Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Monife wrote: »
    I don't know where you're living but JC's in Swords have the ham and a huge range of WW products. Dunnes usually are the main stockist of WW in the main supermarkets but of late I haven't seen much WW stuff there.

I was there on Monday but i didnt see it? Is it in with the normal ham or do they have their own stand? Would anybody mind posting up an example of their healthy and filling day? I am trying to follow this for a couple of days to see what its like. I made a pork stir dry last night with one of those blue dragon sauces it was really nice. I am not the best cook but really need to improve on this to be successful in loosing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Most sliced ham is quite low in points, usually 2 slices for 1PP. You should bring your calculator into the supermarket with you and point a few packets of ham. I don't know where you're living but JC's in Swords have the ham and a huge range of WW products. Dunnes usually are the main stockist of WW in the main supermarkets but of late I haven't seen much WW stuff there.

To be honest I am seeing much less WW products around - is it just me? :confused:

The Tesco near where I work don't have the cakes/bars they used to have and Dunnes have way less than they used to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

To be honest I am seeing much less WW products around - is it just me? :confused:

The Tesco near where I work don't have the cakes/bars they used to have and Dunnes have way less than they used to....

Yep there definitely is. All the supermarkets around me don't carry the same amount that they used to. It's even becoming harder to get the WW bread which used to be the one that I was guaranteed to get. I think it's to do with the cost of producing and distributing those products because I don't think sales are great. If you noticed after they changed to propoints last year it was months before the old point stuff were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Yep there definitely is. All the supermarkets around me don't carry the same amount that they used to. It's even becoming harder to get the WW bread which used to be the one that I was guaranteed to get. I think it's to do with the cost of producing and distributing those products because I don't think sales are great. If you noticed after they changed to propoints last year it was months before the old point stuff were gone.

I noticed the same thing. Im mad for the WW cream - use it in cooking all the time and its nowhere to be found anymore. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Didn't bring lunch today :o Have some mixed salad upstairs so I think I'll get a shapers meal deal from boots to have with that.

Is there anything in the Shapers range I should definitely steer clear of? Have the PP calculator app on my phone anyway, but it's always nice to know what should set off the alarm bells!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Having a hungry day today. Only have 6pp left for dinner and planned on having chilli crab pasta so will have to dip into my weeklies a bit this week. No plans on drinking though my cousins are having us up for pizza tomorrow night. Still shouldnt have to use too many weeklies at all!

Looking forward to the weekend, my flu/sore throat will hopefully be well enough tomorrow for me to get back to the gym!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I know some of you here watch The Biggest Loser but I've never seen it before. I just started watching it online after being curious about Jillian Michaels. I am hooked their weight losses each week are incredible although is it healthy? One guy lost 41lbs in one week :eek:

There is a line that one of the guys said which was "I want to be the person that I am in my mind". This really hit home with me because I have this picture of myself in my head being slim and confident and not a care in the world and I would love to be that person!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

ban25 wrote: »
    Thanks ali!! Youve really helped got my1st stone tonight!! Delighted! a treat is well deserved!!

Well doe you"""
    I'd be weary of the veg and potatoes served at events like this. I work as a waitress and the amount of REAL butter and oils they put on the veg and potatoes that they serve is sickening. I've watched the chefs put 3 full blocks of Kerry Gold butter on the potatoes they serve.

Ooooh which one did you get? I'm a Davina fanatic. I've 5 of her DVDs and I love doing them and since I started doing them properly 3 weeks ago I've lost inches :D

Its Davina's ultimate target... it's not bad. didn't do too much today, as was for a walk this am, and only got half way through the ab bit when the baby kicked up, but i'll def be putting it on daily from now on!!!
    Downloaded loads of new music last night and can't wait to get out walking later and listen to it :D:D
    love that! lots of choons for pounding the pavements!!!

I know some of you here watch The Biggest Loser but I've never seen it before. I just started watching it online after being curious about Jillian Michaels. I am hooked their weight losses each week are incredible although is it healthy? One guy lost 41lbs in one week :eek:

There is a line that one of the guys said which was "I want to be the person that I am in my mind". This really hit home with me because I have this picture of myself in my head being slim and confident and not a care in the world and I would love to be that person!!

ive watched the biggest loser uk and ireland the last couple of years... never the US/Oz versions though... i used to, but i once read an interview in a newspaper with a girl who'd previously been in the biggest loser house in the US, and she said that it's often not true to life- i.e. that it's not in real time... there might be four weeks between weigh ins, and that's how the losses are so big- the general public are always lead to believe its weekly weighs though... i don't think it's possible to get such big losses other than that being the actual explanation. it's so dangerous though, i figured at the time that there could be people at home trying to replicate those losses, and doing themselves lots of damage.
    the uk and ireland version was quite believable- much more realistic losses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Taz1 wrote: »

So that went quite well! I didn't feel the need to snack or want anything sweet when usually I would! To continue on from what I had for lunch, I had a snack around 5 o clock which was the left over fruit salad and yoghurt from lunch and a bowl of 'apple crumble' the recipe for which I got from the F&H booklet. Then I went training at 7 and after that made a nice F&H vegetable curry with brown rice. Finally, treated myself to a snack size crunchie bar which I'll take 2pp from my weeklies for! All in all I found it to work quite well, it taught me to be more aware of how full I feel and not overeating just for the sake of it. But I shall see at WI next week anyway!

Can u post the recipie 4 the F&H crumble?? Im doing it @home so got no bookie wookie!! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Danii86 wrote: »
    Can u post the recipie 4 the F&H crumble?? Im doing it @home so got no bookie wookie!! Thanks

Yeah no problem!
    Mix oats with 1 teaspoon of healthy oil and fry or bake until golden.
    Cook apple slices or halves until soft then top with the golden oats to serve.
    Great with low fat plain or 0% Greek yogurt.
    Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Gosh its very quiet on here as of late? Hoping its not because everyone was
    too guilty to face WI this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MissShoes

Ok my 1st post, WI this week lost 3lbs :) but going out for Italian dinner tomorrow night I still have my 49 points but not sure what to eat tomorrow night

MissShoes wrote: »
    Ok my 1st post, WI this week lost 3lbs :) but going out for Italian dinner tomorrow night I still have my 49 points but not sure what to eat tomorrow night

Welcome & congrats! Don't stress too much about dinner if you still have your full 49 points you should be okay with almost anything you have!
    If you're really that worried I'd suggest deciding between a starter or dessert instead of having both and careful with the alcohol!

Welcome & congrats! Don't stress too much about dinner if you still have your full 49 points you should be okay with almost anything you have!
    If you're really that worried I'd suggest deciding between a starter or dessert instead of having both and careful with the alcohol!

Thanks a mil finding the weight loss a struggle this time round I have been up and down since January. Was so happy with my 3lbs hope I can keep it up now.

I kinda wish i had picked Chinese as I know the menu & points I find the eating out book a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Hen weekend this weekend!! HELP!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hen weekend this weekend!! HELP!!!!!!

I'm prob not the best to be giving advice as I was up this week after my weekend away. Ooops. My advice wud be to try and avoid take aways at the end of the nite. Bring some low pp crisps to have in ur room from when u get home from pub and maybe some ww bars. Also try go easy on the alcohol until late evening, that's were I went wrong!!lol most of all, enjoy :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Boop22 wrote: »
    Back from WI and up 2.5 pounds:eek::eek: Gutted but deserved it i suppose after my weekend away:rolleyes:

New week starting now and i WILL lose this week :D

Meet your sister ;)
    Up 2.5ibs yesterday. Also after a bruuuuutal weekend.
    Just decided though to face up to it and will deffo have a loss next week.
    7 pounds from goal now, (2.5Ibs further than last week but sure there ya go:)

Onwards and downwards y'all!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

ive been so good the past 2 days since my WI... stayed within my dailies both today and yesterday because Im going shopping for easter clothes tomorrow with my mam and the little one so no doubt we will grab something to eat when we are out.

Im looking forward to clothes shopping for the first time in AGES!!!! usually I was grabbing the 16 and hoping for the best and still ending up with mountains of muffin top :D

I have a good stretch to go,(23lbs) but for some reason I am really starting to feel like I can do it this time.

Im not going to spend too much tomorrow though, have a voucher from penneys that i got for christmas that I was saving until I lost some weight, but its got to the point now where my backside has gone, muffin top is still here but my jeans are way too baggy around the backside so I think I will go for the elasticky size 12 jeans... :D

Got some of the mini WW cookbooks in Easons today... Winter Warmers and Italian. The books are only €3.99. The only thing is, the pp isn't on the recipes but they seem easy enough to work out....

Sorry for the long post, just the day doesn't seem right if I don't have my little schpeil on this! haha! :D

ali85 wrote: »
    Im not going to spend too much tomorrow though, have a voucher from penneys that i got for christmas that I was saving until I lost some weight, but its got to the point now where my backside has gone, muffin top is still here but my jeans are way too baggy around the backside so I think I will go for the elasticky size 12 jeans... :D
    ! :D

Aw enjoy the shopping babes. Something new that fits well will boost you on no end :D
    Enjoy!!

Gosh its very quiet on here as of late? Hoping its not because everyone was
    too guilty to face WI this week!

Probably! Our class was like a ghost town yesterday. About ten people when there's normally 30 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

Bernso wrote: »
    Probably! Our class was like a ghost town yesterday. About ten people when there's normally 30 or so.

The classes in Ashbourne used to be packed but sometimes there is only a handfull of people in them now. Slimming World appears to be very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey all after a good week back in gym walked every day and good food I gained 400g!! (oz ww) aaahhh iv basically been the same weight for 5 weeks after changing it up moving more everything!! Cnt seem to get it right! Had assessment in the gym this morning so going to do my program this week see it that makes any difference! Swear it's like pro points doesn't like me :-) have a great weekend everyone x

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

So I was doing my weird lunch time thing of pointing random foods from other peoples lunches (things I want to eat but think would be far to high to actually eat) and I discovered something shocking! A bag of King Lite crisps 35g - not from a multi pack is 5pp and a 40g bag of Kettle Chips is 6pp - never going near King Lite again and Kettle Chips are not as bad as I would have thought!!!

Also I just compared the nutritional info on King Lite to a bag of normal Tayto - and while the King have less fat they have far more carbs so that balances the pp out to be the same!

Hey I know this was a while ago but do you know how many pp in a multi pack bag of king light I think it's like 25/28g thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi shelly, I'm nearly sure they are 4pp.

mrs crilly wrote: »
    The classes in Ashbourne used to be packed but sometimes there is only a handfull of people in them now. Slimming World appears to be very popular.

I didn't like slimming world but I know people who love it. You can eat lots of carbs on it. However, I think all progrmames work if you commit and are in the right headspace! I personally prefer the ww programme by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Hey I know this was a while ago but do you know how many pp in a multi pack bag of king light I think it's like 25/28g thanks a million

The king light in the 6pack are 3pp

My word but it is very quiet on here today! Just getting ready for my cousins confirmation. Dose. Could do without any big meals this weekend, after last weeks indulgences! On the plus side, I don't like the restaurant, so it might not be too difficult to abstain from some bits! Will be home early ish- walk or swim should help keep me on track!

Hi does anyone know where I can get the WW sticky toffee pudding. I use to get them in Dunnes in Maynooth and Superquin in Lucan but can't get my hands on them lately at all and I'm really missing them

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Hi does anyone know where I can get the WW sticky toffee pudding. I use to get them in Dunnes in Maynooth and Superquin in Lucan but can't get my hands on them lately at all and I'm really missing them

I was in Dunnes in Blanch today and they had the choc eclairs and the bannoffe too but didn't see the sticky toffee im afraid.

Perhaps Heinz pulling back as the products seem to scarce lately.

Info here re where to get them but seems UK based.

http://www.heinz.co.uk/ourfood/weightwatchers/Wheretobuy

• Advertisement

Eclairs and banoffee seems to be all that's on the go lately. There's an awful lot less stuff since it switched over to propoints it seems! Last time I did ww there was lovely mint choc ice-cream pots. I loved them, but no sign lately! :( I was in iceland the other day, and they had a few bits over and above the usual- I didn't notice if there was sticky toffee pud tho!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement