Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry and Kate Mcann promoting Book on Late Late next week

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Innocent until proven guilty just isn't as much fun I suppose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

to be fair, there is one possible explaination for them staying in the limelight. them hoping for a miraculous ending like the natasha kamputsch story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

deco nate wrote: »
    but they were thier,not a 120 yrds away havin a meal and beers.

How did that stop any of them them being abducted exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Whats the general concensus though AH? do people believe she is still alive or dead?

I personally think she is not alive anymore regardless of how it did happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

How much more free publicity are these people going to get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Do other families of missing children get that much exposure? No? Well they should bloody well be trying to.
    Do you really think they get the chance? Like I said earlier, blue-eyed, blonde-haired child of nice, middle-class doctors.

Doesn't sell red tops, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

BengaLover wrote: »
    Ryan will be briefed beforehand on what NOT to ask, so he wont ask the diffucult questions.

Are the McCann's Fianna Failer's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Nobody agrees that was a good idea (for the record, I think simplifying it to make it look like they were simply out on the p!ss is a gross misrepresantation of their actions that night...), but the amount of vitriol directed at the McCanns is misplaced, imo.

They made a mistake, yes. However, the person or persons who took Madeline are to blame, not her parents. All parents of missing children could be held culpable for their actions, but let's not lose sight of the fact that someone was clearly watching and decided to steal a child that night.

As far as I'm concerned, they are the ones I hold culpable, not merely the McCanns themselves.

you can dress it up anyway you like they went for a meal and a drink and left their children alone in a room unsupervised.

we Don't know if anyone took Madeline.

As far as I'm concerned the parents are to blame for not protecting Madeline.

I will admit I though from day one they were responsible and I still think that.

I have never felt sorry for the parents only for Madeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

so being near/ keeping an eye on your kids doesn't stop them from being abducted???

Is that actually what you're saying? because if its not i fail to see why you made the quoted post.

Victoria Climbié - black, working-class child. That cynicism is uncalled for IMO. Anyone would maximise awareness if they have the means.

• Advertisement

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    How much more free publicity are these people going to get?

As much as they need, hopefully.

They deserve the free publicity more than Jordan, Cheryl Cole or Will & Kate do anyway.

theboss80 wrote: »
    Whats the general concensus though AH? do people believe she is still alive or dead?

I hope she's not alive. If she is she has no doubt gone through unimaginable trauma

Dudess wrote: »
    Victoria Climbié - black, working-class child. That cynicism is uncalled for IMO. Anyone would maximise awareness if they have the means.
    Bit different, but fair enough. Point taken.

But would the McCanns had as much support if they were track-suited Sharon and Darren who popped across the road for a couple of drinks whilst leaving their kids unsupervised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

So much anger on this thread directed at the Mccanns and their book.
    I hope my sequel "Maddie McCann and the Half Blood prints" will be better received.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

they were stayin in an apartment block not thier own homes line of
    sight,really you dont leave kids of that age alone.if you are campin
    an you are only a few yrds a way you will hear anything that happens.
    apartment block plus 120 yrds and only lookin in on them every
    15-30 mins= bad parents.no mater if they are doctors or from
    a run down area.cant unerstand how they did not get done
    for neglect at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭sxt

Dan133269 wrote: »
    Is this true? Source?

Here is video footage of the cadaver dog getting the scent of a cadaver in The mcanns appartment number 5A, their car, and clothes. The first dog was a cadvaer dog and scents for a cadaver and nothing else and the last dog was a bloodhound which scents the presence of blood and nothing else. The cadaver dog searched all the nearby appartments, cars and all of the friends of the mcanns appartments,their cars,the Murat households who were intial suspects etc.

The carpark was filled with dozens of cars, there was dozens of items of clothing in the room . The Cadaver dog detected the scent in the mcanns appartment, their clothing, and in their car and no where else .These Dogs are trained to do one thing, they do not lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

theboss80 wrote: »

Haven't got a clue, to be honest. You could apply Occam's razor to this case, like any other case, and come to your own conclusion; i find this case too depressing to get involved in a on-line debate such as seen in this thread, though, when i ultimately, like everyone else commenting here, have no real idea what actually happened.

As much as they need, hopefully.

They deserve the free publicity more than Jordan, Cheryl Cole or Will & Kate do anyway.

No they dont, they dont deserve anything. I dont want to be paying my bloody tv licence to see these incompetent, profiteering and yet utterly ANNOYING parents on TV next week. Both of them are all-ready well off as doctors, and yet they will continue to speculate on methods to gain more finance for their special fund.

Would they ever build a bridge and GET OVER IT! SHES GONE!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    c???

Is that actually what you're saying? because if its not i fail to see why you made the quoted post.

I'm getting tired of repeating my points, but I'll do it one more time.....

Linbergh baby - abducted from his cot whilst his parents slept.

Azaria Chamberlain - taken from a tent whilst her parents were yards away eating barbeque

Jamie Bulger - abducted from outside the butchers shop where his mum was buying dinner

Sarah Payne - abducted from the field next to her grandparents house

So, yes, being near/ keeping an eye on your kids doesn't stop them from being abducted is exactly what I'm saying.

Get it now?

El Weirdo wrote: »
    But would the McCanns had as much support if they were track-suited Sharon and Darren who popped across the road for a couple of drinks whilst leaving their kids unsupervised?
    Oh I agree the prejudice towards them if they were working-class would be abysmal all together, but you can't blame the McCanns themselves for that. What they did (if as simple as just leaving the children) is mind-boggling, but the "They definitely did it" stuff pisses me off - it's literally just people enjoying the soap opera-esque drama of it all.

I'd assume parents usually don't leave their young children unsupervised primarily because of concerns like the child getting ill, hurting themselves, etc - the last thing I'd say that would enter a parent's mind is the danger that the child will be snatched. It's not a regular occurrence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

I cant help but wonder if people would have the same amount of sympathy/understanding for the McCanns if they were a twenty year old couple on the dole, who had left their kids alone in a council house on a dodgy estate while they went to round to their friends to drink some cans of dutch gold. if they wore sovereign rings and tracksuits it'd be a whole different story. there would be outrage and they'd be called the scum of the earth.and to bring a book out about it afterwards?? they'd be vilified!

but because they were a middle class family on holiday in a nice area its somehow ok and they're absolved of all responsibility? i dont understand it at all...

Haha- El Weirdo, great minds and all that! :D

No they dont, they dont deserve anything. I dont want to be paying my bloody tv licence to see these incompetent, profiteering and yet utterly ANNOYING parents on TV next week. Both of them are all-ready well off as doctors, and yet they will continue to speculate on methods to gain more finance for their special fund.

Jesus Christ. She is their CHILD, not a ****ing wallet!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I still stand by my (crazy) theory that they gave sedatives to them to help them sleep (they are doctors after all), and that Madeline died after having an adverse reaction, then freaked out and hid the body.

Hope I'm wrong btw, just my 2 cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Azaria Chamberlain - taken from a tent whilst her parents were yards away eating barbeque

Jamie Bulger - abducted from outside the butchers shop where his mum was buying dinner

So, yes, being near/ keeping an eye on your kids doesn't stop them from being abducted is exactly what I'm saying.

Get it now?

The mccann's made a conscious decision to leave their children alone in a room, not forgetting one of them was sick that day. These are two Doctors who should know better.

Get it now?

:eek:
    I don't have the words to express how stupid that statement is.

According to your theory "sure leave the kids in the apartment there, if they're gonna be abducted, they're gonna be abducted, makes no difference if I'm lookin after them or not"

utter idiocy.

Wow, I hope none of your family ever go missing only for you to lament the misappropriation of your precious TV licence.
    Hopefully, you'd just get over it too and relish your licence fee being spent on Fair City and Lucky Streak instead.

I still stand by my (crazy) theory that they gave sedatives to them to help them sleep (they are doctors after all), and that Madeline died after having an adverse reaction, then freaked out and hid the body.

Hope I'm wrong btw, just my 2 cents

It wouldn't surprise me if it was the case.

Why wouldn't it surprise you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Was this tonight or next week?

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote: »
    ...but the "They definitely did it" stuff pisses me off - it's literally just people enjoying the soap opera-esque drama of it all.
    In my defence, I haven't said that I think they definitely did it. That's not to say that I don't have my suspicions.

What I am sure of though is that they certainly didn't protect their child like they should have done and it really sticks in the craw that they get all this attention when there are many other parents who through absolutely no fault of their own are going through the same thing but receive next to no publicity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement