Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 12mb/25mb/50mb/100mb BB confirmed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

stimpson wrote: »
    Just had a call from the courier. Modem to arrive tomorrow morning between 9 and 12.

But I want it NOW, godamnit.

Yep same here. 50 megs here we come!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

Same here. Good things come in threes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Anyone with the 50 meg, what sort of pings are you getting compared to the 30?? What is the modem like?
    I was told to apply online, which would cut out installation fees etc. Was told its only an extra 2 euro on top of my 30 meg..is that right??:confused: If so that is unreal value!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭kamin99

Lads, I would like to upgrade from 30Mb stand alone service (49.75 monthly) to the new 100Mb plus home phone with free time world for (Euro 57.0)
    My question is will I be getting a new phone number or UPC phone will have to use my eircom number and if it is a new phone number independent of the eircom number , can I apply for this upgrade on line or it is better to call UPC
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

@Flawedgenius The best Value is the 100meg with Freetime world for 57euro.

@Kamin99 I believe you have a choice they can transfer your number OR you could keep your eircom one and get a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

You can get a new phone number or port over your eircom number whichever you prefer.
    kamin99 wrote: »
    Lads, I would like to upgrade from 30Mb stand alone service (49.75 monthly) to the new 100Mb plus home phone with free time world for (Euro 57.0)
    My question is will I be getting a new phone number or UPC phone will have to use my eircom number and if it is a new phone number independent of the eircom number , can I apply for this upgrade on line or it is better to call UPC
    Many thanks

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭kamin99

Tony wrote: »
    You can get a new phone number or port over your eircom number whichever you prefer.

Cool as the wife will never let go of the Eircom phone so I can now have a new phone number , problem solved

Can i request the upgrade on line

I didnt even realise until last night that the phone package bundled includes free local national and international calls! Its an amazing deal which im sure must be a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Upgraded to 25M yesterday and although it's great value I'm paying the standalone charge + 3 euro non DD which comes up at roughly 45 pm

Now if I go 50M and phone(which I'll never use for calls) and set up DD I'm effectively doubling my broadband for 2 euro......it's a no brainer

I'll give it a while before I make the switch again but definately will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

bk wrote: »
    Sorry guys, I forgot about this, use the following link when ordering these new UPC packages to get a €50 voucher when you sign up :)

http://www.upc.ie/boardsoffer/

Wasn't there one for existing customers at some point?
    Or maybe that's dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

fionny wrote: »
    I didnt even realise until last night that the phone package bundled includes free local national and international calls! Its an amazing deal which im sure must be a mistake.

It's not a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Im on what is now 'Fibre power essential' bundle(tv,bb,ph) with 20MB.
    How much extra is it for me to upgrade to 50MB bb?.

How much resistence do you get and do you really have to get onto loyalty dept and threaten to leave for existing customers to get it?. I want the 50MB but i dont like the sounds of having to do that.

How much resistence do you get and do you really have to get onto loyalty dept and threaten to leave for existing customers to get it?. I want the 50MB but i dont like the sounds of having to do that.

What are you paying at the moment for what you have?

The new similar triple play pack is 75euro for 50meg or 85 for 100meg.

Its not a big deal to get it, really its not.. just ask for loyalty dept explain you want the new deal and job done. Its totally worth it rather then paying over the odds for the exactly same thing.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Wasn't there one for existing customers at some point?
    Or maybe that's dead.

I think this also applies to existing customers, but not 100%. You could ask over in the Bargains forum which is manned by UPC reps.

The 50Mb package is €65

Very little, sales will probably upgrade you with just a new 12 month contract.

fionny wrote: »
    What are you paying at the moment for what you have?

The new similar triple play pack is 75euro for 50meg or 85 for 100meg.

Its not a big deal to get it, really its not.. just ask for loyalty dept explain you want the new deal and job done. Its totally worth it rather then paying over the odds for the exactly same thing.

Im currently paying €65 but ive multiroom and 1hd box so 70+.
    Yeah ill give them a bell so. Actually just noticed that the ultimate means i get ESPN classic too and a couple more channels besides. Only got espn&espn america with the other package.
    I think the 50MB is enough. Im happy enough being able to dl a 1.5gb film in 10 minutes with 20mb!.

Yeah BK by its the actual package i just have to upgrade not just the broadband part. And with the extra channels its a must.

Just done it there no problem at all!. €10 extra for upgrade to the fibre power ultimate with 50MB. Only thing that went wrong was that there was an IT issue so they couldnt contact my tv signal. So i just have to ring tomorrow to ask for the same. He said i will still get the modem delivered by courier by the end of the week and its just a matter of plugging out the old and in with the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Irish Soldier

for that speed, them prices are sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

My wife rang them back to try get to the loyalty team (the account is in her name they would not talk to me) she had to talk to sales again first. They quoted her 95 a month instead of the 92 they quoted me. When she complained that it should only be 85 the girl put her on hold to talk to the supervisor when she came back she pretty much told my wife "that is how it is take it or leave it". My wife declined their generous offer but not in quite such polite terms.

She is going to ring back and threaten to cancel and see will that get her put through.

ttcomet wrote: »
    My wife rang them back to try get to the loyalty team (the account is in her name they would not talk to me) she had to talk to sales again first. They quoted her 95 a month instead of the 92 they quoted me. When she complained that it should only be 85 the girl put her on hold to talk to the supervisor when she came back she pretty much told my wife "that is how it is take it or leave it". My wife declined their generous offer but not in quite such polite terms.

She is going to ring back and threaten to cancel and see will that get her put through.

Damn skippy keep it up, ask directly to speak to the loyalty dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

How about thanking him for reminding people about it instead of giving out? Its been in bargain alerts since last February!

Ah I see what I did there I forgot to put in the :D when I originally posted.

Humble apologies to all, I didn't mean to upset anyone.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Heres what I did, I'm an existing customer paying 74 per month for 20meg, digital value and home phone world. I rang 1908 got put thru to sales and asked to upgrade to fibre power ultimate 50meg, digital max+ and home phone world for 75 per month, sales girl refused, saying not available to existing customers. Right, I said I gonna switch to Sky, put me on to cancelations dept, which she did. Girl on next said , is there anything she could do for me, I said, upgrade me. she said, no probs, modem coming Friday. Simples.:D

Thanx for the info guys faster BB better TV package, all for the princely sum of 1 euro extra per month.

PS have to pay one off 20 euro for new modem...;)

Skittle wrote: »

fair play to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Skittle wrote: »

haha! amazing what one smiley can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

acalmenvoy wrote: »

PS have to pay one off 20 euro for new modem...;)

If you pointed out that it was free online then whey would have waived that charge for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

just upgraded from 30mb to 100mb myself..

they told me it was 65 . i informed them it was 57+phone online..
    they put me through to loyalty line without asking!

They stung me for a 40euro fee for tech call out /equipment swap..(iam only with UPC BB just under a year) they wouldn't budge on this !!!

cramp

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hi Guys,

I was onto the loyalty department and I got switched from the all in bundle with 30mb to the 50mb for €75(including phone and TV)

However he is insisting that I need a technician and there will be a €40 fee.

Is everyone getting this? I asked could a courier come and I will set it up myself but he said that I need the technician.

Should I call back again and ask about the courier?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I was talking to them yesterday, wanted 100MB bb, phone and a few HD points put in - was quoted €122 - sweet - sign me up.
    She phones me back a few minutes later to tell me as an existing customer it will be €143 - decided not to take it and asked about 50MM, phone and HD and wasn't given a cheaper price - so decided to leave it as it is.
    Feckin' disgraceful.

I know if I did that, they'd say go ahead.

stimpson wrote: »
    If you pointed out that it was free online then whey would have waived that charge for you ;)

When I was on the phone the lady said it was 40 install charge for the 57 euro package, when i mentioned it was only 20 online she said she would only charge 20 for it.

Hope to have it in Thursday afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

cramp wrote: »
    just upgraded from 30mb to 100mb myself..

they told me it was 65 . i informed them it was 57+phone online..
    they put me through to loyalty line without asking!

They stung me for a 40euro fee for tech call out /equipment swap..(iam only with UPC BB just under a year) they wouldn't budge on this !!!

cramp

You need the tech for the 100Mb line, you can't install this yourself.
    From what Ive read here, its €20 for the modem for the 50Mb line as you can install it yourself.

Both are the same modem, but there's some stuff the tech will need to do to get the 100Mb working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

F1ngers wrote: »
    I know if I did that, they'd say go ahead.

This is where you tell them you want all the cables removed from going across your house when you cancel,hearing this they'll give you what you want,that's what i did.

Advertisement