Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Monife wrote: »
    I would say that is definitely due to weighing in on a morning last week. So I would take that as a STS last week and a loss of 1lb this week or vice versa :) You will be down next week for sure :)

Yeah thats what my sister said, makes sense I suppose! Here's hoping anyway :) Thanks for the encouragement!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Hi

It's been quite some time since I've posted but I read religiously every day to see how you're all doing.
    I've been a total mess for past 4 months or so due to some personal issues but its time to stop the messing about and jump back on the wagon!

Last June, I was 1.5lb away from goal after losing 9st 1lb.
    Today, I'm 40lb away! :eek:

I think my head is in the right space again (at last!) so onwards and downwards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

fionas046 wrote: »
    Hi

It's been quite some time since I've posted but I read religiously every day to see how you're all doing.
    I've been a total mess for past 4 months or so due to some personal issues but its time to stop the messing about and jump back on the wagon!

I think my head is in the right space again (at last!) so onwards and downwards. :)

9 stone is a huge achievement - well done for that. And im sure you know that if you have done it once you can do it again. It would be so easy to stay away for good, or let the whole 9 st go back on. So its great to be jumping back on the wagon. Best of luck with y our restarted journey :D Look forward to seeing you post on here and how you are getting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hi

You should be so so proud of yourself for getting that far! It's unbelievably inspirational. Think of the past year as an adjustment period.... now you're ready for stage 2! Best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Well I think Ice fallen off the wagon and landed on my head. I haven't tracked in about 3 weeks & didn't go to my WI last week. I'v no inclination to go in case I'm up or STS coz my new leader gives me no motivation whatsoever. Feeling a bit sad.

You were doing far to well to give up on it completely! you know the plan, you know it works, and you know you can do it.. so heres a kick up the bum, get back on the wagon and into skinny clothes for summer xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Down 0.5lb that seems to be the max i lose at the moment.. i have 9lb to goal think i am going to up the excersise from none to some.. and really make the effort the next few weeks but saying that im in London next weekend for 3 days and cork the weekend after for 3 days so neither will be easy!! but hopefully il walk off what i eat!

Weigh In tonight and I'm getting really nervous! I'm feeling great, and smaller than I have in a long time. But I'm worried that its all in my head and it won't show on the scales. Also I had a loss last week that I really think I didn't deserve.

I've been good this week, have 26 weeklies left and done lots of walking (though have been sick so no more strenuous excercise than this). Just hoping my good feeling won't be killed by a bad result tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Just back from lunch... what a beautiful day...

Been really, really good today... Had granary toast with low low cheese and a banana for breakfast, one of the tesco 4pp seeded wraps with low low, turkey and salad and a pack of treble crunch for lunch... 14pp used today... going to stick within the dailies today.

Im off at 4 today so have a plan. Going to get the bus to Clondalkin Village to the library and get out my new books (am mad for reading at the moment - I can't read and eat at the same time ;) ) and walk home from there.

Its probably only a mile but it would be a good start for today. Going to use my runkeeper app. going to hit the park later too. The little one got rollerblades at the weekend so she is keeping up the pace with me... :D

I have done almost 10 miles just walking/jogging since Sunday so Im not doing too badly, I hope :P Then I have been doing the muscle training and the boxing on the wii fit later in the evenings. Just 30 mins each night but I have been pushing myself to make the calorie target each night.

WI tomorrow, and I just realised when i lose the next 2lb I will be half way to goal... :D Thats a great motivator! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

We have these little €1 choc coins in work and I'm eating to many!! Would ye reckon they would be more than a point each??

ali85 wrote: »

Been really, really good today... Had granary toast with low low cheese and a banana for breakfast, one of the tesco 4pp seeded wraps with low low, turkey and salad and a pack of treble crunch for lunch... 14pp used today... going to stick within the dailies today.

Im off at 4 today so have a plan. Going to get the bus to Clondalkin Village to the library and get out my new books (am mad for reading at the moment - I can't read and eat at the same time ;) ) and walk home from there.

Its probably only a mile but it would be a good start for today. Going to use my runkeeper app. going to hit the park later too. The little one got rollerblades at the weekend so she is keeping up the pace with me... :D

I have done almost 10 miles just walking/jogging since Sunday so Im not doing too badly, I hope :P Then I have been doing the muscle training and the boxing on the wii fit later in the evenings. Just 30 mins each night but I have been pushing myself to make the calorie target each night.

WI tomorrow, and I just realised when i lose the next 2lb I will be half way to goal... :D Thats a great motivator! :D

You are so good for the exercise Ali - I wish I could do even half as much as you! The weather is a great motivator for drinking lots of water and eating fruit and salad though which is great!
    We have these little €1 choc coins in work and I'm eating to many!! Would ye reckon they would be more than a point each??

Depends on the size - I know little milka tabs are 1pp each and they are pretty light, lighter than I would expect a chocolate coin to be. Try look up nutritional info online. They may be 1 pp each but 3pp for 2 of them. Just be careful with things like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Weigh In tonight and I'm getting really nervous! I'm feeling great, and smaller than I have in a long time. But I'm worried that its all in my head and it won't show on the scales. Also I had a loss last week that I really think I didn't deserve.

You will be grand. It's normal to feel apprehensive but as long as you have been good then you've nothing to worry about :)

Im off at 4 today so have a plan. Going to get the bus to Clondalkin Village to the library and get out my new books (am mad for reading at the moment - I can't read and eat at the same time ;)) and walk home from there.

Do you want to give me some tips on this?! Exams are coming up next month and I'm the master of studying and eating at the same :rolleyes:
    Well done on the walking. That there is the perfect example of a life long change. Incorporating exercise into your everyday lifestyle is a really good way of ensuring that the weight stays off!!

I just did the 30 Day Shred for the first time today and I thought I was going to die. I had to stop half way through as I was about to get sick. I would've considered myself capable of exercise before this. I do Davina's DVDs regularly and I can do a good 6k walk in an hour.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    You will be grand. It's normal to feel apprehensive but as long as you have been good then you've nothing to worry about :)

Do you want to give me some tips on this?! Exams are coming up next month and I'm the master of studying and eating at the same :rolleyes:
    Well done on the walking. That there is the perfect example of a life long change. Incorporating exercise into your everyday lifestyle is a really good way of ensuring that the weight stays off!!

I just did the 30 Day Shred for the first time today and I thought I was going to die. I had to stop half way through as I was about to get sick. I would've considered myself capable of exercise before this. I do Davina's DVDs regularly and I can do a good 6k walk in an hour.

The walking is a making a big difference to me. Well exercise in general. I am 2.5lbs off the lowest I had got to in WW before (that was 2 years ago) but looking at pics from then and pics from last weekend, I actually look slimmer. Before I used to kill myself with the food side. e.g a sambo made from one slice of bread with a scrape of spread, some light cheese and a big plate of salad. I was on a rabbit food diet and although the weight came off, it went back on soooooooo quickly, so this time I am making more of an effort to get moving, but to get moving to the level that I can maintain. A half hour walk a day, a bit of Wii fit, a bit of tennis or basketball... you know yourself.

I also registered for the mini marathon yesterday so there is something to work towards too!!! :D

The walking is a making a big difference to me. Well exercise in general. I am 2.5lbs off the lowest I had got to in WW before (that was 2 years ago) but looking at pics from then and pics from last weekend, I actually look slimmer. Before I used to kill myself with the food side. e.g a sambo made from one slice of bread with a scrape of spread, some light cheese and a big plate of salad. I was on a rabbit food diet and although the weight came off, it went back on soooooooo quickly, so this time I am making more of an effort to get moving, but to get moving to the level that I can maintain. A half hour walk a day, a bit of Wii fit, a bit of tennis or basketball... you know yourself.

I also registered for the mini marathon yesterday so there is something to work towards too!!! :D

Oooh I'm doing that too. At the height of my fitness and weight loss I could do it in 1hr 6mins - no way im getting close to that this year but hopefully will build myself back to that for this time next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Danii86 wrote: »
    Im in the same boat, i weighed myself on sat....up5 >:(
    BUT got back on the wagon 2day and as an extra bit of motivation im going getin myself a shiny new notebook tomorrow for my tracking so i can really start afresh.
    Tis week wil b tough tho, iv family coming home from the us for a confirmation on fri so theres goin to be a few family gatherings, and my family, well lets jus say we likes our food, so will hav 2 try and be as good as i can and up the exercise!!!

Have to say, really thought I was off the wagon for good there, but with a few encouraging words I thought I'd start small again today and not build it up into this huge thing that is not accomplishable. So have been tracking and good enough with my food today. The brown bread of my sambo brings up my points and leaves less for my dinner, so I hope I have the willpower this evening not to go over. But I feel a small sense of accomplishment today for having gotten back on the wagon today having really thought I'd lost it. Glad you're starting again now too. Best of luck in sticking with it.. for both of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Hi

Welcome back and hope you see your self at goal this year :)
    Down 0.5lb that seems to be the max i lose at the moment.. i have 9lb to goal think i am going to up the excersise from none to some.. and really make the effort the next few weeks but saying that im in London next weekend for 3 days and cork the weekend after for 3 days so neither will be easy!! but hopefully il walk off what i eat!

You will get there in the end slow and steady wins the race !

Went for a lovely 6 km walk today really enjoyed it, found factor 50 though so I hope I didn't get burnt again!

Hope I see my strange 2 pound gain vanish this Thursday at WI

I just love this weather though! lift your mood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

You were doing far to well to give up on it completely! you know the plan, you know it works, and you know you can do it.. so heres a kick up the bum, get back on the wagon and into skinny clothes for summer xx

Have to say I can't see myself in skinny clothes! But defo going to take the baby steps to perhaps be a little slimmer ;)

Oooh I'm doing that too. At the height of my fitness and weight loss I could do it in 1hr 6mins - no way im getting close to that this year but hopefully will build myself back to that for this time next year!

I have also. I've done it the last 2 years. Just a good steady forward walking pace though. My lungs would no doubt collapse if I tried to run/jog it. A great day out though and always worth it to raise funds for charity :)

Lost 2.5!!! I'm always so nervous, Mary said its good to be that way cos when you get complacent you start to get sloppy with the pointing. Got my 10% goal, 20lbs gone since January. And am
    Comfortably in the 12s, hopefully never to see the 13s ever again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Agree on the weather! I went for my walk this morning which would have been grand fr the day but then this afternoon I was in the house and it seemed such a shame to waste it so went for a cycle down the strand. I was nearly 2 hours cycling but it was just lovely cos it was enjoyable just to be out in it! Bonus exercise without even trying!

Have to say I can't see myself in skinny clothes! But defo going to take the baby steps to perhaps be a little slimmer ;)

I have also. I've done it the last 2 years. Just a good steady forward walking pace though. My lungs would no doubt collapse if I tried to run/jog it. A great day out though and always worth it to raise funds for charity :)

You were doing brilliantly... and the fact that you can motivate yourself to get back on the wagon so quickly is even better... i usually hit months of self loathing and feeling crappy and all the while gaining and gaining.... we are all here for ya... god knows you were there enought for me and all my moaning haha!
    Lost 2.5!!! I'm always so nervous, Mary said its good to be that way cos when you get complacent you start to get sloppy with the pointing. Got my 10% goal, 20lbs gone since January. And am

Delighted for ya tiny!!! 20lbs!!! :D thats deadly! hopefully I will hit the 20lb mark tomorrow night myself.... :D you must be thrilled! you are working so hard, despite being sick.... WELL DONE HUN!!!! :D:D:D:D Go and treat yourself!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

-1lb today so got a silver seven. Anyone else feel its like getting a gold star in primary school and twice as valuable! :D
    Have to say, really thought I was off the wagon for good there, but with a few encouraging words I thought I'd start small again today and not build it up into this huge thing that is not accomplishable. So have been tracking and good enough with my food today. The brown bread of my sambo brings up my points and leaves less for my dinner, so I hope I have the willpower this evening not to go over. But I feel a small sense of accomplishment today for having gotten back on the wagon today having really thought I'd lost it. Glad you're starting again now too. Best of luck in sticking with it.. for both of us ;)

Go Baileypants!!!!!!

And good luck to everyone in WI's over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

After last weeks STS i'm down FOUR pounds this week!!! That's 18.5 pounds now!

Mini goal set for myself, 10lbs in the next 7 weeks to be down 2 stone for a wedding in May =)

JudyD wrote: »
    -1lb today so got a silver seven. Anyone else feel its like getting a gold star in primary school and twice as valuable! :D

Go Baileypants!!!!!!

And good luck to everyone in WI's over the next few days.

Well done JudyD.... Totally get what you mean... I stick mine to my card so I can keep reminding myself... Totally like a star chart in school!!! :D

Well done!!! :D:D you are doing deadly!!!! :D
    Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    After last weeks STS i'm down FOUR pounds this week!!! That's 18.5 pounds now!

Mini goal set for myself, 10lbs in the next 7 weeks to be down 2 stone for a wedding in May =)

Swiswoooo Cliodhna!!! 4 bloody pounds! that is AMAZEBALLS!!! Fair play!!! hope im even a quarter as good as you tomorrow night at my WI.... That is just brilliant!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Boop22 wrote: »
    Thanks Judy, just found it. Here is the receipe below for anyone who is interested...

12pp per serving (serves 2)

350g Gnocchi
    Calorie controlled cooking spray
    50g Parma Ham
    150g baby leaf spinach
    40g Gorgonzola, chopped
    15g chopped walnuts

- Cook gnocchi in boiling water for 3-4 mins until it start to raise to the surface, drain thoroughly and set aside
    - Mist a deep frying pan with cooking spray and add gnocchi. Fry for 2-3 mins until brown. Add Parma ham, stirring until crisp.
    - Add the spinach stirring until wilted. Stir in the Gorgonzola. Season with black pepper. Split between 2 plates and divide walnuts between servings.

....Was just googling those slim noodles. Deffo gonna give them a shot over the weekend. Can't believe they are 0pp hopefully they are nice:D

Sounds YUM! I'm def going to try this over the next few days.....thanks a mil!!! Love to try new ww friendly recipes- it's so easy to get stuck on the same few things to eat for dinner.
    Ok, so this is the last week of my course before my exams, so I'm going to find a new class next week. I've brought with me to work today a fruit salad I made of pineapple, peach & kiwi, I also brought 2 bananas, 2 satsumas & 2 apples, 2 of the 2 pp cereal bars from Aldi & a brown bread sandwich (mccambridges) of a ham joint I made last nite with a bit of low fat spread. Hopefully getting back on the wagon. Thanks for all the support x

Well done for jumping back up on the wagon.... i just made a big fruit salad to have in the fridge... i find if i have it ready, i'm more likely to eat fruit, and picking at pinapples and strawberries will do me a few more favours than curly wurlys and pink and whites!!!
    Hi

It's all about the headspace... most important thing is that you recognised the need to get going again. as you say, onwards and downwards. well done!

not doing too badly- theres an understatement! you're doing great... if i could get myself going for half as much exercise as that, i'd be proud of myself!!!
    i've six lb to the half way point.... i only realised that the other day. it's a nice second mini-goal to focus on!

well done you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »

Well aren't I the glad girl that I decided to start with Davina, and not Jillian. I considered it, but thought that anything that promises a loss of that many lb in so few days might be a mistake!!! that said, I haven't exactly been killing myself hanging out with davina either... the weather is so lovely, that I'm ditching my resolve to do the dvd, in favour of early morning walks around the block (around the block sounds relatively harmless, but I'll mention that I live on the side of a mountain, and it's a killer of a walk!!!

Hope it shows on the scales in the morning! Good luck to everyone!

Weigh in later, absolutely dreading it in case I'm disappointed! I tracked all week and got out walking a few times too but I used all my weeklies (though not my exercise pps).

I just want to get on the scales and find out one way or another! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ck83 wrote: »
    Well aren't I the glad girl that I decided to start with Davina, and not Jillian. I considered it, but thought that anything that promises a loss of that many lb in so few days might be a mistake!!! that said, I haven't exactly been killing myself hanging out with davina either... the weather is so lovely, that I'm ditching my resolve to do the dvd, in favour of early morning walks around the block (around the block sounds relatively harmless, but I'll mention that I live on the side of a mountain, and it's a killer of a walk!!!

Hope it shows on the scales in the morning! Good luck to everyone!

I actually did the Davina Ultimate Target last night after the 30 Day Shred. I did the fat burn section and boy did I sweat buckets. It's not as difficult as Jillians but it is tough in that you are moving constantly. I could really feel the effect they both had on my body this morning and I took my inches and I lost another inch on my belly, waist and hips and a half inch on my thighs :D On the downside I was up a lb on the scales so really hope that'll be gone by WI this evening!!
    Hope your WI went well and good luck to everyone else weighing in today!

Weigh in later, absolutely dreading it in case I'm disappointed! I tracked all week and got out walking a few times too but I used all my weeklies (though not my exercise pps).

I just want to get on the scales and find out one way or another! :o

Good Luck!!!:)

Baby75 wrote: »
    Good Luck!!!:)

Thanks a million, I'll make sure to let you all know how I get on. Weird to actually feel this nervous.... :p

Thanks a million, I'll make sure to let you all know how I get on. Weird to actually feel this nervous.... :p

I know that feeling :)

my WI in tomorrow after a 2 pound up last week from no were! due TOTM any day now, so not feeling to hopeful this week I am normally up 1.5 the week they are due! ah well I may be pleasantly surprised I hope! :)

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    I know that feeling :)

my WI in tomorrow after a 2 pound up last week from no were! due TOTM any day now, so not feeling to hopeful this week I am normally up 1.5 the week they are due! ah well I may be pleasantly surprised I hope! :)

Yeah I used to get a mostly STS the week before I was due but maybe if you're due now that's why you were up last week? You may indeed be pleasantly surprised!

I'll have my fingers crossed for you anyway :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement