Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I was out in blanchardstown today and I went into that Dealz place and got sooooo many goodies...

WW part baked rolls, the WW mini cheddars, WW beans, bagels, loadsa the biccies... its really good... so cheap.. got bag loadsa stuff!!!

and got my size 12 jeans in penneys too!!! :D:D:D still a bit tight but i will work my way into them properly!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

not so good a wi in weight watchers this week, up 2 :eek: whoops but just have a feeling its not a real up! think Its from lack of sleep sick kids not sleeping, not eating enough and bout of IBS pain but so far so good and Im hoping Im down at least 1 pound on WI :) hey on a good note my leader was very good about my gain and said I have it gone in no time :) she been much better lately!

does the clock change effect any one else! I am getting very little sleep with a sick baby and 3 year old but even though I am shattered Im waking at 6 every morning this week driving me mad! any one else!

Oh my dad got some chocolate eclairs in tesco pointed them at 4pp not bad enjoyed one :)

Ali deadly on the new jeans!!!! I need some as well mine are to lose keep falling down now!

sorry about the long post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ck83 wrote: »
    Its Davina's ultimate target... it's not bad. didn't do too much today, as was for a walk this am, and only got half way through the ab bit when the baby kicked up, but i'll def be putting it on daily from now on!!

I have that but haven't used it yet. I plan on starting it this week when everyone is out! I have heard it's tougher than her previous ones. Hopefully it is as I'm getting used to the other ones.

Ali well done on the jeans. Non scale victories really make this journey worthwhile when you see how your losses effect you in the real world :)

I took my inches again today as I haven't done any exercise at all yet this week but I was shocked as the inches have gone down again :) I'm more focusing on inches atm as my weight loss has really slowed down recently.

Has anyone done Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred? I ordered it on Amazon to help me get ready for my holiday in May. I want to use it along with my Davina DVDs. I wonder is it as good as it's made out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

ali85 wrote: »
    I was out in blanchardstown today and I went into that Dealz place and got sooooo many goodies...

WW part baked rolls, the WW mini cheddars, WW beans, bagels, loadsa the biccies... its really good... so cheap.. got bag loadsa stuff!!!

and got my size 12 jeans in penneys too!!! :D:D:D still a bit tight but i will work my way into them properly!!! :D:D

Ali, are the WW bagels and beans cheap out there or would they be the same price as Dunnes/Tesco?

btw thats great news re your jeans:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Had a steak sandwich with salad today and a winter berry crumble... Just wiped out my weeklies was worth it they brought out chips with it and I asked for salad instead felt very good usually I'd just eat the chips! I put in denim shorts I baught last September today over tights there size 16 they fell down when I was running up the stairs.. What a difference 6 months makes!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

I had a bad day today :(

How many points would you allow for a 12 inch pizza, thin base with rocket, mozerella, onion and sun dried tomatoe and a drizzle of chilli oil from Casa Pasta?

I was going to give it 15? Dreamer or on target?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Had an unexpected Eddie Rockets today, got a tenders basket with diet coke which would have been okay if I didn't order a garlic mayo on the side, its just too damn good! Think it points at around 22pp in total (regular fries are 14pp but i had about 3/4s of that portion and its 11 pp for 6 tenders, the basket only has 3, and then garlic mayo is 7 - does that seem like an honest enough guesstimation? Was good for the rest of the day though, had a ww slice of toast with banana for breakfast and then a bowl of fruit with yoghurt for tea, followed by rice cakes and some choc philly. Fingers crossed I haven't undone my weeks hard work... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Taz1 wrote: »
    Had an unexpected Eddie Rockets today, got a tenders basket with diet coke which would have been okay if I didn't order a garlic mayo on the side, its just too damn good! Think it points at around 22pp in total (regular fries are 14pp but i had about 3/4s of that portion and its 11 pp for 6 tenders, the basket only has 3, and then garlic mayo is 7 - does that seem like an honest enough guesstimation? Was good for the rest of the day though, had a ww slice of toast with banana for breakfast and then a bowl of fruit with yoghurt for tea, followed by rice cakes and some choc philly. Fingers crossed I haven't undone my weeks hard work... :confused:

I'd say you're spot on with that guestimation :) Oh their garlic sauce is a must when you're there, it is to die for!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Had a steak sandwich with salad today and a winter berry crumble... Just wiped out my weeklies was worth it they brought out chips with it and I asked for salad instead felt very good usually I'd just eat the chips! I put in denim shorts I baught last September today over tights there size 16 they fell down when I was running up the stairs.. What a difference 6 months makes!!
    All the new clothes can be costly, but such s good feeling! I'm working my way through the outgrown clothes that have been living in my attic. That pile has been ever expanding for a while- especially last year when I was pregnant.
    Last christmas, when I was sorting a few bits, I declared that anything that was still up there next Christmas, and not fitting me was going to be thrown out- hopefully I'll only be sending things to the charity shop because they're too big!

messrs wrote: »
    Ali, are the WW bagels and beans cheap out there or would they be the same price as Dunnes/Tesco?

btw thats great news re your jeans:D:D:D

They are all €1.49.... :D sooooo tasty!!! That dealz place is brilliant! I know they opened one in Omni a few weeks ago too...

Thanks messrs.... Still have muffin top... but im working on it.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Tried on my smaller jeans today and they fit. And not only do they fit but there is only a small muffin top! Last time I weighed this much they were definitely tighter on me, so my body is def changing for the better. Was sure they wouldn't fit or be really tight!

What a day what a day!

Was soooo lovely out, me and my sister went running around the park... Well walking, joggin and running for 50 mins.... then i hit the Wii fit this evening for 50 mins. Between the two of them I made 10 activity points. Really pleased with that.

Have gained 21 activity pp and used 20 weeklies so far.... hoping for good results on the scales this week.... fingers crossed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Tried on my smaller jeans today and they fit. And not only do they fit but there is only a small muffin top! Last time I weighed this much they were definitely tighter on me, so my body is def changing for the better. Was sure they wouldn't fit or be really tight!

Hurrah! nothing like it! I'm doing an attic run tomorrow.... i'm also doing a severe ab attack... my jeans are getting too big around the thighs, but still only just right around the waste... i think it's a post baby body change!!!
    What a day what a day!

Was soooo lovely out, me and my sister went running around the park... Well walking, joggin and running for 50 mins.... then i hit the Wii fit this evening for 50 mins. Between the two of them I made 10 activity points. Really pleased with that.

Have gained 21 activity pp and used 20 weeklies so far.... hoping for good results on the scales this week.... fingers crossed...

what a day is right... and it's to continue... no excuse for me not getting out and about a LOT tomorrow and tue!!! I plan on continuing to wear down those wheels on the buggy!!!
    i'm having a so so week.... my motivation has definitely slid the last couple of weeks. i'm trying to remind myself of the non scales (and indeed the scales based) achievements over the last 11 weeks.... I've worked haaaard for those 30lb.... i think the STS has put me off.... even though it was quite the achievement really....i cannot throw it away at this point... i'm almost half way there... i need to remember the magic number 14. i really want to see that again! I think setting it as my week after easter goal was a mistake though.... a tad unrealistic- and that's whats throwing me.... i'm subconsciously saying... "sure you wont achieve that, don't bother trying".
    Right. Soup is made for tomorrows lunch (thanks mammy). This week... no Wednesday treats- that's not a healthy lifestyle. that's just being silly. and I'm going to retrieve my F+H booklet from the friend I lent it to, and i'm going to have a F+H day. I think my body needs me to mix things up a little bit. I don't want it to get used to the same old ding dong.
    And davina... me and davina are targeting abs tomorrow... and tuesday... and wednesday.... and so on!
    Wish me luck.... I am NOT jumping off this wagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

What a day what a day!

Would love your energy!! Went out for an hour walk today and was wrecked when I got back. Although, I half blame the heat for that, me and heat/sun are not friends. If tomorrow is anything like it was today, I will definitely not be leaving the house (I can hear most people's gasps lol not a sun person at all unless I am on holiday and permanently in the pool). Will have to get my lazy ass to do a DVD :)

Forgot my water bottle in work today. Usually I have about half of it drunk by now. Feeling very dehydrated already. Its mad how you become so used to all the water so quickly. Its gonna be a bad day!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all!

Wow isn't the sunshine fantastic?

I got a blister on my finger from the garden shears yesterday but it was so worth it.
    Had my folks over for a BBQ - it's a great way to cook healthy! I skipped the desserts I was lashing out to everyone else and just stuck to some meat minus the coleslaw!

I always try to get in 3 sessions at the gym per week but this week with all the sun I think it's gonna be a struggle ... it just seems wrong to be in the gym with the sun blazing outside!

:cool:

Morning folks....

What a gorgeous day! Im back in work today after a few days off, terrible in this weather! I brought my lunch with me today so Im going to grab a couple of plastic forks and eat outside with my pals today... sunglasses at the ready!

Going to hit the park again this evening, just to take full advantage of the weather... god knows how long it might last...

@ Monife, this energy won't last much longer than the weather we are having! I haven't been sleeping too well in the last week or so, so I have been trying to get myself really tired exercising, then a shower with lavender then hit the hay... its been working a little the last few days... Think its this blasted clock goin forward thing... .haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

This weather is unreal! Spent such a nice day out in it yesterday, so bummed to be back to the grindstone again today. Hope to get a run in at lunchtime today. WI tonight and I'm feeling slightly nervous, I was good all
    week but slipped up a little bit at the weekend... Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone with this weeks WIs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Morning guys :D

I can feel the weigh in getting closer and I'm starting to stress. I actually just wanna get up on the scales and get it over with!! But 2 days to go....

I found the first couple of days quite difficult but I stuck to it. I feel like I was bad at the weekend though (despite still having some weeklies left over).

This weather made getting out walking so much easier, I didn't have to really push myself to do it.

Morning guys :D

I can feel the weigh in getting closer and I'm starting to stress. I actually just wanna get up on the scales and get it over with!! But 2 days to go....

I found the first couple of days quite difficult but I stuck to it. I feel like I was bad at the weekend though (despite still having some weeklies left over).

This weather made getting out walking so much easier, I didn't have to really push myself to do it.

Im the same as you, I didn't need as much motivation to get up and out... I still have half the weeklies left. But no matter how good I know I am, I always start to freak a bit coming up to WI.... I bet you will do brilliantly... :)

• Advertisement

Im the same as you, I didn't need as much motivation to get up and out... I still have half the weeklies left. But no matter how good I know I am, I always start to freak a bit coming up to WI.... I bet you will do brilliantly... :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence, sure we'll soon see I suppose!

Just can't wait to get that feeling back that you guys were talking about, when all your jeans feel too loose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Forgot my water bottle in work today. Usually I have about half of it drunk by now. Feeling very dehydrated already. Its mad how you become so used to all the water so quickly. Its gonna be a bad day!

I know exactly how you feel. I have to have my water bottle at my desk at all times, you don't even notice how much you drink during the day when you keep sipping away at it:)

I never drink as much water as I should at the weekends and I really felt it for the first time yesterday!! I hadn't really drank any all day and I felt really light headed, had a headache most of the day and just generally felt horrible. I actually ended up falling asleep in the car on the way home from the park I was that bad. lol:o So last night I went to the kitchen and drank back a litre of uisce. I felt a lot better straight away. It's mad what dehydration can do to ya:confused:

Note to self - Drink more water at weekends!!:p

Boop22 wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel. I have to have my water bottle at my desk at all times, you don't even notice how much you drink during the day when you keep sipping away at it:)

I never drink as much water as I should at the weekends and I really felt it for the first time yesterday!! I hadn't really drank any all day and I felt really light headed, had a headache most of the day and just generally felt horrible. I actually ended up falling asleep in the car on the way home from the park I was that bad. lol:o So last night I went to the kitchen and drank back a litre of uisce. I felt a lot better straight away. It's mad what dehydration can do to ya:confused:

Note to self - Drink more water at weekends!!:p

Im the same at weekends. Its cos I dont have the water bottle to hand like I do during the week at my desk. I find once I start on the water at the weekend I knock it back like there is no tomorrow. Should be easier to remember now if the weather stays like this.

Just had a can of coke zero so considering filling up the empty can. It holds more than the silly little cups you get in here!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Oh what a nice day.. yesterday was my first day out of the house since last Tuesday as I was sick.. went for a small walk.. and dinner..

Todays sun shine has me in a great mood even though i am looking at it through the office window.

Plans for tonight is a 4k lap of the village followed by a lil BBQ Dinner..
    Homemade Beef burger 6pp, Aldi Dinner Roll 4pp, Lettuce 0pp, Tomato 0pp and a plate of BNS Chips. so 10pp in total :)

Weigh in tomorrow looking like a sts but i enjoyed every bit of my steak sandwich yesterday!

I was in Tesco yesterday and came across Gnocchi and decided to buy it for the craic as I remembered seen some sort of receipe in one of the books using it. Has anybody ever had it before, what are the pp and what would you have it with?? I am a bit clueless about what to do with it now that it's sitting in my kitchen press:rolleyes:

I was in Tesco yesterday and came across Gnocchi and decided to buy it for the craic as I remembered seen some sort of receipe in one of the books using it. Has anybody ever had it before, what are the pp and what would you have it with?? I am a bit clueless about what to do with it now that it's sitting in my kitchen press:rolleyes:

Doesnt have the propoints in the purple book so you'd prob be best pointing from the packet to be sure.

I love gnocchi but as my OH doesnt I dont really eat it that often and havent had it since starting back at WW (which is why i dont know the pp). Its good with just a basic tomato sauce like you'd do for pasta and a bit of parmasan or mozzerella on top. There are a few recipes that use it that look nice which could be worth trying too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Does anyone have any idea where I can get half fat creme fresh?

I've never even heard of it but it's in ye weight watchers journal.

Use creme fresh in most of my meals and can't believe 1 tbsp is 3PP :(

Yeah there's a recipe that involves gnocchi and chorizo..... but I'm fairly sure that it was on the Discover Plan, so not sure of the PP's. It's nom though, and so filling!

Sorry one more thing, should it not be kept in the fridge? Anyones I have ever bought have been in the chilled section in the supermarket and advise being stored in the fridge.

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea where I can get half fat creme fresh?

I've never even heard of it but it's in ye weight watchers journal.

Use creme fresh in most of my meals and can't believe 1 tbsp is 3PP :(

A lot of supermarkets have it, it should be with the creme fraiche in the chilled dept. I've never had a problem getting it.

• Advertisement

Thanks girls. I remember there was a receipe in the "Pro U" book that I got in class about 3 or 4 weeks ago, must root it out when I get home. I'm thinking it can't be that high pp wise if it's in a ww book:)

Need some new ideas for dinners as I am kinda getting a bit fed up of stir frys at this stage! Have only used 5 weeklies so far this week so hoping for a good loss this week after my 2.5 pound gain last week :o The weather being like this makes it so much easier to go out and exercise. Can't wait to finish work and hit the park for a walk, loving the longer evenings:D

@Tiny Penguin the one I got was in a packet in the aisle with all the dried pasta. It says to cook it in boiling water for 3 mins until it rises to the top?!?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement