Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Was down 1lb this morning at WI. Little bit disappointed tbh. I worked out 4 times in the gym and went walking d other days. Didn't use all my weeklies either. Suppose a pound is a pound but for first week back on it I thought it would be a bit more. Well done everyone who's down and best of luck to those still waiting for WI. Onwards and downwards people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ShindyB wrote: »
    Was down 1lb this morning at WI. Little bit disappointed tbh. I worked out 4 times in the gym and went walking d other days. Didn't use all my weeklies either. Suppose a pound is a pound but for first week back on it I thought it would be a bit more. Well done everyone who's down and best of luck to those still waiting for WI. Onwards and downwards people!

Sometimes it can take time for your body to catch up on the exercise. It'll more than likely be reflected in next weeks WI. The optimal loss is 1-2 lbs a week as its more likely to stay off in the long run :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm aiming for a lb a week that way if they're bigger great if not I'll still hopefully have 19lbs off come my holidays. Good luck tomorrow!

Thanks! I was in the 11's back in October but then exams and Christmas happened :rolleyes: I'm just happy to be back in the 11's now. You'll get into the 11's don't worry. The slower the better I've found as it's less likely to pile back on :) I only put on 4lbs during the last 2 months, before it probably would have been a stone :eek:
    ShindyB wrote: »

Well done both of you! Anything that is a minus on the scales should be celebrated. And ShindyB, all your hard work in the gym may show in your weight loss next week.

I'm like you Eabhabear, aiming for a pound a week to be down 2 stone by my birthday in July. Sounds like so much so fast, but broken down is so much more manageable!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Thanks guys. Hopefully it will show next week! My leader said I'm not drinking enough water either so I'm aiming to resolve that this week! My sister's wedding is in August so that's my ultimate goal. Have a wedding in Italy in May so would like to be 18lbs lighter by then, at least. Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

My wii fit and my home scales are about the same so fairly accurate for me anyway.. One evening I weighed in on the wii fit did not like what i seen and turned the tv off calling it all sorts of names only to relise i really was up that amount on real scales opps.. we got the kinect for christmas, the adventure game is a workout and a half the sweat pumping even on the basic level

Thats me after the EA active game, works every were which I like want to get the dance one for wii as well :) thats good the scales are similar good to know for tomorrow!
    ali85 wrote: »
    I have a Wii fit at home. At the moment it's showing me with around a 2kg loss. I have my weigh in tonight and I have worked out going by the Wii I should be down around 3.5 give or take. But again, I'm not sure how accurate it is.... I will find out tonight and I will let you know....

Not too confident though tbh! :)

good luck and keep me posted!
    Just set one up myself! Jwacqui's one is a real inspiration. Not sure how good mine will be but have found it quite therapeutic writing about it!
    Set mine up as well, Ill follow you and I will link mine if I can figure it out LOL trying to post some recipes for future reference see how I do! not sure I would be able to do the videos though! :)

Off to work out the Wii now before dinner! I am starving today!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well down 2lb. Just hope I'm not up next week! I'm a half pound away from my 10% and 7.5 away from goal. I think I'm lighter now than I was when I got married. Interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Baby75 wrote: »
    My wii fit and my home scales are about the same so fairly accurate for me anyway.. One evening I weighed in on the wii fit did not like what i seen and turned the tv off calling it all sorts of names only to relise i really was up that amount on real scales opps.. we got the kinect for christmas, the adventure game is a workout and a half the sweat pumping even on the basic level

Thats me after the EA active game, works every were which I like want to get the dance one for wii as well :) thats good the scales are similar good to know for tomorrow!
    I have a Wii fit at home. At the moment it's showing me with around a 2kg loss. I have my weigh in tonight and I have worked out going by the Wii I should be down around 3.5 give or take. But again, I'm not sure how accurate it is.... I will find out tonight and I will let you know....

Not too confident though tbh! :)

good luck and keep me posted!
    Just set one up myself! Jwacqui's one is a real inspiration. Not sure how good mine will be but have found it quite therapeutic writing about it!
    Set mine up as well, Ill follow you and I will link mine if I can figure it out LOL trying to post some recipes for future reference see how I do! not sure I would be able to do the videos though! :)

Off to work out the Wii now before dinner! I am starving today!

Have just set one up myself now too, sounds exciting! The only thing now is what to post LOL! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

im off for my WI now....

left work early and just jogged 7k on the wii fit in 30 mins.... jesus I think im going to pass out...

the Wii has me down another half a kilo ... i really don't think its accurate but hopefully I will be down a few.

I have saved a few points for a treat tonight if i do well....

Well done to all those weighed in already... 1lb a week can be disappointin for some people... (not me, i would take a half a pound a week... :D) but i remember my old leader bringing in what looked like a peat heat pack that weighed 1lb and we were all shocked coz it weighed so much.

Fingers Crossed!!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

First W.I at WW and thrilled to say I lost 5lbs! :eek: :D

I did 7 walks and 1 swim and stuck to 30 points instead of 33 and only used 10 of my weeklys.. I'm so glad I stuck to it this week as it's so motivating to do well this week again!

Next week I will use my all 33 points and as much weeklies as I need.. and hope I loose again.

I have a long way to go (45lbs more) but for the first time in a long time I feel in control.

Top tips that worked for me:

1)Planning
    2)Tracking
    3)Exercising
    4)Soups
    5)Fruit salads!!
    6)myot.ie (Operation Transformation) app

Well done to every one who had a loss :)

im off for my WI now....

left work early and just jogged 7k on the wii fit in 30 mins.... jesus I think im going to pass out...

the Wii has me down another half a kilo ... i really don't think its accurate but hopefully I will be down a few.

I have saved a few points for a treat tonight if i do well....

Well done to all those weighed in already... 1lb a week can be disappointin for some people... (not me, i would take a half a pound a week... :D) but i remember my old leader bringing in what looked like a peat heat pack that weighed 1lb and we were all shocked coz it weighed so much.

Fingers Crossed!!!! :(

Dying to know how you did! Can I uncross my fingers?! I'v no doubt you lost! It's just a matter of how much!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good week.

WI 2nite and i had 1.5lbs of - so I made my 3 stone :D:D I have now lost 3 stone & a half pound!!
    Current Weight 13 Stone 4.5lbs - next stop is the 12 stone bracket!!!:)

foundry wrote: »
    First W.I at WW and thrilled to say I lost 5lbs! :eek: :D

I did 7 walks and 1 swim and stuck to 30 points instead of 33 and only used 10 of my weeklys.. I'm so glad I stuck to it this week as it's so motivating to do well this week again!

Next week I will use my all 33 points and as much weeklies as I need.. and hope I loose again.

I have a long way to go (45lbs more) but for the first time in a long time I feel in control.

Top tips that worked for me:

1)Planning
    2)Tracking
    3)Exercising
    4)Soups
    5)Fruit salads!!
    6)myot.ie (Operation Transformation) app

Well done to every one who had a loss :)

Wow, that is fantastic! Congratulations Foundry! Talk about a result :-)

Ok I'm after giving this blog thing a go! A little embarrasing writing about yourself, but sure in the name of trying new things & all that! Put up some pics of chili I had for dinner tonite too ;-)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/01/1st-wi-tomorrow-evening-mexican-chili.html

messrs wrote: »
    Hi All

Hope everyone is having a good week.

WI 2nite and i had 1.5lbs of - so I made my 3 stone :D:D I have now lost 3 stone & a half pound!!
    Current Weight 13 Stone 4.5lbs - next stop is the 12 stone bracket!!!:)

Oh yeay for you! 3 stone is what I want to loose, fantastic news, onwards & upwards :-) Or downwards in lbs :-)

k folks.... first week WI tonight... down 4lbs!!!! :D

really happy!!!

now at 12st 2.5lbs.... :D:D

Good luck to everyone for their WIs tomorrow and Friday.... :D

really happy!!!

Woo Hoo ! Oh that's fab! Jealous!! :-)

Woo Hoo ! Oh that's fab! Jealous!! :-)

Ah thanks hun... im delighted... its a good start....

You will be deadly tomorrow.... betcha anything!!!

I'm going to have a nose at your blog :D

How do you think you have done?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

really happy!!!

WOW! Well done, thats excellent, go u!!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Is anyone watching the biggest loser and operation transformation?

I know on the biggest loser the excersise like mad but i couldnt believe it when they were upset about losing 2-4lb any of us would be jumping for joy!!

I really believe WW is the way to go, I have never felt deprived of food drinks and even sweets lol and in 5 months 23lbs lighter I can say I would recommend this route to everyone and anyone!

Yup I agree! Love watchin those shows, they really help motivate me.
    And ditto about WW, I've been trying to lose weight for so long, went on a massive gym buzz during the summer, it helped a bit but not much for how much I was putting in. Always knew my main problem was food. It gives me such a better outlook on food and healthy living in general, and its slowly embedding into my subconscience mind too which is great!

Ok I'm after giving this blog thing a go! A little embarrasing writing about yourself, but sure in the name of trying new things & all that! Put up some pics of chili I had for dinner tonite too ;-)

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/2012/01/1st-wi-tomorrow-evening-mexican-chili.html

Yours is so good, its so honest. And that chilli looks gorgeous!!! PS I want the recipe!!! :D

I gave it a go.... totally understand what ya mean about being embarrassed.... but sure lets go!!! I have no pics yet.... let me know what ya think.

http://alibx.blogspot.com/

• Advertisement

Some pre prepared fruit salad! Some pineapple, apples, kiwi, pear and frozen raspberries (cheaper!). This makes 3-4 big portions and keeps me v happy!

9718F86DA7D24596B431936C1FB03E22-0000349705-0002701478-00500L-428D4AD081A04A118F030464A6B7E7CD.jpg

really happy!!!

Well done! That is brilliant :-) you must be delighted! What a fab result!

Yours is so good, its so honest. And that chilli looks gorgeous!!! PS I want the recipe!!! :D

I gave it a go.... totally understand what ya mean about being embarrassed.... but sure lets go!!! I have no pics yet.... let me know what ya think.

Both of them are great! I'm totally mortified by mine too but I'm gonna stick with it for the moment anyway. See how i get on before i decide if im gonna add pictures!

Cant figure out my ticker, do I copy the URL to the signature bit?

EDIT: Sorted.

Cant figure out my ticker, do I copy the URL to the signature bit?

EDIT: Sorted.

Your ticker is showing in your signature!

EDIT:You're edit must have appeared just as i was hitting reply :)

It's great! I love it! We'll have to keep it up now! It really is motivating to be following people that are in the same boat I have to say! I haven't been on boards or anything before & it's great! :D

Some pre prepared fruit salad! Some pineapple, apples, kiwi, pear and frozen raspberries (cheaper!). This makes 3-4 big portions and keeps me v happy!

Looks great Foundry! I hadn't really thought of making a fruit salad, I've just been having the usual, apples, satsumas & bananas. You can have so much more variety in a salad!

Thanks a million for the comment on my blog too! Exciting :D

Both of them are great! I'm totally mortified by mine too but I'm gonna stick with it for the moment anyway. See how i get on before i decide if im gonna add pictures!

Do you have the link for us to have a gander?! ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

My ticker now - I've set it up to have me at 10 stone on my home scales.

k7Mpp1.png

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    My ticker now - I've set it up to have me at 10 stone on my home scales.

k7Mpp1.png

Great idea that! Fab that you've already lost 22lbs?!!

Mine is starting at the start! :eek: As long as it keeps going in the same direction, I don't think I mind by how much lol ! :D

weight.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement