Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭VizardAnto

Great Tournament,Had great time Thanks and ggs to all I played :D

I got a few more of you mackg sleeping,I'll try upload sometime :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm busy today but just wanted to leave this here.

The videos so far have had *drumroll* 1,500 views. By our standards, for one day, this is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

I'm busy today but just wanted to leave this here.

The videos so far have had *drumroll* 1,500 views. By our standards, for one day, this is brilliant.

I've put links on the Eventhubs forum and asked Catalyst to put an embed of Grand Finals on the frontpage but that hasn't happened as of yet... maybe he's busy covering NCR or something, I expected him to do it TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Thanks Kanped, I always really appreciate it when someone does something like that.

Also, here's an SF playlist if anyone wants to share the love:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL95325577D2E97AF5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Ayjay pulled the whole event off perfectly.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Aw yeah. Top 10 in both SF4 and MK. I'm unstoppable these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Are there any more videos from the main event on the way Doom? Really really great job with the videos, the quality is superb. Commentary aint half bad too.

I'm going to have to start going to infernos and casuals again, I'm sorry I missed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Sairus wrote: »
    Aw yeah. Top 10 in both SF4 and MK. I'm unstoppable these days.
    Yeah man, top 10 DDR too:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

been watching all the vids doom's been posting on his channel. the final...wow...stevo, hound...that was a kerayzeh good fight :) i've watched all the matches that were put up and it's insane how good all you guys are...real good commentry, the video quality is very good. wish i'd gone even just to watch but there will always be more tournaments, so i'll be at one soon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

i've updated www.streetfighter.ie with a rundown etc.

any corrections please let me know.

Creature wrote: »
    Are there any more videos from the main event on the way Doom? Really really great job with the videos, the quality is superb. Commentary aint half bad too.

I'm going to have to start going to infernos and casuals again, I'm sorry I missed this.

No sorry, that's it for Street Fighter. Usually I'd have more but in this event we had to rush through the stages as quick as possible, whereas in Inferno I'd try to put off a fight if I wanted it recorded and the set up was already in use.
    aeonfusion wrote: »
    wish i'd gone even just to watch but there will always be more tournaments, so i'll be at one soon :)

there won't be if everyone doesn't go :D

Ledge, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Sent in a tip to SRK, so it's on the front page.
    http://shoryuken.com/2011/06/20/winner-of-tournament-in-ireland-headed-to-evo/

Hopefully that'll get some nice traffic to the BrianVonDoom channel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I got the photo's from Henry, as well as 3 videos; 2 of the SF GF's (the Double KO moment, and the end) as well as the second game of me vs Onion (though that one's only of our hands =P)

There's like 300 photos, is there any way to upload them under the EVO event, or what should I do with them? I'll leave the 400 megs sitting in my drop box until someone says what they want done with them =P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

My apologies to any MK heads for any annoyance by the couple of mistakes I made and the resulting "exhibition" matches but at least it didn't make any difference to peoples places and general outcome of the tournament thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Voa wrote: »
    I got the photo's from Henry, as well as 3 videos; 2 of the SF GF's (the Double KO moment, and the end) as well as the second game of me vs Onion (though that one's only of our hands =P)

There's like 300 photos, is there any way to upload them under the EVO event, or what should I do with them? I'll leave the 400 megs sitting in my drop box until someone says what they want done with them =P

I want them - asides from having them ourselves, Rachel would love to have a copy of them for her thesis! You going to be at the E-sports event this sat? Put em on a USB or something and I will bring my laptop on Sat.

Thanks to Henry for coming along and giving up his day to stay in a hot smelly room taking photos etc. Much appreciated.

Aj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Ry wrote: »
    My apologies to any MK heads for any annoyance by the couple of mistakes.....

Ry, there were no mistakes. That was simply the way the tournament was supposed to go. ;)

Messing aside, thanks for running that for me. TBH I had planned to get someone on the day and then completely forgot about it till it was nearly ready to start it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I won't be there on Saturday, I'll be off at Q-Con, but if someone who's going to the Esports will be at the Casuals, I can pass the stuff on a USB stick to them.

Alternatively, I have a link to a 400 meg zip file that I'll pm you once it's done uploading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Ahm, the name I was under was billedplatypus, abbreviated to bill - P and then reconstructed to billedpeat :), though I quite like that name and I also sometimes go by billy-plat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

ehh, so which do you want?

Also was 60 odd right, I think that's what you said to me in the pub ajay but I can't remember...

Also that cheap beer did nasty, nasty things to me that next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

After a few hours of copying clips from my iphone to the laptop, looking for software to rotate footage, sticking all together and then uploading it to YouTube, the Misty Vlog is now live!

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

streetfighter.ie foosball tournament GET HYPE ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

Hi Guys,

Many many many thanks for Saturday, I had a fantastic time! Sorry about the rice-krispie cakes, the heat just melted them :( will make sure to freeze them the next time lol Everyone was so nice and welcoming and I'm swimming in a sea of field-notes, photos, and interviews...extremely grateful for everyone who helped out with my research, interviews, general thoughts & opinions, the forums and recommended texts and sites. Sorry that I couldn't get around to everyone, especially Sinead (wasn't keeping track of my time) hopefully I can pick your brain at another tournament. Also, apologies for not heading out with you guys after :( I was so tired after the tournament and needed to do a quick write up at home (while everything was still fresh in the head)...maybe next time! :)

Congratulations to all that won! especially Stevo...Las Vegas, very nice :D I wonder would the college fund a multi-sited research project lol. Many thanks to everyone involved....my other-half did a great job!; didn't know he had those organizational skills in him! lol and my friend Beanie for coming along to help! She had a great time and wanted to say congrats and hi to everyone. Dwydwy...you're too kind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Absolutely brilliant tournament. Great atmosphere, everyone there was really chill, a fantastic way to spend my Saturday in general. Thank you to everyone.
    P.S I still haven't taken my mankini out of it's box. I'll be sure to remember it for Oxegen though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

I tried a timelapse video for this for the very first time, it's a learning process.
    Despite my scientific approach - (I duct taped the camera to a pole behind the stage, took a quick look and hoped for the best.)

The camera slipped after a while and rested mostly on the roof, ran out of battery early as I didn't plug it in and the the overall angle is poor.
    But I got 3000 images, even if some of them are of the roof, it still shows the activity. And that's just even before SF groups even finished. Anyways, I'll get it better next time, here's all 3000 images in 3 minutes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Zoomyzoom wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Many many many thanks for Saturday, I had a fantastic time! Sorry about the rice-krispie cakes, the heat just melted them :( will make sure to freeze them the next time lol :)

On behalf of both myself and my gf, we'd just like to say...awesome cakes...om nom nom.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Superb tournament everyone...it ran so smoothly! GGs to everyone I played (badly)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Absolutely brilliant tournament. Great atmosphere, everyone there was really chill, a fantastic way to spend my Saturday in general. Thank you to everyone.
    P.S I still haven't taken my mankini out of it's box. I'll be sure to remember it for Oxegen though :P

Good stuff man, great to see new players enjoying events. Hope you'll be at casuals or another tournament soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Good stuff man, great to see new players enjoying events. Hope you'll be at casuals or another tournament soon!

Looking forward to any future events already. That was my first tournament and I was certainly not disappointed. Hopefully next time i'll be able to enter more though, I was pretty smashed for that weekend and MK was my main concern :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

A-Trak wrote: »

Excellent stuff! Have a look from 46s to 54s, those are dance moves that michael jackson would have been proud of :p (is that you BanjoB?)

Advertisement