Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Great idea that! Fab that you've already lost 22lbs?!!

Mine is starting at the start! :eek: As long as it keeps going in the same direction, I don't think I mind by how much lol ! :D

Yup, started in September.

My goal BMI is 24 though, think it's far more maintainable than anything lower for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Do you have the link for us to have a gander?! ;)

here it is, http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/ - put the link in my signature too.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

ali85 wrote: »
    k folks.... first week WI tonight... down 4lbs!!!! :D

really happy!!!

now at 12st 2.5lbs.... :D:D

Good luck to everyone for their WIs tomorrow and Friday.... :D

Well done! That's an amazing start! You've just become my motivation for the week! :D

Great idea that! Fab that you've already lost 22lbs?!!

Mine is starting at the start! :eek: As long as it keeps going in the same direction, I don't think I mind by how much lol ! :D

weight.png

How do you set up one of those ticker things?!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

ShindyB wrote: »
    Well done! That's an amazing start! You've just become my motivation for the week! :D

Thanks Shindy.... I was naughty last night... had some chips as a treat... I was good all day yesterday and have started off really well today.... back on the wagon.

I actually enjoyed the few chips so much more than I usually have done, I think because I see them more as a treat already than something to have with EVERYTHING I eat! :D

I really have to drink more water. I'm terrible with that.... any tips about how to get water interesting???? I would just much prefer a bottle of diet coke ha!

• Advertisement

Thanks Shindy.... I was naughty last night... had some chips as a treat... I was good all day yesterday and have started off really well today.... back on the wagon.

I actually enjoyed the few chips so much more than I usually have done, I think because I see them more as a treat already than something to have with EVERYTHING I eat! :D

I really have to drink more water. I'm terrible with that.... any tips about how to get water interesting???? I would just much prefer a bottle of diet coke ha!

We all deserve a treat, knowing when to stop is an achievement! I'm a b*tch for pepsi max so I know how you feel about the water thing. Drank 1.5 litres yesterday. It was a conscious thing though but will become the norm shortly I hope. Added some mi-wadi orange and pineapple to it - 0pp and gives it a nice boost!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

I used to really struggle with water but now I boil it, and add a bit of sugar free squash. Mi wadi summer fruits is my favourite but each to their own. Its like a whole new experience and now I drink my two ltrs a day at least!
    :D

Think I've figured it out!

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

I absolutely love the Robinsons Peach to add to my water! Put it in my water bottle in the mornings to go to work, and then drink regular water the rest of the day. So I count the peach drink as like my treat & then down to the proper stuff. Now I say that like I actually do it haha! I really have to try to remember to drink a lot more than I do. I just sip away a few times a day, only have about a litre a day :eek:

I'm kinda using the 'Thank' as you would a facebook 'like'. Do you guys do that too haha?!

• Advertisement

here it is, http://59lbstogo.blogspot.com/ - put the link in my signature too.

It's great! I commented on your last post!

Can I ask you how you we able to type a sentance in the description of your blog at the top and then get your ticker 'underneath'?!

Because when I write my description and then hit return a fews times to go down a couple of lines and then paste in my ticker, the ticker is showing up 'beside' my sentance, and I'd like it underneath.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the tips ladies....

Got myself a squeezy bottle of ballygowan this morning (600ml bottle) Just about to refill it. I am trying....this is definitely going to be a process!!! :D

Are we all going to buy the RTE Guide this week?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

It's great! I commented on your last post!

Can I ask you how you we able to type a sentance in the description of your blog at the top and then get your ticker 'underneath'?!

Because when I write my description and then hit return a fews times to go down a couple of lines and then paste in my ticker, the ticker is showing up 'beside' my sentance, and I'd like it underneath.. :rolleyes:

There is an option in the dashboard that has design' and it lets you add boxes and move them around so they appear in different order. So I just moved the ticker box to below the description. Hard to explain but hope that helps!
    Thanks for all the tips ladies....

Got myself a squeezy bottle of ballygowan this morning (600ml bottle) Just about to refill it. I am trying....this is definitely going to be a process!!! :D

Are we all going to buy the RTE Guide this week?????

Got it last night, the success story is for a woman who lost 11 stone - it is AMAZING!

There is an option in the dashboard that has design' and it lets you add boxes and move them around so they appear in different order. So I just moved the ticker box to below the description. Hard to explain but hope that helps!

Ah I thought it was something to do with that, but wasn't 100%. Got it now. Thank you! :p

Its pay day today so I shall be hitting the shops in spots today....

Got a few bits in tescos last night.... the WW wraps, bagels and bread are still 2 for €2.50 (I think!) I picked up a few last night. Am obsessed with the wraps... have them as a snack or as part of my dinner.... trying to wean myself off the bread ha!

I got a few staples like tins of tomatoes, red onions etc.... any ideas for other good store cupboard foods....

Oh and just wondering if the low low spreadable cheese is gone off the market? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE.... tried the Centras in the area, Dunnes, Tesco even Lidl... no joy! :( I love that on Cracottes!

Its pay day today so I shall be hitting the shops in spots today....

Got a few bits in tescos last night.... the WW wraps, bagels and bread are still 2 for €2.50 (I think!) I picked up a few last night. Am obsessed with the wraps... have them as a snack or as part of my dinner.... trying to wean myself off the bread ha!

I got a few staples like tins of tomatoes, red onions etc.... any ideas for other good store cupboard foods....

Oh and just wondering if the low low spreadable cheese is gone off the market? I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE.... tried the Centras in the area, Dunnes, Tesco even Lidl... no joy! :( I love that on Cracottes!

Hi! Well I've gone very Mexican with my cooking this week, mostly for the flavour that it gives without the points.

So I stocked up on, red onions, tomatoes, peppers, chilis, garlic, limes, tins of tomatoes, tomato paste, avocados (I know they're high in points, but a little is just lovely with Mex food!), wraps and brown rice. Then spices such as coriander, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper, chilli flakes. And cottage cheese in place of sour cream. Just so much more flavoursome than a regular stir fry or meat & two veg.

Just my two cents :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

OMG Just had a plain digestive biscuit at work 2pp I feel like I have been robbed!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

anybody know how many PP in a bundy (bunburger) no nutritional info on the pack- they were bought in a huge pack so I'm guessing thats why!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Hey Guys

I have been looking through your posts the last two days and must say I am so impressed - you guys are amazing! I am back to WW for my third time and this time, I am at my BIGGEST, 19 stone and 3 and a half pounds :mad::mad: what has happened to me?! Anyway, I have to say I feel different this time..life is getting far too difficult being overweight and things have to change. I have been on my best behavior this week and even did Zumba for 30 mins for five of the days. I have my second weigh-in tonight and I really hope that a good loss will motivate me to keep going strong.

Quick question...

I have 43 points per day and use about 33 on food (including a WW microwave meal for dinner - as I am terrible at cooking, which is half the problem) and then I use most of the rest for treats. I have a VERY sweet tooth and I have been nibbling on WW bars and snacks! But still keeping within my points.. Is this OK? Or do you think it will go against me? I just find that still feeling a little bold and having the treats makes it a lot easier.

I have copied some of your recipes and food PP's from the threads, thank you! I will also be buying the Eating Out book tonight. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

intouch44 wrote: »
    anybody know how many PP in a bundy (bunburger) no nutritional info on the pack- they were bought in a huge pack so I'm guessing thats why!

Hey

The Bundy hotdog bun, which I am guessing is pretty similar, is 5 pro points. I hope that is of some use, it didn't show up on Tesco.ie

• Advertisement

befriend1 wrote: »
    Hey Guys

I have been looking through your posts the last two days and must say I am so impressed - you guys are amazing! I am back to WW for my third time and this time, I am at my BIGGEST, 19 stone and 3 and a half pounds :mad::mad: what has happened to me?! Anyway, I have to say I feel different this time..life is getting far too difficult being overweight and things have to change. I have been on my best behavior this week and even did Zumba for 30 mins for five of the days. I have my second weigh-in tonight and I really hope that a good loss will motivate me to keep going strong.

Quick question...

I have 43 points per day and use about 33 on food (including a WW microwave meal for dinner - as I am terrible at cooking, which is half the problem) and then I use most of the rest for treats. I have a VERY sweet tooth and I have been nibbling on WW bars and snacks! But still keeping within my points.. Is this OK? Or do you think it will go against me? I just find that still feeling a little bold and having the treats makes it a lot easier.

I have copied some of your recipes and food PP's from the threads, thank you! I will also be buying the Eating Out book tonight. :):)

Welcome Back! I also am a terrible cook but the fajitas are simple to make and so yummy! had the left over salsa with WW nachos last night for a guilt free 2pp. It's trial and error a lot of the time so just try some new things and post on here if you need any help! Good luck with WI!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey Guys

Quick question...

You should try and move away from frozen meals as they are high in salt and sugar and are not satisfying. Get yourself a cookbook and try a few recipes. Have a look on Amazon for easy cookbooks. I was a terrible cook before WW and ate chicken burgers and waffles and pizzas. I got some cookbooks and some basic recipes off my mum and started from there. You will appreciate fresh food much more and it will keep you fuller for longer.

You really shouldn't be using 10PP on treats. You have to remember where your bad habits got you and try and break them. One or two treats a day is ok (WW friendly ones) or even three for now, but you should slowly try and cut that down to at most one per day and maybe a nicer treat at the weekends. For sweet tooth, you should try snacking on strawberries and raspberries. Also, options hot chocolate is only 1PP and really satisfies a chocolate craving. If you find you are not using all your PP in a day, try bulking your meals up with healthy fats like avocado and oily fish. Try having big fresh meals and you will be full so that should limit your need to snack.

Best of luck. I was 18 stone 3lb when I started weightwatchers and I am now 15 stone 5lb. Onwards and downwards :)

Hey Guys

Quick question...

Well I have to say that this thread has motivated me no end. I want to be able to say I lost however amounts of lbs like everyone else and get the pats on the back and all that! Although 10 points is a lot to be spending on treats, if you really feel you need them at this stage, like you are only starting out, but over the weeks you should try to get them down a bit. But all the best with it & good luck at your WI. I've mine tonite too! Eeeek! ;)

Actually, ask your leader about how many points you shoould be spending on treats when you're there tonight ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Just set one up myself! Jwacqui's one is a real inspiration. Not sure how good mine will be but have found it quite therapeutic writing about it!

Aww thanks! I'll go on now and follow yours! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

started WW last week so first WI tonight (gulp). I took a sneaky look at the scales last night and I wasn't even down half a pound so not feeling too optimistic. I didn't track my points very closely so that probably didn't help. But in any case I feel I did really well with eating the right things like lots of fruit and veg and cooking my own dinners.

I was in WW years ago before propoints; I quite like the new plan especially the emphasis on eating protein.

hollypink wrote: »
    started WW last week so first WI tonight (gulp). I took a sneaky look at the scales last night and I wasn't even down half a pound so not feeling too optimistic. I didn't track my points very closely so that probably didn't help. But in any case I feel I did really well with eating the right things like lots of fruit and veg and cooking my own dinners.

I was in WW years ago before propoints; I quite like the new plan especially the emphasis on eating protein.

I was the same as you. I knew I did well ok with the food and kinda panicked when it came to the exercise. I moved a little bit more but it wasn't until maybe Monday when I actually went for a decent walk.

You should try tracking. I did that this week. I never used to. Well I would start it and maybe last 2 days then just wing it, but going on what all the people on here said I stuck to it this week. It works. If for nothing else it kinda embarrassed me when I actually saw how much I was eating.

I bet you will do great.... just remember that the fact that you are making changes shows you are moving in the right direction.... (Something my leader said last night.... really stuck in me head!)

hollypink wrote: »

I am exactly the same. WI tonite, didn't track to well, but feel I ate much healthier etc.

Good luck tonite eeek! ;)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Aww thanks! I'll go on now and follow yours! :D

You're vid's are fab Jwacqui! Fair play to you!

Insipred me to, well write a blog (1st post last nite eeek!), not quite up to vid's just yet lol! :p

I was the same as you. I knew I did well ok with the food and kinda panicked when it came to the exercise. I moved a little bit more but it wasn't until maybe Monday when I actually went for a decent walk.

You should try tracking. I did that this week. I never used to. Well I would start it and maybe last 2 days then just wing it, but going on what all the people on here said I stuck to it this week. It works. If for nothing else it kinda embarrassed me when I actually saw how much I was eating.

I bet you will do great.... just remember that the fact that you are making changes shows you are moving in the right direction.... (Something my leader said last night.... really stuck in me head!)

Speaking of tracking, I've started using that iWatcher iPhone app. It's good so far. Anyone else using it? How you finding it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Hi All,

It's been quite a while since I posted, or even caught up on this thread and it feels good to be back.

I was doing WW's last year in the run up to my wedding in November. Managed to lose 30 pounds in total and I was really happy with my progress. So after the wedding I left everything slide, ATE myself across California on Honeymoon, ate everything I could over Christmas and New Year and I turned up at WW's last Tuesday night to check out the damage...

12 POUNDS UP!!!!

I knew by my clothes that I had put up some weight but I really didn't think it would be that much.. Any way, the damage is done. I'm really glad I went back when I did, and now it's back on the WW's wagon for me. I'm trying to feel positive but I can't say it's fun to be 'RE-losing' weight. But, I am where I am, so onwards and downwards eh?

Just thought I'd share :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement