Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

I still don't understand how everyone's going to fit into one room.
    +All the setups etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Dwydwy wrote: »
    +All the setups etc.
    tgbio.png
    SCIENCE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Dwydwy wrote: »
    +All the setups etc.

Its ok, you don't need to understand, you just need to show up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

site updated with video

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Two weeks to get prepared and motivated for this major tournament. Some tips courtesy of Gootecks and Mike Ross :)

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Lads, quick question. My xbox died (again) and I am not getting another one. I am playing on PS3 now and I like the pad. What happens when two pad players come up against each other and one uses the xbox pad and one uses the ps3 pad. Are there any converters at the tourneys or should I get my own? Are there any lag with converters?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

eco2live wrote: »
    Lads, quick question. My xbox died (again) and I am not getting another one. I am playing on PS3 now and I like the pad. What happens when two pad players come up against each other and one uses the xbox pad and one uses the ps3 pad. Are there any converters at the tourneys or should I get my own? Are there any lag with converters?

Hound's the guy you need to ask, he uses a PS3 pad with a converter. i know in the past there were lag issues, but I've never heard him complain about his current one.

You need to buy your own one though, you can't rely on others to bring one along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

eco2live wrote: »

Had a quick look on SRK and apparently these are good;

http://www.eachgame.com/goods-2797.html

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Kanped wrote: »
    Had a quick look on SRK and apparently these are good;

http://www.eachgame.com/goods-2797.html
    Thats the converter I use. Its very good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Hound wrote: »
    Thats the converter I use. Its very good

Did you say it also works in the other direction? Wired 360 pad to PS3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Hey, looking forward to the tourney, even though i'll probably get cleaned out of it. Be warned, Voa is bringing an army of newbies... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7nationsoldier

Hey, looking forward to the tourney, even though i'll probably get cleaned out of it. Be warned, Voa is bringing an army of newbies... :p

but we're the good newbies, that win :)

Were you the guys and girl at casuals today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7nationsoldier

yup, we might be there on saturday too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

There was only one guy, and he left before you came in, Doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Did you say it also works in the other direction? Wired 360 pad to PS3?
    No, Its just to work PS3/PS2 pads on XBOX 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I have a 360 to ps3 convertor, works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Coming up from cork for this and may have some time to burn waiting for a train Sunday. Is the XGC open Sundays?

EDIT: It's grand found the opening hours

Voa wrote: »
    There was only one guy, and he left before you came in, Doom.

Ah ok, other people I wasn't so familiar with then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Not sure if I'm registered for this or not, should hopefully be, I'll turn up and give it a shot at the BB Tournament. Gotta get cracking on learning Stick and CS2 Ragna though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I know from the look of this that ssf4 and mvc3 is gonna be hype. I'm trying to get more people to come to play blazblue, but its kinda hard when its 12 month xbox subscription fee 1st prize only, and the entree for blazblue is like 15 euro ( well 10 euro for the game and 5 for going in I think)??? and most of the player don't own a xbox like.

Is it possible to change it to just splitting the pot for 1st 2nd and 3rd?

I know its the ssf4 tourney so its all about ssf4 like. So i can understand if you can't change it like. Just wanted to put this suggestion up that all.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Whoa. The prize for BB is 12 months of XBL? But the tournaments run on PS3, so it's likely most of the contenders might not even own a 360. I do own one personally, but I think Chuey is right, it would be better to split the pot for the prize. :o

Didn't read or know it was a fiver more expensive than usual to enter. Still gonna try check it out if I can, but if it is, surely it'd make more sense to split the pot or get a different prize, rather than give a year of Xbox Live for a Tournament run on PS3? Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

The entry fees are going towards paying the expenses of getting someone to Evo as far as I know lads, I doubt splitting the pot is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I'm sure plenty of people would pay 40-50(or so)notes for that. No big deal.....

I would happily pay 100 or so for a chun li stick, I need a new one as I've already busted my original fight stick, my TE2 and my TE Super edition....and basically want a different looking one.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Perhaps reduce the price of BB entry, it's likely going to be the smallest tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

i'll let you know im not entering BB. focusing on mvc3 for a delicious stick. BB prize is awkward. most play BB on ps3 and xbox live bb is slooooow. also bb and mvc3 is being ran at the same time so i doubt i'd like to be back and forth between both

other news i just realised i've been booked for work on the 18th. just sent a mail now asking if i can have the day off and work the 19th instead

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Perhaps reduce the price of BB entry, it's likely going to be the smallest tournament.

might not even be a tourney :p
    SirAuronDX wrote: »
    focusing on mvc3 for a delicious stick. BB prize is awkward. most play BB on ps3 and xbox live bb is slooooow

Lol now I don't have to deal with valk anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

Why is Mortal Kombat a single elimination tournament? I'd have thought with it being a new game there would be enough players to hold a double elimination tournament..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The focus is SSFIV, our scene's corner stone. (built on the back of 3rd strike mind)

MvC 3 is the newcommer that can, as Mike Ross says, utterly noob friendly, and has proven popular and relatively accessable.

BB, was the dedicated second string game, devoted players but some rot's started to set in, primarily due to always (bar the last two weeks) being months behind the arcade and partially from MvC3 stealing it's annoyingly long combo thunder.

Tekken is the game with the unusually small scene, disorganised and chaotic, ignored by the 2d fighter players, it's players have recently started to organise and attempt to grow their scene, with regular casuals and regular tournaments.

MK9; the newest addition, still not sure if it is tournament worthy, treated with a mix of suspicion and derision by all. Hounds likes it though. it's the final inclusion and it's hard to judge where it's scene is at currently, it also has massive tournament delaying problems due to its button select, another consideration.

Welcome to the forum, you will be the first person I am aware of who signed up due to MK9, get stuck in, grow your game, join us and have a good time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Top news story on SRK. Nice job on the promotion lads!

evoq.jpg

Advertisement