Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 12mb/25mb/50mb/100mb BB confirmed.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Just off the phone from customer care.Would not put me through to loyalty dept
    unless it was to cancel account .Nice girl, but didn`t seem to kow much .So what to do now .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

rebeve wrote: »
    Just off the phone from customer care.Would not put me through to loyalty dept
    unless it was to cancel account .Nice girl, but didn`t seem to kow much .So what to do now .

Threaten to cancel account.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My Brother was just onto UPC about upgrading our package, he was told in no uncertain terms that there was no way he could change until he threatened to cancel his account :rolleyes:, then suddenly he's onto the loyalty department and they're being very accommodating.

Are UPC deliberately being awkward?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

phasers wrote: »
    Are UPC deliberately being awkward?
    are they ever not? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Was onto customer loyalty department and got it all done. Every other department says no and they say yes. They gave me no dates though just said that the courier company would be in touch to get a time so we could be in receipt of the new modem.

Is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Made an appointment for me there and then for a new modem. Being fitted on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

My Package: Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb, Digital Max, Digital+, Home Phone, Anytime World. 85 euro a month

New UPC Package: Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb, Digital Max, Digital+, Home Phone, Anytime World. 80 euro a month

What should I do ???? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

im on the 30mb one, what will happen to my connection??

Will it stay at 30mb if I do nothing?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

My Package: Fibre Power Broadband 20Mb, Digital Max, Digital+, Home Phone, Anytime World. 85 euro a month

New UPC Package: Fibre Power Broadband 50Mb, Digital Max, Digital+, Home Phone, Anytime World. 80 euro a month

What should I do ???? :(

Call them, ask to be upgraded, if they say no, then ask to be put onto the customer loyalty department.

Sitec wrote: »
    Will it stay at 30mb if I do nothing?

Yes, for the time being anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

They're data caps are my problem. I live in a house with 3 people who are all heavy data users even on a low month. They're 50mb line with only 250gb a month is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

We tried to get the 100mb broadband from UPC, but they couldn't give it to us, but the cost of the extra data a month on the 50mb line is massive more than the 100mb package is.

If it wasn't for those data caps I'd sign on instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Just off the phone with them. First girl I talked to thought I had to add a phone package unless I was a new customer. She put me on hold and I was bumped. I rang back and the guy I was talking to next knew the score. He said there was a 20 euro charge for the new modem, but when I pointed out it was free online he said he could waive that. And apparently there is free minutes included too. New modem will be sent out by courier tomorrow and is a self install.

So 2.5 times the bandwidth for an extra 6.50. Bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Yea I'm onto them on twitter. Customer care on phone were giving me nothing.

So 'Twitter' just rang me back! :eek: 50 Mb isn't available yet but he's moving me to the new 25MB pack @ €42 without charging the downgrade fee. Happy with that.

Was onto customer loyalty department and got it all done. Every other department says no and they say yes. They gave me no dates though just said that the courier company would be in touch to get a time so we could be in receipt of the new modem.

Is this normal?

I was told to expect a call in the morning from the courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 uberdruid

bk wrote: »
    UPC have just updated their site with the confirmed new packages, so I thought I'd start a new thread, as their is a lot of misinformation in the old thread.

Download - Upload - Cap - Price - Price with phone
    12Mb/s - 1.2Mb/s - 120GB - €25 - €32
    25Mb/s - 2.5Mb/s - 250GB - €35 - €42
    50Mb/s - 5.0Mb/s - 250GB - €45 - €47
    100Mb/s - 7.0Mb/s - 500GB - €65 - €57

[..]

They impose a data transfer allowance on their 100mbit customers? Are they serious? It's freakin 2011, everything is stored on the net and tons of HD audio/video content is streamed! Could you imagine the outrage if they all of the sudden would put caps on 100mbit lines in Europe or the US?! Would you accept a hard cap on your TV time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

clancger wrote: »
    I spoke with Sales earlier today before I read this thread and was told all of the new offers were only for new custs. I'm currently on 20MB BB and Phone
    After reading here I called the Loyalty Dept and while I was able to place the upgrade order to 50MB and phone which will cost a few Euro less, I was told it has to be an engineer install for 50MB

i have the 20mb and phone, so would it be better for me to go to 25mb or 50mb?

Skerries wrote: »
    i have the 20mb and phone, so would it be better for me to go to 25mb or 50mb?

25MB is an extra euro. 50MB is only an extra 6 euro. Took me about 30ms to decide. You need to ask for the phone though - it's more expensive without.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

1288357426.png

Sweet as a nut done in 5 mins, can't argue for an extra euro......I've no real need for anything greater than that if I'm honest

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

just called and upgraded to 50MB package, quick note to anyone wanting to upgrade, there is a €20 charge to get the new thompson modem and if u wanna go to 100 its 40 as they have to send a tech.

Was free for me, I've upgraded from 30 -50mb and they are sending the router/modem for free, no charge

€20 installation fee I was quoted this morning for the 100mb.....

So whats the craic are upc telling everyone different or is there more mis information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

What's the story for those on older packages though?

€75pm for:

10Mb "Express" broadband - upgraded a year ago free to 20Mb
    Digital+
    Value Pack
    Anytime World

Clearly I want the Max pack TV and fastest (100 if possible) broadband, but won't I lose because I'm already getting a better deal as a free upgraded customer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Vunderground

I had already ordered an upgrade from 30Mb to 50Mb before I came on boards and the penny dropped about the bundles. I'd assumed as I was already a customer that the better value option wouldn't be available to me. Doh!
    Anyway, I rang customer care and the nice guy there told me that my account is locked because of that order, but to ring them as soon as I get the modem (Wednesday I hope) and I can be moved to the €75 Fiber Power Ultimate bundle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Gonna give them ring later, looking to get switched to the new 'fibre power ultimate' bundle and add the extras. We already have:

TV - Digital Max with HD and Sky sports
    Multiroom with standard box
    Phone with Anytime World
    Broadband 25mb

I know I'll have to get onto the loyalty department to get it but will there be any problem changing the account to the new bundle i.e. provisioning or downtime? Has anyone else been onto them and got changed onto the new bundles (as an existing customer)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Gonna give them ring later, looking to get switched to the new 'fibre power ultimate' bundle and add the extras. We already have:

TV - Digital Max with HD and Sky sports
    Multiroom with standard box
    Phone with Anytime World
    Broadband 25mb

I know I'll have to get onto the loyalty department to get it but will there be any problem changing the account to the new bundle i.e. provisioning or downtime? Has anyone else been onto them and got changed onto the new bundles (as an existing customer)?

There should be no downtime. The loyalty department close at 5 by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I had no hassle upgrading to the 100Mb package as a current UPC customer.
    I got through to the Sales Department within two minutes and the staff were absolutely lovely and absolutely no hassle. Installation this Thurs :)

For what it matters I'm in Kilkenny City and 100Mb is available at my location :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

are those prices inclusive of vat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

it's great for all you people that can get it...

pity about the rest of us who live outside of towns served :( lets just hope that eirom cut prices now so those of us that are stuck with them can get price cuts on our crappy 3mb broadband packages that cost 30-40 euro a month.. :(

can't say how much i'm jealous of ye that can actually get UPC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 General Atomic

I'm on pearse street and was told that the 100Mb upgrade wasn't available here, bizarrely enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Just so everyone knows if you are going for the 100meg BB it is actually cheaper to take the phone then not.

100mb Standalone = 65+7.75= 72.75
    100mb with Phone = 57euro flat :P

are those prices inclusive of vat ?

Yes

I know it is unbelievable isn't it, great prices at last :)

Just a pity I can't get UPC in my apartment :(

All you lucky folks with 100mb BB and there is me stuck on 10mb BB in an apartment on a so called next generation broadband fibre to the basement setup not two miles from Dublin city center :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

yo bk seeing as ur in d know, what u think of the thompson router that upc r giving out with new 50 and 100 meg line. cisco was/is crap imho

Advertisement