Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Wasn't so hard. :)

Was on the iphone when I posted - it becomes more difficult then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

I think the winner should be allowed to choose what he does with the prize if he can`t go, for example, if azza wins and can`t make it to evo, he should be allowed to sell his prize. At least that way he walks away with a few pound and somebody still goes evo, that way everybody is happy.

chunkis wrote: »
    I think the winner should be allowed to choose what he does with the prize if he can`t go, for example, if azza wins and can`t make it to evo, he should be allowed to sell his prize. At least that way he walks away with a few pound and somebody still goes evo, that way everybody is happy.
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    The SSF4 prize will be allocated as following:
    The top 8 for the SSF4 tournament will all have until 22nd June to email me about whether or not they can make it to EVO in Vegas. (Remember, there are people who work, study, cannot afford etc) This will allow each of the top 8 to see if they can make the necessary arrangements to go. I will then, starting at 1st and working my way down in order, give the prize to the person who placed highest and who has confirmed that they can go. If I have no received an email from someone before midnight on the 22nd June, they will forfeit their option. In the unlikely event that all of the top 8 cannot go, it will goto the people from 9th-16th. Each placing will determine the preference as above. Rinse and repeat until we have a traveler.

This is how the prize will be awarded. I appreciate your input Chunkis but this is how it has been set and it is how it will be. I think its a fair way of the tournament sending the highest ranked player and not that determination being dependent on how much money someone has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

that would be so messy

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Well, that's the difference between a competition with a prize and a qualifier. It's a satelite tournement which 'qualifies' you to go to Evo on behalf of Ireland; if you bought the prize, you didn't nescessarily qualify i.e. you are not qualified to go. Kinda sucks for someone who wins and can't go, though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Well if you're so smart why don't you run it then chunki-

Actually, no, never mind :P

Kanped wrote: »
    Well, that's the difference between a competition with a prize and a qualifier. It's a satelite tournement which 'qualifies' you to go to Evo on behalf of Ireland; if you bought the prize, you didn't nescessarily qualify i.e. you are not qualified to go. Kinda sucks for someone who wins and can't go, though.

If you're playing in this tournament and you can't go, you're already doing it for the good of the fighting game community or some other reason.

I am reasonably sure with neo Guile I am not placing anywhere near top 8 in this, but I'm still gonna throw my hat in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Harsh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Straight up: If that was to happen, there would be no way I would take part or even show up.

Straight up: If that was to happen, there would be no way I would take part or even show up.

Dont worry, it ain't happening. I think the way we have set it up is fair, transparent, and will result in the best available player attending, representing Ireland @ EVO.

• Advertisement

Oh don't worry I know, just hammering home the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

It says in the time table that registration for the games is on at 10.15. Does this mean we have to be there at that specific time to register or does registration go on for a bit?

Some of us will be coming up from limerick and cork etc and it might be a little after when we actually get to the venue, and thats leaving at about 7/8am-ish due to switching trains etc etc.

Robbknoll wrote: »
    It says in the time table that registration for the games is on at 10.15. Does this mean we have to be there at that specific time to register or does registration go on for a bit?

Some of us will be coming up from limerick and cork etc and it might be a little after when we actually get to the venue, and that's leaving at about 7/8am-ish due to switching trains etc etc.

Regsitration will start at 10.15. MVC and BB will take preference as they start at 10.30am.... Yes, that 10.30 in the morning..... :p

I will have registrations for SSF4 running at the same time but it will run up until 11.30. The Tourney starts at 12.00/12.30 - keeping it flexible to cater for late comers but the cut off will be when we start the forming the groups.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Robbknoll wrote: »

Some of us will be coming up from limerick and cork etc and it might be a little after when we actually get to the venue, and thats leaving at about 7/8am-ish due to switching trains etc etc.

Rob, how ye getting up to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Just signed up for this, fu centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Crap, MK on Xbox. Me a pad player and only played that on ps3, got to get used to the analog stick for this now. Really looking forward to this now next week. Got Friday night off work so I could make it to this on Saturday. More than likely going out in every game first round but hell its the experience that counts right. . . . . .

Since it's likely the place will be packed, that there will be more heat generating equipment in there than ever before and to complete the trinity the sun may even be shining...

Can we all make sure we have a nice long soapy shower the night before/ the morning of the event? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

PFFFT, I like my venues to smell MANLY, anyone who smells of fruity shampoo or shower gel will be shunned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Since it's likely the place will be packed, that there will be more heat generating equipment in there than ever before and to complete the trinity the sun may even be shining...

Can we all make sure we have a nice long soapy shower the night before/ the morning of the event? ;)

I second this request!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Seems like due to q con the week after evo. Many people for blazblue has droped out, so it might be a good idea to cancel it (to make other things run smoother) I'll come in at 10 30 with both consoles anyway to help out.

But just to let you know blazblue, many back out to save money for the con.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i just realized i'll be at body and soul for this.
    Should have picked a date when there were no other major events on in the country :pac::pac::pac:

Placebo wrote: »
    i just realized i'll be at body and soul for this.
    Should have picked a date when there were no other major events on in the country :pac::pac::pac:

It's ok to admit you'll be at the pride parade, dude.

He's just running scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

chueytoo wrote: »
    Seems like due to q con the week after evo. Many people for blazblue has droped out, so it might be a good idea to cancel it (to make other things run smoother) I'll come in at 10 30 with both consoles anyway to help out.

But just to let you know blazblue, many back out to save money for the con.

Silly Joe book them and they will come:). Alternatively if nobody shows I will do the proest thing of all and claim I am the best at BB due to lack of competition:D

Seriously tho if it gets cancelled could somebody let me know through pm or even in this thread I could spend my time fighting crime or leading my playboy millionaire lifestyle instead ;)

Silly Joe book them and they will come:). Alternatively if nobody shows I will do the proest thing of all and claim I am the best at BB due to lack of competition:D

Seriously tho if it gets cancelled could somebody let me know through pm or even in this thread I could spend my time fighting crime or leading my playboy millionaire lifestyle instead ;)

I am not canceling any tournament. I will operate a system whereby its on and if we get a minimum of 8 people playing - which I think we will, then it goes ahead, starting at the 1/4 finals. Fair enough? Easy XBL subscription for those who think they can beat Joe et al.

80 odd registered..... GET HYPE

Snippty...not to sure you should be posting people's real names up here.

Doom

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

The MvC tourney is gonna go something like this.

ayjayirl wrote: »
    80 odd registered..... GET HYPE

Snippty...not to sure you should be posting people's real names up here.

Doom

Fair nuff - Take 2. 80 odd registered..... GET HYPE

evolist-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Dunno what you were trying to do, but you still posted a big list of private information. Don't make me get comreg after you :P

Advertisement