Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hi guys,

This is a provisional timetable for the EVO tournaments.

9.45 - 10.15am registrations for tournaments. Create brackets and layout tourney. I will have a few people taking names.
    10.30 - MVC Double elimination brackets begins and run on 8 of the xboxs set up. Dreddy will run this. (Thanks Dreddy!)
    10.30 - Blaz Blue Double Elimination brackets begins and run on the other 4 xboxs. Joe & Voa will run this.

13.00 - SSF4 starts on 4 xboxs of Blaz Blue. (I need a volunteer to run this tourney for the pools/groups anyway. (Dan? Dan? Hey Dan, Dan?) As I can see this being finished first. Then, as the MVC winds down to final, other xboxs will be used for SSF4 tourney. This is the main event and as such will take over all consoles. I can run 1/4 finals of MVC to final on 2 machines concurrently if necessary. This tourney will be groups/pools through to double elim.

At about 4pm I will free up two xboxs for MK9 single elim tourney.

This is provisional and will take teh co-operation of the community to make it happen.

The setup will consist of 5 stations along the window and 3 more against the wall beside it. There will be an additional 4 stations along the opposite wall beside the toilet. This will leave the centre of the exchange free for people to be and view matches.

If anyone has multi plug extension thingys, label it as yours and bring it with you :).

The cost of entry will be €5 entry to the tournament and €10 euro for each tournament (This is provisional but won't be far off it). I have tried to structure it as best I can to facilitate people playing all tournaments.

On the day I will have 4 tourney reg tables and one at the main entrance to take event entries.

The timeline for this was always going to be tight so I would ask that people get there on time. It will make it alot more difficult if people are late etc. I appreciate that it it a tall order so some people coming from !Dublin. I might make a suggestion for couch crashing or the likes. I have one bedroom available for a weary traveler and two couches. Its on offer to people from afar if Zeus approves.

Thats all for now.
    Thanks,
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I might take you up on the offer of the bedroom there for the friday and the Saturday, AJ, would you be looking for anything in return? ( like a small sum of money and / or obviously helping with setting up the venue in the morning and tidying up afterwards. )

I might take you up on the offer of the bedroom there for the friday and the Saturday, AJ, would you be looking for anything in return? ( like a small sum of money and / or obviously helping with setting up the venue in the morning and tidying up afterwards. )

You have been pre-pm'd I'm afraid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Odgey

Signed up. Don't suppose anyone else is planning on travelling from Donegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

ayjayirl wrote: »
    You have been pre-pm'd I'm afraid. :(

Balls, anyone know a good cheap hotel near the venue then? I think it would be a good idea if as many of us who are travelling for this try and all book into the same hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ack, I can't attend.

Profound sadness.

Hi guys,

I have finalized (mostly) the entry fees and tournament fees for the Evo Qualifier Event on 18th June.

Event Entry : €5

Tournaments
    Super Street Fighter - Arcade Edition : €15 (Groups & Double Elim)

Marvel v Capcom : €10 (Double Elim)

Blaz Blue : €10 (Double Elim)

Mortal Kombat : €5 (Single Elim)

Prizes (So far..)
    SSF4 - Flights to Las Vegas and Entry into EVO.

Marvel V Capcom - Madcatz Limited Edition Chun Li TE fightstick

Blaz Blue - 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription (Thanks to Gamesnash for this donation. Their on-going support for this community is greatly appreciated)

Mortal Kombat - Free entry to ArcadeCon (http://www.facebook.com/ArcadeCon) on 1st - 3rd July, 2011 in D4 Hotels, Ballsbridge. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232804 . This has been kindly donated to us by the organizers of that convention. Thank you, Its much appreciated.

"Gentlemen….There are no points for second place." There is first and nowhere else! GET HYPE!

The SSF4 prize will be allocated as following:
    The top 8 for the SSF4 tournament will all have until 22nd June to email me about whether or not they can make it to EVO in Vegas. (Remember, there are people who work, study, cannot afford etc) This will allow each of the top 8 to see if they can make the necessary arrangements to go. I will then, starting at 1st and working my way down in order, give the prize to the person who placed highest and who has confirmed that they can go. If I have no received an email from someone before midnight on the 22nd June, they will forfeit their option. In the unlikely event that all of the top 8 cannot go, it will goto the people from 9th-16th. Each placing will determine the preference as above. Rinse and repeat until we have a traveler.

Additional Items
    There will be a random raffle at the tournament for all those who registered at http://evo.streetfighter.ie. Anyone not registered for the event beforehand will have to pay a €5 entry for the raffle. The prize is another Madcatz Limited Edition Chun Li TE fightstick!

Not much else for now. I will update with more information as we get closer. We currently have 47 people registered on the website for the event. If you haven't already done so you are only taking yourself out of the running for a free TE! Only takes a second and helps us plan better.

Thanks,
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can we buy additional raffle tickets on the day? I really want that TE. Guess I better start practising Marvel.

Also Hype etc.

Orim wrote: »
    Can we buy additional raffle tickets on the day? I really want that TE. Guess I better start practising Marvel.

Also Hype etc.

Yes you can and your name will be entered twice/as many times as you buy. It is a completely random draw and a great prize.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MADCATZ-UK-SSFIV-FIGHTSTICK-CHUN/dp/B004BYPBT6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1305118355&sr=8-1 - a link for those who want to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Can we enter the raffle if we can't attend on the day?

Really want my hands on one of those Chun Li TEs!

• Advertisement

Can we enter the raffle if we can't attend on the day?

Really want my hands on one of those Chun Li TEs!

The best option here (imho) is to get someone who is going to put your name in and pay the fiver for you. Can you make such arrangements? I ask because otherwise it'll just make my job harder and I am always against making my life harder :p

People who register and attend will get free entry for that draw. All other scenarios will cost €5 for entry. There is no limit on the amount of times you want to enter your name and if people who have registered online and do attend want to put their name in more than once, then they can do so on the day for €5 again... and again.... and again.... if so desired.

A name will be drawn randomly for the prize close to the end of the day. I will be putting up a provisional Timetable this week for the day.

I want to reiterate the time constraints we will be under and encourage people to get there on time. I will be unable to wait for people for tourneys if they are late.

Thanks,
    Aaron

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Prizes (So far..)
    SSF4 - Flights to Las Vegas and Entry into EVO.

Marvel V Capcom - Madcatz Limited Edition Chun Li TE fightstick

Blaz Blue - 12 Month Xbox Live Subscription (Thanks to Gamesnash for this donation. Their on-going support for this community is greatly appreciated)

Mortal Kombat - Free entry to ArcadeCon (http://www.facebook.com/ArcadeCon) on 1st - 3rd July, 2011 in D4 Hotels, Ballsbridge. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232804 . This has been kindly donated to us by the organizers of that convention. Thank you, Its much appreciated.

"Gentlemen….There are no points for second place." There is first and nowhere else! GET HYPE!

Mvc3 gets a stick:eek: dam thats good. pity BB gets Xbox Live Subscription even tho we mainly play on ps3 lol

Yo Arron I'll be glad to organise the BB but got a slight question can we enter? and what about ppl playing in mvc3 and BB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Looks like im focusing on MvC3 then rather than blaz.
    I want a stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Looks like im focusing on MvC3 then rather than blaz.
    I want a stick.

I knew this was gonna happen :(

chueytoo wrote: »
    Yo Aaron I'll be glad to organise the BB but got a slight question can we enter? and what about ppl playing in mvc3 and BB?

I am working through the nightmare that is planning the tournament timetables now. There will be no escaping the numbers and what they mean. We will have a set number of consoles, a limited timeframe and an idea (albeit rough) number of participants. we are also running 4 tournaments. This will have the effect that some people will have to play say an MVC match and then immediately be prepared to play a BlazBlue match should there be the need. I will do my best to co-ordinate that this doesn't happen but I will be running the knockout stages of MVC and when they are 1/2 through, I will be starting the pools/groups for SSF4. Similar situation with BB and MK9.

So, in short, we will do our best to plan the tournament to minimise it but people will have to realise that they may have to play a consecutive match in different games if the need arises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Will groups be seeded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

Looks like I'll be winning a Chun Li Stick ;D

Gosh I love trash talk.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Will groups be seeded?

For SSF4 - yes. For MVC, prob not. I am undecided, or more accurately - don't know, how I will seed them. I am open to suggestion.

I can't use inferno seeding as its not representative of the whole group that will show up so I might losely do it on reputation. The effect this will have will depend on the number of groups and the amount out of each group.

Dwydwy wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be winning a Chun Li Stick ;D

Someone stop this kid - will ya?!

Someone stop this kid - will ya?!

LOL

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Dwy vs freedom... that'll be an interesting fight.

Is the BBCS, BBCS 2? With all the DLC Characters? And does MvC3 have it's DLC characters also?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I'm supplying my console so there will be at least one with DLC characters for Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Boo to seeding. especially with the balance changes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's needed though. Or else you end up with a group of poor players....and another group with cobelcog hound azza etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kneecap if there's one tournament where we should try as hard as possible to make sure the best player wins it's the one where we're sending a player to Evo.

"Boo to seeding"? **** sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Just expressing an opinion, anyway isn't double elim supposed to do that job too? How are you going to seed the english guys if they come over?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,983 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Just expressing an opinion, anyway isn't double elim supposed to do that job too? How are you going to seed the english guys if they come over?

As far as I can tell, none of the English guys are coming over, at least their good players anyway. They're going to Dreamhack Summer which is the same weekend.

As Dreddy says, this has to be seeded. Double Elim won't prevent a group of death from eliminating a potential winner, while someone who normally wouldn't be near the top of the standings could progress from an easier group.

For SSF4 - yes we are seeding.

*Echo*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If a bunch does come over, I would assume they'll be grouped apart (the way all major tournaments do for international players) and if they're of high quality they will be seeded by reputation (again, as the major tournaments do).

Advertisement