Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options
1129130131132133135»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I am sad to say the more of the Mccann files I read the more bizzare I find their behaviour. At best they are narcisstic, as pat brown has observed. Seriously is there any parent here who could contemplate going out jogging whilst a worldwide search is been carried out for their daughter. Not only that, they didnt take part in the search and appeared to take a lot of care with their appearances. Every day they were so well turned out. It doesnt appear to have been a case of jumping out of bed and throwing on the first thing to hand more like a lot of time was spent on looking their best. Surely every second should have been spent searching for their daughter?
    At worst I fear for the safety of their other children, if they have been capable of covering up the manslaughter of their daughter disposing her body and staging a huge cover up then they are capable of anything. I really hope that is not the case, but the more I read and the more pics and vids I see the more odd it all appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

lugha wrote: »
    You do not need to appeal to the public to try and find a body! If someone finds a body they will report it whether there is an appeal or not.*

Yes the police should keep an open mind and in private it is rational that the parents do likewise. But for a public appeal you want as many as possible to think she can be found. It might make the difference between someone giving a child a second a glance or not.*

)

really , so why all the appeal when people go missing to look in sheds , outhouses etc etc etc .In fact that statement of yours makes no sense at all .
    Firstly she not have been dead , simply wandered and secondly appeals are made all the time for kids who wander off . I did mention people looking for a lost little girl not a dead body .

Also earlier on you dismissed my post about how Madeleine could have wondered off as ridiculous , yet you yourself had posted the self same theory not long ago , can you explain your sudden change of opinion .From it being a theory of yours to ridiculing anyone who thought it? I would be interested what happened in the few days to make you do a sudden about turn ?
    The post was about the Mc Canns dismissing other option and wandering off and been taken is another option . It cant be dismissed unless you no more than the rest of us .Madeleine could well have wanderd out and been snatched by an oportunistic person and simply was in the wrong place at the wrong time .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Are the McCanns not allowed to smile and laugh now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

I am sad to say the more of the Mccann files I read the more bizzare I find their behaviour. At best they are narcisstic, as pat brown has observed. Seriously is there any parent here who could contemplate going out jogging whilst a worldwide search is been carried out for their daughter. Not only that, they didnt take part in the search and appeared to take a lot of care with their appearances. Every day they were so well turned out. It doesnt appear to have been a case of jumping out of bed and throwing on the first thing to hand more like a lot of time was spent on looking their best. Surely every second should have been spent searching for their daughter?
    At worst I fear for the safety of their other children, if they have been capable of covering up the manslaughter of their daughter disposing her body and staging a huge cover up then they are capable of anything. I really hope that is not the case, but the more I read and the more pics and vids I see the more odd it all appears.

Are you saying you think they are abusing Sean and Amelie?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,111 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

lugha wrote: »
    I suggest you read it again. Pay particular attention to the bit where I say the McCanns found her. Ie it is a scenario where the McCanns are guilty not one where Madeleine wandered off and her body not recovered.
    What about wandering off and being snatched ,.Should that at very least not be given some thoght and not dismissed out of hand as a complete NO it didnt happen ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I think Audrey posted a couple of quotes from Kate's book there a while back explaining the jogging aspect. It's not something I would do, but there again, by all accounts, the McCanns are very sporty people and may have found jogging a cathartic way to take out their anxiety instead of merely waiting around for news. I think (although I can't be sure) they mentioned searching certain local places whilst out jogging.

As for the appearance aspect - well, the fact they wore nice clothes is hardly a fair indictment of them. They were fairly well off and would probably have nice clothes! Also, I don't think Kate looked well at all during that period. She looked gaunt, pale and fragile to me. A shadow of herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    I agree. Everybody posting here should have a look at this very typical and current thread from MM.Full of facts, so it is
    http://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/t15691-mccanns-promote-book-in-belgium-and-holland
    Theres a real in-depth analytical discussion of this tragic case going on here, so there is.
    the fact that the posters who claim to have Madeleines best interest at heart are savagely tearing her mothers appearance to shreds like the evil bitter fishwives that they are should be overlooked in favour of, well...i cant think of anything at the moment...but Im sure maebee, who has almost 1000 posts there to date, will jump in any minute to defend them....

Attatck the post, not the poster please.
    Do NOT drag other forums into this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I think Audrey posted a couple of quotes from Kate's book there a while back explaining the jogging aspect. It's not something I would do, but there again, by all accounts, the McCanns are very sporty people and may have found jogging a cathartic way to take out their anxiety instead of merely waiting around for news. I think (although I can't be sure) they mentioned searching certain local places whilst out jogging.

If I remember correctly, Audrey quoted the book as saying she was punishing herself by jogging. The searching bit was mentioned in places too.

But at the time, they explained it as "Kate enjoys jogging" (or something very close). This was only seventeen days after she went missing. They also posted the time it took to do the jog. Doesn't sound like they done much searching. Or maybe they stopped the clock while having a quick search? :pac:

On that considerably long blog post, they mention the word Madeleine just once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Are you saying you think they are abusing Sean and Amelie?
    No, theres no way I could know that. What I am saying is that in the senario that Madeline was abducted, they did not appear to make any of their kids their priority. They chose to go out jogging, spent time getting themselves ready, rather than spending every waking moment looking for their missing daughter, and protecting their other children. Seriously do you not admit their parenting skills are severely lacking? Now lets just contemplate the senario where they are responsible for Madelines death and the subsequent coverup, then yes I would gravely fear for Sean and Amelies safety.
    Audrey, I get why you cant contemplate that they may have been responsible, I too find it hard to believe but I equally find their behaviour so hard to understand, starting from before Madeline went missing, when they choose to leave their kids alone and at risk.
    I get that people behave differently under different circumstances, but the Mccanns appear to behave different from your normal parent in ALL circumstances. 1, they leave their kids alone at night, every night in a strange country so they can go out with friends. 2 they dont take part in the search for their missing daughter. 3 the mum says she is able to sleep normally 5 days after her daughter goes missing:eek:. 4 they dont appear grief stricken, ever at any point in the 4 years since she has been gone. 5 They left their other kids in creches/kids clubs after the disapperance. 6 They left these children in the same town while they flew off to a different country to meet the pope. 6 Kate washed away the scent of her daughter from her fav tou. 7 everyday they well so well turned out, surely they had more important things to be doing than looking after their appearance? 8 they made time to go jogging in the days that followed their daughters dissapperance. The list goes on any one of these things would be hard understood but all of them is downright strange, however it doesnt make them guilty of anything other than neglect, but it shows that they have rather unusual parenting skills.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This thread has now crossed the line to CT. Repeated requests to not make it personal have been ignored.
    For further discussion of ins / outs please take it to CT.
    We are now done with this topic in after hours.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement