Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

erico956 wrote: »
    I have a question about Zumba. My wife tried to get into aerobic fitness (she's 27) but feels a little sick afterwards. We thought she was just dehydrated and pushed water a little more. That didn't seem to work so she quit. She doesn't like to run, so I do that on my own? She is not overweight by any means but I would like her to get into shape for health reason - longterm. Is Zumba something she should look into? He mom goes to Zumba classes but my wife is a little scared to try for fear of going through the same thing she did with aerobics. I really don't know anything about Zumba so any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really have to post the best advice given on my site for others to see. Thanks. :)

http://www.gymfitness.us

Stange one that, may be worth talking to a instructor about or may be a doctor not an inner ear problem or something like that!

Zumba is great fun I love it, but it is like Aerboics as you are jummping around and doing some what similar moves you can watch video on youtube get an idea what its all all about, my instructor is brilliant its intense and great fun she puts the fun in exercise, some instructors go a slow pace some faster so she may find one that will work for her! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

Monife wrote: »
    Up 1lb at WI :( Nearly didn't get the courage to post. Bit p*ssed off to be honest. Thought I would be down 1/2lb or STS but with the dreaded TOM due, I suppose that explains it. Just unfair the way this happens to us girls, so with my paddy's weekend gain and this one, it means I have only lost 5lb in 10 weeks which has really disheartened me. Going to try hard this week but feeling a bit deflated tonight...

If its down to TOTM it may well be gone and then some next week! also 5 pounds in 10 weeks = 1/2 a pound a week will would add up to a 2 stone loss in a year :) still 5 pound less than you were :) Fair play for posting I know how hard it is when you so disheartned over a gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Baby75 wrote: »
    If its down to TOTM it may well be gone and then some next week! also 5 pounds in 10 weeks = 1/2 a pound a week will would add up to a 2 stone loss in a year :) still 5 pound less than you were :) Fair play for posting I know how hard it is when you so disheartned over a gain.

Thanks. I am just so disheartened even if it is 2 stone in a year because I have almost 6 stone left to lose, that's 3 years at the rate I am going (not to mention the 16 months I have already been at it). Will keep trucking on anywho :o

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I really pushed myself today...

Was really good food wise and i went for a jog in the park for 30 mins (fast walked for some of it) and i have just done 40 mins on the wii fit... gained 9 activity pp today... :D

Just eating a curly wurly at the moment and i still have another 2pp to use and I am completely stuffed...

I am trying to eat small amounts every 90mins/2 hours during the day whether its fruit or something else like the WW ginger nuts which I have had to hide because the OH and my daughter were milling them on me!!! haha!

Hopefully eating more regularly will up my metabolism... i find if I eat less during the day and save the majority of my pp for dinner or the evenings I tend to either lose less or STS more often than if i eat small amounts more regularly throughout the day...

On the subject of Zumba... I tried it but I was mortified because i have absoutely no rhythm... hahaha! I got the My Fitness Coach dance workout so i can do it at home... its just as good (in my opinion better) than zumba. Very easy to follow and you really work up a sweat... there is boxercise on it as well... which is great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a Wii console..especially seen as the weather is to take a turn over the next few days....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks. I am just so disheartened even if it is 2 stone in a year because I have almost 6 stone left to lose, that's 3 years at the rate I am going (not to mention the 16 months I have already been at it). Will keep trucking on anywho :o

Sorry to hear you're feeling disheartened. I know what slow weight loss does to your self-esteem but the main thing is to keep going. Have you tried doing different things to try and get the scales moving again? I know you work so upping exercise or changing it may not be an option. Maybe try limiting carbs to one meal or if you have treats or drink fizzy drinks maybe give them up until easter? Try and have different types of foods which I know can be difficult if you're a fussy eater like myself. If you eat all your weeklies maybe try and limit them this week or if you don't eat them, try and eat them. If you drink alcohol maybe give it up for a week.
    I have also heard of people take a break from rigorous pointing for a week but still ate healthy choices and they lost weight. They found they were stressing so much that as they were more relaxed their body relaxed as well.

Also have you measured inches? I STS this week again but I was down another 3 inches so it could be worth measuring yourself as well as looking at the scales.
    Sorry I can't be more help but it really is worth trying a few things to see what will get the weight going. Also talk to your leader and see can she/he give you some advice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Ive 2pp's left for the day, haven't touched weeklies yet and earned 6 activity points today, should I use the last 2 points even if I'm
    not a bit hungry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're feeling disheartened. I know what slow weight loss does to your self-esteem but the main thing is to keep going. Have you tried doing different things to try and get the scales moving again? I know you work so upping exercise or changing it may not be an option. Maybe try limiting carbs to one meal or if you have treats or drink fizzy drinks maybe give them up until easter? Try and have different types of foods which I know can be difficult if you're a fussy eater like myself. If you eat all your weeklies maybe try and limit them this week or if you don't eat them, try and eat them. If you drink alcohol maybe give it up for a week.
    I have also heard of people take a break from rigorous pointing for a week but still ate healthy choices and they lost weight. They found they were stressing so much that as they were more relaxed their body relaxed as well.

Also have you measured inches? I STS this week again but I was down another 3 inches so it could be worth measuring yourself as well as looking at the scales.
    Sorry I can't be more help but it really is worth trying a few things to see what will get the weight going. Also talk to your leader and see can she/he give you some advice :)

You could also try a F+H day? or a F+H week if you're feeling brave! I swore I would try that last week, but then i never did.... oops. I would bear it in mind though, if you want to kickstart yourself- or mix things up a little bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

erico956 wrote: »
    I have a question about Zumba. My wife tried to get into aerobic fitness (she's 27) but feels a little sick afterwards. We thought she was just dehydrated and pushed water a little more. That didn't seem to work so she quit. She doesn't like to run, so I do that on my own? She is not overweight by any means but I would like her to get into shape for health reason - longterm. Is Zumba something she should look into? He mom goes to Zumba classes but my wife is a little scared to try for fear of going through the same thing she did with aerobics. I really don't know anything about Zumba so any help would be greatly appreciated. I would really have to post the best advice given on my site for others to see. Thanks. :)

I'm just in the door from zumba now! It was a great class but as Baby has already said it's very like aerobics. Our leader told us today though that she's starting a zumba 'gold' class for people with any sort of ailment. There's no jumping around in it so maybe something like that would be worth a go? If she talks to the teachers they will show her how to modify the steps for lower impact but still getting a workout in. Also, when I first went I was so scared and thought I'd be so embarrassed but then you realise almost everyone is in the same boat and it's such a laugh! Hope she finds something that suits her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ck83 wrote: »
    You could also try a F+H day? or a F+H week if you're feeling brave! I swore I would try that last week, but then i never did.... oops. I would bear it in mind though, if you want to kickstart yourself- or mix things up a little bit!

I knew I forgot something :) I'd be a bit weary about that though in terms of managing portion control. But if you can manage that then I'd definitely give it a go and even do it every second day or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Ah Ali, delighted with the new class. There's a guy leader & he's real relaxed & was addressing everyone by name in the class and knew their whole stories etc it was great. And he had plently of lovely 'real' tips too which I'm defo gonna go off and try. Like the other one just use to sound like she'd swallowed a WW encylopedia & she used to just keep rattling it off. So am happy with this one now. Big phew! :)

Oh and I was expecting to be up, no doubt, coz I didn't even go to a WI last week & down 1.5lbs! It's no half way like yourself missus, but I hope I'll get there :-)

Were you going in Dublin city centre by any chance.....? If so, I think I know the leader you used to have :P

I was indeed ;-)

You prob understand my recent struggle so ;-)

• Advertisement

Think I'll make BNS chips tomorrow for dinner, and operation transformation goujons.
    Ive never made BNS chips before- I presume I just chop it up and stick it in the oven? Maybe a bit of salt n peppa???

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Down 3lbs at wi tonight delighted!! :-) I think what worked for me this week was eating more for breakfast which in turn made me eat a smaller dinner and less snacks in the evening. Also the longer evenings just make it so much easier to go walking.
    Got those slim noodles so gonna try them out tomorrow for dinner. They were quite expensive though but worth it for the 0pp value :-)

Boop22 wrote: »
    Down 3lbs at wi tonight delighted!! :-) I think what worked for me this week was eating more for breakfast which in turn made me eat a smaller dinner and less snacks in the evening. Also the longer evenings just make it so much easier to go walking.
    Got those slim noodles so gonna try them out tomorrow for dinner. They were quite expensive though but worth it for the 0pp value :-)

yaaaaay! well done Boop!!! 3lbs!! thats deadly!!! :D:D

Where did you get those noodles??? and how much were they... might give them a bash over the weekend....

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

ali85 wrote: »

yaaaaay! well done Boop!!! 3lbs!! thats deadly!!! :D:D

Where did you get those noodles??? and how much were they... might give them a bash over the weekend....

Got them in the health store in Blanch centre. They were 2.95 and the pack is only about the size of a pack of koka noodles!!!!

I've become a bit addicted to homemade chips/wedges. The only time I seem to have potato that isn't cooked like that is at my parents house or eating out. I mean I know it's the same as other potato but they are just so tasty it feels like I'm eating something I shouldn't far too often!

Hi Tiny! How do you make yours?

Congrats Boop, great loss :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hi Tiny! How do you make yours?

There is a post about it on my blog - http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/2012/02/fish-and-chips.html

I either cut them into wedges or into chunky chips. Both work exactly the same way!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me how to upload my weight loss ticker?

I see them on this site and have no idea how to put mine up!!

Thanks - happy Friday!!!

I am not far behind you 12 months now and will just keep at it, I lose it slow and like you if I get a gain it can take 3 weeks to get back to were I was, I try not to think about it though, I just keep focusing on how far I've come and I can see and feel a difference now we will get there! Im right behind you :)
    dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks - happy Friday!!!

when you create a ticker you get a code, go to your profile and edit signature you can save the code there :)

I was down 1.5 at weigh in happy with that was so worried I would gain even though I know I tracked and earned plenty of exercise points, still have 1/2 a pound to get back to were I was before 2 pound gain the week before :( that came from no were! hope that was to do with TOTM being due and wont get me again when they arrive.

Yesterday was an awful food day, I ate loads I never do that so have to bite the bullet and total it all up and make sure its tracked! if Im supper good I should be OK for next week WI hoping I have at least another 7 pounds gone by the 19 of May FX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Got them in the health store in Blanch centre. They were 2.95 and the pack is only about the size of a pack of koka noodles!!!!

I deffo want to try these..... Be great for a day where I've gone overboard at lunch and want a filling dinner without killing my weeklies!
    I was indeed ;-)

You prob understand my recent struggle so ;-)

I do indeed, I'm going to her at the moment. She's not BAD but she comes off like has no real passion for it.

The sad thing is that I have an amazing leader who was with me every step of the way last time, but I don't want to go back to her yet. I know she'd be only delighted to see me back, but I want to get rid of some of the excess first and come back to her pretty much where we left off. I will go back to her though. She's the one I want to see my get my goal :D (In 2014 or so :p)

A good leader makes all the difference. My mam isn't that much over her healthy weight, but a few years ago (actually thinking about it, it was around the time of my 21st so ehhhh almost 6 years ago :eek: ) she and my auntie joined WW with me at a class in Tallaght. The leader was terrible (She's not there anymore coz I had WI there a few weeks ago) but at the time my mam was mid forties and had about a stone and a half to lose... the leader said to her and my auntie (who is around the same age and hald about 2st to lose) "well look ladies, if you follow the plan like I tell you, you will be skinny like me"

My mam almost choked... She said she just felt the leader was soooo condesending that she ended up going for 2 weeks and then just doing it herself at home. She has been totally put off the whole WW thing because of it. I think its only now, that I am doing so well and she sees how brilliant my leader is that she is coming around to it again. Its amazing how there is such a big gap between the leaders abilities. Some are absolutely amazing and others are just there to, like Baileypants says to reproduce the WW encyclopedia. We all want to know our leaders are normal people, with normal cravings and normal downfalls like the rest of us, not a genetically modified WW robot....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

A good leader makes all the difference. My mam isn't that much over her healthy weight, but a few years ago (actually thinking about it, it was around the time of my 21st so ehhhh almost 6 years ago :eek: ) she and my auntie joined WW with me at a class in Tallaght. The leader was terrible (She's not there anymore coz I had WI there a few weeks ago) but at the time my mam was mid forties and had about a stone and a half to lose... the leader said to her and my auntie (who is around the same age and hald about 2st to lose) "well look ladies, if you follow the plan like I tell you, you will be skinny like me"

My mam almost choked... She said she just felt the leader was soooo condesending that she ended up going for 2 weeks and then just doing it herself at home. She has been totally put off the whole WW thing because of it. I think its only now, that I am doing so well and she sees how brilliant my leader is that she is coming around to it again. Its amazing how there is such a big gap between the leaders abilities. Some are absolutely amazing and others are just there to, like Baileypants says to reproduce the WW encyclopedia. We all want to know our leaders are normal people, with normal cravings and normal downfalls like the rest of us, not a genetically modified WW robot....

How ridiculous and awful - that would put me off ww for life!! How do ww let these people out to be their representatives?? Just mindboggling! :confused:

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks - happy Friday!!!

There are URLs etc on the ticker site, you just copy and paste them into a post on here ;)

I deffo want to try these..... Be great for a day where I've gone overboard at lunch and want a filling dinner without killing my weeklies!

I do indeed, I'm going to her at the moment. She's not BAD but she comes off like has no real passion for it.

The sad thing is that I have an amazing leader who was with me every step of the way last time, but I don't want to go back to her yet. I know she'd be only delighted to see me back, but I want to get rid of some of the excess first and come back to her pretty much where we left off. I will go back to her though. She's the one I want to see my get my goal :D (In 2014 or so :p)

PM'd you there ;)

Here Here !! :)

JudyD wrote: »
    How ridiculous and awful - that would put me off ww for life!! How do ww let these people out to be their representatives?? Just mindboggling! :confused:
    Here Here !! :)

Thats what I have been thinking Judy... these people represent the company and the brand... My leader has at least 4 classes FULL every wednesday and I know she definitely has at least one on a Tuesday (which Tiny Penguin attends) and another on a Thursday... She is clearly doing something right where some of the classes I have attended (and I have attended QUITE a few ;) the classes have been half empty with most people coming, getting weighed and feckin off. Surely WW top dogs can check their records and see... "right well since January 100 people have joined that class, natural departures could account for about 20/30 people leaving but why are there only 30 people left??? " Its all a numbers game and people are not going to waste their hard earned €10 or €20 join fee for a class that they get nothing back from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Thats what I have been thinking Judy... these people represent the company and the brand... My leader has at least 4 classes FULL every wednesday and I know she definitely has at least one on a Tuesday (which Tiny Penguin attends) and another on a Thursday... She is clearly doing something right where some of the classes I have attended (and I have attended QUITE a few ;) the classes have been half empty with most people coming, getting weighed and feckin off. Surely WW top dogs can check their records and see... "right well since January 100 people have joined that class, natural departures could account for about 20/30 people leaving but why are there only 30 people left??? " Its all a numbers game and people are not going to waste their hard earned €10 or €20 join fee for a class that they get nothing back from.

I agree - she has 5 classes on a tuesday where I am, one recently added to deal with the huge numbers of people in her class. There are always massive queues there - she has 2 staff there, one who goes through the program with newbies (who is also absolutely brilliant) because she just simply doesn't have the time. There are always people still queuing when the class starts and need to be weighed after. And despite the massive numbers of people she must see every week she remembers almost everyone and even little personal details about their journey. I have heard nothing but GLOWING reviews about her and I really think WW ireland should use her skills as a training tool for more leaders. I have had a lot of leaders over the years. Some good, some very good and some bad. But none have come close to how good Mary is. But i think if I were ever to come across a bad leader I would make a complaint to WW and not just leave, as a bad leader can have huge effects and there must be a way for them to measure the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Feeling really tired today, which means I'm susceptible to eating anything in my sight! Luckily I brought my lunch to college with me today. Smell of subway and pizza around the place is killing me though! Having WW Spagetti Bolognese tonight for din dins, really looking forward to it! Taking a break from the exercise today. Have been in the gym twice this week, zumba last night, zumba toning tuesday night and went running twice too. Think a night off is in order!

• Advertisement

Had a lovely walk last night in the sunshine.... it's coooold today (probably not actually that cold, but such a change from the last few days, so feel like I've been plunged back into the depths of winter!), so i'm going to do a bit of boot camp Davina, and maybe a quick lap around the block this pm, when my mam comes home from work, and can sit with the babs- our roads are really bad, don't like bringing the buggy- it's not the safest!!! The bright evenings are great for heading off by myself though!

Having the gnocchi tonight for dinner- i'm looking forward to trying something new.
    I did a run to aldi earlier, to pick up a few bits that i've seen mentioned here... low fat frozen yogurt, chicken burgers, and those burger buns (which are 3 pp- the lowest i've found anywhere- thanks ali!!).

Made a smoothie at lunch time- i'd forgotten how much i love smoothies- berries, frozen yogurt, apple juice and banana. delicious. and only 2pp!!!

Thanks everyone for all the tips, advice, and support... it's such a great thread!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement