Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 petal28

bailypants those websites are great loads of receipe ideas,

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Just had my WI and down 3lbs in my first week back! Am delighted, most nervous moment ever stepping onto those scales!

That is deadly!!! 3lbs.... thats almost 1/4 of a stone!!! that is brilliant!!! I hope I am as good as you tomorrow night!!!! Im thrilled for ya!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hi all! Wonder if anyone can chance a guess at a Pad Thai from a restaurant? Even best guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Monife wrote: »
    Danii86 wrote: »
    Just a point to be mentioned on those american blogs....pro points and points + as there know in the states arent the same :( theyr calculated differently. My aunt lives in america and we figured this out when i was visiting her last may. You may want to point up the recipies yourself,the difference may only be 1 or 2 but that could be alot some weeks!!

Officialy back trackin this week, stood on the scales on sunday and the weight i had mysteriously lost over christmas had reappeared so i kinda stayed the same really. WI in the morn so we'l see how 2full days of being good looks.

No idea what to have 4 dinner, mum took homemade burgers i made and pointed ages out of the freezer but havnt a clue what to team with them, or if i even want them :(

Points plus is the same as propoints, the only difference is they use different measurements when weighing their food. If you enter a product into a points + calculator and then a propoints one, you get the same result.

A big salad would be a good side with the burger or perhaps baby boiled potatoes with some spices on top or you can make wedges out of them.

The formulas for calculating the points for foods ARE different( mainly when it comes to the fibre) so different points in some cases

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Weight_Watchers&mobileaction=view_normal_site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Went to my WI for first time since before Christmas and my weight was the same! So happy! I'd say my healthy week last week paid off. Deffo went up a few pounds over the Christmas. My target now is to lose to my second stone before mid march. 10 pounds to go...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Starrgrrl wrote: »
    Hi all! Wonder if anyone can chance a guess at a Pad Thai from a restaurant? Even best guess?

from what I remember from the eating out guide it is about 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:mad:Hadn't went to ww since oct,went last week,up 5lbs,weighed in exactly same as i did last jan!!!!:eek:only in mean time i had lost just over 1stone,2silver 7's,but regained it over course of year!! my daughter said to me "why do you do it to yourself?",just thinkin 10 wi til paddys day,wouldn't a stone gone be mighty????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

ali85 wrote: »
    That is deadly!!! 3lbs.... thats almost 1/4 of a stone!!! that is brilliant!!! I hope I am as good as you tomorrow night!!!! Im thrilled for ya!!! :D

Thanks, am delighted myself! Got home and cooked myself a healthy dinner to keep the momentum going. Good luck tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Starrgrrl wrote: »

from what I remember from the eating out guide it is about 21.

Oh dear!! Day 2 and weeklies broken into already! Ah well!
    Thanks!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm going to be down tonight but I don't know by how much. I wasn't hungry last night so I just had beans on toast for dinner and I had that early. So I'm guessing that the surprisingly small number on my home scales this morning was a blip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

WI in an hour, I've stuck to my propoints, only used about ten weeklies and have exercised 6 days this week. Fingers crossed! :)

ShindyB wrote: »
    WI in an hour, I've stuck to my propoints, only used about ten weeklies and have exercised 6 days this week. Fingers crossed! :)

Good Luck Shindy!!! You will do great!!!! :D:D

Oh and I had the fajitas last night too!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ShindyB wrote: »

Good Luck! :D

petal28 wrote: »
    bailypants those websites are great loads of receipe ideas,

I like them! ;)

Just had my WI and down 3lbs in my first week back! Am delighted, most nervous moment ever stepping onto those scales!

That is fab, well done! I hope I could do as well tomorrow, but we'll see ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fluffball

Just want to say Happy New Year to everybody, ye are all doing great so keep up the good work. One little tip for those of you who like me do not work outside the home I find if I go out most mornings it helps then have lunch, do the house CHORES :( then its time to get dinner ready.....might help somebody.
    So come on People.....EAT LESS and lets MOVE MORE...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

I was sick this week so had a really bad feeling that I'd lost nothing. Went
    to my WI and discovered I lost 3.5 lbs, delighted! Only 1lb away from losing my first stone, feeling great about it!

Taz1 wrote: »
    I was sick this week so had a really bad feeling that I'd lost nothing. Went
    to my WI and discovered I lost 3.5 lbs, delighted! Only 1lb away from losing my first stone, feeling great about it!

Taz1 that is brilliant! Jesus I hope I don't let the side down later on! you are all doing soooo well!!!

That's fantastic!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hey Guys,

Am bac on the WW buzz, doing it at home myself, my motivation is this time last year I was 3stone heavier!

Anyone any idea on uci nachos and cheese sauce? absolutely crave them, would love to get them the weekend as a treat in cinema - Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

OXO stock cubes vegetable, beef and chicken are 0pp

Knorr stock pots are 1pp
    Thanks for that! I never knew they were 0 and I loved the veg one!
    deekildare wrote: »
    does anyone know where ww sausages went can't find them anywhere since before christmas
    They used to have them in Dunnes and supervalue but I have been trying to get them for a while and cant either! I got some Devina McCall ones veg and they worked out 3pp per sausage so they are still in my freezer LOL

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Weight Watchers actually sent it to me as I have a Blog and I made some recipe videos for their new Youtube page, but you can get them from your WW meetings.

Its my 4th WW Cookbook and I have to say I think its the best so far.
    Great blog and videos I have been meaning to do something similar and you have inspired me, help keep me in check and might kick my ass in to gear sorting out all my recipes.

So after a 4.5 gain over Christmas which I expected at WI and was not upset about. Ive been really enjoying getting back in to it again and tracking and cooking and I got a Wii for Christmas and wii fit loving it and working out every day, I really need to do more exercise and tone up and my core is so bad after kids so got a new EZ active game thanks to a fellow WW and boards member and its brilliant really really hard work but I am sore in a good way and working really hard as well .

Does any one else have use the wii fit for wi at home how accurate to the ww scales is it! Im showing a big loss and wondering if its for real LOL

• Advertisement

I have a Wii fit at home. At the moment it's showing me with around a 2kg loss. I have my weigh in tonight and I have worked out going by the Wii I should be down around 3.5 give or take. But again, I'm not sure how accurate it is.... I will find out tonight and I will let you know....

Not too confident though tbh! :)

Where I work has a food market every wednesday, different from the food I eat evert day. Just want some opinions on what to point this at. Got a chickpea and spinach stew with cous cous - there was about 100-130 grams of couscous, and what looked like 2-3 tbs of chickpeas in it, probably had some oil or stock used in the cooking but the pot that it came from was huge and everything else in it would have been 0 propoints. Was gonna log it in at 9propoints. Do you think that sounds right?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Baby75 wrote: »
    Thanks for that! I never knew they were 0 and I loved the veg one!

They used to have them in Dunnes and supervalue but I have been trying to get them for a while and cant either! I got some Devina McCall ones veg and they worked out 3pp per sausage so they are still in my freezer LOL

Great blog and videos I have been meaning to do something similar and you have inspired me, help keep me in check and might kick my ass in to gear sorting out all my recipes.

So after a 4.5 gain over Christmas which I expected at WI and was not upset about. Ive been really enjoying getting back in to it again and tracking and cooking and I got a Wii for Christmas and wii fit loving it and working out every day, I really need to do more exercise and tone up and my core is so bad after kids so got a new EZ active game thanks to a fellow WW and boards member and its brilliant really really hard work but I am sore in a good way and working really hard as well .

Does any one else have use the wii fit for wi at home how accurate to the ww scales is it! Im showing a big loss and wondering if its for real LOL

My wii fit and my home scales are about the same so fairly accurate for me anyway.. One evening I weighed in on the wii fit did not like what i seen and turned the tv off calling it all sorts of names only to relise i really was up that amount on real scales opps.. we got the kinect for christmas, the adventure game is a workout and a half the sweat pumping even on the basic level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I was down 2lbs this week :D I am back in the 11's at last. Well done everyone else who had losses this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Is anyone watching the biggest loser and operation transformation?

I know on the biggest loser the excersise like mad but i couldnt believe it when they were upset about losing 2-4lb any of us would be jumping for joy!!

I really believe WW is the way to go, I have never felt deprived of food drinks and even sweets lol and in 5 months 23lbs lighter I can say I would recommend this route to everyone and anyone!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I was down 2lbs this week :D I am back in the 11's at last. Well done everyone else who had losses this week.

Fantastic! Congratulations! I'm hoping for something similar tomorrow evening, fingers crossed! :o

Baby75 wrote: »

Just set one up myself! Jwacqui's one is a real inspiration. Not sure how good mine will be but have found it quite therapeutic writing about it!

Eabhabear wrote: »

Thats brilliant Eabhabear!!!! WELL DONE!!!! :D:D:D

Its great when you go into the next stone!!! :D:D:D I am a bit off going into the 11s meself... unless by some miracle I lose over a half a stone.... not a chance unless i cut my arm off ha! :D

That is deadly!!!!

Just set one up myself! Jwacqui's one is a real inspiration. Not sure how good mine will be but have found it quite therapeutic writing about it!

Fair play Penguin! Sounds great! You'll have to share the link with us :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Fantastic! Congratulations! I'm hoping for something similar tomorrow evening, fingers crossed! :o

Thanks. I'm aiming for a lb a week that way if they're bigger great if not I'll still hopefully have 19lbs off come my holidays. Good luck tomorrow!
    ali85 wrote: »
    Thats brilliant Eabhabear!!!! WELL DONE!!!! :D:D:D

Its great when you go into the next stone!!! :D:D:D I am a bit off going into the 11s meself... unless by some miracle I lose over a half a stone.... not a chance unless i cut my arm off ha! :D

That is deadly!!!!

Thanks! I was in the 11's back in October but then exams and Christmas happened :rolleyes: I'm just happy to be back in the 11's now. You'll get into the 11's don't worry. The slower the better I've found as it's less likely to pile back on :) I only put on 4lbs during the last 2 months, before it probably would have been a stone :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement