Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

The Spar across from me sells it. Although I'm not 100% as to whether it's the Daily Mail or the Irish Daily Mail but presuming there kinda the same thing (as the news on the online version also my daily guilty pleasure was on the paper version aswell) and the supplement would be in both??

The Sunday World were advertising a WW supplement this weekend as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Du8ga1

I have ben reading this board for quite sometme and today i decided why not join up and share with everyone. There is some really good inspiration and motivation on here.

Back at ww for the 1 millionth time and determined that this is the last time i will lose this weight. I had previously lost 5.5st, so i know i an do this. Im in the right frame of mind at the moment so im hoping that will help me along to my goal. have a good bit of weight to lose but taking it little steps at a time(1 pound a week0 and anything after that is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Audi driver

Just wondering is everyone starting on the 26pp a day instead of the 29pp, our leader said its up to ourselves whether we change, she said if we had been stuck at the same weight for the past while then it would be a good idea, I dont know what to do, have only weighed in 4 times and have lost a stone on the 29pp a day, do ye think I should cut down to 26 now or should I wait another while? any advice is welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Just wondering is everyone starting on the 26pp a day instead of the 29pp, our leader said its up to ourselves whether we change, she said if we had been stuck at the same weight for the past while then it would be a good idea, I dont know what to do, have only weighed in 4 times and have lost a stone on the 29pp a day, do ye think I should cut down to 26 now or should I wait another while? any advice is welcome!

I would stay stick with the 29 while it's working. My leader said they would ideally like 1-2 pounds off everyone each week, so when you're finding it harder to lose the weight maybe change to 26?

Im still having problems getting a lot of the weight watcher foods - especially the pitta breads and wraps

Has anyone seen them back in the supermarkets anywhere?

On offer in my tesco (tullamore) two for 2.50 (i think). Got the wraps there this afternoon as well as bagels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 petal28

Hi all, new to this and in a bit of a pickle, my hubbie bought me a lovely present of weight watchers book of recipes but it is the old version of the points recipes not the new pro points book, just wondering if anyone has the new version of this book that they could give me new pro points for recipes or if there is a way of converting old points system to new pro points, there are 150 and recipes in this book and they all look lovely but at the minute it no good to me, any help with this would be great,
    thank

petal28 wrote: »
    Hi all, new to this and in a bit of a pickle, my hubbie bought me a lovely present of weight watchers book of recipes but it is the old version of the points recipes not the new pro points book, just wondering if anyone has the new version of this book that they could give me new pro points for recipes or if there is a way of converting old points system to new pro points, there are 150 and recipes in this book and they all look lovely but at the minute it no good to me, any help with this would be great,
    thank

AFAIK they don't update the cookbooks, they just bring out new ones. You can point it easily enough if you use your purple book. Just point all the ingredients, add it up and then divide by the number of people it serves.

If you need help with specific ingredients, post here, usually someone knows the points! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Another top tip to keep people from getting board. Find a 0pp veg stock cube and add it to the water when cooking rice, adds no points but is delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Petal28.......go to www.weightwatchers.co.uk/cookbooks
    see if your book is there. If it is they have the conversion done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Dinner tonight was these....11ppts for both!! GREAT VALUE and yummy!!

img1070m.jpg

img1073yr.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Du8ga1 wrote: »
    I have ben reading this board for quite sometme and today i decided why not join up and share with everyone. There is some really good inspiration and motivation on here.

Back at ww for the 1 millionth time and determined that this is the last time i will lose this weight. I had previously lost 5.5st, so i know i an do this. Im in the right frame of mind at the moment so im hoping that will help me along to my goal. have a good bit of weight to lose but taking it little steps at a time(1 pound a week0 and anything after that is a bonus.
    Hey welcome and you do sound like your ready to do this time!! I also joined ww a million times and got goal for first time last march.....I knew when I joined I would do that time as in the right frame of mind and stayed for every class, even if I had been bad I still went and drew the line under the bad week....also for the first time, after weighing in, it wasn't binge eat time ie starve all day then have chipper etc etc.....track everything, water and walk and you'll be where you wanna be in no time.. Best of luck :-)

Another top tip to keep people from getting board. Find a 0pp veg stock cube and add it to the water when cooking rice, adds no points but is delicious!
    #Justwondering can anyone recommend a 0pp veg stock cube, I havent seen any but I would like to find some, especially for making soup! has anyone any nice soup recipes, I dont like the butternut squash 1!

lizt wrote: »
    I would stay stick with the 29 while it's working. My leader said they would ideally like 1-2 pounds off everyone each week, so when you're finding it harder to lose the weight maybe change to 26?

thanks lizt! Im going to stick with 29 for this week and see how I get on, hopefully it'll be the same as the last few weeks ! If not ill be dropping a few pp!!:-(

#Justwondering can anyone recommend a 0pp veg stock cube, I havent seen any but I would like to find some, especially for making soup! has anyone any nice soup recipes, I dont like the butternut squash 1!

OXO stock cubes vegetable, beef and chicken are 0pp

Knorr stock pots are 1pp

OXO stock cubes vegetable, beef and chicken are 0pp

Knorr stock pots are 1pp

thanks lisa! will get some of them today! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Dunnes have special offers on some of the WW products atm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

hi folks....

can any of ya tell me how many points would be in a medium popcorn at the cinema.... plain... no butter... just salt...

im heading tonight with my pals and i have a few points saved for it but just don't want to run too much over... :)

ali85 wrote: »
    hi folks....

can any of ya tell me how many points would be in a medium popcorn at the cinema.... plain... no butter... just salt...

im heading tonight with my pals and i have a few points saved for it but just don't want to run too much over... :)

If I were you I would bring a pre packaged shop bought pop corn, the cinema pop corn is a rip off points wise google skinny dolls blog she has a post about it on there.

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-09-05T09:44:00+01:00&max-results=50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

ali85 wrote: »
    hi folks....

According to this section of Skinny Doll's Blog, a medium popcorn in the cinema is 12PP. So worth it in my opinion if you have the weeklies for it. Love cinema popcorn! If that is too much for you, a medium bag (not the multipack one but not the huge sharing one) of manhatten popcorn is 4PP. Team that up with a standard bag of maltesers (5PP) and you have a nice treat for 9PP for your cinema trip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Hi all,

I'm starting back at weight watchers since last Thursday after a looooooong break.

I had previously lost 4 stone on the old plan about 4/5 years ago, then had a baby, put on a colossal amount of weight during pregnancy, continued to eat what the hell I liked after having the baby and now I've reached a stage in my life where I'm about to turn 30 and just dont want to carry weight on me that I've been battling with for most of my 20's. I want a clean slate approaching 30.
    I've also started spinning last Wed and will be starting Zumba on Monday.

I'm brand new to the new points plan so any tips at all would be greatly appreciated!

Here's to a healthy 2012!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 petal28

Thank Liz and joanofarc, looked up the weight watchers cookbooks link but they have only updated the 2010 books, but seen the book i have book of recipes in the new version of pro points so someone might have that and i can get the receipes other wise i get points them myself from the purple book, anyone any advise on chocolate cravings have only 3 points left for today and in need of a chocolate fix?

Thank Liz and joanofarc, looked up the weight watchers cookbooks link but they have only updated the 2010 books, but seen the book i have book of recipes in the new version of pro points so someone might have that and i can get the receipes other wise i get points them myself from the purple book, anyone any advise on chocolate cravings have only 3 points left for today and in need of a chocolate fix?

One stick of kinder buano for 3pp

Curly. Wurly 3pp

Some hot chocolates are only 1pp

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

KitKats & a funsize bag of Maltesers are 3pp each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hey guys and girls, my laptop decided to die on Christmas day and I have to say I really missed this thread, and I really missed not having my meetings. I didn't track at all over Christmas (or the week before or after) but it's funny, after being in WW since June it was in the back of my mind the whole time and I tried not to go overboard. Had my post-Christmas WI on Thursday and was up 2 pounds, which I was happy with it, was expecting it to be much worse. Am a little annoyed that I'm now at the same weight loss that I was back in September, but I'm in the right head place now to kick start this again for the New Year and I'm looking forward to keeping up with everyone else's progress too. I'm at 14 stone 4 now, which is still an awful lot less than I started off at this time last year!

Aldi have some WW products in this week, and there's a WW magazine free with the Sunday World tomorrow. Best of luck for this week everyone!! xx

Monife wrote: »
    According to this section of Skinny Doll's Blog, a medium popcorn in the cinema is 12PP. So worth it in my opinion if you have the weeklies for it. Love cinema popcorn! If that is too much for you, a medium bag (not the multipack one but not the huge sharing one) of manhatten popcorn is 4PP. Team that up with a standard bag of maltesers (5PP) and you have a nice treat for 9PP for your cinema trip :)

I used to track by these.. the values came from a ww book but cinema sizes are mad now and our leader said round 25 for a medium

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

givee wrote: »
    im the exact same.gold member since 2007+but+constantly+battling+with+the+same+half+stone.i+met+my+old+leader-she+was+covering+my+new+class+and+she+said+i+should+reset+my+goal+weight+to+somewhere+in+between+so+i+set+it+two+pound+heavier+and+i+seem+to+be+able+to+maintain+at+that,even+over+christmas.

thanks for that givee maybe i'm being too hard on myself prob should do the same as i guess it's not always practical to aim to weight the same in your 40s as mid 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hay,

It would be nice to add a bit of colour to this thread, some inspiration!

This is what I had for lunch today

BNS, tomato, red pepper soup 0pp
    Philly Garlic and herb blob in the middle 1 pp
    Food Dr. Pitta 4pp
    Ham 2 pp
    Cheese triangle (2) 1pp
    Salad 0pp

Total= 8pp :)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

foundry wrote: »
    Hay,

It would be nice to add a bit of colour to this thread, some inspiration!

This is what I had for lunch today

BNS, tomato, red pepper soup 0pp
    Philly Garlic and herb blob in the middle 1 pp
    Food Dr. Pitta 4pp
    Ham 2 pp
    Cheese triangle (2) 1pp
    Salad 0pp

Total= 8pp :)

Nice colour foundry ;-p

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Dinner tonight was these....11ppts for both!! GREAT VALUE and yummy!!

img1070m.jpg

img1073yr.jpg

had these this evening

very very nice, will be having again

two for €5 at tescos at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Considering I only founded WW on Thurs, Gods only knows how today went! I had a few things on, so I didn't track. I had a slice of brown whole grain bread with1 rasher & a poached eggs for breakfast. A slice of quiche at my aunts house that I'v no idea what was in it & made (surprisingly) some quesidillas with red onion, pepper, chili, corn etc for dinner. My other half although said the quesidillas were gorgeous didn't fill him & ordered out haha, I certainly did not. I know I need to point, so will certainly do better wen I've planned & weighed everything. But certainly have to form a pattern of weighing and measuring everything until I have an idea of wat I'm doing ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement