Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Was this tonight or next week?

next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I'm getting tired of repeating my points, but I'll do it one more time.....

Linbergh baby - abducted from his cot whilst his parents slept.

Azaria Chamberlain - taken from a tent whilst her parents were yards away eating barbeque

Jamie Bulger - abducted from outside the butchers shop where his mum was buying dinner

Sarah Payne - abducted from the field next to her grandparents house

So, yes, being near/ keeping an eye on your kids doesn't stop them from being abducted is exactly what I'm saying.

Get it now?
    yes but ffs,they were close to them.the mc canns fooked off over
    120yrds away,to have dinner and wine with friends.only lookin
    in on thier kids every15-30 mins,they were all under 5 yrs old!!!
    an left alone!in a fookin holiday resort.were you know fook all
    about others that are there.at home you will feel more safe.
    BUT YOU NEVER LEAVE KIDS UNDER 5 ALONE FOR THAT AMOUNT OF TIME.
    see what we are sayin?!

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Was this tonight or next week?
    next week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

bad2dabone wrote: »
    :eek:
    I don't have the words to express how stupid that statement is.

According to your theory "sure leave the kids in the apartment there, if they're gonna be abducted, they're gonna be abducted, makes no difference if I'm lookin after them or not"

utter idiocy.

You really can't comprehend my examples at all, can you?

Resort to personal insults and eye boggling smileys all you like, it doesn't take away from the fact you are blaming the wrong people in this story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I still stand by my (crazy) theory that they gave sedatives to them to help them sleep (they are doctors after all), and that Madeline died after having an adverse reaction, then freaked out and hid the body.

Hope I'm wrong btw, just my 2 cents

it'd certainly explain the cadaver dog reaction - i did think perhaps it was a tragic accident with madeleine. the parents return to find she somehow died and they knew they'd be in trouble and possibly lose the twins over it. if thats the case, it was terribly sad and you could even understand it in a way because theyd just lost their child and couldnt bear to have the twins taken away from them.

however thats speculation - a lot of people would loveto know what happened not just because the parents keep the story in the media but because that child has been in many hearts for some time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

jive wrote: »
    Ugh still this ****. Talk about flogging a dead horse, or more aptly a dead child. There are a lot more important people who could go on the late late show i.e. people who have lost their child recently and not YEARS ago

Well done, The most ignorant thing I've read in a while. Do you work for Fox news?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ayeboy

Dudess wrote: »
    Jesus Christ. She is their CHILD, not a ****ing wallet!!! :confused:
    And they are coming on tv here to promote a book to do what exactly? Make a load of dosh that's what. Playing the media and raking it in. Since day oneI always got the impression that their primary objective was making money and their seconary objective was getting their kid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

You really can't comprehend my examples at all, can you?

Resort to personal insults and eye boggling smileys all you like, it doesn't take away from the fact you are blaming the wrong people in this story.

You do know the linbergh bady story is highly disputed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Resort to personal insults and eye boggling smileys all you like,

what you said is eye bogglingly stupid. I can't put it any other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Fact: They were absolute idiots to leave their kids on their own that night.

Everything else is just guesswork, but considering that other children have vanished in the area then IMO anyone who thinks they actually killed their own child and dumped the body is a fúcking sick twisted cúnt with a pathetic hateful outlook on life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Where in the name of god would they HIDE their own child who , in your senario, they accidentily killed. They were in a foreign country with friends. Think they,(friends) might have suspicions. Plus didnt they take it in turns to go check r sumthing? Dont think they would have the time to do it plus they would have been in bits if that happened. Think it was an abduction for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Wow, I hope none of your family ever go missing only for you to lament the misappropriation of your precious TV licence.
    Hopefully, you'd just get over it too and relish your licence fee being spent on Fair City and Lucky Streak instead.

Its been over four years since this child has been missing.

In the US out of every 1000 children 18 go missing every year.

Surely it can be concluded that this girl is already dead.

My question is why are the parents getting national coverage in a country in which 1) They dont live in or relate to. 2) The child didn't go missing in. 3) Nobody in Ireland can do anything to help find the girl.

I know its just to gain further free publicity based on their new book as the article states but any other reason? I wouldn't think so.

Ive no sympathy for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

El Weirdo wrote: »
    In my defence, I haven't said that I think they definitely did it.
    Oh no I'm not saying that - I just mean in general.

It is certainly true they would be PILLORIED if they weren't educated, weren't in full-time employment etc. It is unfair that the parents of other children who have gone missing don't have the means to create awareness like the McCanns have. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't raise awareness and it is also unfair of people to make crass statements like they're only trying to make money from it, and that they've no sympathy for them. Wtf?! Their child is missing and people have no sympathy for them?! The worst thing about that is people are basically saying "Forget about the child" in order to punish her parents. That they'd actually advocate no further mention of a little kid who's missing in order to make a point. How low is that?!

I think leaving the children in the apartment without supervision was terribly irresponsible, irrespective of whether a child disappeared or not, but that doesn't justify calls for her to be forgotten about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Don't forget the 'ol blue eyes and blonde hair. Great selling point.

Are you referring to the child who is very probably dead? if so, are you utterly stupid?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    My question is why are the parents getting national coverage in a country in which 1) They dont live in or relate to. 2) The child didn't go missing in. 3) Nobody in Ireland can do anything to help find the girl.

1 ) They have connections in Ireland, they were visiting family the Easter holidays before the child went missing, in St Johnston Co Donegal
    2 ) How do you know the child isn't here?
    3 ) It will be fresh in peoples minds when they go on holidays this year.

I know if it were my child I would be doing the exact same thing as them

bad2dabone wrote: »
    what you said is eye bogglingly stupid. I can't put it any other way.

Think what you like, doesn't bother me in the slightest. All I ask is for anyone to look at the few examples I posted and then dispute the fact that children can be taken under any circumstances, without feeling the need to resort to childish insults and silly smileys.

Anyhow, we'll agree to disagree on this one. I firmly belive that parents such as the McCanns, the Chamberlains, The Collins, The Bulgers, the Lindberghs, the Paynes and all the other parents unfortunate enough to have to have had gone through the utter living hell of losing a child, shouldn't have to deal with the extra trauma of having strangers judging them on their parenting skills at a time of unimaginable pain.

God forbid the same fate should ever befall them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Are you referring to the child who is very probably dead? if so, are you utterly stupid?
    Excuse me?

laura. wrote: »
    From a 'mod' too ... you should be ashamed of yourself.

Never in my life have i read a more disgusting thread, lets hope all your perfect worlds never come crashing down. And another thing, if ye are all such fab parents maybe you shoud write an effin book.

DONE

+1. Some vile karma creeping around here tonight.

Dudess wrote: »
    Oh no I'm not saying that - I just mean in general.

It is certainly true they would be PILLORIED if they weren't educated, in full-time employment etc. It is unfair that the parents of other children who have gone missing don't have the means to create awareness like the McCanns have. But it is also unfair of people to make crass statements like they're only trying to make money from it, and that they've no sympathy for them. Wtf?! Their child is missing and people have no sympathy for them?! The worst thing about that is people are basically saying "Forget about the child" in order to punish her parents. That they'd actually advocate no further mention of a little kid who's missing in order to make a point. How low is that?!

I had sympathy for them maybe in the first week or so of the abduction. But not over four years later when they are still mourning their daughters absence.

The Mcann couple have become the quintessential 'Drama queens' and marketing experts since 2007. Even though they are both well off and could probably afford their own marketing budget to publish their case, They have been accumulating ridiculous wealth as a result of their incompetence and ultimately their FAILURE as parents! Why would anyone have sympathy for parents who abandon their child ALONE to galavanter off to get something to eat? In a foreign location with a high crime rate?

For the last time BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT ! Nobody cares anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I'll be missing for that

• Advertisement

Think what you like, doesn't bother me in the slightest. All I ask is for anyone to look at the few examples I posted and then dispute the fact that children can be taken under any circumstances, without feeling the need to resort to childish insults and silly smileys.

Anyhow, we'll agree to disagree on this one. I firmly belive that parents such as the McCanns, the Chamberlains, The Collins, The Bulgers, the Lindberghs, the Paynes and all the other parents unfortunate enough to have to have had gone through the utter living hell of losing a child, shouldn't have to deal with the extra trauma of having strangers judging them on their parenting skills at a time of unimaginable pain.

God forbid the same fate should ever befall them.
    agree but... how many of these familys went off and left thier kids alone,
    while they had a meal with thier friends??

Bertser wrote: »
    Have you not seen the famous Derek Acorah video or are you just incapable of taking a joke?

So exactly when is it ok to make jokes about dead kids here? After a day? 2 weeks? a year? if Seve or Garret die tonight and I log into their RIP thread to have a good laugh, will I be banned?

I had sympathy for them maybe in the first week or so of the abduction. But not over four years later when they are still mourning their daughters absence.

The Mcann couple have become the quintessential 'Drama queens' and marketing experts since 2007. Even though they are both well off and could probably afford their own marketing budget to publish their case, They have been accumulating ridiculous wealth as a result of their incompetence and ultimately their FAILURE as parents! Why would anyone have sympathy for parents who abandon their child ALONE to galavanter off to get something to eat? In a foreign location with a high crime rate?

How long do you think they should take to mourn then?

If it were your child, would you stop mourning after a week or two, or would you dedicate your life to finding them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Yeah, for fecks sake... 4 years! You'd imagine they'd have forgotten about it. :rolleyes:

You're either an under bridge dweller or an under rock dweller.

I still care, about what happened to the child and I always will. I still look around in supermarket queues at children of the appropriate age and sex and check their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

So exactly when is it ok to make jokes about dead kids here? After a day? 2 weeks? a year? if Seve or Garret die tonight and I log into their RIP thread to have a good laugh, will I be banned?
    Excuse me?
    Are you going to elaborate?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

I had sympathy for them maybe in the first week or so of the abduction. But not over four years later when they are still mourning their daughters absence

How long do you think is an acceptable amount of time to mourn your child?

Get over it???? says the man person complaining about a tv licence

Are you going to elaborate?

I think I am speaking de eenglish. What didn't you get?

deco nate wrote: »
    agree but... how many of these familys went off and left thier kids alone,
    while they had a meal with thier friends??

They all left their kids alone at some point - hence why they were snatched.

The meal was with other families they were holidaying with, all of whom left their kids in the same position. The McCanns happened to be the poor ba5tards who lost their precious child to an abductor. Could have happened to any of the others that night.

Look, I'm not saying they are entirely without blame, but how many parents of abducted children wish they had acted differently? It's all well and good to admonish them for Madeline's disappearance, but there is no way in hell they ever imagined that their child would be taken in the short period they were left unattended whilst they had that meal. Blaming them entirlely is wrong, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Alright, you've posted some examples where kids were snatched despite the apparent close attention of adults. You've then moved on to state that
    yes, being near/ keeping an eye on your kids doesn't stop them from being abducted is exactly what I'm saying in order to defend your position on the mccanns "parenting skills".
    one wonders how many potential child abductors were prevented from snatching children because their parents were near. Or indeed keeping an eye on them. Despite your insistence that keeping an eye on the kids doesn't stop them being abducted, I think you'll find in the case of Madeline McCann if her parents had kept and eye on her instead of being out for dinner, out of sight and at least 60 seconds walk away she wouldn't have been taken in the first place. I think that being near your kids and looking after them removes the window of opportunity in the vast vast majority of cases that an abductor would require. I disagree entirely with your conclusion that being near/ keeping an eye on your kids doesn't stop them from being abducted. In the examples you've given there were certain acts of lesser negligence than the mccann case, Jamie Bulger was 2 years old, I wouldn't let a 2 year old out of my sight in a busy shopping mall. The linbergh baby case is disputed. Azaria Chamberlain was taken by an animal, not a predatory human and i'll agree it was a tragedy. Sarah Payne was 9 years old, and there's a huge difference between allowing a 9 year old to play outside her grandparents house and leaving a 3 year old and twin 2 year olds alone in an unlocked ground floor apartment in a foreign country when they well could have afforded a babysitter to look after them.

No matter what way you cut it, the McCanns were grossly negligent in their responsibilities towards their children. They allowed some sick ****er easy access to her by their disregard for basic parenting duties. You're attempting to absolve them of blame, when in this case they deserve no such absolution.

I can understand your sympathy for them, i wouldn't wish what they've gone through on anyone. But they've failed madeline and she's the one who suffered the most.

And of course, of course looking after your kids prevents kidnapping.

• Advertisement

I still care, about what happened to the child and I always will. I still look around in supermarket queues at children of the appropriate age and sex and check their eyes.

Thats acutally one of the most absurb things ive heard from someone all year! :rolleyes: Get a grip mate!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement