Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I was down 1 and a half lbs. this week. Was really surprised by that as the scales at home hadn't seen any shift in weight all week. Congrats on all the losses this week. Great success is being had!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

mrs crilly wrote: »
    For the ice cream lovers weight watchers do these strawberry ice creams that come in a little tub. 4 in a pack and they are two points each. They also do mini magnum type lollies 8 in a pack 4 white chocolate and 4 dark with a vanilla ice cream in the centre. 2 or 3pts each.

Aldi do mini magnums aswell, 12 in a box and they're 3PP each :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Monife wrote: »
    For the ice cream lovers weight watchers do these strawberry ice creams that come in a little tub. 4 in a pack and they are two points each. They also do mini magnum type lollies 8 in a pack 4 white chocolate and 4 dark with a vanilla ice cream in the centre. 2 or 3pts each.

Aldi do mini magnums aswell, 12 in a box and they're 3PP each :)

I think the almond one are a point or two more than the plain ones. Will check wen I get home to b sure ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well done on the losses everyone! Keep it up! Ye are seriously motivating me. Everything is so much easier with the good weather and long evenings. I love being able to get out in the fresh air after the long drive home from college - it's great! Been doing really well this week food and exercise wise. However, it's Fridays and Saturdays that kill me so fingers crossed I'll get through it! Have zumba tonight so that will be good fun and was in the gym this morning! Bridesmaid dress is arriving by courier today, cannot wait to try it on! Fingers crossed it fits! eek!

Going to try a new class at lunch today. I hope it's a good one! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I think the almond one are a point or two more than the plain ones. Will check wen I get home to b sure ;-)
    Going to try a new class at lunch today. I hope it's a good one! ;-)

Do you know how many pp are in a twister ice cream?? I remember a few years ago on the old system they were quite low....

As for the new class...let us know how you get on! My auntie is joining one on Monday, she said she will give it a go and see how she gets on, if its not great she is coming to mine... A good leader and a decent group make all the difference!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    Do you know how many pp are in a twister ice cream?? I remember a few years ago on the old system they were quite low....

As for the new class...let us know how you get on! My auntie is joining one on Monday, she said she will give it a go and see how she gets on, if its not great she is coming to mine... A good leader and a decent group make all the difference!!!!!

tangle twisters are 2pp :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

twirlagig wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking these are only 1PP each? :eek: They are yummy! :D And there's popping candy on the top of them! :D (I am SUCH a big child!)

http://www.loveicecream.com/ie_en/products/default.aspx?brand=xpop&subbrand=xpop&product=3

Yes 1pp, Twisters are 2pp and an exotic solero is 3pp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Aldi do there own brand mini magnums 12 in a box, 3 dark chock, 3 milk, 3 white and 3 almond for 3pp each delicious and prob half the price

tangle twisters are 2pp :D

Ah brilliant! I was over pointing them @ 3pp... thats great! I love them.... my absolute fave!!!!

Stuck in work during this lovely weather is just a killer....

Got another question.... this is going to sound really silly.... like I saidm I got my little one a pair of roller blades at the weekend and I am thinking about getting a pair for myself... how would you go about working out the activity pp for say 1 hour skating at a decent pace???

• Advertisement

Ah brilliant! I was over pointing them @ 3pp... thats great! I love them.... my absolute fave!!!!

Stuck in work during this lovely weather is just a killer....

Got another question.... this is going to sound really silly.... like I saidm I got my little one a pair of roller blades at the weekend and I am thinking about getting a pair for myself... how would you go about working out the activity pp for say 1 hour skating at a decent pace???

I wanted to get a pair as well. Used to be into skating in a big way as a teenager and feel it would be a great way to keep fit. I'd say work it out the same way as with other activities, judge it based on how your breathing is when doing it and how quickly you work up a sweat. Think it would be quite like jogging if you kept the pace up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Just had lunch out.... Hoping I haven't ruined my week already!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fiona

Would anybody know or even hazard a guess how many points are in a pack of Haribo star mix minis?

Somebody threw out the big bag so not sure how many grams are in the small pack. I was going to give it 2 considering a small pack of jelly tots is 3?

EDIT - I think they are 4, bit steep to be honest the jelly tots are better value!!

I wanted to get a pair as well. Used to be into skating in a big way as a teenager and feel it would be a great way to keep fit. I'd say work it out the same way as with other activities, judge it based on how your breathing is when doing it and how quickly you work up a sweat. Think it would be quite like jogging if you kept the pace up.

Thats grand... I was looking on the smyths website,... they don't have the roller blades in my size in stock at liffey valley, but they do have the roller skates.... Im very very tempted!!! just to try something different with exercise....

Also looking into getting back into tennis.... so if anyone is around the clondalkin area and is interested in joining me, give me a shout...

Ah Ali, delighted with the new class. There's a guy leader & he's real relaxed & was addressing everyone by name in the class and knew their whole stories etc it was great. And he had plently of lovely 'real' tips too which I'm defo gonna go off and try. Like the other one just use to sound like she'd swallowed a WW encylopedia & she used to just keep rattling it off. So am happy with this one now. Big phew! :)

Oh and I was expecting to be up, no doubt, coz I didn't even go to a WI last week & down 1.5lbs! It's no half way like yourself missus, but I hope I'll get there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Ah Ali, delighted with the new class. There's a guy leader & he's real relaxed & was addressing everyone by name in the class and knew their whole stories etc it was great. And he had plently of lovely 'real' tips too which I'm defo gonna go off and try. Like the other one just use to sound like she'd swallowed a WW encylopedia & she used to just keep rattling it off. So am happy with this one now. Big phew! :)

Oh and I was expecting to be up, no doubt, coz I didn't even go to a WI last week & down 1.5lbs! It's no half way like yourself missus, but I hope I'll get there :-)

Were you going in Dublin city centre by any chance.....? If so, I think I know the leader you used to have :P

Thats brilliant! So glad you found a good leader. It'll make the journey all the more achievable!!

Well done on the loss too, always good to go face the music, you never know what the scales will say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Would anybody know or even hazard a guess how many points are in a pack of Haribo star mix minis?

Somebody threw out the big bag so not sure how many grams are in the small pack. I was going to give it 2 considering a small pack of jelly tots is 3?

EDIT - I think they are 4, bit steep to be honest the jelly tots are better value!!

theres a share bag in my cupboard for the last ages... can't be opened, coz i'd scoff the lot.... i just double checked- theres 9pp in 100 g. lots of pp...

Brilliant! makes such a difference. and well done on the 1.5lb!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Bought one of these yesterday and decided to pp it! For 1/8 of the kit its's 4pp, adding 2pp for half a chicken breast and it makes it 6pp for the fajita itself, that's seems to be right and seems to be good pp wise also!

Bought a BNS today so gonna make some soup tomorrow! Leaving me with enough pp for my dinner of fajitas tomorrow night =)

There's a chill in the air this evening! Hope it's just as warm out tomorrow as it has been!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Anyone know how many pp in 30g serving of Special K?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

ShindyB wrote: »
    Anyone know how many pp in 30g serving of Special K?
    Hey id imagine its 3 pp as most cereals are but not completely sure. hope im not off !
    Edit: just checked there. yeah its defo 3pp

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Anyone what the lowest point regular size bar of chocolate would be? Feel like splashing out on a regular size rather than treatsize for a change ha!

Taz1 wrote: »
    Anyone what the lowest point regular size bar of chocolate would be? Feel like splashing out on a regular size rather than treatsize for a change ha!
    Crunchy/flake/time out/creme egg- 5 each. So are maltesers. Curly wurly is only 3- the bit of chewing makes it last longer than the five pointers! Most of the rest are 6 or 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Fiona

ck83 wrote: »
    theres a share bag in my cupboard for the last ages... can't be opened, coz i'd scoff the lot.... i just double checked- theres 9pp in 100 g. lots of pp...

Oh I just don't buy them cos I don't have the will power!! My down fall is the scoff in work that people bring in, I gorge on that cos I don't buy any of that stuff in my weekly shop!

Whispa is a 6 I think.

I've become a bit addicted to homemade chips/wedges. The only time I seem to have potato that isn't cooked like that is at my parents house or eating out. I mean I know it's the same as other potato but they are just so tasty it feels like I'm eating something I shouldn't far too often!

I've become a bit addicted to homemade chips/wedges. The only time I seem to have potato that isn't cooked like that is at my parents house or eating out. I mean I know it's the same as other potato but they are just so tasty it feels like I'm eating something I shouldn't far too often!

Haha I am the exact same, one potato seems so little but when they're cut into chips/ wedges there's soo much more =)

Would you mind posting the recipe for that dinner, sounds nice!

Okaaay!

I use 1 x 165g chicken fillet, half a red pepper cubed, half a yellow pepper cubed, and a good few mushrooms sliced.
    For the wedges I use 150g potato, 2tsp tikka powder and salt and black pepper.
    For the tomato sauce I use approx 1/4 bottle of passata and 1 tbsp of tomato puree, salt and black pepper and garlic salt and a tsp of chilli powder.

I coat a small oven dish with frylite and place the chicken, chopped veg, passata, tomato puree and salt and black pepper.

For the wedges I cut the potato into wedges and coat them in a little fry light, 2tsp of tikka powder and salt and black pepper.

I place both on an oven tray and cook for 25-30 minutes in the oven at 200c

Around 5 minutes before the end of cooking, I place 20g of light mozzerella on top of the chicken dish and put it back into the over for the last 5 minutes!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 erico956

I have a question about Zumba. My wife tried to get into aerobic fitness (she's 27) but feels a little sick afterwards. We thought she was just dehydrated and pushed water a little more. That didn't seem to work so she quit. She doesn't like to run, so I do that on my own? She is not overweight by any means but I would like her to get into shape for health reason - longterm. Is Zumba something she should look into? He mom goes to Zumba classes but my wife is a little scared to try for fear of going through the same thing she did with aerobics. I really don't know anything about Zumba so any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really have to post the best advice given on my site for others to see. Thanks. :)

http://www.gymfitness.us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Up 1lb at WI :( Nearly didn't get the courage to post. Bit p*ssed off to be honest. Thought I would be down 1/2lb or STS but with the dreaded TOM due, I suppose that explains it. Just unfair the way this happens to us girls, so with my paddy's weekend gain and this one, it means I have only lost 5lb in 10 weeks which has really disheartened me. Going to try hard this week but feeling a bit deflated tonight...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement