Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo Qualifier Tournament - June 18th, 2011 A.D. - The Exchange Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Curse AJ for making me get up at 9am on a saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Yeah! I hope the 10 15 thing isn't too strict, since we'll be driving up and I'm not sure about the time i twould take.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Curse AJ for making me get up at 9am on a saturday.
    raah! wrote: »
    Yeah! I hope the 10 15 thing isn't too strict, since we'll be driving up and I'm not sure about the time i twould take.
    ayjayirl wrote: »
    Reg for each tournament will start at 10.15 and I'll be giving MVC & BB priority as tehy start first but I'll be taking reg's for the other tourneys up until 1/2 hr before SSF4 and MK9.

1/2 will be the cut off though as we need to seed & make groups! The reason I started all early is so people who are playin in MVC can do all their reg's for SSSf4 etc at the same time so they can concentrate on the game!

GET HYPE!!!!!!

It's only 10.15 if you're playing Marvel.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

9.30/9.45 (Trying to get exchange to open at 9.30 for us) - 10.15am registrations for all tournaments. Creation of brackets and layout of tourney structure. I will have a few people taking names at tables.

I was under the impression that this was the case :mad:
    So I limited myself to 8 beers and 3 hours sleep to get a 7am train for no good reason.....Still gonna get the early train, suppose I can get in a few casuals anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Leaving now, see yall in a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Dam ya all and this "morning stuff"

I have not seen pre 12 o clock in about 8 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Hey AJ,

Me, Sai, waster , vizard and Matt are all in a bar getting some breakfast. We be heading down to the exchange afterwards.

Just making sure mk and street fighter have late sign ups since I'm only at luas stop now due to a 40 min detour I had to make to get my controller my biro left in one of his friends houses.

If there not late could ya sign me for street fighter and mk now and ill pay when I get there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Remember, 50 lads in a room with the sun shining. Cleanliness is next to god tier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Oh and I'm on the way in Emmett.

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »
    Remember, 50 lads in a room with the sun shining. Cleanliness is next to god tier :)

*jogs 2 miles in leather jacket*

Awh the smell of man

Well I'm about 20 mins away atm. So hype for this. So hard to not nerd out on this luas and make a show of myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

For all yous at home:

MvC winner: D4RK ONION
    2nd: Blinn

SSF4 AE winner: stevo
    2nd: Hound

Raffle winner: Red350

not sure of the others :/ sf final was serious hype - final round draw!

Well done everyone and thank you ayjay for organising it - fantastic day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, twas indeed great - nice job on the organisation.
    Now if only this rain would ease up so I can continue onto my sister's house with this equipment..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

It was fun, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've been very, very sick for over a week. Wouldn't have been fair to show up in that stuffy room and infect people. Killed me to miss out but no choice really.

Good on Stevo for winning. You'll rep us well with honda.

I believe in Irish Mike Ross! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dwydwy

My thoughts on EVO ie.

Bad points-
    #1. I did not enjoy this.
    #2. When I was eliminated out of MvC3 I went into the other room and starting crying in secrecy (Not really but annoyed that I messed up).
    #3. It was so warm.
    #4. Cobel wasn't there.
    #5. In my SF Groups I've played less lag online than on certain moments in my matches, terrible tv.
    #6. I was too small to see the finals of SF.

Good points-
    #1. I had good casuals.
    #2. Aj's fiancée was super kind.

Next time in a tournament make sure Dwy wins one tournament and I'll rate it 5 Stars! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dwydwy wrote: »
    #2. When I was kicked out of MvC3

Is this code for "lost my match" or were you actually kicked out for something?

But in truth it was good and Aj did a great job running it, I'll def be at next years ;)

Kirby wrote: »
    Is this code for "lost my match" or were you actually kicked out for something?

Lost my match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kanped

Well, let's see. I spent so much time travelling from driving 100+ miles to portrush and back the night before, then getting the train at 6.15 am, with no sleep, losing my £300 phone, not placing on any of the tournaments I entered (might have made top 8 in Marvel but I don't even play Marvel) and ending up now having been awake for over 40 hours feeling very odd indeed...

and on balance, I've had a really good day. Excellent work to all involved, I hope to see you next time (and redeem myself at Q-Con...).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Great day did better than expected, great to see everyone again and GGs to everyone I played

Huge thanks to Ayjay and everyone else involved in the running great job

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Good play, can't wait to see some of the sick stuff I missed in the Finals.

Also, I'll go back to Adon, even if he's harder to win with than Yang.

Also also:
    (me) Guile mirror!
    (Doom) I hope someone records this.
    (me) Really?
    (Doom) Of course not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Yeah great day.
    All went nice and smooth.Big up to AJ for that.Lovely venue with a great atmosphere.
    My main issue with the day was being so close to a boozer.Fail..

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey lads, what a day! Haven't had that much fun in quite a while, and I was seriously delighted that I won Marvel. This Chun stick is so nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

'I hope this guy doesn't get Bourkenatored... Cus I wasn't up for it.' - Bourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Yeh, I'm glad most enjoyed themselves. Special thanks to Rachel, Nadine, Dave, Dan, Chopper, Voa A-Trak and Ry for all their help....., and some other scrub recording matches.

Congrats to Stevo - Ireland will have decent rep at EVO. Chopper & Dan can show him how to drink whilst they're there.

There are many more to thank but I'm fairly locked And if it wasn't for iPhone spell correct yokey, this would be illegible.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Congratz to stevo. Great player representing us at evo. Really enjoyed our group games with dreddy, hound, unky and the rest. Didnt make it out of groups but sure what harm!!. See y'all next tourney.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Yeh, I'm glad most enjoyed themselves. Special thanks to Rachel, Nadine, Dave, Dan, Chopper, Voa A-Trak and Ry for all their help....., and some other scrub recording matches.

Congrats to Stevo - Ireland will have decent rep at EVO. Chopper & Dan can show him how to drink whilst they're there.

There are many more to thank but I'm fairly locked And if it wasn't for iPhone spell correct yokey, this would be illegible.

GGs to everybody, great day. The only thing i did wrong all day was drinking 6 whiskeys in an hour and bitching off home before i collapsed lol.

BG'S to joe, stop beating me you dont even play the game.

Yo lesson here capcom........ "you come at the king, you best not miss"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP-lrftLQaQ

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Great day. The best tournament we've had in Ireland, by far. I think we owe it to ourselves to try and capitalise on this, and maybe have a big tournament every year.

Thanks to AJ and everyone who threw in in every way to make the day happen.

On another note- the hype in that room, I have only seen the like in this country once before. The final speaks for itself really.

Advertisement