Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Anyone watch the last Winnerstayson tournament? A certain Gief player is soooooo salty over Roogle :D Talking about his trip over for a good 2 or 3 minutes. Not exactly positive but not negative either. Said it was nice to see us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone watch the last Winnerstayson tournament? A certain Gief player is soooooo salty over Roogle :D Talking about his trip over for a good 2 or 3 minutes. Not exactly positive but not negative either. Said it was nice to see us again.

Link to the video?

From about 3:40

I think he goes back to talking about Ireland later in the stream but I'm not going to listen to the whole thing in work...

EDIT Little stab at us at 9:15- 10:50 :D

Hop over to the youtube comments and demand a money match lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I was surprised to see WorstGiefEver came over from England for the tournament when looking at the results, but I was also glad to see where he placed because I understand he's quite well known.

When he says "Good to see the Irish lads again" is the "again" in reference to WGC?

(Also I quite liked "I'm not making any excuses, I lost when I should have won. Although I was very tired, and I got the time of the tournament wrong. And I was lamed out". :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Hop over to the youtube comments and demand a money match lads!

Done.....

I smell an international invitational tournament a brewin........:cool:

• Advertisement

(Also I quite liked "I'm not making any excuses, I lost when I should have won. Although I was very tired, and I got the time of the tournament wrong. And I was lamed out". :D)

no one ever loses at Streetfighter, there is always a reason proffered - don't you know this :pac:

"I only lost because I had full Super."

Best excuse ever!

Good man Ken ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

Haha, state of that. Salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

I like how he says, "I'm not gonna make excuses...." and then proceeds to make excuses.

Does anyone know the second name of the guy who won MK9 last Sat? I think his boards name is KuruTao (I think) and his first name is Sean...

I need to give his name to Arcadecon for this weekend's free pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know the second name of the guy who won MK9 last Sat? I think his boards name is KuruTao (I think) and his first name is Sean...

I need to give his name to Arcadecon for this weekend's free pass.

Sure send him a wee PM - his board's profile is here.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

"I only lost because I had full Super."

Best excuse ever!

Good man Ken ;)
    Did I say that???

Them full super meters are a beetch. lol

As for yer man, he should be called WorstLoserEver...

Ken B wrote: »
    Did I say that???

Them full super meters are a beetch. lol

As for yer man, he should be called WorstLoserEver...

Dude, you have, on at least 2 occasions, usually while after having a few drinks, told me you've gotten nervous when you've got too many options with your Super bar full. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dude, you have, on at least 2 occasions, usually while after having a few drinks, told me you've gotten nervous when you've got too many options with your Super bar full. :)

I used to deliberately throw out a random EX fireball every time I got a full super because I'd start freaking out about messing up my inputs and throwing out a super randomly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I feel overwhelmed by choice if I just pick Akuma.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Yeah, I totally sympathising with myself, now that I'm thinking about it......
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yep ken you've told me that before.
    I don't think I've ever built up enough meter for a super..seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

In all fairness I did write a fairly comprehensive post about when and where the tournament was and I posted it on Neoempire.

I counter lamed him with Hawk but shouldn't have wasted that first match by picking Vega.

Though i do agree with him about the button select thing. Bring on third strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

People that cannot take losing AT ALL [no offence intended]

Ry
    Chris[boxer]
    Chunkis [Gwan KIKI]
    Chris[Cobelcog]...
    Ken
    Brian[not as bad BUT STILL]
    Kirby

etc

then theres ppl that are as cool as ice and just high 5 it out

Fitzpatrick bros
    Aron
    Me
    Steveboat
    Hound doesnt care much either
    etc

as i said no offence intended, just something ive noticed over the past months/years.

ANGRY DAD
    vs
    COOL DADS
    Angrydad.jpg
    VS
    cs%20cool%20dad.JPG

Really, you think DooM is a bad loser?

I would say you get way more pissed off than he does.

I'd say Speedboat takes losing quite badly at times and Onion is a terrible loser.

Don't think I've ever seen Roogle be a bad loser at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah Brian has never come across as a bad loser to me.
    I think Onion is top of the list.
    Man that time in Inferno I thought I broke something in your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Nah brians not that bad, i just put him in for lols ;)
    Onion is on top of that list, how did i forget :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Don't think I've ever seen Roogle be a bad loser at all.

Roogles too busy singing to care.

What I really hate when people lose is when they beat themselves up over it. Like, a healthy bit of salt we can all laugh at and move on, it's only natural and it happens to everyone once or twice. But I feel really bad when someone looks depressed after a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I didn't see roogle vs WGE so can't really comment on it, but I dunno how dash punches can really beat Gief, he has a very easy time dealing with them.

That said WGE didn't sound overly-salty to me - sounded like he was just saying he didn't feel like he played to his full potential in the match, which is fair enough (personally I think roogle is pretty solid in that matchup so I don't know whether WGE is underestimating him or not, but whatever).

And obviously I'm the saltiest loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Just a game innit blad.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I didn't see roogle vs WGE so can't really comment on it, but I dunno how dash punches can really beat Gief, he has a very easy time dealing with them.

That said WGE didn't sound overly-salty to me - sounded like he was just saying he didn't feel like he played to his full potential in the match, which is fair enough (personally I think roogle is pretty solid in that matchup so I don't know whether WGE is underestimating him or not, but whatever).

And obviously I'm the saltiest loser.

He made sure to call him "really average" a couple of times. I don't think he's spewing sodium but I do think he's definitely underplaying the guy who took out two of the UKs best in that 5v5 in vanilla.
    Just a game innit blad.

RAGGGOOOOODAZZLE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

did you get the mp3 of the interview?

It would be great to put up on sf.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

wge is entitled to his opinion of how good he thinks I am as much as I am entitled to mine of him, so is all good :-)

also, placebo might be talking about tetly--I haven't even been to an inferno for the last year and I recall being hype but not salty when I lose~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

wge is entitled to his opinion of how good he thinks I am as much as I am entitled to mine of him, so is all good :-)

Those are not the controversy enflaming comments we want to hear.

Advertisement