange 4lbs last week. And 2 I've been running a good bit this week but maybe not drinking as much water as my body needs, thus making it feel the need to retain water? Annoying and a bit of a shock to the system but I guess I'll take it in my stride......

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Im in the same boat, i weighed myself on sat....up5 >:(
    BUT got back on the wagon 2day and as an extra bit of motivation im going getin myself a shiny new notebook tomorrow for my tracking so i can really start afresh.
    Tis week wil b tough tho, iv family coming home from the us for a confirmation on fri so theres goin to be a few family gatherings, and my family, well lets jus say we likes our food, so will hav 2 try and be as good as i can and up the exercise!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Taz1 wrote: »
    Well that was a bit of a shocker.. Up 3lbs. Have never been up that much and was actually expecting a loss this week, was pretty good. Thinking it could be down to 2 factors, 1 with the bank holiday I had to change my WI to tuesday morning last week instead of Monday evening, I lost a strange 4lbs last week. And 2 I've been running a good bit this week but maybe not drinking as much water as my body needs, thus making it feel the need to retain water? Annoying and a bit of a shock to the system but I guess I'll take it in my stride......

Fair play to you taking it so well!!!:)
    Have you one of those scales that show weight, body% and water last week when I got a 2 pound gain I could see my fat% was down but my water was very high compared what it is normally! made me feel a bit better when I knew I was good and should have lost! I wondered was it down to lack of sleep as well.

Just finished a really tasty dinner of homemade tikka wedges and chicken in a homemade tomato sauce with mozzerella for 9pp!

Followed by a VERY yummy dessert of tesco light choices choc mousse, 3 sliced strawberries and 10g of spray cream! For 3pp!!!

No deprivation on this diet =)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Just finished a really tasty dinner of homemade tikka wedges and chicken in a homemade tomato sauce with mozzerella for 9pp!

Followed by a VERY yummy dessert of tesco light choices choc mousse, 3 sliced strawberries and 10g of spray cream! For 3pp!!!

No deprivation on this diet =)

Would you mind posting the recipe for that dinner, sounds nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

JudyD wrote: »
    Hi Boop - I just tried that recipe last week and it was YUMMY! Its in the ProU Edition 2 Feb 2012 on page 7. It only takes 15mins to prep & cook so brilliant for after work or a day you're wrecked. The other thing I love about it is that the parma ham, gnocchi and cheese (your staple ingredients) will last for ages in the press/fridge so its something you can whip together at short notice without having to plan ahead. The spinach is something I wouldn't usually have in the house but I hear you can buy frozen spinach so thats my plan for short notice dishes from now on! Hope you like it. :)

Thanks Judy, just found it. Here is the receipe below for anyone who is interested...

12pp per serving (serves 2)

350g Gnocchi
    Calorie controlled cooking spray
    50g Parma Ham
    150g baby leaf spinach
    40g Gorgonzola, chopped
    15g chopped walnuts

- Cook gnocchi in boiling water for 3-4 mins until it start to raise to the surface, drain thoroughly and set aside
    - Mist a deep frying pan with cooking spray and add gnocchi. Fry for 2-3 mins until brown. Add Parma ham, stirring until crisp.
    - Add the spinach stirring until wilted. Stir in the Gorgonzola. Season with black pepper. Split between 2 plates and divide walnuts between servings.

....Was just googling those slim noodles. Deffo gonna give them a shot over the weekend. Can't believe they are 0pp hopefully they are nice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well hello there everybody! Haven't been on in a while, up to my eyeballs in college and life's a bit crazy at the mo! Still hovering around the same weight and had a week long break after Paddy's! Back on the wagon since this morning so here's for a good week! way too many pages to read back on so hope ye are all doing ok :D

Taz1 wrote: »

I would say that is definitely due to weighing in on a morning last week. So I would take that as a STS last week and a loss of 1lb this week or vice versa :) You will be down next week for sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone!!

I'm back picking urgh !!! Why is it that when the scales don't show what they should I lose the plot! I have been quite healthy just picking a bit it's very annoying! Starting my new plan in the gym tonight so hopefully I get through it! :-) hope you are all havin a good week :-)

• Advertisement

Ok, so this is the last week of my course before my exams, so I'm going to find a new class next week. I've brought with me to work today a fruit salad I made of pineapple, peach & kiwi, I also brought 2 bananas, 2 satsumas & 2 apples, 2 of the 2 pp cereal bars from Aldi & a brown bread sandwich (mccambridges) of a ham joint I made last nite with a bit of low fat spread. Hopefully getting back on the wagon. Thanks for all the support x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement