Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Hi all, how was the weekend? I had a good one, did lots of walking, avoided booze and made the roast pork with stuffing recipe from this month's WW magazine. It was really nice. It is meant to serve six so as I was cooking for 2 I halved the veg portions, had just about enough so if anyone is making it I would deffo put on more carrots. Nice for a change though.

Didn't go back to the meeting last week but was really good this week so am hoping I lost a few pounds off my Christmas gain ( whatever that was, I didn't weigh myself but felt it in my clothes)

Am feeling good, I have earned 26 activity points that I have not used, also have about 18 weeklies left over. This never happens me, normally I use both the activity and weeklies!
    I am feeling good about the WI tomorrow. No matter what I am up I know I am in a good place to continue eating healthily. The Christmas over excesses really made me want to be healthy again which is great :-) No booze for January too, am hoping it makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Made another Recipe from the new cookbook, A chicken pasta bake. 8ppts per serving! NYOM NYOM! :D:D:D

img1183of.jpg

img1188a.jpg

Orla K wrote: »
    I'm just wondering, does it not bother anyone how much sugar is in those enchiladas? It's got more sugar in there than fat! At least fat is a macronutrient surely sugar is worse and you'd want to keep that to a minimum.

Not when its a once off meal, I make most of my meals from scratch. Also everyone at home was getting a chipper so that was the better choice.

I used to be over 17stone, I've lost 50lb, I'm a world away from where I was. One high sugar meal won't do much harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Made another Recipe from the new cookbook, A chicken pasta bake. 8ppts per serving! NYOM NYOM! :D:D:D

img1183of.jpg

img1188a.jpg

Did you get that book at the meetings? I got the one pot cook book last week which is great but I kinda think you can never have too many recipes. Am in the process of manually updating my recipe books from the point system to see what they work out as pro points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

how many PP in a baguette , the 12" one

cheers

• Advertisement

Did you get that book at the meetings? I got the one pot cook book last week which is great but I kinda think you can never have too many recipes. Am in the process of manually updating my recipe books from the point system to see what they work out as pro points.

Weight Watchers actually sent it to me as I have a Blog and I made some recipe videos for their new Youtube page, but you can get them from your WW meetings.

Its my 4th WW Cookbook and I have to say I think its the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

TAZ1 - Here is a 10 point chicken quesedilla recipe from a fab site for WW recipies.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/chicken-quesadillas.html

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

how many PP in a baguette , the 12" one

cheers

I emailed cuisine de France about this it's 8pp

If u email them they will get back to you very quickly with nv for the products

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I emailed cuisine de France about this it's 8pp

If u email them they will get back to you very quickly with nv for the products

ahh thats great , cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

I bought this from eBay last week and it arrived today and I gotta say, I'm very impressed with it!

LOADS of recipies and ideas for someone like me who isn't very inventive and creative in the kitchen! Well worth the €5 odd I spent!

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/320775539624?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_3768wt_1037

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

TAZ1 - Here is a 10 point chicken quesedilla recipe from a fab site for WW recipies.

great, thanks a million for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

ali85 wrote: »
    For fajitas:

I use the WW wrap (3pts), half a chicken fillet - 80g (2pts) *I never eat a full chicken fillet in this coz I fill up with veggies.... a full medium chicken fillet would be 165g and 4pts)

I fry up the chicken in the pan with spray oil, peppers, mushrooms, onions

For the sauce I use a tin of chopped tomatoes (0pts) which I fry in the spray oil (0pts) with red onion, garlic, chilli flakes and sweet paprika. If you reduce it down a bit it clings to the chicken and veg really well.

When I'm wrapping it up I use either 20g of low low block cheese (2pts) or I use the Philly Low fat garlic & herb cheese (2pts for 1/4 tub) *Thank god my leader pointed the whole pack as 8pts.... i love that cheese sooooooo much!!! ha!)

For the Quesadillas....

I chop up some cooked chicken pieces (2pts for 70-80g) or wafer thin ham (1pt for 3 slices) then tomatoes, onions and low low cheese (2pts for 20g) fold it over into a half moon shape and either stick it on the george forman or I stick it on the griddle pan with a heavy bowl ontop and flip it every few mins until the cheese melts and it goes crispy.

The rice is just normal basmati or long grain (30g for 3pts) .... small portion with some of the sauce from the fajitas mixed in with scallions and fried up.....

EDIT: Try adding in some kidney beans or cannelini beans for extra umph....

Sorry for the long post! :D

shall definately be trying that, thanks for all of that, much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 neady99

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this thread and WW... Heading to my first WI tomorrow and terrified I haven't shifted anything!! despite keeping exactly to my daily allowance if not keeping under it, also not using activity points any day despite doing a minimum of 30 mins aerobic workout each day. Oh wise ones, tell me what to expect?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deekildare

just remember spray oil has 1ppt for every 4 squirts the same as 1tsp 5ml

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi Bailey lovely recipe, will be making it tomorrow with a few adjustments! but just to let u know it is pointed in the old points, not pro points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deekildare

neady99 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm a newbie to this thread and WW... Heading to my first WI tomorrow and terrified I haven't shifted anything!! despite keeping exactly to my daily allowance if not keeping under it, also not using activity points any day despite doing a minimum of 30 mins aerobic workout each day. Oh wise ones, tell me what to expect?!!
    good luck tomorrow sounds like you had a good week so you should have lost weight even a pound down is a pound in the right direction . Word of advice you should always eat all your points daily and weekly and save your activity points towards weight loss

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

neady99 wrote: »

Best of luck, hopefully you will have a good weight loss.

The only advice I would give is that you should try to eat your full allowance. If you don't have a great weight loss, it could just be because your body is still adjusting to less food. Keep with it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi everyone!!

I have not posted for ages.. and yes Im still fighting the bulge! But now im living in Melbourne!! It has many advantages regarding weight loss.. good weather, fruits and veggies in season etc!

Anyways one major bad point is WW.. its so expensive $24 a class.. which i think is mental!! So i was just wondering do you guys know where I can get a list of the pp foods.. I left everything at home.. not very responsible as they are so handy..!!

Any help very much appreciated.. Happy new year for 2012 hope you all have your goals in place and are beginning to achieve them :)

Shell x

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Oh soooo jealous love Melbourne......I'm heading to Wellington, Nz, start of feb and was thinking of joining to make sure I didn't end up losing gold status in Ireland and come as heavy as I did when I lived in oz 6 years ago!!! But didn't realise that pricey, say around the same price over in NZ too. :-(

Try http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/savoury-munchies.html

She has loads of stuff pointed but if still missing your book get someone to post over or buy online :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JanBeau

WW classes in NZ are $18.50! Just re-joined yesterday for the umpteenth time after spending ages on low carb diets. How exciting to be able to eat fruit (wow! zero points!) and bread again!!! First time on PP so looking forward to it. First day has gone GREAT! :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Thanks a mill Dubgirl.. least the classes aint as dear in NZ!! Im just tryin a lower cal diet myself with lots of training!! Hopefully I can harass some peeps at home to help me out! :) I will have a look at the site too! I still have my calculator so that will definitely help!

Best of luck to all weighing in today! My WI is monday.. and Im working in kg now.. its an Aussie thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hobnob lover

well I had my first weigh in yesterday and after week 1 Im down 4lbs :D.Im very happy with that as ive found my first week easy enough regarding the less food and more exercise. Plenty of support at home helps... so roll on next week.....36lbs to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

well I had my first weigh in yesterday and after week 1 Im down 4lbs :D.Im very happy with that as ive found my first week easy enough regarding the less food and more exercise. Plenty of support at home helps... so roll on next week.....36lbs to go :D

Well done, that's a fantastic start and great for boosting the motivation! I found my first week really hard, particularly in the evenings. Have WI tomorrow morning so fingers crossed. Keep up the good work!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hobnob lover

ShindyB wrote: »
    Well done, that's a fantastic start and great for boosting the motivation! I found my first week really hard, particularly in the evenings. Have WI tomorrow morning so fingers crossed. Keep up the good work!:D
    Thanks for the words of support and im sure youll be fine at WI and just remember, when your down in weight it makes the struggle worth while and it will really motivate you for next week... any loss is a boost for the next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

That is brilliant!!! Well done!!!! I am aiming for the same as you, 40lbs... so fingers crossed I have as good a week as you!

I am fighting temptation to get on the scales and have a sneaky look.... I have to wait till tomorrow evening.

I haven't found it too bad, although last night was a bit of a kicker.... lots of takeaways in the house because of the football... it was Tesco Light Choices Tikka for me!....

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Can anyone recommend a good pedometer app for android???

I have gone through 3 in the last 2 days. All either don't budge when walking, reset themselves and actually go backwards in counting.. (had 149 steps yesterday morning, looked again and I had 125?!!) and this last one only works when it is opened on the main screen of your phone all day... I minimised it and lost all the data....

Anyone help???

Hobnob lover that is fantastic! Well done you!

ShindyB I am the same, am finding staying within my points hard & have been a bit over everyday. Will take some getting used to I suspect. But am hoping at least the healthier change and at least minding what I'm having as opposed to eating whatever I want will make a difference for my first WI on Thurs eve.

ali85 - How was Mexican nite?! :-)

ShindyB wrote: »
    foundry wrote: »
    Hi Bailey lovely recipe, will be making it tomorrow with a few adjustments! but just to let u know it is pointed in the old points, not pro points!

It shous the old points, and straight after it shows the propoints. Like this Points+ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just weighed in - down 1.5 :)

Got my wires crossed and thought I would get my 10% this week but I actually have another 3.5 pounds to go until I get to 10% or another 4 for two stone :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement