Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

I see a Gerry and kate mcann have a new book out, and are appearing on the late late show to plug it next week. A good place for them to appear as they are probablly aware that Ryan Tubridy is a soft touch interviewer lacking the guile and skill to ask and pursue tough questions where they are merited . This is a couple who will do anything to court the media and muster public support to thier own gain. A couple who pass the blame on to everyone but themselves for the "abduction"(an abduction in which Columbo could not have solved because there is zero evidence of an abduction), not the fact that they left their children unattended while they wined and dined with friends, and now they have been given a prime time slot on RTE to plug their book and gain the love of the nation
    MADELEINE McCann’s parents Kate and Gerry are to appear on the Late Late Show for their first major Irish interview, the Herald can reveal.

Host Ryan Tubridy will be talking to the McCanns on Friday week as they continue their efforts to locate their missing daughter.

It is believed the interview is being timed to coincide with the publication of 43-year-old Kate’s book, entitled Madeleine, which hits the shelves next week.

The 384-page work is being released on May 12, Madeleine’s eighth birthday.

Kate and Gerry marked the fourth anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance with family and friends this week.

The book is their account of how the youngster vanished while on a family holiday in Portugal.

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing in Praia da Luz, Algarve, in May 2007.

The McCanns hope the publication of the book will prompt people holding vital information about what happened to come forward.

It was originally due out last week but publishers Transworld postponed the release to avoid a clash with the Royal Wedding.

The official Portuguese inquiry into Madeleine’s disappearance formally ceased in July 2008. However, private detectives employed by the McCanns have continued the search for the missing child.

Liverpool-born Kate’s mother Susan Healy said of the book: “Kate has to tell her story, even though it’s been the most terribly painful process over the last nine months.

“We just hope that something will come from the book. It’s something that may just force someone to come forward. It’s also an account for Madeleine and for the twins [six-year-old Sean and Amelie].”

Proceeds from the sales will also help boost their dwindling fund to search for their daughter.

The book, which Kate wrote without the aid of a ghost writer, has a recommended retail price of around €22 and is expected to become a best-seller.

Extracts will be serialised by newspapers from this weekend before the book is published.

A family friend described how Kate wrote through the day, while the couple’s twins were at school, and then returned to her study to write late into the evening after the children had gone to bed.

The McCanns hope sales of the book will raise more than £1m (€1.1m) for Madeleine’s fund.

The book’s launch will be accompanied by several television interviews, including the Late Late appearance.
    http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/friday-13th-may-mccanns-scheduled-to-appear-on-late-late-show/

The Portugese and British investigators didn't believe the Mcanns Story,Their conclusion was that the abduction scenario was impossible and that Madeline died by cause of accident in the appartment.

I have a couple of other questions Which Ryan could ask them?

Why Did the specially trained cadaver sniffer dogs, flown in from the Uk detect the presence of a dead body in your appartment , and in your rental car? Were those dogs lying?Were they incompetent fools like you made the portugese police out to be?

Why do you imply that the "Madeline Fund" is a charity, It is a private limited company? How much do you spend on your legal expenses ,
    , lawsuits against people trying to tarnish your brand name, and on your own personal expenses?

Why didn't you answer the 48 police questions asked you by the police, they seemed like pretty reasonable and straight forward questions ?I can;t spot any trick questions

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/48-Questions-Kate-McCann-Faced-from-Portugese-Police/Article/200808115070874

Some more questions

http://mccannexposure.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/the-madeleine-foundations-50-facts-leaflet/

This is most dangerous and predictable question(s) that the DLB will ask them, which will be pre rehearsed and executed with aplomb by team mcann

"What do you say to those people that say you might have something to do..../know what happened to Madeline...."

Cue emotion from Kate Mcann , and RTE camera zooming in our Gerrys hand squeezing hers , and so on

And Tubridy ending the interview with deep sorrow etched on his face, wishing them well and every success in the future, and how he can't imagine what they are going through etc

http://www.mysmiley.net/freesmiley.php?smiley=sick/sick0006.gif

If they were not a well off couple and had not of whipped this into a media frenzy, this couple would have been rightfully behind bars to this day.

Do you think they should be given the platform to rally the compassion of the public, by being given an easy ride by Tubridy and prime time slot by RTE ,to plug their book and themselves and put forward a view which is contrary to Every police force involved in the case, man, woman and canine and I think that majority of people as well. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Is this like that OJ book where he wrote about how he would have done it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

In the likely event that the McCanns had nothing to do with their child's disappearance, I can't even imagine by how much their grief and pain must have been compounded by accusations of amateur sleuths and conspiracy theorists on the internet, safely ensconced in their own homes whilst casting the most vile slurs against a grieving couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i must let her out of the dungeon so we can watch it together so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

I thought the donations already received would have covered their mortgage by now ... ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Why isn't there a "sticking fingers down throat" smiley?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭BengaLover

Ryan will be briefed beforehand on what NOT to ask, so he wont ask the diffucult questions.

Einhard wrote: »
    In the likely event that the McCanns had nothing to do with their child's disappearance, I can't even imagine by how much their grief and pain must have been compounded by accusations of amateur sleuths and conspiracy theorists on the internet, safely ensconced in thie rown homes whilst casting the mst vile slurs against agrieving couple.
    I'm sure the money they'll make from their tell-all book will ease the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

well, she is the new hide and seek champion, since osama was found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I hope they get a babysitter this time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

22 yoyos? That's hardly a steal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Ugh still this ****. Talk about flogging a dead horse, or more aptly a dead child. There are a lot more important people who could go on the late late show i.e. people who have lost their child recently and not YEARS ago.

If the book was on bad parenting then I'd consider buying it if they wrote it themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Some Puerto Rican guy stole our daughter.

phasers wrote: »
    I'm sure the money they'll make from their tell-all book will ease the pain.

Don't be so bloody crass. We're talking about a couple who have lost their child in tragic circumstances. It never ceases to amaze me how all sensitivity and empathy are lost as soon as some people sit in front of their computer screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭end a eknny

even if they arent responsible for her death. they where definetly negligent to leave 2 children alone in an appartment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Why would anyone believe what this couple have to say? The story stinks.

Don't be so bloody crass. We're talking about a couple who have lost their child in tragic circumstances. It never ceases to amaze me how all sensitivity and empathy are lost as soon as some people sit in front of their computer screen.
    I'd say the same if I were standing in front of them. What they're doing is disgusting, they exploited their daughter's disappearance from day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

In the likely event that the McCanns had nothing to do with their child's disappearance, I can't even imagine by how much their grief and pain must have been compounded by accusations of amateur sleuths and conspiracy theorists on the internet, safely ensconced in their own homes whilst casting the most vile slurs against a grieving couple.

no matter what happened to maddie the mcCanns had something to do with her disappearance when they left a child alone while they went for dinner

They didn't lose her, they left her on her own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

tutbq4.jpg

this book?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

keyboard warriors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Title:

'How to turn bad parenting into a multimillion pound franchise'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I see RTE are also planning on having Derek Acorah on the same night as a guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Some Puerto Rican man stole our daughter.

No, it's called how to save on babysitters fee's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I see RTE are also planning on having Derek Acorah on the same night as a guest.

Him gibbering 'Maddie loves Dick' won't go down too well I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

everyone who's good at poker watch the interview and try spot the tells.. report back here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

oh good lord....

another lying gobshíte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

sxt wrote: »
    Why Did the specially trained cadaver sniffer dogs, flown in from the Uk detect the presence of a dead body in your appartment , and in your rental car?

Is this true? Source?

phasers wrote: »
    I'd say the same if I were standing in front of them. What they're doing is disgusting, they exploited their daughter's disappearance from day 1.

Do you have evidence that they have profited financially from her death? If so, I'll retract my words and join you in staying it to their face.

Otherwise, what we have is two parents seeking to raise as much money as possible in order to further the search for their midding child. The problem, it seems, is that they're not behaving as people expect them to behave, and adapting to the grieving parents stereotype. And, as is so often the case, guilt is implied when people fail to conform to expectations. Again, if you can show me that they have gained financially from her disappearance, I'll eat my words.
    m.j.w wrote: »
    no matter what happened to maddie the mcCanns had something to do with her disappearance when they left a child alone while they went for dinner
    TheZohan wrote: »
    They didn't lose her, they left her on her own.

Yeah, that's true. They were irresponsible in leaving their children alone. But how many of our parents had moments of irresponsibility in raising us? Just the other day, a thread was started in AH concerning a mother who left her child alone in the car as she popped into a shop. It happens all the time, to the best of parents, and it's entirely unfair to base an entire hudgement of character on one act.
    rarnes1 wrote: »
    keyboard warriors

Stupid phrase. What does it it even mean in this context?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

LOL. I like Derek. Good entertainment.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's true. They were irresponsible in leaving their children alone. But how many of our parents had moments of irresponsibility in raising us? Just the other day, a thread was started in AH concerning a mother who left her child alone in the car as she popped into a shop. It happens all the time, to the best of parents, and it's entirely unfair to base an entire hudgement of character on one act.

No, it doesn't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement