Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Hi Guys,

I re-joined weight watchers last night, new card and all (I couldn't bear to use my old one coz it's covered in silver 7s that I don't deserve!)

I was very obese the last time I joined, and I lost 4 stone 8 pounds..... unfortunately I got complacent in it (despite being a fair bit from goal!) and when I had some major upheavals in life I gained almost a stone (while sporadically attending meetings and never really getting into the pro points).

After that, I buried my head in the sand and stopped going altogether. That was a year ago.

I'm now 2 and a half stone heavier than the lightest I've been :( but still two stone less than my original starting weight - thank god, coz I promised myself never again!!

I know how to do it, but now I have to make it happen. I found the strength and motivation once.... I hope I can do it again. I want to feel the way I did back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

ali85 wrote: »
    let us know how you get on....am seriously considering giving it a go..... good luck hun!

It's going well so far I think! I felt like a proper pig having 4 (yes 4,thats how much it took to fill me!) weetabix with skimmed milk for breakfast with a cup of tea with skimmed milk. Admittedly it kept me very full until lunch at around 1 which I then had 3 slices of ww brown bread toasted with sliced banana on top. After that I had a bowl of chopped fruit (kiwi, manadrins, strawberries and grapes) with 2 or 3 tablespoons of zero fat organic yoghurt on top. I had a pink and white and another cup of tea to finish my lunch on a sweet note. I took the 1 pp for the pink and white off my weekies and 2 hours on am still nicely full. Hope I'm doing alright and amn't doing any damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

cosmic wrote: »
    I had WI in last night. At the end of week 3 I'm now down a stone exactly. I've been working my ass off (literally!) and am delighted to see that my hard work is paying off :D
    Great going. Well done!

Quote: Originally Posted by Das Kitty
    Got it!

Down 2lb. 4 weeks maintenance now and I will have my hot little hands on my goldcard after 10 years on and off.

Well done you! that's great!!!

Well done you!!

Im am back in the zone..!! and nicotine free and no alcohol this weekend pure detox :)

Also I know there was a disgustion about the other problem we have with dieting.. emm being blocked up down there.. well Iv booked in for colonic hydrotherapy.. has anyone ever had one of these?? Bit nervous !!! Weigh in on Saturday need a loss for my sanity :D
    Pregnancy, childbirth, motherhood and now dieting have played havoc with me in that dept. Duphalac sorted it all out!

Hi Guys,

I re-joined weight watchers last night, new card and all (I couldn't bear to use my old one coz it's covered in silver 7s that I don't deserve!)

I was very obese the last time I joined, and I lost 4 stone 8 pounds..... unfortunately I got complacent in it (despite being a fair bit from goal!) and when I had some major upheavals in life I gained almost a stone (while sporadically attending meetings and never really getting into the pro points).

After that, I buried my head in the sand and stopped going altogether. That was a year ago.

I'm now 2 and a half stone heavier than the lightest I've been :( but still two stone less than my original starting weight - thank god, coz I promised myself never again!!

I know how to do it, but now I have to make it happen. I found the strength and motivation once.... I hope I can do it again. I want to feel the way I did back then.
    It's so easy to undo it all- I don't know how but it is. The first time I joined ww, I was in college, and at 13 St 10lb, was a fair bit overweight. I thought I was absolutely massive. I'm 5'9", so I really couldn't have been. I dropped out when I was 3 lb off goal. Thought I'd do it myself. That was summer 05. I rejoined in jan 12. Actually massive this time. 17 and a half stone. That's hard for me to even tell strangers. In my defence, I had a baby 8 weeks before that.
    Main thing is, we've seen the light now. Back on the wagon. Welcome to this thread. It's great.
    All I have to say is, I can't wait to be 13 St 10 lb now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Taz1 wrote: »
    It's going well so far I think! I felt like a proper pig having 4 (yes 4,thats how much it took to fill me!) weetabix with skimmed milk for breakfast with a cup of tea with skimmed milk. Admittedly it kept me very full until lunch at around 1 which I then had 3 slices of ww brown bread toasted with sliced banana on top. After that I had a bowl of chopped fruit (kiwi, manadrins, strawberries and grapes) with 2 or 3 tablespoons of zero fat organic yoghurt on top. I had a pink and white and another cup of tea to finish my lunch on a sweet note. I took the 1 pp for the pink and white off my weekies and 2 hours on am still nicely full. Hope I'm doing alright and amn't doing any damage!

That sounds good, the only thing that worries me about it is exactly what you are talking about. Portion sizes....It seems to work for a lot of people. keep me posted hun!

ck83 wrote: »
    It's so easy to undo it all- I don't know how but it is. The first time I joined ww, I was in college, and at 13 St 10lb, was a fair bit overweight. I thought I was absolutely massive. I'm 5'9", so I really couldn't have been. I dropped out when I was 3 lb off goal. Thought I'd do it myself. That was summer 05. I rejoined in jan 12. Actually massive this time. 17 and a half stone. That's hard for me to even tell strangers. In my defence, I had a baby 8 weeks before that.
    Main thing is, we've seen the light now. Back on the wagon. Welcome to this thread. It's great.

I can't even blame pregnancy on my weight gain. I had my daughter when I was really young, only 16/17, (shes 10 now) and I think I went up to around 11st when I was at 38 weeks. It was about a year or so after that that I gained my weight when she was a year and a half or two. I suppose running around after her and me and the OH just eating rubbish when she went down at night.

I have been playing bungy WW since I was 19/20. I haven't had any more kids so i cant use that as any kinda excuse either. This time last year it was because I had a blood clot in my leg so in my messed up reasoning "whats the point in eating healthy when I can't exercise" ... I just realised over christmas, there will always be some reason why I "can't do it right now" so i just said feck it and take the bull by the horns.... im glad i did. Just hope I can follow through this time....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Got it!

Down 2lb. 4 weeks maintenance now and I will have my hot little hands on my goldcard after 10 years on and off.

:D

Absolutely delighted for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Nice to know there are other people in the same boat. I was 17 years old when I first joined (weighing slightly less than I do now!), 22 the second time (when I was massive) and I'm 24 now.

I never tell people what I weigh/have weighed, only two of my close friends know because I still feel so ashamed. I have never been pregnant so I don't even have an excuse!!

Even though I've never been close to goal, I felt amazing with the weight off. I had more energy, more confidence, I think even my hair and skin looked better.

I want to be that version of me again, but I suppose it's gonna take a long time and I'll just have to be patient... Focus on a stone at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

ban25 wrote: »
    Hiya, iv lost 11 and a half pound so far on ww!! been doing really well going to a wedding this weekend and am afraid ill fall off the wagon any tips ? thanks

Hi Ban - on top of ali's great advice - just remember whatever happens the day of the wedding get back on track straight away the following day - think damage limitation! And make sure to enjoy the day!! :D
    dolly2012 wrote: »
    hi all im new to this!! was just readin a bit throught the thread and i would really appreciate some advice.. i have joined ww so many times last time only few weeks ago but i never seem to do very well im not willing to go back to class as i would prefer to spend the €10 on zumba or swimming!? ive done everything motiviation gi ww sw all of them and this is the last straw i weigh 14 stone im 5*6 and my holidays are in june HELP is anybody else a dead loss how did u get out of the rut?? Thanks xox

Hi Dolly - I found I had to get my head straight. Alot of it is believing that you can do it (whatever programme you choose to follow) and sticking with it through good days and bad. Its not easy but you've a great incentive with holidays coming up and just think if you lose just 1lb a week you'll be 10lbs lighter by the end of May. Good luck! :)

• Advertisement

Found these wraps in Dunnes the other day... 4pp each.... 50% extra at the moment :)

I got the multigrain ones but they have the other types there aswell...

Mexma wraps http://www.mexmafood.eu/en/tortilla-wraps.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

evening guys just back from my WI and by some sheer miracle i lost 2pounds this week:eek: so thats 10pounds in 10 weeks, going to aim for a stone by easter and my 5%:D

well done to everyone on there losses, My leader said something tonight that i think is very true, if you can be a saint 90% of the time theres no harm in being a siner 10% of the time:)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Hi guys!

I was in town today and fancied something really sweet so I opted for a my swirl (regular tub of vanilla ice cream with lots of different fruits)

I'm thinking of pointing it this way; 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream = 9... It's whipped ice cream, the kind you'f get in a 99 cone..

Has anyone any ideas or has anyone pointed one of these before?!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Back from WI and up 2.5 pounds:eek::eek: Gutted but deserved it i suppose after my weekend away:rolleyes:

New week starting now and i WILL lose this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    Hi guys!

I was in town today and fancied something really sweet so I opted for a my swirl (regular tub of vanilla ice cream with lots of different fruits)

I'm thinking of pointing it this way; 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream = 9... It's whipped ice cream, the kind you'f get in a 99 cone..

Has anyone any ideas or has anyone pointed one of these before?!

A 99 from Supermacs is 5pp according to the nvs :) hope that helps some how :)

Boop22 wrote: »
    Back from WI and up 2.5 pounds:eek::eek: Gutted but deserved it i suppose after my weekend away:rolleyes:

New week starting now and i WILL lose this week :D

It will make you more determined for next week. I know that i woke up this morning with a good outlook....

im doing quite well today too... :) We will fix it over the next week or so!

Onward & downward boop!!! :D

It will make you more determined for next week. I know that i woke up this morning with a good outlook....

im doing quite well today too... :) We will fix it over the next week or so!

Onward & downward boop!!! :D

Thanks Ali, glad weigh in is over and I can concentrate on losing again:)

Not sure if it was yourself who was talking about the Birds Eye Chicken burgers for 3pp a couple of weeks ago. Just wondering if you or anyone knows the lowest pointed burger buns. I have been calculating points off the tesco wsebsite and Bundys 6 pack are coming up at 4pp, they seem to be the lowest:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Up 1.5lb at WI :D <--- Yes that is a smiley face ha ha

Have never been more delighted to be up :) 1.5lb is exactly what I deserved for my boldness and the reason I am so happy is that my own scales was showing +3lb which would have definitely been undeserved.

Hoping for a good loss next week, although I am having dinner out on Saturday but it's an early bird (like 5.30pm) so will try and snack on fruit and have a low PP brunch for the day so I can put most of my dailies to it and will make good choices, hopefully. Saving my weeklies for well deserved drinks on the weekend (been mental busy in work). Also, promise to do more exercise (well actually do some, haven't done a tap the last 10 days, but going to do at least 4 days).

Well done on the losses, STS and for the gains, we will have losses next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Realised too late to go out that I have no veg in for my dinner. Def have not had my 5a day today.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Some great losses after the long weekend. And good attitudes from any gains. Such great support and motivation on this thread. Would be totally lost without it!

Boop22 wrote: »
    Thanks Ali, glad weigh in is over and I can concentrate on losing again:)

Not sure if it was yourself who was talking about the Birds Eye Chicken burgers for 3pp a couple of weeks ago. Just wondering if you or anyone knows the lowest pointed burger buns. I have been calculating points off the tesco wsebsite and Bundys 6 pack are coming up at 4pp, they seem to be the lowest:confused:

I pointed burger buns from aldi @ 3pp I'm almost sure....I remember thinkin they were really low.... i think i have a pack in the freezer i must check it out... the chicken burgers from aldi (the ones in the orange bag) are 4pp....

I love chicken burgers... had one last night with onions and lettuce and extra light mayo... oh yes!!! comfort food for me! :D

• Advertisement

I pointed burger buns from aldi @ 3pp I'm almost sure....I remember thinkin they were really low.... i think i have a pack in the freezer i must check it out... the chicken burgers from aldi (tyhe ones in the orange bag) are 4pp....

I love chicken burgers... had one last night with onions and lettuce and extra light mayo... oh yes!!! comfort food for me! :D[/Quote]

Sounds yum. Deffo gonna get them tomorrow. Also really must start shopping in aldi:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

That sounds good, the only thing that worries me about it is exactly what you are talking about. Portion sizes....It seems to work for a lot of people. keep me posted hun!

So that went quite well! I didn't feel the need to snack or want anything sweet when usually I would! To continue on from what I had for lunch, I had a snack around 5 o clock which was the left over fruit salad and yoghurt from lunch and a bowl of 'apple crumble' the recipe for which I got from the F&H booklet. Then I went training at 7 and after that made a nice F&H vegetable curry with brown rice. Finally, treated myself to a snack size crunchie bar which I'll take 2pp from my weeklies for! All in all I found it to work quite well, it taught me to be more aware of how full I feel and not overeating just for the sake of it. But I shall see at WI next week anyway!

Exercise DVD arrived today. Me and davina are working out tomorrow! Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ban25

Thanks ali!! Youve really helped got my1st stone tonight!! Delighted! a treat is well deserved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ban25

JudyD wrote: »
    Hi Ban - on top of ali's great advice - just remember whatever happens the day of the wedding get back on track straight away the following day - think damage limitation! And make sure to enjoy the day!! :D

Hi Dolly - I found I had to get my head straight. Alot of it is believing that you can do it (whatever programme you choose to follow) and sticking with it through good days and bad. Its not easy but you've a great incentive with holidays coming up and just think if you lose just 1lb a week you'll be 10lbs lighter by the end of May. Good luck! :)

Thanks Judy and Ali!! great Advice!! I got my 1st stone tonight so im delighted so ill enjoy and get back on track the next day!! were is the best place to buy the weight watcher products im struggling to source the fresh foods such as ham etc in shops!! thanks for all your support

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dolly2012

Thanks for all the replies if everyone else is able to do this so am i and thats it im 14stone and im starting tmrw no more fat photos.. ill keep yez posted hope when i check in next time ill be down thanks a mill ill keep logging in love all the tips and seeing how other ppl are doing xoxox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

fill up on the veggies with your main, not sure how ya are with potatoes, they aren't really my thing, so I would eat the meat/fish and just the side veggies. As for the drinking, do your best to moderate yourself, but remember, you have to enjoy yourself too... so just save your weeklies and make extra activity pp just to make sure you stay ok....

I'd be weary of the veg and potatoes served at events like this. I work as a waitress and the amount of REAL butter and oils they put on the veg and potatoes that they serve is sickening. I've watched the chefs put 3 full blocks of Kerry Gold butter on the potatoes they serve.
    Exercise DVD arrived today. Me and davina are working out tomorrow! Bring it on!

Ooooh which one did you get? I'm a Davina fanatic. I've 5 of her DVDs and I love doing them and since I started doing them properly 3 weeks ago I've lost inches :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey all.. Thanks for the advice-- ali85 and ck3!!!

Well done on getting thru the post long weekend weigh in!! Mine is tomorrow. Been really good pointed everything thats past my lips from monday and I weigh in tomorrow morning (Saturday).

Trying f&h 2 weeks ago and i really dont think i have the self control yet..!! Think il will try and get my 5% first and take it from there.

@Monife thats a great surprise.. i hate WI at home the scales are never the same as WW very misleading.. good luck with the week ahead!! Im sure u'll be saying goodbye to the 1.5 next week :D

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! Going to the gym on my friday evening.. normally its any excuse to avoid it!!

ban25 wrote: »
    Thanks Judy and Ali!! great Advice!! I got my 1st stone tonight so im delighted so ill enjoy and get back on track the next day!! were is the best place to buy the weight watcher products im struggling to source the fresh foods such as ham etc in shops!! thanks for all your support

Most sliced ham is quite low in points, usually 2 slices for 1PP. You should bring your calculator into the supermarket with you and point a few packets of ham. I don't know where you're living but JC's in Swords have the ham and a huge range of WW products. Dunnes usually are the main stockist of WW in the main supermarkets but of late I haven't seen much WW stuff there.

• Advertisement

Downloaded loads of new music last night and can't wait to get out walking later and listen to it :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement