Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Im still having problems getting a lot of the weight watcher foods - especially the pitta breads and wraps

Has anyone seen them back in the supermarkets anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Im still having problems getting a lot of the weight watcher foods - especially the pitta breads and wraps

Most Tesco's should have the pitta's, wraps and bagels. Dunnes are a good stockist of WW food too and Superquinn sometimes have a decent range. Aldi are also doing special offers today (there might be some left tomorrow) including WW bagels, pitta's, wraps, sauces, choc wafers and wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Monife wrote: »
    You must be doing something wrong. How can you fit 3 meals into 9PP? You are advised to eat all of your daily allowance because if you eat too little, your body can go into a sort of starvation mode (not really but it slows your metabolism down) and then it starts to cling onto whatever fat it has as a precautionary measure. If you are eating three square meals with those little amount of points, try bulking the meats up with more protein or healthy fats, like avocado.

I had only a ham salad for lunch with some fruit, cost me like 1 point. I bulked up for my tea last night and I ended up at 26 points for the day. Its just trying to get used to all the new points values and what must be pointed now and what is free, like fruit etc....

I'm off and running for today.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Trixgalway

Hi,
    Just joined WW and have at least started out well with a food diary. I am also lucky to have a good canteen at work with a good variety of foods, but already on day 1 I cannot find the WW PP for some items.
    I had for example some beef caserole
    coffee
    1 sachet sugar
    1 bowl of porridge made with water

Is there any easy way to calculate these points?
    Regards, trix

Trixgalway wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just joined WW and have at least started out well with a food diary. I am also lucky to have a good canteen at work with a good variety of foods, but already on day 1 I cannot find the WW PP for some items.
    I had for example some beef caserole
    coffee
    1 sachet sugar
    1 bowl of porridge made with water

Is there any easy way to calculate these points?
    Regards, trix

I'm a newbie too... :)

from my reading of it a medium bowl of porridge made with water is 3 pro points and a sachet of sugar is approx 1 point. 5mg of sugar is 1 point so I assume a sachet is about 5mg.... and coffee is free.

As for the caserole.... It all depends on what kind of beef, what stock, potatoes etc.... so it can vary

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

haven't pointed since Nov ;) so went back on wed and up 1lb which means i'm 12lb under my goal weight.:D:Di don't want to lose anymore just want to maintain where i'm at now!!! good luck to everyone especially the newbies,,it took me 9 months to get from 12 st 7 to 8 st 12 but the hardest part for me was maintaining.my goal was 9st11 but ended up losing another stone as i was terrifed of adding points to maintain!!!!!but i have it figured it out now(i hope:rolleyes:) keep trying you will get there!!!

ah thats great.you started around the same as me. I started on Wednesday... start weight is 12st 6.5lb, I'm hoping to get between 9st 7lb and 10st and go from there. At least see what looks better when I get there ya know. ha!

Aiming to lose about 45lbs.... fingers crossed....

What height are you ????

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    ah thats great.you started around the same as me. I started on Wednesday... start weight is 12st 6.5lb, I'm hoping to get between 9st 7lb and 10st and go from there. At least see what looks better when I get there ya know. ha!

Aiming to lose about 45lbs.... fingers crossed....

What height are you ????
    I've just started yesterday! ProPoints are all new to me, so will take some getting used to. Feel I will really struggle with limiting myself at the beginning, but I will persevere. Ali you're nearly the same as me, I'm 12'5 hoping to get down to 9'5.

Here's hoping! But it seems a long way off I have to say.. ;-)

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Yeah its taken me a while, hasn't been overnight but I'll get there! Was over 17stone, I'm now 13st 7. Another 3stone to go.
    Oh my goodness, that's fab! You're a veteren so! I'm 12.5 and need to loose at least 3stone. Am afraid that I won't stick to it to get there which is what has happened in the past, but really want to get there this time! Any tips for sticking to it for the long haul?! ;-)

I've just started yesterday! ProPoints are all new to me, so will take some getting used to. Feel I will really struggle with limiting myself at the beginning, but I will persevere. Ali you're nearly the same as me, I'm 12'5 hoping to get down to 9'5.

Here's hoping! But it seems a long way off I have to say.. ;-)

Well we can help each other out on this... :) I just want to get rid of this belly of mine that could rival a mitchelin warehouse! :D

BTW anyone know how many pro points are in the McCambridges slices????

• Advertisement

For someone who only joined and is a bit daunted by keeping to low points meals and who doesn't like fish, anyone have any tips on lunches for work?!

Thanks!!

Im a wagon for the bread so I made myself up a sandwich last night. I used wafer thin ham, a slice of low fat cheese and some salad. The sambo comes in at 7 pro points, then I have a cup of soup which I've worked out is only a point.

I assume you are around the same amount of points as me so an 8 point lunch is definitely doable for the rest of the day!

Or try making up like a pasta salad or something. I did one the last time with tuna and pasata but you can get all the chicken pieces and that in the supermarkets now to throw in.

The WW bagels and wraps are on special offer in Aldi at the moment too... made a trip last night and almost cleared the shop! hahaha!

Well we can help each other out on this... :) I just want to get rid of this belly of mine that could rival a mitchelin warehouse! :D

2PP for 1 slice
    5PP for 2 slices

:)
    Oh my goodness, that's fab! You're a veteren so! I'm 12.5 and need to loose at least 3stone. Am afraid that I won't stick to it to get there which is what has happened in the past, but really want to get there this time! Any tips for sticking to it for the long haul?! ;-)

I have been doing WW since November 2010 and I had lost 52lb by July but with the stress of my wedding and honeymoon I fell completely off the wagon and have put on 13lb. So, 39lb lost so far (81lb left to go) and I think I have my head back in the game now. I want to go away to the canaries next Winter (October or November 2012) so what is keeping me motivated is imagining all the lovely summer clothes I could buy and even possibly getting into a bikini (for the first time ever) by then. Fat clothes weigh so much, so another bonus would be a lighter suitcase lol Just remember why you started, the horrible feeling of having the extra weight and just think that nothing tastes as good as slim is going to feel. If you are having a bad day, dont let it run in to a bad week and come on here for support. Best of luck :) My new years resolution is to lose 4 stone, that is approx 1lb a week which is very do-able. Set yourself mini goals like half a stone, a stone, down a clothes size and when you hit those targets, buy yourself something nice.
    For someone who only joined and is a bit daunted by keeping to low points meals and who doesn't like fish, anyone have any tips on lunches for work?!

Thanks!!

Hate fish too, well I like tinned tuna but that is about it. WW bagels/wraps/pitta's with chicken/ham/bacon medallions, 0PP veg soup with 2 slices of brown bread and maybe slice of ham on them for protein. Can have loads of different variations for salads, ham, chicken, beef stirfry strips (possibly have stirfry for dinner and make a bit extra for lunch). You could also incorporate 40g of wholewheat pasta or cous cous into your salad too.

Right so I am going to set myself some mini goals. The first one is a biggy because I want to get back to where I was.

*Lose 11lb - 50lb target reached (will get my 50lb cert then too because I didnt get it last time because the leader didnt have any at the time).

*Lose another 5lb - be under the 200lb mark (199lb)

*Lose another 1lb - 4 stone lost and 8th silver seven

*Lose another 7lb - 9th silver seven

*Lose another 7lb - 5th stone lost and 10th silver seven

*Lose another 7lb - 11th silver seven

*Lose another 7lb - 6th stone and 12th silver seven

*Lose another 1lb - Will go from the obese catagory to the overweight catagory

So once I get back to where I was, a lot of nice achievable goals there. Look forward to hitting every single one and more. Best of luck to everyone else.

*Sorry for the enormous post :)

Edit: Ali beat me to the lunch ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladysaint

Aldi had ww stuff on offer from yesterday.

Bagels, wraps, pittas, bars etc

Picked a few up last night :)

Monife, that is wonderful inspiration, thank you.

Am going to do my first 2shop2 tonite, so will hopefully be well stocked!

What are your good "staples" that you couldn't do without?!

Sorry for picking your brain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Yeah its taken me a while, hasn't been overnight but I'll get there! Was over 17stone, I'm now 13st 7. Another 3stone to go.

Definitely a veteran at this point. I think the hardest part is realising that it's for life. I have a problem with my weight and overeating that I need to be careful of forever. The big turning moment for me was accepting this and vowing to stay at my ww meetings every week no matter what and know that if I didn't go the gain or bad week I had would be worse if I wasnt there getting the support.

1lb a week is 3st 8lb in a year. Totally doable. Just break it all down into small goals. For example my next aim is 6lb which will be 4 stone. Then 2lb to get back into the 12stones. Then 5lb for my 4.5stone etc. make it manageable and realise it really is one day at a time. If you have a good day let it encourage you to have another. If you have a bad day it's one day and start tomo afresh. :-D

That sounds great Monife!!! Breaking down the goals like that make it seem so much more achievable rather than saying I want to lose x amount of weight in x amount of time....

Here goes mine..... :)

Start - 12st 6.5lbs

* lose 7lbs - into the next stone & Silver 7 (11st 13.5lbs)

* Lose 2.5lbs - 5% goal (11st 11lbs)

* Lose 4.5lbs- 1st stone (2nd silver 7) (11st 6.5lbs)

* Lose 3.5lbs - 10% goal (11st 3lbs)

* Lose 3.5lbs - into next stone (3rd silver 7) (10st 13.5lbs)

* Lose 2lbs - 20lb down (10st 11.5lb)

* Lose 5lbs - 2nd stone (4th Silver 7) (10st 6.5lbs)

* Lose 5lbs - 30lbs down (10st 1.5lb)

* Lose 2lbs - into next stone (5th silver 7) (9st 13.5lb)

* Lose 3lbs - 35lb down (9st 10.5lb)

* Lose 4lbs - 3rd stone (4th silver 7) (9st 6.5lb) GOAL!!!!!!!

There is another long drawn out post haha!!!

I'm going to print this off and stick a copy to my fridge and one on my press so I can see the progress.... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Trixgalway

wow, very fast moving thread! i want to loose approx 3-4 stone and badly need to do it. I think the 1 day at a time is a good mindset.

I think for staples i will use/keep in supply:

WW frozen meals, easy to prepare and easy to figure the points
    WW nicies - mousse, biscuits etc, for when its not easy

lean meat, should be easy to prepare and know points

Potatoes, i believe a potatoe baked is normally around 6 points but could be much better than loading with pasta and bread which leaves me bloated

I am luck to have good canteen at work and can stick to spud, meat, salad, porridge, fruit etc Monday to Friday

What I lack the most is that for a lot of meals prepared here I end up guessing the WWPP value because of the contents (takes yest, beef caserole), today was easier though with fillet of fish

If anyone has any good source for easily identifying all these "odd" points categories then it would be great to share!

best wishes to all

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Aldi have every type of ww bread, pitta, wrap crisps etc on offer this week!!

(well in roscommon anyway) :)

I started off August 24th @ 13st 11

Silver 7 @ 13st 4lb achieved

5% @ 13st 1lb achieved

Silver 7 (stone) @ 12st 11lb achieved

10% loss @ 12st 6lb achieved

Silver 7 @ 12st 4lb achieved

I then went on holidays Dec 9th-18th and Christmas so +7lb back on track now at 12st 4lb again so onwards and downwards!!

25lb total loss is only -4lb away

silver 7 @ 11st 11lb is only -7lb away

silver 7 @ 11st 4lb is only -14lb away

GOAL @ 11st 0lb is only -18lb away

Baby Steps but I will finish the race!

• Advertisement

Trixgalway wrote: »
    wow, very fast moving thread! i want to loose approx 3-4 stone and badly need to do it. I think the 1 day at a time is a good mindset.

I think for staples i will use/keep in supply:

WW frozen meals, easy to prepare and easy to figure the points
    WW nicies - mousse, biscuits etc, for when its not easy

lean meat, should be easy to prepare and know points

Potatoes, i believe a potatoe baked is normally around 6 points but could be much better than loading with pasta and bread which leaves me bloated

I am luck to have good canteen at work and can stick to spud, meat, salad, porridge, fruit etc Monday to Friday

What I lack the most is that for a lot of meals prepared here I end up guessing the WWPP value because of the contents (takes yest, beef caserole), today was easier though with fillet of fish

If anyone has any good source for easily identifying all these "odd" points categories then it would be great to share!

best wishes to all

A tip for your Potateos:

Always weigh raw 1pp for every 50g then no matter how you cook them the pp will be the same (unless you add oil) the baked potato debate is very confusing but the raw weight is the correct weight so a 300g potato will be 6pp no matter what you do with it!!

10g of rice or pasta raw is 1pp again always weigh raw as the water will soak into it when cooking typical portion I would have is 60g for 6pp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

A tip for your Potateos:

Always weigh raw 1pp for every 50g then no matter how you cook them the pp will be the same (unless you add oil) the baked potato debate is very confusing but the raw weight is the correct weight so a 300g potato will be 6pp no matter what you do with it!!

10g of rice or pasta raw is 1pp again always weigh raw as the water will soak into it when cooking typical portion I would have is 60g for 6pp

Thats what i do to, i find with the cooked weights of rice and pasta if you over/undercook a diff amount of water will be absorbed so may make a diff to the end result. I know its only marginal but id still rather be spot on. Also with the likes of rice and pasta i taste it as its cooking to see if its done - if i wait til after its cooked then im not including that. If i weigh 60 grams raw weight no matter when i taste it then ive included it.

The tip for shopping is to be fully prepared and plan, plan, plan!!

Make out a meal plan for the week and then base your shopping list on that.

The staples I would have in my press are:

Tins of beans
    Passata
    Knorr chicken stock pots
    Knorr beef stock pots
    Soy sauce
    Sesame oil
    Chilli oil
    Low cal oil spray
    Numerous dried spices (chilli, thyme, garlic powder, tarragon, oregano etc)
    Tins of various fruits in natural juice (0PP when drained)
    Tins of tuna
    Ryvita
    Rice cakes
    Sugarfree jelly
    Wholewheat pasta
    Amoy straight to wok singapore noodles (6PP per serve)
    WW goodies (like choc wafers, the cookies, the bars you get in meetings, the cereal bars)

In the fridge, I would always have chicken breasts, WW yoghurts, laughing cow cheese, phildelphia light garlic and herbs, low low or flora light, eggs, plenty of salad-y veg.

In the freezer, I would always have frozen peas, stirfry veg, frozen berries (for smoothies), leftover frozen meals and I would sometimes have a WW pizza, WW desserts. I would advise against WW frozen meals. I don't find them filling at all and if you are stuck for time you would be better having an omelette with some salad or a quick stirfry.

There is probably more but I can't think right now.

Enough to get you started anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shinnie0503

Hi, I weighed and pointed two slices to be five pro points

Monife wrote: »

The tip for shopping is to be fully prepared and plan, plan, plan!!

Make out a meal plan for the week and then base your shopping list on that.

The staples I would have in my press are:

Tins of beans
    Passata
    Knorr chicken stock pots
    Knorr beef stock pots
    Soy sauce
    Sesame oil
    Chilli oil
    Low cal oil spray
    Numerous dried spices (chilli, thyme, garlic powder, tarragon, oregano etc)
    Tins of various fruits in natural juice (0PP when drained)
    Tins of tuna
    Ryvita
    Rice cakes
    Sugarfree jelly
    Wholewheat pasta
    Amoy straight to wok singapore noodles (6PP per serve)
    WW goodies (like choc wafers, the cookies, the bars you get in meetings, the cereal bars)

In the fridge, I would always have chicken breasts, WW yoghurts, laughing cow cheese, phildelphia light garlic and herbs, low low or flora light, eggs, plenty of salad-y veg.

In the freezer, I would always have frozen peas, stirfry veg, frozen berries (for smoothies), leftover frozen meals and I would sometimes have a WW pizza, WW desserts. I would advise against WW frozen meals. I don't find them filling at all and if you are stuck for time you would be better having an omelette with some salad or a quick stirfry.

There is probably more but I can't think right now.

Enough to get you started anyway :D

Thanks so much! That will definitely help me on my way to doing my first shop!

Some great stuff in there! :-)

Just saw that next week the Daily Mail are doing a weight watchers special each day
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2082324/Weight-Watchers-diet-PROOF-lose-weight-eating-food-love.html

Recipes from celeb chefs so could be really good. Love cooking and collecting as many WW recipes as possible!

Sorry for my ignorance now but I never buy papers! Is the Daily Mail available in Ireland or will it be only uk?

Thanks Shinnie!!! I have amended my tracker! :D

Still doing well for the day.... 6points for breakfast, 8 points for lunch.

That leaves me 13 for dinner and snacks this evening... its dvd night tonight with the family so I could do with a few extra!! :)

Got those WW cheese tortillas in aldi last night .... dying to see what they are like.... hope they are nice, i have a serious obsession with the cheesy doritos, hopefully this will be a good substitute.... if all else fails I have worked out that 20g of the Aldi Cheese Puffs are only 2 points so there is always that!!!! :):):)

maggimay wrote: »
    hi all, have been following your posts over the past few months, I,m a gold member with about half a stone to get back to goal but have been messing before christmas up a lb here down same and so on but am back on track now and heading back to class tomorrow to face the music. is anyone else struggling with the same half stone that seems to be well stuck. anyway wish me luck for the weigh in and well done to everyone who actually had a good result i admire you guys

Hi MaggieMay, I too have been messing with the same half stone for years now!! I got to gold approx. 14 years ago and managed to maintain with the excpetion of the last half stone!! I was eating healthly, doing some excercise etc but nothing happened. I rejoined WW when the new PP system came out to see if I should be doing something different. At first there was no change, up a pound, down a pound etc. Then my leader changed and my new leader is fantastic. She got me to bring in my tracker and it looked perfect to her. She then asked me not only to track the food but what time I ate it at. When we did this, we discovered that i have been eating the same meals at the same times all the time! And also doing the same walk for years. So we started to mix it up a bit e.g. I would normally have my breakfast at 8.00ish (porridge) and then at 11.00 in work have some fruit or yogurt or melba toast. I changed to some days having the fruit at 8 and porridge at 11 and also mixed up the other meals and low and behold I lost 2.5lbs the first week and a steady 1lb every week after that:D. Put up 3lb over Christmas however so back on track now again.

Sorry for long post!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey guys, sorry to break up all the encouraging posts here, but I'm just wondering if it's possible to get the books we got at the beginning of the programme separately? I've lost my little purple one ("plan" I think??) and I was just wondering if it would be possible to get a replacement? I'm doing ww@home (post in my WI every week) so I wouldn't be able to get one at a meeting?
    Thanks, sorry again for interrupting the flow here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Sorry for my ignorance now but I never buy papers! Is the Daily Mail available in Ireland or will it be only uk?

I actually thought about this last night. I have never brought the Daily Mail (its my guilty pleasure online) so im not sure if it is. I'm hoping it is though so gonna check out a few places tomorrow and i'll post if i find it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement