Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Doom you should make the link at the end of your vid clickable.

bit.ly:

kzqbK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Thanks for the stats but it would have been best to not encode the link.
    We already have Google analytics statics available for the website.

My apologies.

its ok, we still love you.
    We should make all statistics public and evaluate the success of the event and the next steps for this prestigious Fighting games community.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Youtube doesn't update it's statistics reliably over the weekend, will let you know when I have anything interesting from my end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Sorry - just gotta put it out. This is ****ing hype!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

ajayirl I'm 100% sure there's not enough space.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Not your problem man, just show up and enjoy yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

So how many are currently entering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

1000 + you. wear skinny pants or you might not fit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

I'm hype as hell for marvel. spent 5 hours or so on training learning touch of death, anti-certian character stuff, Dantes lol 1 frame crazy dance DHC trick. Resets. Unblockables.

My body is ready

For those interested, here's the reporting on the evo video.

Embedded player views %

shoryuken.com 611 79.4
    www.boards.ie 53 6.9
    evo.streetfighter.ie 35 4.5
    www.hitcombo.com 27 3.5
    www.ryuuko.cl 15 1.9
    www.google.com 10 1.3
    ryuuko.cl 7 0.91
    static.ak.facebook.com 5 0.65
    www.google.es 1 0.13
    www.google.com.br 1

This doesn't include youtube searched and people who check directly on the brianvondoom channel which makes up the figures to 1064 currently along side youtube searches and people watching directly on the brianvondoom channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    *Stuff*

Goddammit.

I vote bigger prizes for people who have jobs.

Just Sayin' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Heh. The first comment is saying how he never knew there was an Irish scene at all, and he'd lived in Ireland for 5 years...
    (also insulting the level of play on Live)
    Hopefully we'll get a few ex-pats out of the woodwork towards the games =3

OMGZ that put pink **** on my ARTWORK
    oh the irony ;)

He lists Tekken 6 - we aint playin tekken. Aw well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

ayjayirl wrote: »
    He lists Tekken 6 - we aint playin tekken. Aw well.

There's a Tekken logo at the bottom of the evo.streetfighter.ie page.

Sairus wrote: »
    There's a Tekken logo at the bottom of the evo.streetfighter.ie page.

Fire Farz

test you well.

**** that, Ajay told me to put it there
    fire AJ

im just a puppet

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    **** that, Ajay told me to put it there
    fire AJ

im just a muppet

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Triademan

So tekken or not tekken ???

That would be great to have it as well...

TEST YOU WELL :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's ten days away. Way too short notice to start asking now.

How about a tekken exhibition/moneymatch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

The lads over at techtv have an article on the event after I pestered them via twitter. link

Jeebus... If I'd known how it was going to be plastered everywhere I would have spent more time nicing up that video :D Good work though Alpha Track.

Triademan wrote: »
    So tekken or not tekken ???

That would be great to have it as well...

TEST YOU WELL :cool:

We wont have Tekken unfortunately. Its would be just too many games with no time or space. 4 is pushing it as it is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

No.

Sure I have to run around to get people to sit on the mikes for half the matches.

Can I have a go :)

BTW, if StevoKnevo is coming, I'm pretty sure we're the top 2 Hondas in Ireland accord to BP in AE; he's miles ahead of me but I was trying to learn Yun for the first 2 days. It'll be interesting to see how he's dealing with the nerfs since he seems to be doing really well.

Oh, and I'm playing the Harbour Bar in Portrush the night before and won't get in until about 4am so getting to Dublin for 10 is going to be a nightmare. Are the doors at 10, or what time to I actually need to be there for?

Timetable is earlier in thread :)

Be there for 10.

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I suppose its about time I put up the timetable for the 18th June, a day that will live in infamy ;)

I put a provisional one up a short while ago and there has not been much variance on it since but you can take this post as the definitive one. :)

9.30/9.45 (Trying to get exchange to open at 9.30 for us) - 10.15am registrations for all tournaments. Creation of brackets and layout of tourney structure. I will have a few people taking names at tables.

10.30 - MVC Double elimination brackets begins and run on 8 of the xboxs set up. This tournament is straight double elimination and there will be no seeding. I will have multiple bracket pools to cater for numbers. So lets say we have 64 entrants for that tourney I will create 4 brackets with 16 players in each to form 4 super pools. This means that players within their elimination pool will have their two lives to 'win' their pool. The 4 winners of each of the pools will go through the semi finals against the other players. Lives will carry forward into the semi's.

10.30 - Blaz Blue Double Elimination brackets begins and run on the Ps3 set up we will have. The format will be the same as MVC.

12.30 - The main event starts. Super Street Fighter 4 - Arcade Edition. This will follow a groups and then double elimination format. The groups for this will be seeded bases on the inferno seeding where possible and reputation if necessary. I will make sure there are international players are kept in separate groups. I will initially allocate 4 xboxi to this and will stagger the groups on starting and wind down the other tourneys until SSF4 - AE is running on all machines.

15.00 - I will free up 2 xboxi and start the straight single elim for MK9.

I will be selling raffle tickets throughout the day, for those that want a greater chance of winning the stick in the raffle. It will take place at the end of the day just before the final of SSF4.

The costs and prizes are well known to most but here they are again:

Event Entry : €5

Tournaments
    Super Street Fighter - Arcade Edition : €15 (Groups & Double Elim)

Marvel v Capcom : €10 (Double Elim)

Blaz Blue : €10 (Double Elim)

Mortal Kombat : €5 (Single Elim)

Prizes
    SSF4 - Flights to Las Vegas and Entry into EVO.

Marvel V Capcom - Madcatz Limited Edition Chun Li TE fightstick

Blaz Blue - 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription (Thanks to Gamesnash for this donation. Their on-going support for this community is greatly appreciated)

Mortal Kombat - Free entry to ArcadeCon (http://www.facebook.com/ArcadeCon) on 1st - 3rd July, 2011 in D4 Hotels, Ballsbridge. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056232804 . This has been kindly donated to us by the organizers of that convention. Thank you, Its much appreciated.

The SSF4 prize will be allocated as following:
    The top 8 for the SSF4 tournament will all have until 22nd June to email me about whether or not they can make it to EVO in Vegas. (Remember, there are people who work, study, cannot afford etc) This will allow each of the top 8 to see if they can make the necessary arrangements to go. I will then, starting at 1st and working my way down in order, give the prize to the person who placed highest and who has confirmed that they can go. If I have no received an email from someone before midnight on the 22nd June, they will forfeit their option. In the unlikely event that all of the top 8 cannot go, it will goto the people from 9th-16th. Each placing will determine the preference as above. Rinse and repeat until we have a traveler.

I am projecting we will finish by 18.30........ well I say projecting....... hoping might be more accurate.

I want to mention again that we have zero wiggle room for people being late. The days schedule means that we must start each tournament at the allocated times. I cannot delay matches. This will also be true for the whole day. If people are heading off to get lunch or something, then please ensure that you are not missing a game. I will have no choice but to forfeit a player from a match if they are absent when their match is due. I will do my best to make sure we know when your match will be played but basically, it works well for all if you are not gone for hours on end.

Thanks,
    Aj

Wasn't so hard. :)

Advertisement