Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/02/june-18th-irish-evo-qualifier/

Fake Roogle's got a fan in the comments there and everything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GREAT ****IN work lads ! my websites on SRK. Class !
    i sent it to EventHubs, they obviously ignored it. Bastids !

lol at one of the comments!
    3d2dcbda6f964906a52b632.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Placebo wrote: »
    GREAT ****IN work
    my websites on SRK. Doom's video's on SRK. Class !
    i sent it to EventHubs to post, they obviously didnt. Bastids !

FYP :)

Nah actually, happy days one and all.

Check out the hyper racist comments, wouldn't want to be sensitive :D

EDIT: Six brand new subs on youtube this morning. 200 views. We should get on SRK more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

This is liquid awesome.

TurboTaco wrote: »
    Why is Mortal Kombat a single elimination tournament? I'd have thought with it being a new game there would be enough players to hold a double elimination tournament..

This is due to both time and space constraints. We would love to have all tourneys with groups and double elim but its just not possible with the venue and the time we will have. MK9 and BB will start a little later in the day (i.e. not 10.30am like the others) so you should be warmed up somewhat.

Sorry about that, like I said, Einstein's theory of space time just wont allow it.

thanks,
    Aj

• Advertisement

chueytoo wrote: »
    I know from the look of this that ssf4 and mvc3 is gonna be hype. I'm trying to get more people to come to play blazblue, but its kinda hard when its 12 month xbox subscription fee 1st prize only, and the entree for blazblue is like 15 euro ( well 10 euro for the game and 5 for going in I think)??? and most of the player don't own a xbox like.

Is it possible to change it to just splitting the pot for 1st 2nd and 3rd?

I know its the ssf4 tourney so its all about ssf4 like. So i can understand if you can't change it like. Just wanted to put this suggestion up that all.

Hey Chuey,

I know what you are saying but its all we can do. This whole event is a fundraiser for sending the winner of SF to evo and as such there will be no cash prizes on the day.

If only PSN charged for their service........ Suppose they are 'paying' for that decision now :p

Thanks,
    Aj

Ken B wrote: »
    I'm sure plenty of people would pay 40-50(or so)notes for that. No big deal.....

I would happily pay 100 or so for a chun li stick, I need a new one as I've already busted my original fight stick, my TE2 and my TE Super edition....and basically want a different looking one.

:o

Game on so...... hows your MVC 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Game on so...... hows your MVC 3?
    So good that I reckon it'd be unfair on the rest if I decided to bring my Dog to the table, I've decided to give the others a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Hey Chuey,

I know what you are saying but its all we can do. This whole event is a fundraiser for sending the winner of SF to evo and as such there will be no cash prizes on the day.

If only PSN charged for their service........ Suppose they are 'paying' for that decision now :p

Thanks,
    Aj

Have Gamesnash already given you the XBL token? Could it be swapped for a €50 PSN voucher instead?

76 entrants Registered on the Evo site...... :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

you know what would be awesome? a stream...have we stepped up to that level?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SirAuronDX wrote: »

We have all the equipment neccessary to stream, but the Exchange only has a ****ty 1MB connection that would have to be wireless.

A stream just isn't going to happen from that venue.

No.

Sure I have to run around to get people to sit on the mikes for half the matches.

76 HOLY MOLY.
    im gonna make a4 posters tonight but any funding would also be appreciated for special posters we can stick outside of the venue, detailing whats going on inside. Would work wonders.
    actually i reckon i can afford, we probably only need 4,BIG size

SirAuronDX wrote: »

A stream would be good but the problem we have with that is the venue's interweb isn't exactly fibre. I don't think its feasible for this event sadly. We will be recording as many matches as possible and there will be vlogs from both Doom and Misty "you've been mystified" Chaos.

All videos will be put onto the BrianVonDoom channel on YT.

We have all the equipment neccessary to stream, but the Exchange only has a ****ty 1MB connection that would have to be wireless.

A stream just isn't going to happen from that venue.

We have the hardware, we don't have the software, and in general it's not the kind of stuff which can be found for "free" unless you just want a constant stream of the game with nothing else.

76 HOLY MOLY.
    im gonna make a4 posters tonight but any funding would also be appreciated for special posters we can stick outside of the venue, detailing whats going on inside. Would work wonders.
    actually i reckon i can afford, we probably only need 4,BIG size

I will certainly pay for a poster if I get to keep it after.

Should send Ry an email, see if he would commentate the whole event.
    Aj needs to learn how to multiquote.

edit: poster will be a new one, so i cant garauntee how nice it will be. I want to base it on the website and keep the theme consistent.
    People are free to take them home after, i reckon il make 2 types, one detailing the upcoming event. Then another set to replace those on the day

Multiwhaty?

edit: poster will be a new one, so i cant garauntee how nice it will be. I want to base it on the website and keep the theme consistent.
    People are free to take them home after, i reckon il make 2 types, one detailing the upcoming event. Then another set to replace those on the day
    Multiwhaty?

He means like this.

• Advertisement

He means like this.

Zoolander reference FAIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Hey Chuey,

Thanks,
    Aj
    Wouldn't a PSN points card be a better prize in that case? If the vast majority of the scene play on PS3, odds are they'll make more use of PSN card than an XBL subscription.

edit: As for a stream, just point a webcam in the general direction of the screen behind the players and whack it on Ustream or something. :P

Hi Guys,

I suppose its about time I put up the timetable for the 18th June, a day that will live in infamy ;)

I put a provisional one up a short while ago and there has not been much variance on it since but you can take this post as the definitive one. :)

9.30/9.45 (Trying to get exchange to open at 9.30 for us) - 10.15am registrations for all tournaments. Creation of brackets and layout of tourney structure. I will have a few people taking names at tables.

10.30 - MVC Double elimination brackets begins and run on 8 of the xboxs set up. This tournament is straight double elimination and there will be no seeding. I will have multiple bracket pools to cater for numbers. So lets say we have 64 entrants for that tourney I will create 4 brackets with 16 players in each to form 4 super pools. This means that players within their elimination pool will have their two lives to 'win' their pool. The 4 winners of each of the pools will go through the semi finals against the other players. Lives will carry forward into the semi's.

10.30 - Blaz Blue Double Elimination brackets begins and run on the Ps3 set up we will have. The format will be the same as MVC.

12.30 - The main event starts. Super Street Fighter 4 - Arcade Edition. This will follow a groups and then double elimination format. The groups for this will be seeded bases on the inferno seeding where possible and reputation if necessary. I will make sure there are international players are kept in separate groups. I will initially allocate 4 xboxi to this and will stagger the groups on starting and wind down the other tourneys until SSF4 - AE is running on all machines.

15.00 - I will free up 2 xboxi and start the straight single elim for MK9.

I will be selling raffle tickets throughout the day, for those that want a greater chance of winning the stick in the raffle. It will take place at the end of the day just before the final of SSF4.

The costs and prizes are well known to most but here they are again:

Event Entry : €5

Tournaments
    Super Street Fighter - Arcade Edition : €15 (Groups & Double Elim)

Marvel v Capcom : €10 (Double Elim)

Blaz Blue : €10 (Double Elim)

Mortal Kombat : €5 (Single Elim)

Prizes
    SSF4 - Flights to Las Vegas and Entry into EVO.

Marvel V Capcom - Madcatz Limited Edition Chun Li TE fightstick

Blaz Blue - 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription (Thanks to Gamesnash for this donation. Their on-going support for this community is greatly appreciated)

Mortal Kombat - Free entry to ArcadeCon (http://www.facebook.com/ArcadeCon) on 1st - 3rd July, 2011 in D4 Hotels, Ballsbridge. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056232804 . This has been kindly donated to us by the organizers of that convention. Thank you, Its much appreciated.

The SSF4 prize will be allocated as following:
    The top 8 for the SSF4 tournament will all have until 22nd June to email me about whether or not they can make it to EVO in Vegas. (Remember, there are people who work, study, cannot afford etc) This will allow each of the top 8 to see if they can make the necessary arrangements to go. I will then, starting at 1st and working my way down in order, give the prize to the person who placed highest and who has confirmed that they can go. If I have no received an email from someone before midnight on the 22nd June, they will forfeit their option. In the unlikely event that all of the top 8 cannot go, it will goto the people from 9th-16th. Each placing will determine the preference as above. Rinse and repeat until we have a traveler.

I am projecting we will finish by 18.30........ well I say projecting....... hoping might be more accurate.

I want to mention again that we have zero wiggle room for people being late. The days schedule means that we must start each tournament at the allocated times. I cannot delay matches. This will also be true for the whole day. If people are heading off to get lunch or something, then please ensure that you are not missing a game. I will have no choice but to forfeit a player from a match if they are absent when their match is due. I will do my best to make sure we know when your match will be played but basically, it works well for all if you are not gone for hours on end.

Thanks,
    Aj

it would be wise to remind neo empire FOLK of the the upcoming date?
    not sure if they booked their flights, might have a few mind changers, which is why we shoulda went paypal. DAMN YOU jobless folks here !

it would be wise to remind neo empire FOLK of the the upcoming date?
    not sure if they booked their flights, might have a few mind changers, which is why we shoulda went paypal. DAMN YOU jobless folks here !

Yeh! Who was in charge of the website?!

;)

Good idea on the post on neo empire. Thanks for doing that.

you said to avoid paypal cause folks here dont know what a bank account is.
    south-park-spare-change.jpg
    CHANGE ?

you said to avoid paypal cause folks here dont know what a bank account is.

Its moot anyway I think. Taking money on the day will make it easier to tabulate. I can't see there being many people who registered and won't turn up.

WEBSITE is down
    really bad timing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

WEBSITE is down
    really bad timing

Back up now.

• Advertisement

WEBSITE is down