Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

OH my days, one triangle of toblerone is 3pp! WOAH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosmarius

Hi,

I am going to a friends for dinner tonight. Choices are going to be lasagna or chicken curry. I don't have ingredients for either option but as a general rule could anyone tell me which might be the better option in terms of pro points?
    I usually try and avoid lasagna but haven't got a clue how good/bad chicken curry can be. Can anyone suggest which might be the lower propoint option?

Thanks

Rosmarius wrote: »
    Hi,

I am going to a friends for dinner tonight. Choices are going to be lasagna or chicken curry. I don't have ingredients for either option but as a general rule could anyone tell me which might be the better option in terms of pro points?
    I usually try and avoid lasagna but haven't got a clue how good/bad chicken curry can be. Can anyone suggest which might be the lower propoint option?

Thanks

If I were in your shoes I would go for the chicken curry rather than lasange!
    Think of all the added extras in the lasagne, the oil the meat is cooked in, the white sauce, the cheese on top (if it's there) and if the mince is not lean then there's a huge addition to pp.
    Whereas with the chicken curry you can disect it and roughly calculate the pp yourself, is there the equivalent of a chicken breast? You can also control your portion of rice. Often there are lots of veg in a homemade chicken curry so if you were stuck for pro points you could leave the chicken. The only thing not pp'able straight off is the curry sauce, but using the chinese pp it's 8pp for a tub of curry sauce.

This is only my opinion but I hope it helps a bit!

Enjoy (I'm hungry now :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Rosmarius

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Think of all the added extras in the lasagne, the oil the meat is cooked in, the white sauce, the cheese on top (if it's there) and if the mince is not lean then there's a huge addition to pp.
    Whereas with the chicken curry you can disect it and roughly calculate the pp yourself, is there the equivalent of a chicken breast? You can also control your portion of rice. Often there are lots of veg in a homemade chicken curry so if you were stuck for pro points you could leave the chicken. The only thing not pp'able straight off is the curry sauce, but using the chinese pp it's 8pp for a tub of curry sauce.

Thanks a mill, I was thinking the curry might be the safer option so I'll go with that. As you say I can minimise the rice!! I have 14pp of my dailies left anyway and full stock of weeklies. I am hoping to say no when the birthday cake is passed around but may have just a little bit.
    I get really nervous about dinner invites sometimes, great to have a meal cooked up for you but very difficult trying to judge the pp's sometimes. Stresses me out!! Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Rosmarius wrote: »

Thanks a mill, I was thinking the curry might be the safer option so I'll go with that. As you say I can minimise the rice!! I have 14pp of my dailies left anyway and full stock of weeklies. I am hoping to say no when the birthday cake is passed around but may have just a little bit.
    I get really nervous about dinner invites sometimes, great to have a meal cooked up for you but very difficult trying to judge the pp's sometimes. Stresses me out!! Thanks again :)

The curry is probably the safer option. Homemade curry can be quite low in pp. A good way of sussing it out is to tell the chef that it's really nice, and ask how he/she made it. That'll give you a fair idea- if they don't mention cream, Coconut milk, or any of those high pp baddies. At that point, you'll have to eat the curry anyhow, but you'll get an idea of how much rice you should have, or if it's safe to have a sliver of that cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Can some one help me with the pro points for a packet of smokey bacon tayto full pack not from multi pack, i ate them on my break with out pointing as i have the points but would just like to track them anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Can some one help me with the pro points for a packet of smokey bacon tayto full pack not from multi pack, i ate them on my break with out pointing as i have the points but would just like to track them anyways!

They are either 5 or 6 - i think 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

M&S fuller for longer range is amazing and surprisingly low in pp! Just had the meatballs and spaghetti, 10pp and it was DELISH! Had some home made garlic bread with it and a salad and I'm so stuffed. Also pointed the chicken red curry at 12pp and lamb and chicken kofte at 10pp which both look yum too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭Fiona

God bless weight watchers pizza! 13pp. Had 100g of chips as well for 5 points nyom a 'healthy' pig out dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I just had a gorgeous dinner that was so filling. I had 40g pasta with low low cheese triangle melted on top, mixed with tuna in brina, extra light mayo, cucumber and two slices of ham. I was shocked when I read the serving per person of pasta is 75g and I was thinking 40 wouldn't be enough but I struggled to finish it. I think next time I'll probably only use 30g!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 vwbeetleie

Hi girls i did ww in 2009 and lost nearly 4stone in 8mths of baby weight so im now doing slimming world since sept last year and have lost just over 2 stone (more baby weight this time twins :eek:) anyway thinking of doing propoints from nx wk to see if i can lose more has any of ye changed from slimming world if so any tips because the thoughts of weighing and writing everything down is gonna be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Lunches are killing me! Been having salad wraps and ww soup the last few weeks!! Don't eat fish and I'd give or take chicken! Anyone any ideas for something filling but reasonably low pps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I agree - she has 5 classes on a tuesday where I am, one recently added to deal with the huge numbers of people in her class. There are always massive queues there - she has 2 staff there, one who goes through the program with newbies (who is also absolutely brilliant) because she just simply doesn't have the time. There are always people still queuing when the class starts and need to be weighed after. And despite the massive numbers of people she must see every week she remembers almost everyone and even little personal details about their journey. I have heard nothing but GLOWING reviews about her and I really think WW ireland should use her skills as a training tool for more leaders. I have had a lot of leaders over the years. Some good, some very good and some bad. But none have come close to how good Mary is. But i think if I were ever to come across a bad leader I would make a complaint to WW and not just leave, as a bad leader can have huge effects and there must be a way for them to measure the performance.

totally agree with you here Tiny, i go to Marys class on a Wednesday in Clondalkin and she is amazing!! and as you say she remembers all the little details about everyone, i have done WW before a few years ago but noone has ever come close to how good and motivating Mary is

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

messrs wrote: »
    totally agree with you here Tiny, i go to Marys class on a Wednesday in Clondalkin and she is amazing!! and as you say she remembers all the little details about everyone, i have done WW before a few years ago but noone has ever come close to how good and motivating Mary is

snap! what time class do ya go to??? could be sitting right next to ya! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lunches are killing me! Been having salad wraps and ww soup the last few weeks!! Don't eat fish and I'd give or take chicken! Anyone any ideas for something filling but reasonably low pps?

Chicken is so versatile. If you like your wraps, then chicken and any salad ingredients with sweet chilli sauce is lovely or even leftover stir fried beef or turkey etc You could use different variations of salad ingredients or sauces. Or low fat coleslaw nom nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

ali85 wrote: »
    snap! what time class do ya go to??? could be sitting right next to ya! haha

Hi Ali, thats mad, small world :) i go to the 6.30 - 7.30 class, which one do you go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

TOM arrived yesterday, feel like a train ran over me today. Zero energy. Went and did the shopping though and was very well restrained! Having some steak for dinner, not eating enough red meat according to my Dr. It's hard though on ww, I'd prefer to eat fish or chicken. Gonna try have steak once a week though from now on. Hope everyone's getting on ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

hey dont think i posted last weeks weight in but have been keeping a good eye on the thread! so WI was today for me, lost 5lbs! cant believe it, had a 1 lb gain last week and felt disheartened but i stuck with it, happy out now :D going to be very good for the rest of the day and then have a treat tonight. congrats to every loss. sts and to people who gained next week is ur week!

SO my hungry day is turning into a hungry week!

Off to a chinese tonight for my Mum's birthday, sticking to my decision to have chicken with mushroom and half portion of boiled rice!

After that I've been invited to a friends house for a few movies and a sleepover (Yes, I am 21 but I am VERY excited about it!!!)

I have a handful of weeklies left and a good few dailies left so I think i'll treat myself and indulge in a few munchies..

I can see the sun trying to break through the clouds so I'm about to throw on my runners, grab the neighbours dog and enjoy a walk!

Enjoy the weekend lads and ladies =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

messrs wrote: »
    Hi Ali, thats mad, small world :) i go to the 6.30 - 7.30 class, which one do you go to?

Ha! I go to the same one!! hahaha! thats madness!!!

Well... I have had a good week so far... only used 7 weeklies so far...was really tired last night so just did some light work out... a bit of a brisk walk.I was craving chocolate lastnight, and after one curly wurly I thanked my lucky stars that the OH stuck the alarm on so it was more of a deterrent not to go downstairs and raid the fridge.. then this morning... TOTM arrived... totally out of the blue... am shattered today.

Exercise is totally off the menu for today. Did get a major boost though... I went to visit my granny today and went into the butchers shop beside her house where all the men who work there that know my family all commented on how well I was looking. Sure it was embarrassing but I couldn't help but beam.... its been about 3 months since I seen them. Thinking about it now I am still a bit embarrassed but jesus there is nothing like it when someone actually sees the hard work starting to pay off. Especially when you are having a day/week whatever when you really can't see it in yourself.

Sorry for the long post folks....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hangover and can't stop picking today!! I haven't eaten loads but just eating the wrong foods. Bread bread and more bread:-( can't even face going for a walk. I think I'll just write off all my weeklies and start tracking again from tomorrow. Really hope I haven't ruined my whole week now :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Also the low fat frozen yogurt in aldi is fab and only 1pp per 30g 3pp per 100 if u mix with fruit it's a huge portion and tastes exactly like ice cream!

I bought this today - it's delicious! I got the plain and the strawberry. The strawberry is so so good but higher points than the plain. It's still only 1pp for 30g but for 100g it's 4pp.

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hangover and can't stop picking today!! I haven't eaten loads but just eating the wrong foods. Bread bread and more bread:-( can't even face going for a walk. I think I'll just write off all my weeklies and start tracking again from tomorrow. Really hope I haven't ruined my whole week now :-/

Very bad hangover :( Had egg and beans on toast for brunch and just split a main course chinese takeaway with the OH... :o

So... made BNS chips earlier. I can't believe I've never done this before. Yum. Yum. Those, along with operation transformation chicken goujons, made the most scrumptious dinner, for SIX points! Wow!
    Makes me feel better about the HB swirl I had earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

no motivation and finding it very hard to get back on track ..miserable, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Monife wrote: »
    Hangover and can't stop picking today!! I haven't eaten loads but just eating the wrong foods. Bread bread and more bread:-( can't even face going for a walk. I Ithink I'll just write off all my weeklies and start tracking again from tomorrow. Really hope I haven't ruined my whole week now :-/

Very bad hangover :( Had egg and beans on toast for brunch and just split a main course chinese takeaway with the OH... :o

I haven't stopped eating ALL DAY:-( I also got a Chinese, beef chow men followed by popcorn and crisps and some chocolate. Absolute disaster. Gonna exercise like a lunatic for the week and try undo some damage :-/

ck83 wrote: »
    So... made BNS chips earlier. I can't believe I've never done this before. Yum. Yum. Those, along with operation transformation chicken goujons, made the most scrumptious dinner, for SIX points! Wow!
    Makes me feel better about the HB swirl I had earlier!

Could you tell me how you make these Operation Transformation chicken goujons , please =)

Could you tell me how you make these Operation Transformation chicken goujons , please =)

yup, no hassle.
    I just chop up a couple of chicken breasts into strips (obviously this varies, depending on how many you're wanting to feed! the marinade would prob do 3-4 chicken fillets).
    marinade them overnight in: 2tblsp soy sauce, 2 tblsp oil, 1tblsp coriander and parsley ( i use dried).

just before you want to cook them, put some breadcrumbs (i usually use 64g, if i remember rightly, that's 4 pp) in a bowl, and dip the goujons into them one by one. they won't be fully covered, but it's enough!

cook in the oven @200deg for 15 min, or until the chicken is cooked through.
    two chicken fillets would feed 2-3 ppl, depending on how big they were, and how hungry the ppl are! the marinade is 5 pp, the breadcrumbs are 4, and would cover 2 decent sized fillets. obviously the pp for the whole recipe depends on the weight of the fillets, etc.

it's a really yummy recipe, we've used it loads!

• Advertisement

I haven't stopped eating ALL DAY:-( I also got a Chinese, beef chow men followed by popcorn and crisps and some chocolate. Absolute disaster. Gonna exercise like a lunatic for the week and try undo some damage :-/

I'll see your popcorn and raise you a packet of chilli dorito's and a small (creme egg size) lindor egg!! Disaster!! Going to go to St Annes today for a nice long walk :) Then might do Malahide castle the evenings after work :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement