Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Dinner tonight was these....11ppts for both!! GREAT VALUE and yummy!!

img1070m.jpg

img1073yr.jpg

had these this evening

very very nice, will be having again

two for €5 at tescos at the moment

Are they filling though?! If so, sounds great ;-)

Considering I only founded WW on Thurs, Gods only knows how today went! I had a few things on, so I didn't track. I had a slice of brown whole grain bread with1 rasher & a poached eggs for breakfast. A slice of quiche at my aunts house that I'v no idea what was in it & made (surprisingly) some quesidillas with red onion, pepper, chili, corn etc for dinner. My other half although said the quesidillas were gorgeous didn't fill him & ordered out haha, I certainly did not. I know I need to point, so will certainly do better wen I've planned & weighed everything. But certainly have to form a pattern of weighing and measuring everything until I have an idea of wat I'm doing ;-)

JOINED !! Not founded obviously !! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Sneaky Peak on the sales has me down 3lb this week!! :) very motivating after been up 5 overall in December :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Yep I thought so! Grand for 11ppts and considering the rest of my family had chipper I still felt like I was having a treat. :D

Jwacqui wrote: »

Yep I thought so! Grand for 11ppts and considering the rest of my family had chipper I still felt like I was having a treat. :D

Ah that's great then :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm just wondering, does it not bother anyone how much sugar is in those enchiladas? It's got more sugar in there than fat! At least fat is a macronutrient surely sugar is worse and you'd want to keep that to a minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 givee

maggimay wrote: »
    thanks for that givee maybe i'm being too hard on myself prob should do the same as i guess it's not always practical to aim to weight the same in your 40s as mid 20s

exactly,i was getting married then so was under stress to,im happy as i am now,know when to pull back now when the waistband starts to tighten but im not gonna be as hard on myself!!i still exercise every day its routine,it more about being healthy now than what i look like!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

well went off to the cinema last night, had me a medium popcorn... did a decent walk today and was careful with the food so I shouldn't have too much hassle.

I have been really trying this week. The other half has commented a few times that i seem to be a lot more determined this time. Was hard this weekend though, a ten year old running around eating bread rolls with copious amounts of ham and cheese, big bowls of soup and chips etc.... thank god she is back to school tomorrow. Packed lunches during the week make things soooo much easier!

Baileypants, I'm the same as you, we always have a bit of a fry at the weekends, sausages, rashers and that... the rest of the folks got that I had 1 piece of bacon, a poached egg, mushrooms and tomatoes.... just tryin to be a little bit careful. I have been measuring which is something that I never did before, just judged by eye.

I have been using the light choices sauces from tesco. They are lovely. The whole family got the sweet and sour last night! Went down a treat!!! :P

Sorry for the long winded post.... Haven't got a look at my laptop all day and I was having withdrawl syptoms!! haha! :)

Just blended two bananas and put them in the freezer according to people on the ww forum it makes a yummy banana ice cream for 0pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hey guys, had a lovely dinner today - boiled bacon (100g pointed from pack - 4pp), 200g potatoes (4pp) and loads of cabbage and broccoli (0pp) - felt really, really full for 8pp. Really trying this time, want to do well. Can't wait until the morning, little man back to school, I'm going to get my neighbour to drop us to the school and then I can walk home - will have no choice if she drops us off! It's 3 miles away, so should be a good ease back into the walking.

Just a quick one for anyone who likes a fry or got used to one over Christmas (like I did) - Aldi skinless sausages are 4pp for 2, their reduced fat bacon medallions are 1pp for 2, so team those with an egg for 2pp, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a Lidl potato waffle for 2pp, either grill the whole lot or fry with low-cal spray and you have a lovely 'clean' fry for 9pp. Makes it easier when everyone else in the house wants a fry, at least you don't feel like you're missing out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey guys, had a lovely dinner today - boiled bacon (100g pointed from pack - 4pp), 200g potatoes (4pp) and loads of cabbage and broccoli (0pp) - felt really, really full for 8pp. Really trying this time, want to do well. Can't wait until the morning, little man back to school, I'm going to get my neighbour to drop us to the school and then I can walk home - will have no choice if she drops us off! It's 3 miles away, so should be a good ease back into the walking.

Just a quick one for anyone who likes a fry or got used to one over Christmas (like I did) - Aldi skinless sausages are 4pp for 2, their reduced fat bacon medallions are 1pp for 2, so team those with an egg for 2pp, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a Lidl potato waffle for 2pp, either grill the whole lot or fry with low-cal spray and you have a lovely 'clean' fry for 9pp. Makes it easier when everyone else in the house wants a fry, at least you don't feel like you're missing out!

What are the Aldi skinless sausages like? Sounds brill. Was just in Aldi today :( Will get them in next weeks shop. I always got the bacon medallions because I actually hate fat on anything (ha you wouldn't think that from the size of me lol). My fave weekend brekkie is 2 bacon medallions, 1 fried egg (in low cal spray), some fried potatoes (in 1 tsp oil) and half tin of beans. Lovely huge brekkie for also 9PP (depending on how much potatoes you use, 150g is enough when they are sliced thinly). Nom nom nom

Monife wrote: »
    What are the Aldi skinless sausages like? Sounds brill. Was just in Aldi today :( Will get them in next weeks shop. I always got the bacon medallions because I actually hate fat on anything (ha you wouldn't think that from the size of me lol). My fave weekend brekkie is 2 bacon medallions, 1 fried egg (in low cal spray), some fried potatoes (in 1 tsp oil) and half tin of beans. Lovely huge brekkie for also 9PP (depending on how much potatoes you use, 150g is enough when they are sliced thinly). Nom nom nom

Sounds Yummy :) I go for one of the Aldi Square dinner rolls for 4pp an egg 2pp bacon medallions for 1pp and a piece of clonakilty black pudding for 2pp also 9pp :)

Good look to us all for weigh in this week may we see results we want to continue for the year ahead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 deekildare

does anyone know where ww sausages went can't find them anywhere since before christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Haven't been on here in so long. Didn't get on too well at sticking to ww at home without meetings. Back to square one now :-( but its a new yr and am gonna give it my best shot. Have been really good this past weeks. Porridge for brekkie, salads or wraps for lunch, lots of no point soups and stir frys for dinner. Also went to gym or walked 5 days outta 7. Really hope to see a loss on tues. Best of luck to everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

found these today in superquinn

4610WW-300w.jpg

oh so very tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

deekildare wrote: »
    does anyone know where ww sausages went can't find them anywhere since before christmas

I have only ever seen them in Superquinn. Always a very limited stock though...

Ok had 2 weetabix & blueberries for bfast, have a wrap with a filling from last notes dinner for lunch (stir fryer tomatoes, onions, peppers, chilis, chicken, coriander, cumin & oregano!)

Just dinner to worry about now, eek! If I'm not planned I tend to just wing it & not point. So must think in work wat to have for dinner so that I know exactly before I get home & theres no chance of just having watever I feel like!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

found these today in superquinn

4610WW-300w.jpg

oh so very tasty

Has anyone seen these anywhere else?
    No superquinn near me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

ladysaint wrote: »
    Has anyone seen these anywhere else?
    No superquinn near me :(

I got them in supervalu. Well worth it!

Ok had 2 weetabix & blueberries for bfast, have a wrap with a filling from last notes dinner for lunch (stir fryer tomatoes, onions, peppers, chilis, chicken, coriander, cumin & oregano!)

Just dinner to worry about now, eek! If I'm not planned I tend to just wing it & not point. So must think in work wat to have for dinner so that I know exactly before I get home & theres no chance of just having watever I feel like!

Hope everyone has a good start to the week! :-)

I never thought I would be so glad to get back to packed lunches ha! The other half and the little one got brown bread sambos with yoghurts and lots of fruit this morning. It's great because while everyone else was off we were eating something that was handy and quick so I'm soooo delighted to be back into a routine where I can plan. I spent 20 mins last night chopping a MONSTER fruit salad!!! ha! :)

I have my tea break in work coming up in a few mins, I have a canteen here so it's one slice of wholegrain toast (No spread) and 2 tablespoons of beans and some of my fruit.

For my lunch I have a WW bagel with low fat philly (garlic & herb) with ham and veggies and a cup of soup.

And tonight.... its Mexican night in Casa Ali :D I'm using the WW wraps to make quesadillas and mexican rice. I have been making the plain quesadillas (well really they are wraps toasted on the grill pan :P) for a few lunches and they point really well. Going to spice them up for this evening.

Weigh in on Wednesday. Actually got a text off my new leader on Friday wishing us luck and had a few words of encouragement for me. I thought that was a really nice touch!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    I never thought I would be so glad to get back to packed lunches ha! The other half and the little one got brown bread sambos with yoghurts and lots of fruit this morning. It's great because while everyone else was off we were eating something that was handy and quick so I'm soooo delighted to be back into a routine where I can plan. I spent 20 mins last night chopping a MONSTER fruit salad!!! ha! :)

I have my tea break in work coming up in a few mins, I have a canteen here so it's one slice of wholegrain toast (No spread) and 2 tablespoons of beans and some of my fruit.

For my lunch I have a WW bagel with low fat philly (garlic & herb) with ham and veggies and a cup of soup.

And tonight.... its Mexican night in Casa Ali :D I'm using the WW wraps to make quesadillas and mexican rice. I have been making the plain quesadillas (well really they are wraps toasted on the grill pan :P) for a few lunches and they point really well. Going to spice them up for this evening.

Weigh in on Wednesday. Actually got a text off my new leader on Friday wishing us luck and had a few words of encouragement for me. I thought that was a really nice touch!!!! :D

I also got a text from my leader this week which i thought was lovely too - really boosted morale and made me even more determined to be good for the weeekend.

Nearly at the end of my first week and have been really good. Have 33 weeklies left, and last night i went to the gym and got a whole new program done up to motivate me more. Gonna go tonight and do it once through for the first time and hopefully get my a$$ to the gym at least 3 times a week. Both nervous and excited for the first weigh in tomorrow! Hope i do well.

Also i need some advice - going for dinner with the OH on friday, he is a devil for the citydeal dinners out. He has promised to limit this to one per month and we can do it on a weekend where there are no big nights out planned so I can keep all of my 49 for this. So this friday we are off here http://deals.menupages.ie/citronfitzwilliam.aspx
    Am thinking my best options for starter and main will be the tuna carpacio and the sea bass but just not sure what to choose for dessert. Any ideas on what these would be propoint wise and which is the best dessert from the list?

I would say the strawberry and basil thing. The fact that it's sorbet and not heavy ice cream should be good. I would ask about what's in the "strawberry soup" just in case its loaded with cream or anything.

I never had a leader actually take that much interest from the get go. It is really a booster. Where abouts is your class tiny_penguin??

I have used 7 of my weeklys, although some days I have saved a point or two. Saturday I went a bit mad coz I went to the cinema and got a medium popcorn so that brought me over for the day.

Exercise wise, I have been trying to start slowly. I have a bad leg (feckin blood clots!!! ) so I have to get used to walking long distances with it. I have a park right beside my house so each day I have been taking a little bit of a longer route.... and I'm dusting off the Wii Fit this evening.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Yeh, the strawberry and basil this was what i was gonna go for. Might not even eat it all - would never order 3 courses usually. Gonna make sure in future he chooses 2 course deals haha! Means i can have more wine then.

My class is in stillorgan but I know my leader does a few classes other places and does one on a Wednesday - cant remember where though. She is brilliant, she was my leader 3 years ago and she still recognised me as soon as she saw me last week and gave me a big hug and welcomed me back. It was such a boost and made me so motivated. She is definitely the best leader i have ever had!

Love Mexican! So flavoursome, and can be done quite healthily.

Have eaten my wrap there in about 5 mins haha! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Is there any chance you could share that pointed recipe, I love mexican but am always afraid that it will point too high!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Can anyone recommend a good weighing scales that doesn't cost a bomb? Need to weigh up properly and I dropped my one this morning and cracked the bloody thing! :mad:

Taz1 wrote: »
    Is there any chance you could share that pointed recipe, I love mexican but am always afraid that it will point too high!

Would be interested on your recipe for Mexican rice too please! Made some years ago, but a pointed one would be great! :D

MILF wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good weighing scales that doesn't cost a bomb? Need to weigh up properly and I dropped my one this morning and cracked the bloody thing! :mad:

For food or people?! :P

I need a people one which is why I ask, & home store & more are doing digital ones for €10.

For a food one, Argos have this digital one for €8.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8427331/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/3%7C19780847%7CKitchenware%7C14418477/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418477%7CKitchen+scales%7C14418488.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

For food or people?! :P

Hahaha sorry! Meant food! :D

• Advertisement

For fajitas:

I use the WW wrap (3pts), half a chicken fillet - 80g (2pts) *I never eat a full chicken fillet in this coz I fill up with veggies.... a full medium chicken fillet would be 165g and 4pts)

I fry up the chicken in the pan with spray oil, peppers, mushrooms, onions

For the sauce I use a tin of chopped tomatoes (0pts) which I fry in the spray oil (0pts) with red onion, garlic, chilli flakes and sweet paprika. If you reduce it down a bit it clings to the chicken and veg really well.

When I'm wrapping it up I use either 20g of low low block cheese (2pts) or I use the Philly Low fat garlic & herb cheese (2pts for 1/4 tub) *Thank god my leader pointed the whole pack as 8pts.... i love that cheese sooooooo much!!! ha!)

For the Quesadillas....

I chop up some cooked chicken pieces (2pts for 70-80g) or wafer thin ham (1pt for 3 slices) then tomatoes, onions and low low cheese (2pts for 20g) fold it over into a half moon shape and either stick it on the george forman or I stick it on the griddle pan with a heavy bowl ontop and flip it every few mins until the cheese melts and it goes crispy.

The rice is just normal basmati or long grain (30g for 3pts) .... small portion with some of the sauce from the fajitas mixed in with scallions and fried up.....

EDIT: Try adding in some kidney beans or cannelini beans for extra umph....

Sorry for the long post! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement