Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

deekildare wrote: »
    just remember spray oil has 1ppt for every 4 squirts the same as 1tsp 5ml

I think that that is the olive oil sprayer as in the WW one. I use the One Cal Spray and our leader says up to 19 sprays is 0pp after that you have to point it as 1. Although some receipes need a tsp of proper oil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Hi everyone!!

I have not posted for ages.. and yes Im still fighting the bulge! But now im living in Melbourne!! It has many advantages regarding weight loss.. good weather, fruits and veggies in season etc!

Anyways one major bad point is WW.. its so expensive $24 a class.. which i think is mental!! So i was just wondering do you guys know where I can get a list of the pp foods.. I left everything at home.. not very responsible as they are so handy..!!

Any help very much appreciated.. Happy new year for 2012 hope you all have your goals in place and are beginning to achieve them :)

Shell x

Hi Shell! Jealous of you living in Melbourne!! :D This is a great site for recipies and breaks down the ingredients into points. Not an exact list for you, but I find it great.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hobnob lover

ali85 wrote: »
    That is brilliant!!! Well done!!!! I am aiming for the same as you, 40lbs... so fingers crossed I have as good a week as you!

I am fighting temptation to get on the scales and have a sneaky look.... I have to wait till tomorrow evening.

I haven't found it too bad, although last night was a bit of a kicker.... lots of takeaways in the house because of the football... it was Tesco Light Choices Tikka for me!....
    I have 2 thoughts about the sneaky weigh as i like to call it :D
    1 if you weigh in and are down more than you thought it can boost you and make the hardship worth while cos you can see the result BUT! could it make you lazy?
    2 if you weigh in and are not down as much as youd like it can spur you on to achieve your target at actual weigh in BUT! could it demoralise you?

hard to know isnt it... i will have the odd sneaky weigh when i think i need motivation cos the positives in both scenarios above can be used as inspiration to achieve, it just depends how you look at it... best of luck on your journey and keep posting so we can lend the support :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

ali85 - How was Mexican nite?! :-)

it was put on hold until tonight bailey! :( I love the football as much as the next person, but beejeesus! this weird thing of needing a curry with a football match kicked in.

Have kidney beans soaking at home...so no excuses tonight... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

1 if you weigh in and are down more than you thought it can boost you and make the hardship worth while cos you can see the result BUT! could it make you lazy?
    2 if you weigh in and are not down as much as youd like it can spur you on to achieve your target at actual weigh in BUT! could it demoralise you?

hard to know isnt it... i will have the odd sneaky weigh when i think i need motivation cos the positives in both scenarios above can be used as inspiration to achieve, it just depends how you look at it... best of luck on your journey and keep posting so we can lend the support :D

Well done on your loos Hobnob lover! Have my first WI tonight and really nervous!

I was very tempted to have sneaky WI at the gym on sunday but the scales was broken (dont have one at home to tempt me) but I totally agree with your possible outcomes on it. I am always tempted to see how im doing but with fluctuations esp its better to be weighed once a week at around the same time! That way you know for sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

deekildare wrote: »
    just remember spray oil has 1ppt for every 4 squirts the same as 1tsp 5ml

No it doesn't. That is a misprint in your purple book. The WW leaders say you would need to use at least 19 sprays for it to count as 1PP.

Edit: Should have read rest of thread before posting, MaggieMay beat me to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

Hello - I follow this thread but rarely post. Brilliant tips on here. I started PP last yr after the xmas binge and did it for 4 weeks - found it didnt really work for me for some reason or another so went back on the old points which I lost 30lbs on in 2008 to get back down to close to goal aft xmas.

I usually take receipe ideas from here and convert them to points, I know its what works for me now.

I want to get back to goal and go below it by 5-6 pounds just to give myself some leeway before hitting for oz in March.

Started back on points last week and had my first weigh in this morn and I had lost 4lbs!!!:) delighted...only another 10lbs to go now

Well done to everyone on the losses this week. All I know from previously doing WW, mini goals are vital to stay focused, so I am aiming to have 5lbs more gone by valentines (hopefully!)

Made this gorgeous Broccoli, Garlic, Cheese Pasta last night - 8PP
    Gorgeous! I used gorgonzola instead of parmesan and cooked onions as well as garlic in the oil. Would you believe it's actually 10 times nicer again cold for my lunch today! Fantastic!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/07/easiest-pasta-and-broccoli-recipe.html?showComment=1326197373957#c6021019508148781557

Excuse the photo, I was half way through demolishing it when I thought to post it coz it was so tasty for 8PP :D

it was put on hold until tonight bailey! :( I love the football as much as the next person, but beejeesus! this weird thing of needing a curry with a football match kicked in.

Have kidney beans soaking at home...so no excuses tonight... :)

Sounds good! Think I'll go chili & brown rice myself this eve :D

Enjoy! ;)

Yea, just seen as it is my first week on Pro Points I just want to make sure I am moving in the right direction. Me nerves are gone! :P Had a decent walk yesterday and am planning another hour this evening, with 30 mins boxing on the wii fit. Trying to get myself fit is the main problem I am having. I have been on and off crutches for the last year and as a result I have to get used to walking distances again. I can't wait to be able to build it up to a jog, but I am taking it one pace at a time. I started this week with a shorter walk, gradually getting longer each day and with a faster pace.

Fingers crossed I have done enough!!! :D

When is your WI??? I think there are a lot of WI's this evening????

• Advertisement

Made this gorgeous Broccoli, Garlic, Cheese Pasta last night - 8PP
    Gorgeous! I used gorgonzola instead of parmesan and cooked onions as well as garlic in the oil. Would you believe it's actually 10 times nicer again cold for my lunch today! Fantastic!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/07/easiest-pasta-and-broccoli-recipe.html?showComment=1326197373957#c6021019508148781557

Excuse the photo, I was half way through demolishing it when I thought to post it coz it was so tasty for 8PP :D

Ah Baileypants that looks gorgeous! I love stuff like that!!! CHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!! I love it!!! :D:D:D:D

I'm after adding that site and the Skinny Doll Blog to my favourites on this so I can go in and have a nose. God I love this thread!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Weighed in today down 4lb this week, which is great news as i put 5lb on in December I'm now back at 12st 3lb, I started ww in August at 13st 11lb.

I love pro points :) Its transforming my life! I never ate vegetables till i started and had no calcium intake, it has totally made me grow up and start eating properly! If any newbees have any questions bout anything just shout and I will try my best to answer :)

Weighed in today down 4lb this week, which is great news as i put 5lb on in December I'm now back at 12st 3lb, I started ww in August at 13st 11lb.

I love pro points :) Its transforming my life! I never ate vegetables till i started and had no calcium intake, it has totally made me grow up and start eating properly! If any newbees have any questions bout anything just shout and I will try my best to answer :)

I love that a few on here are around the 12st mark like myself! Is def motivating to want to see everyone do well & do well myself when everyone is in the same boat :D

Well done on being down Lisa! :D

Ah Baileypants that looks gorgeous! I love stuff like that!!! CHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!! I love it!!! :D:D:D:D

I'm after adding that site and the Skinny Doll Blog to my favourites on this so I can go in and have a nose. God I love this thread!!!!!

Ok, so here's the last site I use besides Skinny Taste & Skinny Doll, it's laa loosh, similar kinda site. They're all fab for low points ideas :-) They have saved me a few times in the past wen I didn't know what to have and probably wouldn've slid down that slippery slope when not prepared! :p You can follow them on facebook too.;)

http://www.laaloosh.com/

Ok, so here's the last site I use besides Skinny Taste & Skinny Doll, it's laa loosh, similar kinda site. They're all fab for low points ideas :-) They have saved me a few times in the past wen I didn't know what to have and probably wouldn've slid down that slippery slope when not prepared! :p You can follow them on facebook too.;)

http://www.laaloosh.com/

Thats great Baileypants! Jesus between us we must have every WW site/blog known to man!!!! :D that's getting added as a fave as well!!! :D and im going to like them on facebook!

When is your WI Bailey????

Wow! Well done Lisa!!! that is great!!! :D

Thats great Baileypants! Jesus between us we must have every WW site/blog known to man!!!! :D that's getting added as a fave as well!!! :D and im going to like them on facebook!

When is your WI Bailey????

Wow! Well done Lisa!!! that is great!!! :D

God, don't be too hopful for me! 1st week & I'm only sort of getting the hang of it, finding it hard to stick within my points, but hopefully it'll have made some difference considering I'm not just eating everything I want to like I would have been before. And it's the TOTM as well, so that probably won't help on the scales, but it's on Thurs evening ;)

you would be surprised lisa.... when I was on WW before and it was TOTM and it didn't show on the scales it showed the following week twice over.... the great thing is that going to the classes and reading all this gives you a great confidence boost.

I always used to think that I was the only one who struggled with either the food or the exercise.... i felt RELATIVELY normal after being at the classes.

I always worry that I would end up a WW obsessive, but I have to say the new plan makes it a lot easier to eat the things you like and just know not to go over the top. A friend of my mam is a complete obsessive. If she eats a small bar of chocolate she is out walking for 2 hours to work it off. Even when she went gold member she was still going every week, the leader had to take her aside and try and calm her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Steelpony

Dunne's Stores "Better for You" Bacon medallions are 2 points for the whole pack, between 5 and 7 medallions. I usually get the packs with 6 medallions. Turkey sausages 2 PP each, or Quorn sausages 2 PP each. Everything else free, mushrooms, tomatoes, grilled peppers etc. Dunne's Stores "Better for You " bread 1 PP per slice, much nicer than Weight Watchers bread.

you would be surprised lisa.... when I was on WW before and it was TOTM and it didn't show on the scales it showed the following week twice over.... the great thing is that going to the classes and reading all this gives you a great confidence boost.

I always used to think that I was the only one who struggled with either the food or the exercise.... i felt RELATIVELY normal after being at the classes.

I always worry that I would end up a WW obsessive, but I have to say the new plan makes it a lot easier to eat the things you like and just know not to go over the top. A friend of my mam is a complete obsessive. If she eats a small bar of chocolate she is out walking for 2 hours to work it off. Even when she went gold member she was still going every week, the leader had to take her aside and try and calm her down.

Ah thanks for the pep talk! That made me feel much better, like not to woory too much coz I wasn't 'perfect' on my points. I hope I'll be down something, even 1lb would be good motivation! ;)

Your's is tomorrow evening is it?

yea, my sister is joining tomorrow night as well so it will be good that two of us out of the house are doing it.

Our house is a bit mad because we are back with my mam while saving for a house so there are at least 6 people for dinner each night, if not more... so trying to strike the balance between healthy and tasty is always hard.

Can't wait to get tomorrow night over with! once that first weigh in is out of the way I think i will relax a bit more haha!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Weigh in today, down 1/2lb thats 50.5lb to date! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Just a point to be mentioned on those american blogs....pro points and points + as there know in the states arent the same :( theyr calculated differently. My aunt lives in america and we figured this out when i was visiting her last may. You may want to point up the recipies yourself,the difference may only be 1 or 2 but that could be alot some weeks!!

Officialy back trackin this week, stood on the scales on sunday and the weight i had mysteriously lost over christmas had reappeared so i kinda stayed the same really. WI in the morn so we'l see how 2full days of being good looks.

No idea what to have 4 dinner, mum took homemade burgers i made and pointed ages out of the freezer but havnt a clue what to team with them, or if i even want them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

ali85 - had your fajita recipe tonight - Yummy! Went a wee bit overboard with the chilli flakes (:eek:) but other than that it was delicious! Loads left over for tomorrow's dinner for my boyfriend. Defo no scrimping on taste with it which is great.

I don't know wat you've all done to me, but I'm on my way to a boxerfit class which I would never normally go to haha!

Amazing result Jwacqui, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Down 1.5lbs today, yippee!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Danii86 wrote: »
    Just a point to be mentioned on those american blogs....pro points and points + as there know in the states arent the same :( theyr calculated differently. My aunt lives in america and we figured this out when i was visiting her last may. You may want to point up the recipies yourself,the difference may only be 1 or 2 but that could be alot some weeks!!

Officialy back trackin this week, stood on the scales on sunday and the weight i had mysteriously lost over christmas had reappeared so i kinda stayed the same really. WI in the morn so we'l see how 2full days of being good looks.

No idea what to have 4 dinner, mum took homemade burgers i made and pointed ages out of the freezer but havnt a clue what to team with them, or if i even want them :(

Points plus is the same as propoints, the only difference is they use different measurements when weighing their food. If you enter a product into a points + calculator and then a propoints one, you get the same result.

A big salad would be a good side with the burger or perhaps baby boiled potatoes with some spices on top or you can make wedges out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Been doing some planning and I'm going to stick my goals up here. Hopefully I will remember to quote this post when I get to Easter.

Four weigh ins until Valentine's Day (not counting Valentine's Day itself, which I will be weighing in on) Lose at least 4.5 pounds in order to get 10% weight loss and 4th silver seven.

Nine weigh ins until the week of Partick's Day (WI-13th March) Lose another 8 pounds (total of -12.5 pounds from now)

Twelve weigh ins until the week of easter and my birthday (weighing in on my birthday, better be a nice present) Lose another 1.5 pounds (- one stone from now)

One stone in twelve weeks is more than achievable, I would actually like to surpass these goals but this is the minimum I would like to lose by Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Danii86 wrote: »

So the points on http://www.skinnytaste.com/ are points plus - not the same as pro points?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Just had my WI and down 3lbs in my first week back! Am delighted, most nervous moment ever stepping onto those scales!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

you can read Lees Story from first weigh in to gold and beyond :) inspiring stuff

weight watchers uk chat usualy find good info there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement